Season tickets next season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Re: Season tickets next season

Post by martin_p » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
Plenty of moaning ?
What kind of stupid comment is that ?

At this stage we have no idea whether it will be a success for the club. The extent of how many people choose to not renew will emerge in the next 2 or 3 years. You might not see that much of a reduction this season but if we fail to go back up next year I think you will start to see a significant drop off.

Affordability and success on the pitch are the only 2 reasons why we get bigger crowds than the likes of Blackburn, Preston, Bolton etc. If we continue to put prices up like the last couple of years and remain in the championship we will be back down to between 12 and 15 thousand attendance a week. Let’s see how many walk ons we get at £70 a game when we are 15th in the championship.
If we go down I think it will be difficult to tell whether any drop off in season ticket sales is down to price hikes or relegation after a depressing season. In reality it’ll probably be a combination of both.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

GetIntoEm wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am
A lot of moaning going on, but how many are declining to renew? People will accept it and move on. Therefore it's been a success for the club. Sad but true
Renewal is under serious consideration for me. I pay for my (young adult) children's tickets and the increase for me is significant in the CFS for 1x U22 (aged 19), 1 x adult (aged 23) and my adult ticket. I pay for them because times are difficult for youngsters at the moment and they're getting screwed over financially across the board right now (cost of living etc).

Add that to my 400 mile round trip each home game, the schedule changes that mean I miss midweek games (only been a couple I'll have missed this season, but next season the "extra" games are of no benefit to me in total). Granted my circumstances are extreme compared to "local" fans but the reasons I reconsider every year include VFM - and this may push it out of my interest.

The reality is though that the cost of the ticket(s) per game isn't that much as part of the day of entertainment for me, I have fuel costs, food costs, occasional hotel costs (I'm getting older and cant always do the drive in a day!) but it is part of the consideration, and one day (may be this year after our current season) I decide enough is enough and we do something different on a weekend visit.

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am
2013/14 they introduced the u18 & u22 age bandings

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/fo ... on-2709970
So the U22s have had it good for the last 10 years.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

I’ve not read the whole tread. But lots quoting about the cost. I’ve seen it mentioned. But don’t forget, in the championship, away tickets will be a lot more expensive. No more £30 cap.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

I'm one of those who has just hit 65, so even though the OAP ST has increased significantly I still get a considerable price cut. It's very disappointing though - having been an ST holder since 1968 - that I now have to pay considerably more than I had been expecting.

I can, however, understand the policy of narrowing the gap between an adult ticket and an OAP, but what I don't understand, is how a Senior ticket can go up by a different percentage depending on where you sit.
If all Senior tickets had gone up by say 15 or 20%, and say another 5% next season then I would have understood this better, but how can it be defensible that a Senior Citizen sat in one area of the ground has a significantly higher percentage increase than someone else on a similar or less income in another part of the ground for watching the same game? (i.e.receiving the same service)
This is morally wrong in my opinion, and bad practice.
I assume that they have taken legal advice on this and they can charge exactly what they want for the service that they provide, but it seems discriminatory to me that you can create different tiers of Senior Citizen by increasing their prices by significantly different percentages depending on where you sit.
Surely all tickets in a specific category should be levelled up at the same rate?

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
Plenty of moaning ?
What kind of stupid comment is that ?
Why is it a stupid comment? It's not your council tax bill, it's a luxury item that's an optional purchase. If you're not happy with the price, don't pay it. It's as simple as that.

It's cost Vs benefit

I pay for 2 adults and 2 kids, the extra cost hurts but it's still worth it for me as it's a family activity we enjoy doing together.

I think people expecting no increase this year were incredibly naive, it probably would have been more if we were safe.

It's still good value for money in my eyes at the new prices.

GetIntoEm

Post by GetIntoEm » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am
I'm one of those who has just hit 65, so even though the OAP ST has increased significantly I still get a considerable price cut. It's very disappointing though - having been an ST holder since 1968 - that I now have to pay considerably more than I had been expecting.

