Covid-19

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Re: Covid-19

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:31 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:15 pm
If you and the other poster, or anyone else that continues to continually state there "facts" about Trump would like to trot out there reasons why they should be listened to as "experts" then I am all ears. Let me know how long you've lived in the USA, which states, how many Americans you talk to yearly monthly weekly daily, plus do they have credentials, what are they?

I am not talking about journalists or news outlets, quoting from other people.

Just think about this, I see what Ringo, has to say about you, should I take it as gospel and start a thread about you, or would I be ignorant to that?

Finally no of course people who don't support Trump are not ignorant, nor are the Corbyn supporters, nor are BJ's supporters. But people who just make band statements like Americans are fat, they are loud, Trump is stupid, they are ignorant, you can add LBGT, and many other things to the list, all I have to say is don't show your ignorance about things you really have zero knowledge about, try asking questions first and try to learn.
From you? I don't want to learn anything from someone who supports putting children in cages.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:15 pm
If you and the other poster, or anyone else that continues to continually state there "facts" about Trump would like to trot out there reasons why they should be listened to as "experts" then I am all ears. Let me know how long you've lived in the USA, which states, how many Americans you talk to yearly monthly weekly daily, plus do they have credentials, what are they?

I am not talking about journalists or news outlets, quoting from other people.

Just think about this, I see what Ringo, has to say about you, should I take it as gospel and start a thread about you, or would I be ignorant to that?

Finally no of course people who don't support Trump are not ignorant, nor are the Corbyn supporters, nor are BJ's supporters. But people who just make band statements like Americans are fat, they are loud, Trump is stupid, they are ignorant, you can add LBGT, and many other things to the list, all I have to say is don't show your ignorance about things you really have zero knowledge about, try asking questions first and try to learn.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR Bullabill

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm

I found this article interesting and will/maybe play a part in to our recovery, regardless of where you live.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... l-covid-19

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:31 pm
From you? I don't want to learn anything from someone who supports putting children in cages.
thank you for quickly confirming your ignorance, you don't need to learn from anyone you've managed to prove time and time again you know everything about everything. Am sure Andrew has taught you very well while you were residing in the clique
Last edited by KateR on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Fascinating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxAaO2r ... ture=share

Bit of a geek fest, but it’s informative

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:43 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 pm
thank you for quickly confirming your ignorance, you don't need to learn from everything you've managed to prove time and time again you know everything about everything. Am sure Andrew has taught you very well while you were residing in the clique
2/10

Should read...

Thank you for quickly confirming your ignorance, *you don't need to learn from everything you've managed to prove time and time again you know everything about everything. I am sure Andrew has taught you very well while you were residing in the clique.

*incoherent

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 pm

also an English Major, there is no end to your expert talents is there :)

once you start resorting to grammer and spelling you've completely lost, but you knew that all along, plus remember for future reference, Capitals are far more important than spelling or grammer.
Last edited by KateR on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm

I'm sorry KateR, I've had to put you on my ignore list. It's very hard to take anyone seriously if *their English is below the level of a five-year-old.
I suggest you head back to school and finish (or even start) your education before you embarrass yourself further by calling people ignorant who at least have a vague grasp of simple English.

*correct usage
This user liked this post: KateR

Enty1974
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Enty1974 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Another 1k dead in italy

Supposedly the influx of workers from wuhan in the fashion industry were more worried about pay than the virus which is why its got so bad there

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm
I'm sorry KateR, I've had to put you on my ignore list. It's very hard to take anyone seriously if *their English is below the level of a five-year-old.
I suggest you head back to school and finish (or even start) your education before you embarrass yourself further by calling people ignorant who at least have a vague grasp of simple English.

*correct usage
please go ahead, I would welcome it. :lol: the vast majority of people can read full paragraphs with a high percentage of numbers in it let alone misspelt words, however you as an English Major fail to grasp what is called communication, I wonder why that is ;)

Additionally I have told you and others many times before I am the chairperson of the DNA club, so am well respected in this field, but a little old man on a football forum, fails in an argument resorts to, bad spelling/grammer, and when loses in that discussion, then resorts to, ohh I'm going to ignore you. Love how you show the world how ignorant you are so quickly.

