Donald Trump

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
grapidianclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Re: Donald Trump

Post by grapidianclaret » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 pm

He must have seen the polling. He is going to ban all immigration as soon as someone has written the executive order for him. Just throwing some red meat out to his base again.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:30 pm

You could probably do this to 95% of Donnies ramblings.

https://twitter.com/stop_trump20/status ... 48672?s=21
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Only 95%?
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 pm

How will the Trump supporters spin this?

Wisconsin reports seven virus cases linked to voting day

The US state of Wisconsin has confirmed that at least seven people were infected with coronavirus when they went to polling places two weeks ago to vote in the presidential primary election.

Voting went ahead on 7 April, despite the governor's order for people to remain at home to control the virus's spread. Democrats pushed for a voting delay, but courts backed Republicans who argued the vote had to go ahead as scheduled.

The state's health commissioner told local media on Tuesday that six of the new cases involved Milwaukee voters. The other was Milwaukee poll worker.

Wisconsin voters were forced to wait in long lines after many polling stations were closed. In Milwaukee, 180 locations were reduced to just five.

Democrats are pushing for more mail-in ballots to be used in coming elections, but Republicans largely oppose absentee ballots. Donald Trump has suggested that increased turnout from easing balloting restrictions could harm Republican candidates.

So Trump's prime consideration isn't people's health,but the impact on Republican electoral prospects,i think that tells you all you need to know.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:28 pm

To be fair to Trump he doesn't try to spin it, he just lies and attacks all his opponents whilst praising himself.

Ive given up bothering to post anything about Trumps antics as there's so much everyday and apart from the real Trump zealots I think its an area where pretty much everyone on all sides of the political divide agree that he's a disgrace and unfit for office
These 3 users liked this post: fatboy47 Taffy on the wing Caballo

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:56 pm

See that he is threatening Iran via twitter again today

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Smoke and mirrors.
I have noticed a trend over here of some conservatives turning against the orange one.
He needs to distract from domestic policy ,hence Iran ,WHO, immigration ban and Jina.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:08 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:18 pm
How will the Trump supporters spin this?

Wisconsin reports seven virus cases linked to voting day

The US state of Wisconsin has confirmed that at least seven people were infected with coronavirus when they went to polling places two weeks ago to vote in the presidential primary election.

The state's health commissioner told local media on Tuesday that six of the new cases involved Milwaukee voters. The other was Milwaukee poll worker.
I do hope the Fonz, the Cunninghams and the rest are all ok.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5043 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:28 pm
To be fair to Trump he doesn't try to spin it, he just lies and attacks all his opponents whilst praising himself.

Ive given up bothering to post anything about Trumps antics as there's so much everyday and apart from the real Trump zealots I think its an area where pretty much everyone on all sides of the political divide agree that he's a disgrace and unfit for office
The problem with that, and I don't disagree, is he gets the job done. He was elected with a promise to bring jobs back to the USA, and he has. He might be a bull in a china shop, bigoted liar. Uncouth loudmouth racist, but he tends to do what he says he will, rightly or wrongly.
If you had a choice for leader between the bigoted racist, who gets the job done, or a very nice, mild mannered, well meaning buffoon, who gets nothing done........ you're shafted.

Instead of blaming Trump we should point the finger at the incompetents on the opposition. Much as all those who slag Boris off, should point the finger at Labour.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm
The problem with that, and I don't disagree, is he gets the job done. He was elected with a promise to bring jobs back to the USA, and he has. He might be a bull in a china shop, bigoted liar. Uncouth loudmouth racist, but he tends to do what he says he will, rightly or wrongly.
If you had a choice for leader between the bigoted racist, who gets the job done, or a very nice, mild mannered, well meaning buffoon, who gets nothing done........ you're shafted.

Instead of blaming Trump we should point the finger at the incompetents on the opposition. Much as all those who slag Boris off, should point the finger at Labour.
My God!......Wrong on every point, truly amazing post.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:27 pm
My God!......Wrong on every point, truly amazing post.
feel free to disagree, but I wouldn't waste your money on betting that he won't be reelected. Then tell me I'm wrong on every point.
This user liked this post: KateR

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:

And despite all that, there are many who think he'll do a good deal with the UK post Brexit. He won't as protectionism certainly won't help with any negotiations.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:

You need to do a bit of fact checking around what his promises were in 2016 and what he's actually delivered on. From your statement above sounds like you're in for a surprise

If there is something that Trump deserves credit for then its definitely his ability to convince people that he’s doing what he said he’d do.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:16 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:42 pm
And despite all that, there are many who think he'll do a good deal with the UK post Brexit. He won't as protectionism certainly won't help with any negotiations.
I think we will get a good deal. Not because he's an upright politician, rather he has his pet hates and his pet likes. I just think he sees us as a pet like. He can also use us as a bargaining chip to get a better deal with the EU.

