BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER/AUTUMN 2020 (MUST CONTAIN LINK)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claret3561
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: BFC TRANSFER NEWS SUMMER 2020(MUST CONTAIN LINK)

Post by claret3561 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 pm

i wonder how many happy clappers when we were relegated from the old first division on our way to div 4 were telling everybody, dont worry we'll be straight back.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:09 pm
Where did you get that from?
Was confirmed a while ago

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:09 pm
Where did you get that from?
It was a twitter link but the club have confirmed it.

Yet Wet Spam are still playing their match tonight. How crazy is that?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:16 pm

claret3561 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:05 pm
No im 59 but have been watching the clarets since 12 years old and this is the first time ive ever felt totally let down by the club.many times ive heard people say over the years no ambition but now its actually true
I think it’s fair to say that our strategy is looking rather muddled. We are all aware that we operate on a limited budget but appear to adopt a transfer policy that does little to affect this, long term.
This user liked this post: Long Time Lurker

claret3561

Post by claret3561 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:17 pm

So you never felt totally let down in the Teasdale era?

Not really because we all knew we were skint then, with very few options. Whilst were not an overly rich club were not the paupers we once were. Id just like to see a few players in to prevent another fall from grace

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm

There really has to be a good chance we'll get relegated this year. If you stand still in this league you quickly fall behind and at present we're definitely standing still. Injuries and age will catch up with a thin, ageing squad and and tbh they actually already are.The young lads we have coming through are clearly very good players or they wouldn't have progressed this far, but as we saw with Jimmy Dunne, they are unproven at the very highest level and if we have to rely on too many of them for too long, then the greater nous and experience of other clubs will beat us more often than not. The appointment of Mr Rigg (who won't be on peanuts!!) appears on the surface to have made little or no material difference to the personnel on the field for first team games, but I do accept that behind the scenes he MAY have been working very closely with SD to identify and negotiate with targets, only for MG to pull the plug when he sees the costs involved. Having said that I see the issues Garlick is wrestling with as our wages and other costs rise and income, due to the effects of Covid, falls and may fall even further. Clubs who are making numerous expensive signings are taking a huge gamble and may well be caught out when the reduced revenues continue to bite for much longer than they anticipated. Where does that leave us? Relegation fodder I'd suggest, but at least we're solvent relegation fodder.
And i will just add that if Dale Stephens is the answer, then don't even think what the question was!!
Last edited by Dark Cloud on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Long Time Lurker ClaretMov CaptJohn

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:16 pm
I think it’s fair to say that our strategy is looking rather muddled. We are all aware that we operate on a limited budget but appear to adopt a transfer policy that does little to affect this, long term.
None of us know what plans have been put in place at Burnley since Covid started and criticising the board that has done wonders for the club over the last few years is totally unfair.

Two weeks to go in the window yet. If we haven't improved the squad by then, I might start to get concerned, but I think we will.

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:15 pm
It was a twitter link but the club have confirmed it.

Yet Wet Spam are still playing their match tonight. How crazy is that?
Yet the premier league are making out its ultra safe for fans :D

claret3561

Post by claret3561 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Gordaleman what is it with you and the board. As has been explained to you many times they have not done wonders, in fact they have held us back . Sean dyche has done wonders.

Ps when i say the board i mean garlick in particular

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:57 pm
We have a Head of Recruitment for North & South America ??
Yup, but don't get to eager, these things take time. He has to learn how to scout and identify players first.

"We have a scout called Paulo Araujo who works for us covering the whole of Latin America. Paulo's knowledge of the game is second to none and his contacts in every country are phenomenal. But his work is probably two, three, four, five, six years down the line."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -mike-rigg

Which is something of a contrast to one of the first interviews Rigg gave when he joined us.

“But we don’t want to spend a shed load bringing a 16-year-old in from Brazil when we’re not looking what’s under our nose in the villages and towns for the next Dwight McNeil, released from United or City."

“We will have data from 22 leagues, worldwide. Some of the leagues are far more relevant to us than others. This doesn’t automatically mean we will be going over to the MLS and Argentina and buying wonderful exotic players but it is knowledge."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... explained/

After reading that one would be forgiven for thinking that a Head of Scouting for North/South America would be fairly low down on our priority list - especially one with no previous technical scouting experience.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 pm
Yet the premier league are making out its ultra safe for fans :D
Apparently, Moyes and the two infected players were in the ground for tonight's match when they got the results. They then left. (According to the commentator on Hesgoal.com.) Surely though, they must have been in contact with the rest of the squad, yet the game goes on. How crazy is that?