Pretty poor insults to be honest, not up to your usual standard at all, 1 out of 10, can do much better.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Having a bit of a mare here Kate.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 pm
Having a bit of a mare here Kate.
Nah - a couple of typos which led to her being accused of having English language skills below a five year old.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm

taio wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 pm
Nah - a couple of typos which led to her being accused of having English language skills below a five year old.
I’m not bothered about spelling or grammar.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Bullabill » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 pm

Not sure typos is correct. It's a fact that despite Kate's claims regarding her employment, chairmanship of DNA club (whatever that is) etc., many of her posts are difficult to read due to lack of punctuation. The their/there/they're comment is apt and shows that typos is not the problem - she just doesn't seem to get it.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:32 pm

Bullabill wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 pm
Not sure typos is correct. It's a fact that despite Kate's claims regarding her employment, chairmanship of DNA club (whatever that is) etc., many of her posts are difficult to read due to lack of punctuation. The their/there/they're comment is apt and shows that typos is not the problem - she just doesn't seem to get it.
you're (is that right? if spelt different would you not have the brain capacity to understand?) quite wrong, I just don't care, it's irrelevant to me if I make a spelling mistake or miss a comma here and there. I can read every single thread on this board for years and years, spelling or grammatically wrong, I simply don't care and those who try to relate to it are pathetic to IMO of course. The reason, because they try to score points, usually it's in response to something I will have posted about a subject and provided my opinion, of course being a women and telling all these knowledgeable men also grates on some. You Sir, have stalked me on a few other threads and tried to make jokes regarding my spelling, which I had previously ignored, I have noted your hurt feelings so please don't bother having more go's at me for that. Try to either join the debate on the actual subject or move on because it is really trivial and shows the level of intelligence you are (see what I did for your sensibility, I'd hate to upset you further) working at to be honest.

Regarding my chairperson of DNA, it's simple, it's the National Dyslexic Association, it was a joke. I had the problem at school and through college, I've managed to have a family, worked in numerous positions all over the world (except S America). I retired early and quickly became a consultant to a few Fortune 500 companies, I have been in conference calls everyday for over three weeks on a fairly regular basis regarding this horrid virus and the oil price, plus the economy and recovery planning. I have had conference calls all day today, over 8 hours worth and many involving people at senior government levels, but not the UK I hasten to say and yet some prat wants to pick me up on a comma or how you should spell they're. :x

If you get the impression this petty stuff and point scoring annoys me, you're (is that right! getting the hang of this now), I have shared some links, graphs, etc. which are being used by governments today (note the plural!) and for the near future as roadmaps but not a single comment on that, no! Ohh no, it's much more important I add a full stop somewhere because morons are incapable of working these simplest of things out, not like I'm talking/writing Swahili, which I often feel I must be at times on here, a serious subject, is it? So you can also take the cowards way out and press that foe button or just simply ignore!!

Taio, appreciate your input, thank you

rant over for now. :lol:

Have a great weekend and stay safe

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 am

People are dying without relatives being able to hold their hand as they slip away whilst others are arguing about grammar.

Can we get some perspective and stop trying to get one up on an internet stranger, they might be dead in the next 6 months anyway
These 7 users liked this post: Zlatan Bfcboyo yosserhughes evensteadiereddie tiger76 KateR Damo

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:10 am

Good call Inchy. Thanks for your posts and work. Actually more informative just reading through your posts rather than the thread, gives a more human aspect to it away from all the stats and squabbles.

Just for a glimmer of light, Wuhan reopened its subway today and hopefully its shopping malls next week. Bound to be more flare ups but gives us a bit of hope that things get better.. although obviously the next two or three weeks are going to get worse here.

Good luck.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:13 am

Inchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 am
People are dying without relatives being able to hold their hand as they slip away whilst others are arguing about grammar.

Can we get some perspective and stop trying to get one up on an internet stranger, they might be dead in the next 6 months anyway
I don't know which hospital you work at, or in what role, but best wishes to you in these difficult times.
How many people have died at your hospital of this virus, in a town of what size?.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:20 am

KateR wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 pm
I found this article interesting and will/maybe play a part in to our recovery, regardless of where you live.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2020 ... l-covid-19
The potential problem with that, is the nicer the weather you get, the more d1ckheads you get out in the park, spreading it.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:20 am
The potential problem with that, is the nicer the weather you get, the more d1ckheads you get out in the park, spreading it.
Spot on . We know it passes to dogs and dog walkers struggle to stop the animals greeting each other even at 3 meters apart on paths therefore potentially spreading the virus.