The problem with his detractors, and I'll say it again I don't like the guy, is he isn't trying to please us. He's appealing to a core of America that was tired of previous American presidents appeasing the world by exporting jobs. He did that, and despite the worlds misgivings, that core vote still support him.
At a time when people in this country are crying out for our old manufacturing industries to be brought back to this country, its strange that Trump gets pilloried for doing just that. I tried to allude in my earlier post, it shouldn't be a popularity contest, but who can get the job done.

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Trump came in to office and his promises to wall street sent the stock market into overdrive. His deregulation of Obama ( and some Bush) regulations created a feeding frenzy on the stock market. His jobs creation,bringing jobs back to America are at best questionable.
He promised to save coal. Coals decline in the U.S has actually accelerated under Trump.
His other attempts at keeping manufacturing jobs in the U.S.A have also dissappointed. The new trade deal had few safeguards for manufacturing jobs until the Democrats and the unions added legislation for payrates in Canada and Mexico to be raised to a level comparable with manufacturing wages in the U.S.A with monitoring built in to the bill. That was all democrat,not Trump or Republican legislation.
Building a wall and having Mexico pay for it?
Money has been diverted from military spending to pay for the limited wall ( fence) being built.
The jobs growth,it should be pointed out was far larger under Obama than under Trump. Job creation slowed once Trump took office. Wages did grow,but that,it can be argued , is as a result of having an inability to hire new workers due to pretty much full employment and a reduction in immigration.
I run a small business and have been trying to hire additional employees for 5 years with no,success. My payroll costs gave up increased by just over 55 percent in that time.
Smoke and mirrors.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:59 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/[b]ma ... employment[/b]-in-the-us-is-at-the-same-level-of-69-years-ago-2019-01-04

U.S. president Party Start jobs
George W. Bush R 132,794
Barack Obama D 134,053
Barack Obama D 135,266
Donald Trump R 145,836

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/trump ... 20-update/

I would say the fact checking provides better evidence than trying to hire 5 people and where the smoke and mirrors might be, spin them anyway you want.
Attachments
Trumps-Numbers-Jan-2020.png
Trumps-Numbers-Jan-2020.png (192.71 KiB) Viewed 2644 times

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Obama's administration created more jobs in his last 3 years than Trump did have s first three years in office.
Try and spin that anyway you want Katie.
And don't go the food stamp road. There were over 600,000 people per month losing their jobs at the end of the bush administration, Obama turned that around too.
As for me hiring 5 employees, read,my post again.

Not a Trump supporter my ass.
Trump wants credit for everything and non of the blame.
10 weeks of inaction and now our unemployment is higher than it was in 2008. Fact check that one.

I take it that you couldn't find any way of spinning my other statements and so you ignored them. Typical trumper
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Obama created 16 million jobs in his right years,despite sequestration which reduced the figure by 400,000 in the last two years of his administration.
Despite sequestration Obama created 1.5 million more jobs in his last 3 years in office than Trump has in his first three years. Fact. Comparing Obama's first three years,when he inherited such an awful economy,left again by a Republican president,to Trumps first three years,when he inherited a fantastic economy( wage inequality was still an issue buy it was improving) is both condescending and a ridiculous spin on reality.
I often asked how the U.S would have dated if Trump was running the show in 2009. We probably have a good idea now.

Uwe Noble
Been Liked: 111 times
Has Liked: 286 times

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:28 pm

Oh yeah, "everyone agrees on all sides" apart from the people who really matter ie the American public who voted him in. Same with Brexit / Boris no doubt ".
Did "everyone agree on all sides" with that? They might have on this tiny, irrelevant, unrepresentative message board. You need to get out of your "liberal bubble". Incredible smugness.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:02 pm
Obama created 16 million jobs in his right years,despite sequestration which reduced the figure by 400,000 in the last two years of his administration.
Despite sequestration Obama created 1.5 million more jobs in his last 3 years in office than Trump has in his first three years. Fact. Comparing Obama's first three years,when he inherited such an awful economy,left again by a Republican president,to Trumps first three years,when he inherited a fantastic economy( wage inequality was still an issue buy it was improving) is both condescending and a ridiculous spin on reality.
I often asked how the U.S would have dated if Trump was running the show in 2009. We probably have a good idea now.
Trump "inherited a fantastic economy"! What fantasy world do you live in?!