I can, however, understand the policy of narrowing the gap between an adult ticket and an OAP, but what I don't understand, is how a Senior ticket can go up by a different percentage depending on where you sit.
If all Senior tickets had gone up by say 15 or 20%, and say another 5% next season then I would have understood this better, but how can it be defensible that a Senior Citizen sat in one area of the ground has a significantly higher percentage increase than someone else on a similar or less income in another part of the ground for watching the same game? (i.e.receiving the same service)
This is morally wrong in my opinion, and bad practice.
I assume that they have taken legal advice on this and they can charge exactly what they want for the service that they provide, but it seems discriminatory to me that you can create different tiers of Senior Citizen by increasing their prices by significantly different percentages depending on where you sit.
Surely all tickets in a specific category should be levelled up at the same rate?
The OAP tickets get hit because it's generally thought of that they have more disposable income, and has less impact. Same for the kids as they know parents are paying for them anyway

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 352 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

GetIntoEm wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am
The OAP tickets get hit because it's generally thought of that they have more disposable income, and has less impact. Same for the kids as they know parents are paying for them anyway
Not all OAPs have lots of disposable income.

GetIntoEm

Post by GetIntoEm » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

Conroysleftfoot wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am
I never said they did

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

Conroysleftfoot wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am
In such case, they probably aren't going to get a season ticket are they?

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1076 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

Just think that it doesn't matter how much your season ticket has gone up for next season it'll be worth every single penny when we don't have to put up with friggin VAR

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

GetIntoEm wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am
You've missed my point entirely, which was: how can it be justified to increase OAP tickets by significantly different percentages depending on where you sit? It seems to me to be discriminatory.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1637 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Have decided to cancel my season ticket for next season.
1) I attended 1 match last season
2) Have not been to a game this season
3) love Burnley football club immensely
4) 80 in October and live in Lincoln
5) No transport and trains are hopeless for getting home
6) Can afford the cost of a season ticket and still can
7) if mine had gone up by a smaller percentage than over 30%
8) I would HVe renewed
9) can see that it will go up again the season after until they are the same price as Adult
10) Their loyalty has ceased so mine to the Yanks has also ceased
This user liked this post: theonlywayisup

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2977 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

I'd like to bet that the next stage will be to increase the age for
entitlement to senior citizen charges. Surprised they haven't done
it this time around to be honest. Must admit, I was half expecting it.

Watch this space.

GetIntoEm

Post by GetIntoEm » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am
You've missed my point entirely, which was: how can it be justified to increase OAP tickets by significantly different percentages depending on where you sit? It seems to me to be discriminatory.
How can adults and children be charged differently based on where they sit?

It's an optional item, nobody is forcing anyone to pay anything. I fail to see how it's discriminatory.

There's a bloke at work who's 68, he pays half the price I do. Yet earns more money than me. How is that fair?

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am
How can adults and children be charged differently based on where they sit?

It's an optional item, nobody is forcing anyone to pay anything. I fail to see how it's discriminatory.

There's a bloke at work who's 68, he pays half the price I do. Yet earns more money than me. How is that fair?
Again, you have missed my point.
Of course you can expect to pay different prices depending on where you sit. That's just the norm if you go to an event whether it be a sporting event, a concert or whatever. Some areas have better seats, views, and facilities.
But normally if prices go up, they go up in a specific category (e.g. Seniors), by the same percentage in all areas. That's the fair way to do it.
Since you obviously disagree with me, would please explain to us why you think it is justifiable to increase OAP prices by just over 8% in one area, and over 38% in another which is located quite nearby, and moreover, where you get drenched in the rain?
Then other Senior tickets are up by 26%. That's what I am questioning.
It's absolutely nothing to do with what you earn, though punishing Seniors who in some cases have been supporters for 60 years plus, and are often on lower incomes is also an issue.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