What do you think , mass cull of dogs to help fight this pandemic?

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:14 am

Grumps wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:13 am
I don't know which hospital you work at, or in what role, but best wishes to you in these difficult times.
How many people have died at your hospital of this virus, in a town of what size?.

I work in Leeds

As of the 24th 5 have died according to the Yorkshire post. I’m confident it’s probably a little more than 5 now although I don’t know exact numbers. Several more are on ICU and if you need to be tubed the outlook isn’t great. Things are ramping up but remain manageable for now.

I work in critical care

PPE is our main concern. Some Consultants in ICU are expecting to get very sick from the virus. They will be intubating a lot of covid patients. Patients with covid are more likely to have a large viral load when they are most unwell. Procedures like intubation will create airborne and droplets. The little research out there suggests the larger the viral load you are infected with the greater the chance of severe illness. All of us in critical are at risk. Many of the staff are already ‘at risk’ due to age or chronic illnesses like diabetes. I’m lucky I am young and have been training for a ultra marathon, however young and fit people are being admitted to ICU. I have to tell myself I am only seeing the sickest and not the many many more coping with the virus at home. I have to try and not think about the disproportionately high healthcare worker deaths. My mind set can flip between “il be alright I am young and fit” to “I’m probably going to end up as a patient on ICU” and everything in between. It’s a strange place to be inside the head of an ICU nurse at present

Our PPE is set by NHS England standards which falls short of The WHO and HSE standards. The WHO and HSE are not financially or political motivated, NHS England is.

It appears that policy for PPE changes rapidly. Apparently it’s a coincidence and policy changes are not linked to supply issues. We run out of something, the policy now says you don’t need that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ng-to-cost

This Lancet article touches on the PPE issues

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 3/fulltext

https://www.bma.org.uk/news/media-centr ... s-will-die
Last edited by Inchy on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: AndrewJB Bordeauxclaret KateR

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:33 am

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:40 am

Good luck Inchy. The impact of this on your mental health, as well as physical health must be immense.

Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by Goddy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:50 am

paulatky wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:33 am
An interesting read

https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a319156 ... -timeline/
An interesting read but, please, everyone, let's have a bit of critical thinking applied. Any article with a title which claims 'how the world WILL change' needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. It is A point of view not an inevitability.

To Inchy and all those giving (sadly, in some cases, literally) everything in the NHS, I can only salute you, thank you wholeheartedly and wish you and yours all well. I really don't know how you can do what you do - I'm immensely appreciative and humbled that you do.
Last edited by Goddy on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:52 am

I am sure people will claim this is fake news and there is not really a way to check it. I hope to god it is not true and it does no happen here.
Saying they are taking respirators off people aged over 65 , sedating them and letting them die so they can treat people who are more likely to recover.
I hope never to see a post from Inchy that we have had to do that.

Let’s stay at home and be safe.

https://www.facebook.com/576589001/post ... 659679002/

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:55 am

Inchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:14 am
I work in Leeds

As of the 24th 5 have died according to the Yorkshire post. I’m confident it’s probably a little more than 5 now although I don’t know exact numbers. Several more are on ICU and if you need to be tubed the outlook isn’t great. Things are ramping up but remain manageable for now.

I work in critical care

PPE is our main concern. Some Consultants in ICU are expecting to get very sick from the virus. They will be intubating a lot of covid patients. Patients with covid are more likely to have a large viral load when they are most unwell. Procedures like intubation will create airborne and droplets. The little research out there suggests the larger the viral load you are infected with the greater the chance of severe illness. All of us in critical are at risk. Many of the staff are already ‘at risk’ due to age or chronic illnesses like diabetes. I’m lucky I am young and have been training for a ultra marathon, however young and fit people are being admitted to ICU. I have to tell myself I am only seeing the sickest and not the many many more coping with the virus at home. I have to try and not think about the disproportionately high healthcare worker deaths. My mind set can flip between “il be alright I am young and fit” to “I’m probably going to end up as a patient on ICU” and everything in between. It’s a strange place to be inside the head of an ICU nurse at present

Our PPE is set by NHS England standards which falls short of The WHO and HSE standards. The WHO and HSE are not financially or political motivated, NHS England is.