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:21 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Obama's administration created more jobs in his last 3 years than Trump did have s first three years in office.
And don't go the food stamp road. There were over 600,000 people per month losing their jobs at the end of the bush administration, Obama turned that around too.
I take it that you couldn't find any way of spinning my other statements and so you ignored them. Typical trumper

10 weeks of inaction and now our unemployment is higher than it was in 2008. Fact check that one.
As we're into "facts", why don't you tell us whether Trump was right to stop flights coming in from China at the end if January? Just a simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:37 pm

You never cease to amaze me, UN!

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:40 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:37 pm
You never cease to amaze me, UN!
Thanks, I like to challenge lazy "groupthink".

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Unlike you,Uwe, I do read the posts. I already answered your laboured question earlier.
Now be a good trumper and go read it.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:40 pm
Thanks, I like to challenge lazy "groupthink".
You're an antagonistic POS..........and you know it!......That's all you are too, a complete waste of time.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:15 pm
Oh yeah, "everyone agrees on all sides" apart from the people who really matter ie the American public who voted him in. Same with Brexit / Boris no doubt ".
Did "everyone agree on all sides" with that? They might have on this tiny, irrelevant, unrepresentative message board. You need to get out of your "liberal bubble". Incredible smugness.
^^^^^Trump zealot alert^^^^^

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:07 pm
^^^^^Trump zealot alert^^^^^
That's all you've got - nothing. Someone comes along who challenges your world view and you can't cope! :shock:

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm
You're an antagonistic POS..........and you know it!......That's all you are too, a complete waste of time.
What a shame! Is it because I don't go along with the "all Trump / Brexiteers are evil fascists" mantra of so many on this thread. Tough. You just can't cope with an opposing views and argue rationally. It degenerates into emotionalism and virtue-signalling.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:19 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm
Unlike you,Uwe, I do read the posts. I already answered your laboured question earlier.
Now be a good trumper and go read it.
No harm repeating your answer. You're not embarrassed by it are you? ;)

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

Not embarrassed,just don't want to save you the trouble.
Do you think that some white supremacists are good people Uwe?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:12 pm
That's all you've got - nothing. Someone comes along who challenges your world view and you can't cope! :shock:
Plenty more but Ive already had my fun with you so now I'll get straight to the point. You are a Trump zealot - nothing more, nothing less, just very sad

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:33 pm

He is very sad. He recognizes similar traits in the orange one. Narcissism being an obvious one. Needs help really. But not able to recognize that he needs help. Thinks he is tremendous,and beautiful. Does everything perfectly. Nobody argues pro Trump like Uwe. Nobody knows more about Trump than Uwe. His pro Trump arguments are perfect and tremendous

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:43 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:33 pm
He is very sad. He recognizes similar traits in the orange one. Narcissism being an obvious one. Needs help really. But not able to recognize that he needs help. Thinks he is tremendous,and beautiful. Does everything perfectly. Nobody argues pro Trump like Uwe. Nobody knows more about Trump than Uwe. His pro Trump arguments are perfect and tremendous
I wish I could say your" arguments" were tremendous but of course you liberals don't do "argument", just play the race card, guilt by association etc.

Which is why, of course, you won't answer my question: "Did Trump do the right thing when he stopped flights from China?". Why are you so reticent to repeat your answer?

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 pm
Plenty more but Ive already had my fun with you so now I'll get straight to the point. You are a Trump zealot - nothing more, nothing less, just very sad
You got nothing! :lol:

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Which is why, of course, you won't answer my question: "Did Trump do the right thing when he stopped flights from China?". Why are you so reticent to repeat your answer?
Yes he very probably did - what’s your point exactly ?
Are you saying once correct decision excuses his racism, sexism and all the other wrong decisions he has made ?

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Uwe's internet persona just comes across as a bit of a mug really. I'm sure he's lovely IRL.

As for Trump stopping flights from China, he didn't, so the premise of the question is wrong and not worth responding to.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-f ... trictions/

As for Trump, my sincere hope is that the good people of America will have seen enough of his three ring circus over the last 4 years and bin him off via the ballot box later in the year.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:57 pm

As for Trump stopping flights from China, he didn't, so the premise of the question is wrong and not worth responding to.
This is why you jack-asses can't win an election. You deny reality and then wonder why nobody votes for you.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:08 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:53 pm
Yes he very probably did - what’s your point exactly ?
Are you saying once correct decision excuses his racism, sexism and all the other wrong decisions he has made ?
Right on cue with the classic, leftist smear argument. What has this got to do with racism and sexism? No wonder you lose elections.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10237 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 pm

How very dare you ?
Oh, sorry, I misread your last setence..
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 pm
This is why you jack-asses can't win an election. You deny reality and then wonder why nobody votes for you.
Spoken like a true Trumper, bravo, you've been learning well. Even omitted the link from the quote. Classic.

