VK OUT !!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Re: VK OUT !!

Post by boyyanno » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:01 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:56 pm
Now you’re just making stuff up, I never said I didn’t rate McKenna.

Just not sure how you claim a manager who finished 2nd in League One is better than one that almost broke the Championship points record.

Also some fans don’t like the inexperienced VK but McKenna is also a young pup.
Where have I claimed he's better than VK? Show me one person who has?

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:02 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:23 pm
Bingo/Jackpot/Right on the money.

This is EXACTLY IT and ultimately why I don't really care if he goes or not.

Want to foster a cut-throat working environment and discard players like that? Don't be surprised if the same happens to you then.
Hard to argue against this.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 745 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:06 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:52 pm
Where did I say we were ahead of schedule?

Just pointing out how VK has been killed by his own success, if he didn’t achieve such great success he’d likely have more support on here.

Not too dissimilar to Steve Cooper who took over Forest in the relegation zone, took them up and was immediately under pressure with people willing him to be sacked months into the new league.

The fickle nature of football stinks imo
Didn't say you said that ITT although I'm pretty sure I've seen you say it previously. It's certainly a go-to for a lot of people, the idea we're ahead o schedule.

And again, you're really not one to talk about fickleness given your track record. Plus, once again- it's not just that we're in the relegation zone. It's we're in the relegation zone having binned off a number of key players from last year for new arrivals who are contributing precious little yet still picked ahead of even trying last season's top performers for more than a courtesy start if that, it's that we're not learning (We've gone back to 442 but aren't looking much better, certainly not doing much better with points and I can't say I see what our approach is now), that VK is trotting out some frankly absurd claims ("every player's been given a chance, all the basics are there"), that we are SO bad after such a good season last year. We're headed for the biggest points differential between two seasons ever. Expecting survival is always bold, but I do think people had the right to expect a lot more fight than they're getting especially when you look at Luton, or even Sheffield- who lost their 2 best players, one to us, and have spent far less. It's a results business and our drop-off in results has been jaw dropping to me.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:09 pm

The season is done and has been since about November.

The club are not sacking Kompany because he has had one season as manager at the level we’re about to be in and won it at a canter getting 101 points. In my opinion rightly so, he has enough credit in the bank to be given the opportunity to bring us back up. The Championship is an awful division (I went to Elland Road the other week to watch Leeds beat Preston - the standard is laughable) comparative to this and with a bit of good business we will be in top two contention without question. If we come back up and we start poorly, different story - Kompany would rightly be at risk of the sack.

Kompany has made a dogs dinner of this season, as have the board who have overseen the entire strategy and sequence of events leading us to this position, but what’s done is done. All focus should be on next season at this point so my one hope for Vincent is that he makes some big calls with this team and dispenses with the players who clearly have no intention of being here in August. I think we could all obviously name a few of those, time for him to drop them and start re-integrating the likes of Benson.
These 3 users liked this post: warksclaret Bosscat yosserhughes

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:38 pm

StayingDown4Ever wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:22 pm

Vincent has humiliated all those who have defended him for the last few months. What’s surprising are those who still defend this waste of space.
From 101 points and winning the title at Ewood to comments like this because we’re shite and struggling in the league above.

Where’s the willing him to fail and pure hatred come from?
These 8 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie spt_claret nettiepicot92 Bosscat gandhisflipflop Holtyclaret Woonderbah Burnley1989

Shaggy
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:38 pm
From 101 points and winning the title at Ewood to comments like this because we’re shite and struggling in the league above.

Where’s the willing him to fail and pure hatred come from?
Last season is irrelevant. Regardless he’s ripped that up all by himself, spunked an absolute fortune and returned one of the most pathetic campaigns in premier league history.

This seasons failure is an absolute disgrace, we haven’t even been remotely not looking likely competitive.

If our performances and points return is satisfactory in your eyes then it says everything about your standards.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:43 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:42 pm
Last season is irrelevant. Regardless he’s ripped that up all by himself, spunked an absolute fortune and returned one of the most pathetic campaigns in premier league history.

This seasons failure is an absolute disgrace, we haven’t even been remotely not looking likely competitive.

If our performances and points return is satisfactory in your eyes then it says everything about your standards.
Last season isn't irrelevant to reasonable people.
These 4 users liked this post: Hapag Lloyd hoskinsgoalatswansea gandhisflipflop Burnley1989

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:44 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:42 pm

This season has been awful, for varying reasons and mistakes were absolutely made. I don’t think it helped that we got promoted with 4 of our better players being on loan.