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Makes you wonder how we got players in from all over Europe 20/25 years ago

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm
Apparently, Moyes and the two infected players were in the ground for tonight's match when they got the results. They then left. (According to the commentator on Hesgoal.com.) Surely though, they must have been in contact with the rest of the squad, yet the game goes on. How crazy is that?
Does seem bonkers. Football knows best though eh.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm
None of us know what plans have been put in place at Burnley since Covid started and criticising the board that has done wonders for the club over the last few years is totally unfair.

Two weeks to go in the window yet. If we haven't improved the squad by then, I might start to get concerned, but I think we will.
Improving the squad well into the seasons start is far from ideal, Dyche has said as much himself. I accept that some signings will happen late, but all of them!? How does that help Dyche?

The wonders achieved have been achieved primarily, by Dyche. That’s not to discredit some of the work done by Garlick but I’m reading / hearing more that makes me question his leadership.

Was it not Dyche that wanted the club to limit player spending in the early days (which affected our first tilt at staying up), to put in place a fund for an academy, better facilities etc?

This is the same, sensible and hugely successful manager that we’re now supposed to question because he’s suggesting that we can stretch the finances.

I’ve far more faith in Dyche and what he has brought to Burnley FC than I have Garlick.
This user liked this post: Enola Gay

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm
Yup, but don't get to eager, these things take time. He has to learn how to scout and identify players first.

"We have a scout called Paulo Araujo who works for us covering the whole of Latin America. Paulo's knowledge of the game is second to none and his contacts in every country are phenomenal. But his work is probably two, three, four, five, six years down the line."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -mike-rigg

Which is something of a contrast to one of the first interviews Rigg gave when he joined us.

“But we don’t want to spend a shed load bringing a 16-year-old in from Brazil when we’re not looking what’s under our nose in the villages and towns for the next Dwight McNeil, released from United or City."

“We will have data from 22 leagues, worldwide. Some of the leagues are far more relevant to us than others. This doesn’t automatically mean we will be going over to the MLS and Argentina and buying wonderful exotic players but it is knowledge."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... explained/

After reading that one would be forgiven for thinking that a Head of Scouting for North/South America would be fairly low down on our priority list - especially one with no previous technical scouting experience.
Were do you find all this information from ? Do you watch a lot of football by any chance ? Or do you get your player data from football manager type game ? I not being funny about it either . I find most of your posts are interesting to read and looking back at some of these players you have previously suggested have since either moved or about to

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm
Anyone confirm this?

#GSBOUT West Ham News
@whufc_news
·
1m
BREAKING: West Ham confirm that David Moyes, Josh Cullen and Issa Diop have all tested positive for COVID-19.
Did they venture out of their bubbles........
These 2 users liked this post: Claretjug Guller Bull

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Sutton-Claret wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:53 pm
Did they venture out of their bubbles........
"The manager and both players immediately left the stadium and have returned home," said a club statement.

West Ham said the three men were all asymptomatic and assistant manager Alan Irvine took charge of the Hull match, which both Diop and Cullen were due to start.

Public Health England guidelines state those with Covid-19 should self-isolate for at least 10 days, meaning Moyes, Diop and Cullen will not be able to attend training or the league game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 27 September.

BBC Radio 5 Live's John Southall said the trio travelled to the ground with the squad in two or three separate coaches.

"They say they all social distanced, the squad, from when they met up and throughout the journey," he said.

"As soon as they arrived, the results from the tests done yesterday came through and the two players and the manager were isolated immediately in separate rooms and left the ground very quickly, I'm told.

"West Ham say they are satisfied nobody else in the squad needs to self-isolate and that is why the game went ahead."

I assume the test swabs weren't taken today, so that's a bit of a nonsense statement. Surely they have all trained together this week and if three people have got it, they probably got it off each other, so they haven't been social distancing.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 pm
Were do you find all this information from ? Do you watch a lot of football by any chance ? Or do you get your player data from football manager type game ? I not being funny about it either . I find most of your posts are interesting to read and looking back at some of these players you have previously suggested have since either moved or about to
Having read the SKY feature on Rigg it just re-emphasises to me the importance of keeping Dyche, Woan, and his key coaches. They are the ones that really matter. The recruitment side sounds very grand and fluffy, manned by what I would call business journey men who have no loyalty to their employers, and just building up their CV's for the next big role. Sadly I saw it in my own career.