It appears that policy for PPE changes rapidly. Apparently it’s a coincidence and policy changes are not linked to supply issues. We run out of something, the policy now says you don’t need that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ng-to-cost

This Lancet article touches on the PPE issues

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 3/fulltext

https://www.bma.org.uk/news/media-centr ... s-will-die
Thanks inchy, my thoughts are with you. My family work at what I guess is a slightly smaller hospital than yours, and figures are a little less, which it probably should be, but like you they worry about their health and that of the family's, but I have heard them complain too much about equipment, looks like each hospital differs.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:52 am
I am sure people will claim this is fake news and there is not really a way to check it. I hope to god it is not true and it does no happen here.
Saying they are taking respirators off people aged over 65 , sedating them and letting them die so they can treat people who are more likely to recover.

A little digging brings up this Tweet

https://twitter.com/AlejoMiranda/status ... 3343390721

Translate it and

"It is not true that respirators are missing from the
@ComunidadMadrid
. We have supplied and will continue to do so every day of the week. This week we will have increased by 29.8% the number of respirators in Madrid.
And more will come.

We fight to save the life of ALL patients."
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:

There has been some anecdotal evidence that this is/was happening in Italy.

Without context it isn’t really useful. I imagine If someone is over 65 and is extremely unwell with ARDS then their chance of survival is pretty slim. Putting them on a ventilator might not work and might prolong the inevitable. ICU doctors make these decisions every day of their careers so best to trust their judgement. Sedating someone to make them comfortable whist they are in the process of dying is something which is done all the time. I’d rather go in no pain than absolutely agony and distress.

I don’t think it’s too far fetched that countries are having to ration vents based on age and co-morbidities.

Try not to think about the fact Italy have more vents and clinicians per head of population than we do.
Last edited by Inchy on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:05 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:

There was an expert on BBC news this morning, who urged people to stop listening to the noise on social media, and stick to the official outlets.
I think that's excellent advice, and it would stop all the fake news appearing on here and elsewhere
Whether it would stop people just making things up, I don't know.
These 4 users liked this post: KateR tiger76 Zlatan Damo

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:31 am

Inchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:59 am

Great post.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:38 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:

Didn't stop you passing it along though, did it?

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:39 am

Bfcboyo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:36 am
Spot on . We know it passes to dogs and dog walkers struggle to stop the animals greeting each other even at 3 meters apart on paths therefore potentially spreading the virus.

What do you think , mass cull of dogs to help fight this pandemic?
Chances of getting it through owner > dog > dog > owner environmental contamination are about as close to nil as you can get.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Inchy wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 am
There has been some anecdotal evidence that this is/was happening in Italy.

Without context it isn’t really useful. I imagine If someone is over 65 and is extremely unwell with ARDS then their chance of survival is pretty slim. Putting them on a ventilator might not work and might prolong the inevitable. ICU doctors make these decisions every day of their careers so best to trust their judgement. Sedating someone to make them comfortable whist they are in the process of dying is something which is done all the time. I’d rather go in no pain than absolutely agony and distress.

I don’t think it’s too far fetched that countries are having to ration vents based on age and co-morbidities.

Try not to think about the fact Italy have more vents and clinicians per head of population than we do.
What concerns me is our Gov not giving us the information.
You want the governor of NewYork, you get the feeling his team are on top of things, you get all the data.

Here we get waffle. We know they now will not give death details until a relative says they can, that’s flattening the curve but it’s being economical with the truth.

No data on number of critical or serious , my mother did text me she heard the head of the NHS say there were 6000+ in the UK but I did not here that.

Then you see they are building a 4000 bed hospital, that’s scary. Especially when we don’t have anywhere near enough ventilators.
At least the Americans have approved splitting as that appears to work, meaning two people can be on one ventilator.

Let us know if you get your Covid test as being said all over the news.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:10 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:38 am
Didn't stop you passing it along though, did it?
No it didn’t.