But what’s done is done, there’s little point keep crying over spilled milk. Look forward…

Gemayze
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Gemayze » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:28 pm

Burnley are garbage this season. The worst side I can recall, by some measure. And Kompany has shown us all he is both tactically inept and stubborn. He’s wasted a fortune on a group of players who simply aren’t good enough. And he’s refused to give any of our performers from the Championship winning season a chance. The players he’s bought are simply not good enough to play the style of football he dictates. We just ping it around aimlessly from side to side ain’t the space between defence and midfield, before an inevitable sloppy ball / bad touch and we gift the opposition the ball. Who invariably cut through us like a knife through butter and score. And we continue to play this way There is not one player in Kompany’s first choice XI who deserves any credit - they are all awful, without exception. So disappointed.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:30 pm

Yawn.
This user liked this post: nettiepicot92

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:17 pm

The people wanting VK out are they same people who wanted Dyche out when we were hard to beat but terrible to watch.
Go figure

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:21 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:17 pm
The people wanting VK out are they same people who wanted Dyche out when we were hard to beat but terrible to watch.
Go figure
Point being? The only thing that's changed is now we are easy to beat & terrible to watch, never a truer saying than be careful what you wish for if this is it.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:43 pm

Last season isn’t relevant because VK has made it irrelevant by tearing the team up and making a mess of the squad. No one can point to last season after what he has done since.

Tackler49
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by Tackler49 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:43 pm

The problem is does VK understand that at the age of most of the team was he good enough to play against world class players every week the answer is no doubt NO so he shouldn’t be expecting inexperienced players to learn their trade in the PL and get results at the same time not to mention follow confused tactics not all players can start off like Phil Foden, also VK is still learning how to be a manager himself. We should see how goes again in the Championship next season

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:36 am

on the plus side it should be easier to get away tickets next season compared to last year.

all the prem bum boys will have buggered off this time i feel.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1571 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:58 pm

Tackler49 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:43 pm
The problem is does VK understand that at the age of most of the team was he good enough to play against world class players every week the answer is no doubt NO so he shouldn’t be expecting inexperienced players to learn their trade in the PL and get results at the same time not to mention follow confused tactics not all players can start off like Phil Foden, also VK is still learning how to be a manager himself. We should see how goes again in the Championship next season
Vk had amassed over 100 appearances for anderlecht and Hamburg by time he was 21 and made his debut for Belgium 1st team at 18.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:04 pm

Damo wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:17 pm
Go figure
You certainly don’t speak for me. I wanted Dyche out and do not want VK out.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill nettiepicot92

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:31 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:51 am
Sounds like you've lost touch with reality. Pretending Burnley of all clubs is some kind of top team who's lost it's way, and is trying to get back to become the powerhouse they've been in the past.

VK has you dreaming you can become more than a championship team. Without him you will never become anywhere near decent.

The mere fact Steven Defour is seen as one of the best players to have ever graced turf moor with a busted up knee just about says it all.
I have no belief that we're a Man U, Man City etc. Merely that the club's history didn't start with Vincent Kompany and ALK.
We were more than decent before he arrived.
Genuinely, if you're here just because of Kompany, I'd rather fans like you weren't here. You're not a supporter of the club and you're happy to run down and rip apart everything about it to prop up your hero. Explains everything about why you salivate over whoever is his favourite player of the week, you're not here to support the club, you're here to support his career.
The club is bigger than Kompany, just as it was bigger than Dyche.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:35 pm

Anthonini wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:51 am
Sounds like you've lost touch with reality. Pretending Burnley of all clubs is some kind of top team who's lost it's way, and is trying to get back to become the powerhouse they've been in the past.

VK has you dreaming you can become more than a championship team. Without him you will never become anywhere near decent.

The mere fact Steven Defour is seen as one of the best players to have ever graced turf moor with a busted up knee just about says it all.
😂

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:44 pm

Holtyclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:58 pm
Vk had amassed over 100 appearances for anderlecht and Hamburg by time he was 21 and made his debut for Belgium 1st team at 18.
Burnley have thus far conceded 55 goals, the worst defensive record apart from bottom club Sheffield United. VK may well have an impressive record as a player but the stats are telling us that he has problems organising a defensive structure to provide a solid base at Burnley F C.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1571 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:26 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:44 pm
Burnley have thus far conceded 55 goals, the worst defensive record apart from bottom club Sheffield United. VK may well have an impressive record as a player but the stats are telling us that he has problems organising a defensive structure to provide a solid base at Burnley F C.