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 pm

I'm not sure what you're trying to say beyond the obvious trying to defend you're original post to be honest, I read your post and went to check facts, I didn't write them, I did not make them up, they appear to be facts to me, which does not support your thoughts/perception that you loudly proclaim incorrectly to be facts. Don't complain to me, just find other facts to refute the ones I posted and then we can agree that indeed some of the "fact" checking is wrong. I don't know whether you are right or wrong but I am at this moment believing the facts I checked against your perception of the truth. We are not discussing how he is doing C-19 wise, stop trying to defect and bring other points in to your original discussion that are irrelevant and do exactly what you complain Trump does, stop deflecting and stick to the points in question. Manufacturing and employment is what I posted is up to Jan 2020 in response to you're original post, so stick to the relevance of your original post. Further below is relevance to your being unable to hire people.

Regarding your post and hiring additional people I have a couple of thoughts for you and your no success, if your payroll went up, sign of good economy, which is supported by my post with actual numbers, not my perception. I have no idea in what industry you're talking about or what pay or benefits you were offering, so impossible for me to say why but I can categorically say it was not Trumps fault. Unless you're saying the economy growth and numerous jobs being filled stopped you from filling the roles. I have lived in California and Texas since 1996 while also doing international assignments, I have had to fill hundreds of jobs in numerous roles, never easy but I never failed and never blamed anyone else for it being difficult when it was.

In regard to Trump I have made it plain what I think so don't presume to tell me what I am or am not, you are in no position to know. Just for absolute clarity, what I am supporter of is the truth and am against hatred & bigotry and wherever I see it I will call it out, the numbers in a fact check shows you are at the best mistaken. I'm willing to hold my hand up and say those numbers are wrong when you can trot out numbers that support your perception, exactly the same kind of post about the number of flights going on, people should be able to check things first rather telling outright lies just because they want to get on the Trump haters bandwagon.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:08 pm
Right on cue with the classic, leftist smear argument. What has this got to do with racism and sexism? No wonder you lose elections.
Again you got things pathetically wrong. You are thicker than the dumb ass rednecks who vote for this clown.

I said that he was very probably right in stopping flights from China. I never said that was a racist act.

I simply asked the question whether you thought one correct decision excused his racism or sexism or all the things he has clearly got wrong - including this virus where he has got blood on his hands by thinking he had it under control.

Are you seriously now trying to argue he is neither racist or sexist ? Because if you are it’s kind of the end of the debate from my point of view and we are into KKK territory,

exilecanada
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by exilecanada » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:40 pm

I don't typically get involved in these Trump discussions, however in my personal opinion he's an arrogant, self centered, lying tosser. I digress.

grapidianclaret wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:51 pm
The new trade deal had few safeguards for manufacturing jobs until the Democrats and the unions added legislation for payscales in Canada and Mexico to be raised to a level comparable with manufacturing wages in the U.S.A with monitoring built in to the bill.
I think you'll find the above statement is incorrect. Typically manufacturing jobs in Canada have higher pay scales than US. Sure, our cost of living is higher due to higher taxes and being a smaller market. That's offset somewhat by our Provincial Governments providing health care for all, unlike the US (non)system. Having said that, there's no question provisions were put into place in the new trade deal to ensure Mexican payscales were comparable to US and Canada.
This user liked this post: KateR

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:13 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:23 pm
Again you got things pathetically wrong. You are thicker than the dumb ass rednecks who vote for this clown.

I said that he was very probably right in stopping flights from China. I never said that was a racist act.

I simply asked the question whether you thought one correct decision excused his racism or sexism or all the things he has clearly got wrong - including this virus where he has got blood on his hands by thinking he had it under control.

Are you seriously now trying to argue he is neither racist or sexist ? Because if you are it’s kind of the end of the debate from my point of view and we are into KKK territory,
You begrudgingly accept he got the decision despite people (probably including you and Biden) tried to stop it by calling him a racist. Then when he still makes the right decision you call him a racist again but this time for some other undefined act.