DAVETHEVICAR wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am
Have decided to cancel my season ticket for next season.
1) I attended 1 match last season
2) Have not been to a game this season
3) love Burnley football club immensely
4) 80 in October and live in Lincoln
5) No transport and trains are hopeless for getting home
6) Can afford the cost of a season ticket and still can
7) if mine had gone up by a smaller percentage than over 30%
8) I would HVe renewed
9) can see that it will go up again the season after until they are the same price as Adult
10) Their loyalty has ceased so mine to the Yanks has also ceased
That’s sad to read Dave. It’s a shame there isn’t someone local that drives to home games that has a spare seat. I wish I could help, I really do. I’ll keep everything crossed that something turns up. It’s a real shame that you’re being denied one of your pleasures. It sounds like your local transport system is similar to a lot of areas in this country, it’s just deplorable.
These 4 users liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR Poulton-le-Claret theonlywayisup mybloodisclaret

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1637 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Lovely kind words beddie- a very thoughtful post
Can still pay say £50 for a seat in a different stand for the odd game when my daughter is going over in the car to Lancashire and I can stay in Premier inn as I did on my last visit last season
These 2 users liked this post: Poulton-le-Claret mybloodisclaret

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

From a personal point of view the price increases are negligible, however this still leaves a bad taste. Since the club was bought by ALK the strategy is pretty clear; charge more for 'premium' seats, increase the corporate offering, and edge out the concessions - who after all are getting the same product at a discounted rate. It's basic economics - how can they make as much money as possible from the 22,000ish attendees, from a business point of view it makes absolute sense. But this creates more of a disconnect with the fans, and to what end? A very small percentage of increased revenue which doesn't sit well when you consider that all of our match-going supporters could be financially better off for the wages of one of our completely unnecessary speculative player purchases last summer.

It's yet another PR own goal and does nothing to dispel the 'money-grabbing' tag that some have attributed to the owners. They had a chance to put community before a very negligible increase to the bottom line but have chosen not to. These price increases are no doubt part of a bigger plan, and if they don't have an incremental rise this season then it makes every subsequent price rise (and don't for one minute think that this won't be the case) more difficult to sell.

Far too early to tell whether this was a good financial decision by the club, but even if it proves to be, it fails to consider the bigger picture. At a time of financial hardship for many, and towards the end of a truly diabolical season where we've paid to watch players earning staggering sums of money, many of whom weren't needed, and many of whom haven't even featured, this seems like poor judgement.
These 6 users liked this post: boyyanno fidelcastro ClaretTony forzagranata jetblackcat mybloodisclaret

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Surely the extra income from any increase is an absolute drop in the ocean as a percentage of total turnover, far less than 1%.

We get why prices go up but from a PR perspective it’s just an unnecessary thing to do isn’t it?
This user liked this post: Downhamclaret

bigdavethemaddog
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 pm

wonder how many season tickets will be available for people on waiting list?

Downhamclaret
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Downhamclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Never been a big fan for paying for a early bird season ticket. Could understand it when we where in the 3rd and 4th divisions.and needed the funs in to buy players or to keep the club going 🤔

Smidge
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Smidge » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Seat swap is one day only that should be fun
I have two seats in north stand upper but would like to consider bob lord for health reasons ( stairs getting a problem)
Not sure that Monday will be convenient for me
I expected increases but I do find some of the increases strange to say the least
I was expecting the over 65 category to increase but not so much was also thinking that the age may have been changed in line with retirement age
After 65 years I will go as long as I can although after this season I must admit I haven't enjoyed too many games and I considered not renewing at one point

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Agreed, Downhamclaret, best to opt for buying when they're more expensive.
This user liked this post: AlbertFish

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8538 times
Has Liked: 18284 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

Downhamclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm
Never been a big fan for paying for a early bird season ticket. Could understand it when we where in the 3rd and 4th divisions.and needed the funs in to buy players or to keep the club going 🤔
🤣

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Only on here could the same thread have posters unhappy with prices going up as well as being unhappy that there is a window where you can buy at a cheaper price.

morninbob
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by morninbob » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

I bet the total revenues raised is far less than the wages we are paying to all the players out on loan who won't play for us again.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 pm

According to this site, we had 9 home games live on the telly last time in the championship.

I think more championship games are shown now as well.

A risky strategy to raise prices when your product is available elsewhere.