I was addressing the first part of a comment about vk not understanding the capabilities / potential of very young players, nothing to do with what you are on about (coaching a defensive unit) but thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:58 pm

Summed up well on the totally football podcast this week.

“I don’t know what Burnley are, apart from rubbish”

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:23 pm
Just out of interest, why did you post a lot of criticism after the Fulham game, and again after the Arsenal game, but you went quiet for the week of the Liverpool game?

You may have been away of course, but it struck me that that was the same XI, who outplayed the title leaders at Anfield for large parts.

Like 99% of the criticism on this thread the above is false. What is valid on this thread are the posters who say the heads drop too easily when we go one or two down - in my view the biggest failing, one that arises from lack of leadership on the pitch, and why we looked so good for a few minutes yesterday and as soon as we conceded we went back into a shell.

But what I do object to are claims there is no desire, no work in training, no plan, no purpose. That is insulting to all the hard graft these players and staff are putting in. There is all that, but there isn’t confidence.
If you'd seen my other posts you'd see I was in Vegas that week and not back until 12 Feb and seeing as I missed the game completely I couldn't comment.

I criticised after the games I did because I call what I see. This side has no heart, no leadership and for large parts of games since Villa away we loom to be chasing shadows.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:25 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:44 pm
This season has been awful, for varying reasons and mistakes were absolutely made. I don’t think it helped that we got promoted with 4 of our better players being on loan.

But what’s done is done, there’s little point keep crying over spilled milk. Look forward…
It’s strange that you have changed your views so much whilst VK is in charge to how you were under Dyche.
I know you often defend yourself that you only criticised Dyche in his last couple of seasons. Not sure that was the case but even it was where was “what’s done is done”, look forward etc etc attitude then ?

It’s good if you have changed the way you look at things but in a season when we have been far far worse than any season under Dyche it feels disingenuous that you are criticising others on this board for criticising VK.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 am

Anthonini wrote:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Burnley has been the laughing stock of the PL. One lucky season finishing 10th won't change that. It's a terrible team and VK made you guys look good last season for the first time.

Then to blame him for getting beaten by better teams with more money and better players is just weird. If you think any other coach will make us beat arsenal Liverpool and man city that's just pathetic. Stop dreaming and be realistic. We had decent results against the teams we should have beaten.
You’ve posted some weird crap on this board in the last year or so but this beats the lot.

You seem to know zero about the history of our club and even how we have done in the last decade or so. You would have thought when you were googling Burnley FC for the first time when VK took over you’d have picked up on a few things.

I mean we would do the same if Robbie Blake or Glen Little went to manage Charleroi or Eupen or any other of the pub teams in your league.

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:40 am

Anthonini wrote:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Burnley has been the laughing stock of the PL. One lucky season finishing 10th won't change that. It's a terrible team and VK made you guys look good last season for the first time.

Then to blame him for getting beaten by better teams with more money and better players is just weird. If you think any other coach will make us beat arsenal Liverpool and man city that's just pathetic. Stop dreaming and be realistic. We had decent results against the teams we should have beaten.
If your going to criticise will you please get your facts right ,we finished 7th.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:25 pm

Made a post earlier, seems to have disappeared.

None of us are deluded into thinking we are a top club as we once were, but to say "Burnley always was a weak team"? And "Lucky finish in the prem"?

Kompany has yet to take us anywhere near where we have been before even recently, and as good as Defour was - he's way down the the list of Claret legends.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4074 times
Has Liked: 1853 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:46 pm

Sorry, I've held off as long as possible, but we can't go on like this.

Agree.
These 2 users liked this post: NickBFC StayingDown4Ever

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:49 pm

Anthonini, put down David Icke's book and come grab your boy.
This user liked this post: StayingDown4Ever

It Is What It Is
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 407 times

Post by It Is What It Is » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:11 pm

We are Burnley...we are a very, very good Championship team...we are not an EPL team..... yet... punching well above our weight by reaching the EPL.
Short memories....VK was the Messiah 10 months ago and could do no wrong....he is STILL THE MAN.
Anyway, who on earth could do a better job?

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:22 pm

Who could do a better job?