Has there been one player appointment in two years thats come through this process, and was there ever a greater need to see some end products than post lockdown I know there is an absolute need to have these scouting/recruitment teams, but is obvious many clubs are more advanced than we are. Leicester is a good example both in the UK(recently Maddison, Justin,Gray), and particularly abroad (Mahrez,Tilemans, Soyuncu,Praet,Knockhart,Perreira).It also seems pointless having such a hierarchy of a team if the Chairman does not trust them

I am sure Dyche and Woan know who would be good in terms of new faces at the club-lets face it they are playing against different squads every week, and have managed different players in the past. Plus I suspect Dyche's networking abilities with people in the know in football will be immense

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:18 pm

Obviously no-one on this board truly knows the full picture regarding our finances however the words put out by Sean Dyche must surely mean his frustration is clear to see. I don't see him actively leaving on his own accord but if an approach was made by another PL team I can see him going and in this respect I think Burnley FC are extremely vulnerable. We know he may move on one day but going during this season would be a disaster given the current state of the squad and accompanying injury concerns. The club simply has to support him with enough finances to strengthen the squad appropriately.

We all know the arguments for and against our transfer policy or rather lack of it and the constant talk over whether the Board is ambitious enough. On the one hand it keeps the club securely as a going concern by not taking risks on overspending on players versus not committing enough to improving the team and taking a small but acceptable risk that doesn't threaten the future.

However it is a strange situation where players that are certainly god enough to be part of our squad are being bought and sold in this window yet seemingly we don't seem to be seen as being actively involved. I know as a club we do things quietly and often behind the scenes however I have never known a transfer window where we seem to be so out of the picture. Each transfer windows seems to be getting slowly worse in that respect.

However it made no sense at all to lose Hendrick, Hart and Lennon when we did and apparently had no strategy on how that situation was to be averted or a plan to replace them. Given the current level of injuries and the projected times of how likely any of those players will return to being actively available for selection and given the lack of numbers in the squad it is farcical that the club is drifting into mayhem. In this current dilemma it is ridiculous that the Chairman and Manager seem to be poles apart and the Manager still not knowing if he can recruit players or not with just 13 days to the window shutting.

So now comes the unpalatable part. It would seem likely that the only way we will be able to get the players we desperately need is to agree to a sale of JT. The sale would have to be contingent on getting both Dawson and Worrall over the line unless Dunne is considered good enough to be 4th choice. The funds could then be used for Quaison, Stephens or Lundstrom,, Osayi-Samuel, or any other targets may be in Sean Dyche's targets. Ordinarily I wouldn't want to sell JT but needs must and sadly he may want to leave to pursue his ambitions and there is not a lot of point keeping a player who doesn't want to stay. Perhaps Burnley will accept an offer from Leicester rather than WestHam but they need to get on with it before the latest Covid 19 clampdown forces more teams to abandon their plans to buy players. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of following our current strategy which is apparently doing nothing much.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 pm
"Do think to an extent that will play in to our hands."

Yes, I think you're right and a couple of us on here have been saying it for a while. At the end of the day, football is big business, and if we wait until the last minute to buy, then struggling clubs will lower their prices. If they don't, then we pay the going rate, so nothing lost by waiting a bit longer.
Could also go disastrously wrong if they’re snapped up by other clubs beforehand of course, but right now the future looks bleaker for lower league clubs so you’d expect that will lower prices as the window nears.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:43 pm
I watch a bit of football beyond Burnley. It serves as background noise that I can focus in and out of while I am doing other things. Sometimes I listen to music and sometimes I have a match on, it can also be both at the same time ( I don't need commentators ).

Obviously my only true love is for Burnley, so I don't have a need to watch every minute of another teams game with passionate and all consuming conviction. They simply serve as a passing interest and allow me to watch other leagues and other styles of football.

Now, because I'm not emotionally invested in other teams I do need something to focus my interest on other than a team I'm following winning or losing games. So I generally spend quite a bit of my in and out viewing time watching players. Making a note of the ones that impress me and paying more interest to the ones that I think might be good for us.