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 193 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

👍tempo utc

J_Grimshaw
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by J_Grimshaw » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Early bird + concession, got mine. A bargain 🕷️

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am
Why is it a stupid comment? It's not your council tax bill, it's a luxury item that's an optional purchase. If you're not happy with the price, don't pay it. It's as simple as that.

It's cost Vs benefit

I pay for 2 adults and 2 kids, the extra cost hurts but it's still worth it for me as it's a family activity we enjoy doing together.

I think people expecting no increase this year were incredibly naive, it probably would have been more if we were safe.

It's still good value for money in my eyes at the new prices.
It’s a stupid comment because you are criticising people for moaning when you do not know their circumstances. It’s fine for you to have a different opinion and not care about the price increase. It’s even fine for you to try and justify it in some way. But to say people are moaning at the increase is as stupid as people saying you are throwing a party celebrating it.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

Wow. Now people are moaning about people not moaning about the price increase.

Shaun1983
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Shaun1983 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:38 pm
No not haven’t had chance yet
Think either myself or my brother (his dad) will go down to ticket office rather than try get through on phone or send an email
I rang the ticket office today and they sorted it straight away, no problems at all

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm

I'm still really angry about this to be honest.

Some established PL clubs with big fan bases can do things like this and get away with it (even though it's shameful), but it's suicide for a club like us in the long run.

I remember going on under Cotterill on Tuesday nights wondering when and if we had dropped below 10k, before that even lower- even competing in the PL under Dyche we didn't sell out every game.

Alan Pace and ALK should hang their head in shame for this, and even though I've given him credit recently where is JJ Watt? This doesn't feel like it fits in with any of the propaganda the club come out with, it looks like exactly what it is which is a narrow minded short term cash grab.

I think this might wake a few people up to what is going on with this takeover. These guys only care about 1 thing and it's the money, they've blatantly screwed over our over 65 fans and U22 fans- they don't care- why would they care if they screw the club over too?

They're going to squeeze every penny, they're then going to try and throw as much money of that (and the clubs money that they still owe) at it, without any regard for our future/security and leave us in the ****. No doubt about it in my mind. Call me cynical I don't care. The way we voted around the ownership rules infuriated me but this is just another indication of what these guys actually want and who they are. "One for all" they say, meanwhile my ticket has gone up by 8 percent and the guys next to me has gone up by 42 percent.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony simonclaret

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

I think the club might just have holed beneath the waterline with this one, to coin a phrase.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

Can someone explain the early bird situation please.
Ive seen a few people mention it and it may well have been covered into this long thread but cant see it.
Is there a early bird.?
My email has no reference to it.
I may well want to get 1 more st for next year which will no doubt mean us moving seats.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

It's been obvious from day 1 that ALK were only here to make as much money as possible.
A few on here claimed they would make the money by having a better social media presence and the bigger sponsors they bring in.

There are no signs of that working yet, but plenty of the owners putting prices up faster than a London pub and fleecing every penny they can out of the working class supporter.

Coeus
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Coeus » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Been to Waggoners a few times, lots of pensioners. Been to cafe in Towneley and garden centre, plenty of pensioners. Went to Mechanics for show last week, again lots of pensioners as was the bistro prior was to the show.
Stop bleating on about the the over 65. CT and other OAP’s go to virtually every away match involving far greater expense. Travel, beer, meal, ticket will cost thick end of £100 a game? Go to 3 less away games and it pays for the ST? In short it’s not compulsory just vote with your feet or stop bleating, get a ticket and support the team to ensure it is, and always will be, OUR club despite whose currently in charge of the accounts. In todays economic climate it’s still very good value imo. UTC.
Last edited by Coeus on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrkthePurists
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by IrkthePurists » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:11 pm
Your mates will pay more to watch star players on huge wages.
I don't think many would complain about price rises if we got to watch Kevin De Bruyne or Salah.
Fortunately I support Burnley not KDB or Salah.

Vim Fuego
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Vim Fuego » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 pm
I'm still really angry about this to be honest.