Well, there’s a manager of a team directly above us in the league that has spent a quarter of what VK has and they are competitive.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:27 pm

I feel dirty saying this, but it’s getting near impossible to defend him. We have to endure another 12 games like this and we’re getting worse as each game goes by. I’m not really sure he can keep his job if this continues as he seems to have lost a number of the players and has probably lost half of the fanbase. There has to come a point where Pace decides that his time is up and I wonder if we’re getting close to it.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:27 pm
I feel dirty saying this, but it’s getting near impossible to defend him. We have to endure another 12 games like this and we’re getting worse as each game goes by. I’m not really sure he can keep his job if this continues as he seems to have lost a number of the players and has probably lost half of the fanbase. There has to come a point where Pace decides that his time is up and I wonder if we’re getting close to it.
Completely agree.

Really, there’s zero point changing a manager now in the position we’re in.

But, the players look utterly shot, and I really worry about the hangover in to next season.

There’s getting relegated, and then there’s this.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:35 pm

Should we have sacked Dyche is the question?
would have we bounced back last seaon-I think not
Had we then for sure we would not be in this mess

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:39 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:33 pm
Completely agree.

Really, there’s zero point changing a manager now in the position we’re in.

But, the players look utterly shot, and I really worry about the hangover in to next season.

There’s getting relegated, and then there’s this.
Yes, the season’s gone and it would be a case of putting Jackson in temporary charge to see the season out with a view to recruiting someone from the summer. I understand those thinking we should stick with him as he presents a good chance of promotion next season, but I think as each match passes we are imposing massive damage on ourselves. It seems unlikely that we see another 12 games like this then turn things around so dramatically next season.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:40 pm

mdd2 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:35 pm
Should we have sacked Dyche is the question?
would have we bounced back last seaon-I think not
Had we then for sure we would not be in this mess
I think Dyche’s time was up to be honest.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:43 pm

The other thing to add is that if we could see that Vinny had learned lessons and the team was showing signs of improvement I could happily accept that it’s too little too late but would see a positive for the future. But even if we do win promotion next season, what then? We will still have a manager who looks so far out of his depth in the Premier League.

Like I say, I feel dirty putting this point of view forward because I really like the man and thought he did a superb job last season.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:46 pm

I think myself one of the patient ones, but the last month or two has pushed me over to the other side. Last week was just laughable, and for there to be literally zero response is just not forgivable. I think the rot has set in, and I can't believe I'm actually saying that out loud. I think the "project" (such as it is) is largely irrecoverable. Pains me to say it, because Vinny gave me the best season of my life, but we need a mood shift that can't come from within.
This user liked this post: spt_claret

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:00 pm

VK hit the iceberg weeks ago and Pace is still playing the violin in the music deck.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:00 pm
VK hit the iceberg weeks ago and Pace is still playing the violin in the music deck.
He got away with one against Fulham. Another abject effortless performance up until the last 20 mins.

helmclaret
Been Liked: 325 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by helmclaret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:14 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:00 pm
Wasn’t the conductor of the band on the Titanic from Burnley?

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:17 pm

helmclaret wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:14 pm
🤣 history repeats itself🤣🙈
This user liked this post: helmclaret

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 846 times

Post by Murger » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:18 pm

helmclaret wrote:
Colne.
This user liked this post: helmclaret

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:19 pm

helmclaret wrote:
His initials were VKP

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Post by Westleigh » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:21 pm

helmclaret wrote:
Colne I think.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:16 pm

It Is What It Is wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:11 pm
We are Burnley...we are a very, very good Championship team...we are not an EPL team..... yet... punching well above our weight by reaching the EPL.
Short memories....VK was the Messiah 10 months ago and could do no wrong....he is STILL THE MAN.
Anyway, who on earth could do a better job?
Even shorter memories from you.
We were not 'punching above our weight by reaching the EPL' when ALK took over. We were a financially tight team that at our best played ruthlessly efficient counter-punch football, at our worst played a dour grind, but had been in the Prem for years on minimal budgets.
Kompany did very, very well last year. Overperformed against my expectations - I thought we'd be mid table. A lot of people, most of whom are still happy clappers, said even before a player was signed that we'd bounce back as champions comfortably. I doubted them, they were right. We had the biggest spend in the league and a core of 7 experienced PL players, but still overperformed from what I expected.
This year we've spent more than the previous regime could have dreamed of in a season, and capitulated.
I'm not quite yet VK out but this is just such total revisionism. The club didn't begin with ALK, or with VK. No amount of "but we're just a small town club" mentality will erase the ten years before VK, the 9 years before ALK. And I suspect one man who could do a better job is the man a number of fans wanted out just 3 months after we qualified for Europe, because his football wasn't pretty enough.

zigzag
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by zigzag » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:20 am

Out

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:35 am

Anthonini wrote:

Ah well you’ll soon be gone, nice to see the mask slip “you guys”

Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out