Is it any wonder people are tuning out to this type of "logic"? You have n't got an argument, you just play the race card.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:23 pm

JFK and Clinton displayed sexist behavior in many people's opinions. Are you seriously arguing that this invalidates their achievements whilst in office? It's a juvenile argument which makes me wonder whether you should n't be tucked up in bed.

P.S. I don't think Trump is racist nor any more sexist than any other bloke of his generation (bet that sets your hair on 🔥!)
Last edited by Uwe Noble on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:25 pm

grapidianclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:02 pm
let's try to take some of your statements and see how real and relevant they are shall we.
The presidency of Barack Obama began at noon EST on January 20, 2009, when Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States, and ended on January 20, 2017.

At the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008 unemployment was quite low, the crash happened, let's not get into the why's and wherefore's of that please, so yes Obama inherited a terrible mess, like nearly every leader in the world had to deal with. By 2010 unemployment due to the crash was extremely high after his first year in office so you seem to be missing this point I think, that it went up while he was in office and not down during all of his first 3 years, again I don't blame him for this. By the end of his second term he had got unemployment down to just under where he inherited it, took a long time but we can all agree (I hope) that those 8 years were very difficult for any economy and leader and I am not saying anything against what he did.

Trump took over 2017 and has continued the work by Obama in pushing the unemployment rates lower, however, for Obama, from inheriting the Crash and watching extremely high unemployment happen under his watch, there was only one way to go, down.
==========================================================================================================================
GDP has been higher under Trump than Obama for nearly ever quarter.
==========================================================================================================================
The Dow Jones has consistently risen for both Obama and Trump since the 2009 low but did reach record highs for Trump and Unemployment reached unprecedented lows under Trump so let's not say Trump has been useless up to Jan 2020 because the facts just don't support it.

GDP, Unemployment and Salaries are all tied together

Absolutely no spin on reality, these things happened, Obama was in a bad place when he came to power, Trump a good place, so I can accept it's been easier for Trump up to Jan 2020, be interesting to see what he can do after we exit because it will be worse than what Obama started with. But, that's for another day in the future, plus of course who is in charge of the White House, be another poison chalice for the Democrats to get through that's for sure.
Attachments
DJI.png
DJI.png (204.61 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
Unemployment.jpg
Unemployment.jpg (29.8 KiB) Viewed 2371 times

grapidianclaret

Post by grapidianclaret » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:32 pm

exilecanada wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:40 pm
I don't typically get involved in these Trump discussions, however in my personal opinion he's an arrogant, self centered, lying tosser. I digress.

I think you'll find the above statement is incorrect. Typically manufacturing jobs in Canada have higher pay scales than US. Sure, our cost of living is higher due to higher taxes and being a smaller market. That's offset somewhat by our Provincial Governments providing health care for all, unlike the US (non)system. Having said that, there's no question provisions were put into place in the new trade deal to ensure Mexican payscales were comparable to US and Canada.
You are mostly correct there exile. Not in auto manufacturing but in most manufacturing wages in Canada are quite comparable to the USA. Auto workers in Michigan still make more on average than in Canada.
You have higher taxes too but a much more reliable social safety net,so Canadian auto workers may even be better off.
My reference was to the actual bill that passed and was finally signed off on by all 3 countries. It also has verbage in to deal with any future fall if the currencies of all 3 countries, back on the 90s the Canadian dollar was worth 1.7 us Dollars. In 2010 the Canadian dollar was stronger than the US dollar. The peso is more changeable. I wasn't meaning to question Canadian wages,I am quite familiar with the system over there and married to a Canadian too. A very good possibility that we will retire over in CA. But the verbage is in the bill.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:22 pm
JFK and Clinton displayed sexist behavior in many people's opinions. Are you seriously arguing that this invalidates their achievements whilst in office? It's a juvenile argument which makes me wonder whether you should n't be tucked up in bed.

P.S. I don't think Trump is racist nor any more sexist than any other bloke of his generation (bet that sets your hair on 🔥!)
You need help.
You sound like you are having some kind of breakdown. Stay away from the firearms eh.

Uwe Noble

Post by Uwe Noble » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:00 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:32 pm
You need help.
You sound like you are having some kind of breakdown. Stay away from the firearms eh.
Right on cue again, another evasive, illogical reply. You just can't handle the truth!

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Uwe Noble wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:00 pm
Right on cue again, another evasive, illogical reply. You just can't handle the truth!
What truth is that then punchy ?
The truth that you’re a brainwashed nutter ?

Go find a Yankee Doodle Dandy redneck forum where you can share your right wing cousin shag-ging views. There’s a reason why you just look an idiot on here - and it definitely isn’t because you think you know what the truth is.