You didn’t have to read it either.

There have been things I pasted that were called out as fake that in fact were true.

So make your own judgment

I will say if that 4000 bed hospital gets full, many will not get ventilators because we don’t have them and many could die.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:06 pm
Here we get waffle. We know they now will not give death details until a relative says they can, that’s flattening the curve but it’s being economical with the truth.
That's not true, it was mis-reported on Newsnight

There was a slight change in the curve on the 26th because of a change in time at which the data is recorded and released. Meaning some were removed from one day and added to the next, hence a slight drop in one days numbers but the next day(s) we are back to increasing exponentially.

This explains it fully
https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/ ... 9283730439
Last edited by CombatClaret on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: thatdberight

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:25 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:06 pm
What concerns me is our Gov not giving us the information.
You want the governor of NewYork, you get the feeling his team are on top of things, you get all the data.

No data on number of critical or serious , my mother did text me she heard the head of the NHS say there were 6000+ in the UK but I did not here that.

Then you see they are building a 4000 bed hospital, that’s scary. Especially when we don’t have anywhere near enough ventilators.
At least the Americans have approved splitting as that appears to work, meaning two people can be on one ventilator.

Let us know if you get your Covid test as being said all over the news.
Not sure what you'd do with the data. Mangle it, probably.

6,000 in hospital. As a quick Google would have told you.

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:33 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:24 pm
That's not true, it was mis-reported on Newsnight

There was a slight change in the curve on the 26th because of a change in time at which the data is recorded and released. Meaning some were removed from one day and added to the next, hence a slight drop in one days numbers but the next day(s) we are back to increasing exponentially.
It was. But that's enough for conspiracy loons.

Google "Nick Watt coronavirus data". Who's the only outlet reporting it still? Russia Today... oh, and our very own equivalently reliable poster...

This guy (no fan of the government) was all over it and posted a tweet clarifying that Watt's story (which of course he hasn't retracted) was nonsense. It was just a timing change.
https://mobile.twitter.com/lukecooper10 ... 5288695808

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Total positive test results for Lancashire = 141 (8am 27-03-2020)

Source - Public Health England

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:06 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm
Total positive test results for Lancashire = 141 (8am 27-03-2020)

Source - Public Health England
Would be interesting to know how many negative tests there have been.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:19 pm

First day back in today, after 4 days off.

12 people on my team off with symptoms, and one girl has it quite bad with breathing difficulties. She’s still at home, but may end up at the ExCel when it comes online. Only 25 years old with no health problems.

Hope everyone is safe, and obeying the instructions to stay indoors.

Clarinetclaret
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Clarinetclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:48 pm

*correct usage
I bet you checked your post about three times before you posted it. Some people are just plain sad.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Sky News have reported a further 260 deaths in the UK.

mapinchina
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by mapinchina » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 pm

I live in Wuhan. I posted a message on the ClaretsMad board last December just alerting people of the potential risks if allowed to travel here. I was ridiculed, "it's only a f*****g cold/flu".
Oh well, I did try....

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:07 pm

mapinchina wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 pm
I live in Wuhan. I posted a message on the ClaretsMad board last December just alerting people of the potential risks if allowed to travel here. I was ridiculed, "it's only a f*****g cold/flu".
Oh well, I did try....
There are lots of rumours that suggest the death rate was a lot higher in Wuhan than the data that was officially released, could you comment on that without getting arrested?

mapinchina
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by mapinchina » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:32 pm

I can comment without fear of being arrested, I find it strange that you should ask that question ?
I have been kept updated, daily, of the situation.
The data released was correct at the time of release.
Perhaps some people don't understand that there is an an "incubation period" and so cases have to be confirmed.
Originally the "incubation period, self isolation period" was stated as 16 weeks
The current situation is that people will be allowed restricted access into Hongshan District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province soon, but, people will not be allowed to leave until April 8th.
I hope that makes sense....

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by keith1879 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:38 pm

thatdberight wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:33 pm
It was. But that's enough for conspiracy loons.

Google "Nick Watt coronavirus data". Who's the only outlet reporting it still? Russia Today... oh, and our very own equivalently reliable poster...

