Interesting from Vydra

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Re: Interesting from Vydra

Post by tim_noone » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:58 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:Specifically they were the games that he played in last season.
Very limited game time....

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:He has become the Messiah. Posters on here whooping each other into a frenzy about this 30 goal a season striker we have.
Almost as bad as those who still soil their pants at the thought of Defour being the best player they have ever seen :lol:

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 am

Do people honestly think there is a conspiracy going on and SD wont play someone who is going to score 30 goals a season?

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:14 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:Specifically they were the games that he played in last season.
So in all 13 games he appeared in last season, including his couple of minute cameo roles, he didn't chase back or apply pressure? In every game?

Righto then.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:30 pm

I don't think you can say he has been badly treated. For each game the manager picks the team he thinks is most likely to get a result and obviously he doesn't think Vydra will enhance our chances. It's unfortunate for him, but it's the way it has to be in football.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:36 pm

You guys are right we do need a squad and we need a 4th striker but my issue with the current situation is that Vydra seems last resort rather than 4th choice.

Why are we putting 3 defenders on the bench and only one striker when the majority of substitutions made are attacking ones. Against Arsenal we were one down in the last 10 mins and the only options on the bench were 3 defenders and Hendrick.

If Dyche rated and used Vydra as a proper 4th choice to have on the subs bench to either throw on to chase a game or to have as some variation then Id be happy but as it stands we really have 3 strikers Dyche is comfortable with and one who offers practically nothing (even as a squad player)

Edit: That last sentence is not a criticism of either Dyche or Vydra but just a reflection on the practicality of the situation as I see it

edlass
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by edlass » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:51 pm

I think with Vydra it's the not knowing. I was excited when we signed him so for him to hardly feature and for no obvious reason just left me with a feeling I wasn't used to. I was excited about Defour and I know why he doesnt play. I was excited about Wood and Brady and now I know all about them but Vydra just seems a mystery. I just want to say "Hey, I promise I won't tell anyone but why doesn't Vydra play? Is he crap? is he lazy? Did you expect him to be better? Did you buy him for a position that doesn't exist on our team now?"
These 6 users liked this post: Goddy 4:20 summitclaret AfloatinClaret Falcon Stan Tastic

Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by Goddy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 pm

edlass wrote:I think with Vydra it's the not knowing. I was excited when we signed him so for him to hardly feature and for no obvious reason just left me with a feeling I wasn't used to. I was excited about Defour and I know why he doesnt play. I was excited about Wood and Brady and now I know all about them but Vydra just seems a mystery. I just want to say "Hey, I promise I won't tell anyone but why doesn't Vydra play? Is he crap? is he lazy? Did you expect him to be better? Did you buy him for a position that doesn't exist on our team now?"
One of the best and most thought-provoking posts that's been on here. I wonder if Vydra himself has similar questions about why he's barely been played
These 2 users liked this post: 4:20 edlass

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3060 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:26 pm

Goddy wrote:One of the best and most thought-provoking posts that's been on here. I wonder if Vydra himself has similar questions about why he's barely been played
I think its safe to say Vydra does

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:33 pm

edlass wrote:I think with Vydra it's the not knowing. I was excited when we signed him so for him to hardly feature and for no obvious reason just left me with a feeling I wasn't used to. I was excited about Defour and I know why he doesnt play. I was excited about Wood and Brady and now I know all about them but Vydra just seems a mystery. I just want to say "Hey, I promise I won't tell anyone but why doesn't Vydra play? Is he crap? is he lazy? Did you expect him to be better? Did you buy him for a position that doesn't exist on our team now?"
It’s pretty clear that he was a late punt to fill a squad gap. A backup player.

He’s 27 and never done anything at the top level. Udinese didn’t think he could play in Serie A. Watford didn’t think he could play in the Prem. Now Sean Dyche doesn’t.

I don’t think there’s a great mystery really.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:You guys are right we do need a squad and we need a 4th striker but my issue with the current situation is that Vydra seems last resort rather than 4th choice.

Why are we putting 3 defenders on the bench and only one striker when the majority of substitutions made are attacking ones. Against Arsenal we were one down in the last 10 mins and the only options on the bench were 3 defenders and Hendrick.

If Dyche rated and used Vydra as a proper 4th choice to have on the subs bench to either throw on to chase a game or to have as some variation then Id be happy but as it stands we really have 3 strikers Dyche is comfortable with and one who offers practically nothing (even as a squad player)

Edit: That last sentence is not a criticism of either Dyche or Vydra but just a reflection on the practicality of the situation as I see it
Hi DA, we put 3 defenders on the bench, because it's better for the team to have like for like replacements in the event of injury than being in a situation of, not only replacing an injured player, but also shuffling the back four to accommodate the sub who wasn't a direct like-for-like replacement... Well, that's my thoughts on players on the bench.

Then, out of the 3 remaining subs positions, we pick our best mid-field and forwards from the squad. I've no problem that Vydra doesn't make the bench ahead of Lennon, Hendrick and Jay Rod.

And, places will become more competitive as soon as Danny Drinkwater is match fit, similarly Robbie Brady. That's how we want it, that's how we expect it.

Then we've got to think of the situation when we have one or two new injuries and, maybe, a player out through suspension...

Let's just hope our 4th choice striker is working hard and building his game so that he's ready if/when we need him.

UTC

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:57 pm

We really don't need 2 full backs and a cb on the bench. Vydra must be a very naughty boy.

Burnleyareback2

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 pm

Braindead wrote:So in all 13 games he appeared in last season, including his couple of minute cameo roles, he didn't chase back or apply pressure? In every game?

Righto then.
Did I say that about your hero?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:52 pm

summitclaret wrote:We really don't need 2 full backs and a cb on the bench. Vydra must be a very naughty boy.
Well he's clearly not the messiah. :)

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:15 am

Matěj Vydra remains in England. Burnley declined offers from the Islands, Russia and Turkey

It was busy around him. During the spring, Matěj Vydra in Burnley jersey played only 13 matches and was expected what will happen to him in the summer. Now the question is solved in the near future. The 27-year-old striker will stay in Burnley until the winter transfer period . Despite the fact that the club registered several interesting offers from abroad. “That management has not let me go, I do not address. Nothing changes for me, I have to continue working hard to convince the coach that I belong to the lineup, ” says Vydra.

He came to the club like a bomber. In the Derby County cadre, Matěj Vydra was the best scorer of the Championship last season . That's why he earned a three-year contract. But the comeback to the Premier League has not yet come out to his liking. He played thirteen games last season, playing just 319 minutes with one goal scored.

That is why during the summer it was solved what will happen to the native of Chotěboř . Four English clubs with interesting offers for Burnley , Besiktas Istanbul with Basaksehir and fresh Russian Dynamo Moscow. However, neither met with success.

“We must respect the club's decision not to release Matěj in any of the cases. He has a valid contract at the club, so the decision is always up to him. Matěj's main dream was to play the Premier League . That's why he came to Burnley . I believe he gets a chance, bites and shows the coach that he belongs to the lineup. Now it's up to him. I think he has his head set so that he is still fighting for a place, ” says manager Ondrej Chovanec, who represents the players.

“Nothing changes for me. I will continue to work to convince the coach that I belong to the lineup. He talks with me, encourages me in practice and I will do everything I can to play the Premier League . I am positive, I add and continue to believe after training, ”Vydra said about his situation.

Burnley has played two league games this season . At home with Sout hampton won 3: 0 and Arsenal fell 1: 2. Now he is on his way to Wolverhampton Stadium this weekend .

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:35 am

agreenwood wrote:It’s pretty clear that he was a late punt to fill a squad gap. A backup player.

He’s 27 and never done anything at the top level. Udinese didn’t think he could play in Serie A. Watford didn’t think he could play in the Prem. Now Sean Dyche doesn’t.

I don’t think there’s a great mystery really.
Exactly this.
Usually on the bench for his international team who have had their worst few years in decades.
Never held down a place or scored in the top divisions.
In his brief appearances for Burnley struggled more than he has done well.
I know the Barnsley cup game was just one game but he had a chance to show himself against league one defenders and their centre back hardly gave Vydra a kick.
Hope he comes good but just don’t see it.
Do think he could be on the bench though as there were a couple of games at the end of last season where he had decent cameos - but it’s Dyche who is seeing him every day in training and deciding.

Burnleyareback2

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:05 pm

Braindead wrote:So in all 13 games he appeared in last season, including his couple of minute cameo roles, he didn't chase back or apply pressure? In every game?

Righto then.
No further questions....

Braindead

Post by Braindead » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:08 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:No further questions....
Did you miss his assist?

Asking for a friend.

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Post by Falcon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:19 am

One good assist then disappeared for the rest of the game. Looked knackered 60 minutes into the match. This was his chance to put himself back into the thoughts of Mr Dyche and of the fans, and he's missed the opportunity big time.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Burnleyareback2

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 am

Braindead wrote:Did you miss his assist?

Asking for a friend.
Spotted him hit the post with an open goal

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:34 am

Answer - dont do a lot of shopping in the championship = Vyrda / jayrod and sometimes Wood

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4160 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:35 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:Answer - dont do a lot of shopping in the championship = Vyrda / jayrod and sometimes Wood

Heaton & Pope & Tarkwoski & Taylor & Barnes as well ?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:39 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Heaton & Pope & Tarkwoski & Taylor & Barnes as well ?
And Wood & JBG.

Braindead

Post by Braindead » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:Spotted him hit the post with an open goal
Of course you did.

Well done sport.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:47 am

Spijed wrote:And Wood & JBG.
Westwood and Hendrick too.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:48 am

But apart from all those, what have the Romans ever done for us?

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:Heaton & Pope & Tarkwoski & Taylor & Barnes as well ?
I think you will find we were a championship club also - but nice try :lol:

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4160 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:58 am

BOYSIE31 wrote:I think you will find we were a championship club also - but nice try :lol:

:D clown

Braindead

Post by Braindead » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:58 am

Tall Paul wrote:Westwood and Hendrick too.
Arfield, Andre Gray.

It's almost like someone's woke Boysie up saying 'Quick, Burnley have been beaten at home, by a League 1 club!!! This is the chance you've been waiting for after our pesky steady and impressive start to the Premier league season'
This user liked this post: Falcon

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:54 pm

So, Joe Hart has got a thread, Danny Drinkwater has got a thread, I was looking for Matej Vydra's thread.

How did Vydra do last night? Did he stake a claim to be in the starting XI? or a cert for the bench?

Or, are we starting to see that Sean Dyche knows why he's picking the team he picks - and why Matej (and others) aren't starting?

I'd love it if we had 20 players, plus 2 goalies, who were all capable of holding down a starting place in the Premier League.

I wasn't on last night and I was on the way home from work when the score went from 1-0 to 1-3.

Oh, and another one: How did Ben Gibson do? and, I guess, is there a thread that I've missed on Ben's readiness for the starting XI?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:01 am

Been excluded from the international squad.

Tbf there has been a call to look at younger options in the wide forward roles so it not entirely unexpected from the Czech manager, but still, a firing and regularly playing Vydra gets in the squad. Id like to see Slavia make a move for him, frankly

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Oh, and another one: How did Ben Gibson do? and, I guess, is there a thread that I've missed on Ben's readiness for the starting XI?
Ben was handed the captaincy for the night, but he looked shaky at the back. Seemed to not have that sharpness and alertness which I suppose is what you would expect given his lack of recent starting appearances.