That is about it, every season I tend to pick out a foreign league and one or two teams. I don't tend to like the Spanish and Italian styles of football so I tend to avoid them, which is why I rarely include players from them in my Tombola lists. Although I do watch a couple of the matches by the development squads of the big Spanish clubs like Barcelona now and again - if i can find them.

As to the other info about articles relating to our club I'm naturally interested in them and all of the information about our new recruitment team came from a quick 30 minute look at LinkedIn.

In terms of identifying players that are probably going to move and for little money, that is all down to common sense, a little deductive reasoning and some educated guess work. The important things that WYSCOUT can't really help anyone with.

And no I haven't played played any football games in a long time ( Football manager or Fifa ). I did play FM Manager years ago, but I thought it was badly designed. The economy module simply doesn't work and the way they chose to address that was by introducing lots of nerfs ( upping the difficulty and annoyance factors that would drain cash in unrealistic ways, like increased injuries, buying your players for peanuts or unsettling them, asking for large sums for players you wanted to buy, allowing non player clubs to quickly buy up good players while you had to scout them and so on ). Doing things like that can work in platformers, shoot em ups and so on, but in a game that is supposed to be a realistic simulation they represent bad design - although they do tick the box for quick and easy fixes. It might be different now, but I don't enjoy playing games that are poorly crafted, so I play games that aren't. I can't say anything about Fifa, because I've never played it.
Last edited by Long Time Lurker on Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 pm

FB_IMG_1600768477469.jpg
FB_IMG_1600768477469.jpg (15.19 KiB) Viewed 4585 times
These 2 users liked this post: Long Time Lurker Guller Bull

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm
There really has to be a good chance we'll get relegated this year. If you stand still in this league you quickly fall behind and at present we're definitely standing still. Injuries and age will catch up with a thin, ageing squad and and tbh they actually already are.The young lads we have coming through are clearly very good players or they wouldn't have progressed this far, but as we saw with Jimmy Dunne, they are unproven at the very highest level and if we have to rely on too many of them for too long, then the greater nous and experience of other clubs will beat us more often than not. The appointment of Mr Rigg (who won't be on peanuts!!) appears on the surface to have made little or no material difference to the personnel on the field for first team games, but I do accept that behind the scenes he MAY have been working very closely with SD to identify and negotiate with targets, only for MG to pull the plug when he sees the costs involved. Having said that I see the issues Garlick is wrestling with as our wages and other costs rise and income, due to the effects of Covid, falls and may fall even further. Clubs who are making numerous expensive signings are taking a huge gamble and may well be caught out when the reduced revenues continue to bite for much longer than they anticipated. Where does that leave us? Relegation fodder I'd suggest, but at least we're solvent relegation fodder.
And i will just add that if Dale Stephens is the answer, then don't even think what the question was!!
Pretty much what many said last year before we kicked a ball, and the year before, maybe even for the last 5 seasons in the EPL, sooner or later the doom and gloom gang have to be right the way the PL has been.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:55 pm

Read something tonight that Forest have signed 57 players since 2018 - I guess there is a happy medium somewhere.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm
I've only been watching Burnley for 68 years, so maybe you can explain?

What make you think we'll be relegated? I certainly don't think we will.
You need me to explain :o

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Long Time Lurker, you sound like exactly the sort of person BFC should have in their recruitment team. Keep up the posts.
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Post by ecc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:15 pm

"I've only been watching Burnley for 68 years, so maybe you can explain?

What make you think we'll be relegated? I certainly don't think we will."

"Then you obviously haven't been watching close enough"

Look, we're all fed up but that doesn't mean we shouldn't respect each other.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR ClaretMov

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 pm

Talksport are linking Everton's Tom Davies with Southampton. The sort of player we should be looking at? Has shown plenty of promise but maybe needs a fresh start somewhere.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:06 pm
Maybe Rigg should look in the middle aisle at Aldi for a bargain right winger. 😄
He did but you know what German right-wingers are like ;)

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:08 pm
Long Time Lurker, you sound like exactly the sort of person BFC should have in their recruitment team.
:lol:

If only he had a couple of hundred million quid he didn't need.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 pm

claret3561 wrote:
No im 59 but have been watching the clarets since 12 years old and this is the first time ive ever felt totally let down by the club.many times ive heard people say over the years no ambition but now its actually true
You didn’t feel more let down when Crewe strolled to a win against us to make the Orient game necessary?
You didn’t feel let down when Tommy Cavanah was made boss?
Or when Benson was in charge?
You did not feel let down when Colne Dynamos we’re threatening to take over Turf Moor?
With Mark Kendall’s performance at Blackpool?
.... to name just a random few, maybe it is you that has not been watching very closely.
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick Gordaleman

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:41 am

claret3561 wrote:
You have an extremely short memory

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 pm
FB_IMG_1600768477469.jpg
Fame at last ;)

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:21 am

Our recruitment strategy is tailored to our expectations in the premier league.

Every year we are in a relegation fight, so our transfer strategy reflects that.

When you view it that way, then Brady getting a 1 year extension makes sense, as does the signing of Stephens, as does the money poured in the academy and the youth set up.

Regarding people posting huge posts about who we should be buying, you don't have to read them guys so stop getting annoyed by them.

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:24 am

Dale Stephens is joining Burnley, subject to a medical, on a two year deal worth £1m, that could rise to £2.5m.

As a result, he won't be involved in tonight's Carabao Cup tie at Preston.

(via @AndyNaylorBHAFC)

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:24 am

Naylor confirms Stephens is happening :!:

https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/sta ... 36545?s=21

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am

SGr wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:24 am
Naylor confirms Stephens is happening :!:

https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/sta ... 36545?s=21
well, its a first team squad signing... whats not to like

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 am

Let the complaining and tears begin.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 am

Zlatan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am
whats not to like
Nothing. Now let’s sign a winger.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Andy J

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:32 am

Some good examples of feeling let down here. I remember singing the name of Chalkie White without even knowing who he was! I went down to Crewe as a 13 year old lad. By memory I think my brothers convinced my Dad to drive down. I cried all the way home. Felt like doomsday, but we lived to fight another day. I think the fact that we had so many false dawns between 1987 and 1990 was where I felt let down most though, before Jimmy finally lifted the gloom. Worth remembering on a day like today. UTC

And welcome Dale Stephens 👍
elwaclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 pm
You didn’t feel more let down when Crewe strolled to a win against us to make the Orient game necessary?
You did not feel let down when Colne Dynamos we’re threatening to take over Turf Moor?
.... to name just a random few, maybe it is you that has not been watching very closely.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:32 am

Reecey1987 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:24 am
Dale Stephens is joining Burnley, subject to a medical, on a two year deal worth £1m, that could rise to £2.5m.

As a result, he won't be involved in tonight's Carabao Cup tie at Preston.

(via @AndyNaylorBHAFC)
Nothing to grumble about at that price, in the current climate, though iam sure some will.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 am

elwaclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:45 pm

None of those listed above surely compare to the feeling of being let down by a club in the top flight for the 5th year on the trot not signing 2-3 players already. :roll:

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 am

We’ve replaced hart and Hendrick. Now we just need a right winger and maybe a centre back and we should be good.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 am

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 am
We’ve replaced hart and Hendrick. Now we just need a right winger and maybe a centre back and we should be good.
I actually think if Tark stays we arent desperate for a CB. Mee back in training so Dunne/Long are backups. It's very rare the 4th choice will be needed.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan Andy J

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 am
I actually think if Tark stays we arent desperate for a CB. Mee back in training so Dunne/Long are backups. It's very rare the 4th choice will be needed.
I concur

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 am

As much as I think we need to be bringing the age of our squad down a bit with the current mess we're in Stephens and Dawson would be decent signings.
Both experienced, steady Premier league players who could step in and do a job straight away.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1392 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:44 am

claret3561 wrote:
No im 59 but have been watching the clarets since 12 years old and this is the first time ive ever felt totally let down by the club...
Then it's you who's not been "watching close enough".
Last edited by AfloatinClaret on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Gordaleman

Granny WeatherWax

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:47 am

Good stuff, CB and winger needed now.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 am

FactualFrank wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 am
Happy with DS given the uncertainty over future budgets. However, we do need a young right side cb now to bring on because if Tarks does not go now, he will next year. If he is going now, we need Dawson as well.

Andy J
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by Andy J » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:22 am

Zlatan wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:41 am
I concur
Completely agree