This guy (no fan of the government) was all over it and posted a tweet clarifying that Watt's story (which of course he hasn't retracted) was nonsense. It was just a timing change.
https://mobile.twitter.com/lukecooper10 ... 5288695808
To be fair ...if you actually watch the newsnight report (there's a link on the previous page) Nick Watt essentially makes the point that there is a timing change....he doesn't in any way suggest that this is some sort of Government conspiracy to massage the figures. He does make the mistaken suggestion about seeking permission from reelatives but this is said as something of a throwaway line. This is something of a non-story as far as I can see...but much more convincing if you don't actually watch the report.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm

So our ramp up rate of deaths is behind Italy and way behind Spain, but still showing we will be losing over 400 people per day by the end of next week. Then double that the week after.

Not looking good. A tighter lockdown on its way by this time next week.
F9791151-2375-4E88-90D9-27B41F026A57.jpeg
F9791151-2375-4E88-90D9-27B41F026A57.jpeg (394.67 KiB) Viewed 2170 times

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:45 pm

mapinchina wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:32 pm
I can comment without fear of being arrested, I find it strange that you should ask that question ?
I have been kept updated, daily, of the situation.
The data released was correct at the time of release.
Perhaps some people don't understand that there is an an "incubation period" and so cases have to be confirmed.
Originally the "incubation period, self isolation period" was stated as 16 weeks
The current situation is that people will be allowed restricted access into Hongshan District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province soon, but, people will not be allowed to leave until April 8th.
I hope that makes sense....
There is a perception that there is a high level of control on the data coming out of China on the Internet.

What I will say is when I was in Wuxi two years ago this website was virtually the only one I could access whilst inside China.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:47 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm
So our ramp up rate of deaths is behind Italy and way behind Spain, but still showing we will be losing over 400 people per day by the end of next week. Then double that the week after.

Not looking good. A tighter lockdown on its way by this time next week.

F9791151-2375-4E88-90D9-27B41F026A57.jpeg
At least there will be no fishing balifs breaking curfew :D

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:43 pm

Couple of lines from the daily press briefing.

NHS England medical director Prof Stephen Powis says if the death toll in the UK is kept below 20,000, "we will have done very well".

We move onto questions from journalists now.

The BBC's Dominic Hughes asks medical director of NHS England Prof Powis how full intensive care beds around the UK are.

Prof Powis says: "We are not at capacity yet within London, but beds are being opened all the time to produce that extra surge capacity."

In the first instance, he says theatres and recovery areas are being used for patients as ventilators are already set up in those areas. He says that is already doubling the capacity.

So there is still slack in the system just now,but it sounds like they're preparing for a surge in the coming days.

Boris still leading the government response albeit remotely.

Johnson 'leading response from the front'
Prime Minister Boris Johnson is showing mild symptoms of the coronavirus but is "absolutely leading the response from the front", Business Secretary Alok Sharma says.

"He continues to lead the government's effort in combating Covid-19. This morning he held a video conference call and he will continue to lead right from the front on this.

"I think the one thing this has reminded us is no-one is immune."

Powis confident but warns against complacency
Prof Powis adds that it "is possibe to get on top of this virus and he is "confident for several reasons".

"If we can reduce the transmission rate, then the virus will start to decline," he says. "That is a simple set of maths. If we comply with the measures, we will see a drop."

However, he adds that now is "not the time to be complacent".

Prof Powis: Lock down, hone down
Prof Stephen Powis, Medical Director of NHS England, has issued a direct warning to the public:

"Now is the time to really, really lockdown and hone-down on what we've been asked to do."

On the day the UK's deaths reached 1,019, he says the death toll won't stop rising out of luck.

He adds: "It's not someone else's responsibility, it's all of our responsibilities."

Prof Powis: You have the chance to save a life
Wrapping up, the medical director of NHS England Prof Powis continues: "I cannot emphasise enough to everybody watching today that you have the chance to save a life.

"It really is as simple as that. It's not complex. The science behind it might be complex, but the reality is incredibly simple.

"Avoid contact with others were you can. Stay at home. If you're symptomatic isolate - and that will result in fewer deaths and less pressure on the NHS. It is that stark for all of us."

Straight talking from Powis,exactly what the country needs right now.