Some established PL clubs with big fan bases can do things like this and get away with it (even though it's shameful), but it's suicide for a club like us in the long run.

I remember going on under Cotterill on Tuesday nights wondering when and if we had dropped below 10k, before that even lower- even competing in the PL under Dyche we didn't sell out every game.

Alan Pace and ALK should hang their head in shame for this, and even though I've given him credit recently where is JJ Watt? This doesn't feel like it fits in with any of the propaganda the club come out with, it looks like exactly what it is which is a narrow minded short term cash grab.

I think this might wake a few people up to what is going on with this takeover. These guys only care about 1 thing and it's the money, they've blatantly screwed over our over 65 fans and U22 fans- they don't care- why would they care if they screw the club over too?

They're going to squeeze every penny, they're then going to try and throw as much money of that (and the clubs money that they still owe) at it, without any regard for our future/security and leave us in the ****. No doubt about it in my mind. Call me cynical I don't care. The way we voted around the ownership rules infuriated me but this is just another indication of what these guys actually want and who they are. "One for all" they say, meanwhile my ticket has gone up by 8 percent and the guys next to me has gone up by 42 percent.
Spot on, sadly. Worrying times.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

As is already known the rises in Season Ticket costs and the squeeze on concession prices is widespread

Why Premier League clubs want to kill off season tickets - is yours at risk?
As the Premier League modernises, a depth of feeling festers that those who have contributed to our country’s spectacle are being eased aside

https://archive.ph/5AbQF

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

Screwing over the pensioners and kids before the regulator starts poking around into season tickets?

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

forzagranata wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:07 pm
American owners......

There are no reduced prices for pensioners at all in American sports. As a result, you don't see many over-65's at games in the USA.

The only time I have seen anything close to a reduced rate is for armed forces veterans.

So ALK would find this a strange practice.
All the over 65s in USA are presidents.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

Coeus wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm
Been to Waggoners a few times, lots of pensioners. Been to cafe in Towneley and garden centre, plenty of pensioners. Went to Mechanics for show last week, again lots of pensioners as was the bistro prior was to the show.
Stop bleating on about the the over 65. CT and other OAP’s go to virtually every away match involving far greater expense. Travel, beer, meal, ticket will cost thick end of £100 a game? Go to 3 less away games and it pays for the ST? In short it’s not compulsory just vote with your feet or stop bleating, get a ticket and support the team to ensure it is, and always will be, OUR club despite whose currently in charge of the accounts. In todays economic climate it’s still very good value imo. UTC.
Is voicing displeasure at something bleating? Should everyone agree about ticket prices, or just not air their views?

As for voting with their feet, that’s kind of what the price hikes are intended to do. Encourage those who pay concession prices to stop attending in order to free up their seat for a full-price customer.
These 4 users liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR Bosscat ksrclaret Conroysleftfoot

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm

Forcing out the concessions might have stood a small chance of working (financially) had we stopped up and played some decent stuff.

As it happens, we've watched some absolute dross pull on the shirt and we've played like amateur school boys. There'll be a scarcity of folk waiting to take over a concession's seat and it'll likely just gather splinters. Shame on those bottom feeders that run the club these days.

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Or there will be a lot of people prepared to pay the 9th lowest ST price in the Championship to gamble on this team playing some decent football at the top end of the Championship. And if we are, the walk-on's will take the spares.

IAmAClaret
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by IAmAClaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

The problem with season tickets, is that they don't actually bring that much in, whilst putting a strain on 10,000 supporters.

They bring in less than £5m. That £5m that gets quickly spent in a 30 minute discussion about a transfer, and it's not really needed anymore, it's just greed.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm
Or there will be a lot of people prepared to pay the 9th lowest ST price in the Championship to gamble on this team playing some decent football at the top end of the Championship. And if we are, the walk-on's will take the spares.
Well yes, that’s what the owners are hoping will happen. That doesn’t make it the right thing to do in an ethical sense does it?

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm
"gamble"... "if"...

You've nailed it with those words.

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

I don't support Man City. Every season is "gamble" and "if". That's why I go.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret