As a paying BFC customer, what do you feel you should be entitled to?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

As a paying BFC customer, what do you feel you should be entitled to?

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:56 am

Good morning everyone,

Just a thought...Many of us contribute to our club, financially over the season, whether it be through buying merchandise, paying for a ClaretsPlayer subscription, or as in most cases, paying to go and watch the team play. For many people, this extends to several hundred, if not thousands (in a family situation) of pounds.

So that said, what should you be entitled to?

Is it as simple as, 'pay your money; watch your team play' or do you feel that you should be entitled to more. The vast majority of fans don't own shares and obviously those that do, are perhaps privy to more.

One thing that strikes me at the moment, other than the fact that we have such a threadbare squad available on matchdays, is the total lack of communication from the club about the KEY issues that matter to us.

I understand that takeover talks need to be kept in the background, so for me it centers around the management, the board and critically, the Chairman. Yes, I know that Garlick often sits in the background and allows Dyche to get on with things, but these are extraordinary circumstances; this is his major shareholding, yet the uncertainty around the place is causing worrry, negativity and a lot of confusion. Surely, getting a bit more from the top at present, would help us all a lot. If not help, it would surely help us to have a clearer idea - be it good or bad.

So, what exactly do you think we should be entitled to?

Hope you're all safe and well.

Best wishes and have a great week.

John

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Re: As a paying BFC customer, what do you feel you should be entitled to?

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:00 am

Better PR
This user liked this post: rob63

RedRoseWardrobe
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 am

Last edited by RedRoseWardrobe on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 am

Echo the above. Better PR/communication.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 am

In normal circumstances, I'd probably agree we need more communication. But at the minute I'm honestly struggling to retain interest in matches, let alone anything else happening - or not happening - at the club. Good post though.
These 8 users liked this post: CaptJohn mdd2 Ashingtonclaret46 Jenny55 Boss Hogg simonclaret strayclaret MT03ALG

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am

I think for the paying customer you either shop at Aldi or Waitrose depending on how you find the "store"
I know football is a different perhaps unique commodity but you wouldn't expect Aldi to tell you about their
financial situation other than in their accounts or if they are struggling unless they want to.
Much as i think MG should 'address the nation' and tell us the present situation and that SD is in fact in the financial loop re the bank
balance, that he chooses not to is his failure as a Premier League Club Chairman and his Board should be insisting he
does as I do not think he hold 50.01% of the club shares does he?
As the owner of one share it is even worse that it appears none of us know how we now stand with Covid-19 at BFC

I think this is an excellent post - I would question back though....what do those people at the top do when they realise that they are self-damaging their own commodity?
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am

at a bare minimum for Season ticket holders, to be able to watch the home matches without paying again for subscription TV - I know its much more complicated than that, hence my tolerance to the situation but my patience is wearing thin lately.
These 2 users liked this post: SalisburyClaret MT03ALG

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:09 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 am
In normal circumstances, I'd probably agree we need more communication. But at the minute I'm honestly struggling to retain interest in matches, let alone anything else happening - or not happening - at the club. Good post though.
70 years a claret and I too am in that boat Nottsclaret
These 2 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 MT03ALG

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:13 am

I just want Gibson and Lennon's replacements in now.
These 2 users liked this post: Stayingup box_of_frogs

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 329 times

Post by CaptJohn » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:14 am

I possess shares in the club but am none the wiser than the rest. Obviously MG has to keep any negotiations under wraps and TBH that's the way I like it.
I think that all of us love to be kept fully abreast of the comings and goings in our club but I really feel that where transfers are concerned the club has to be circumspect because we all know how certain clubs will gazump us without any hesitation.
Be patient and have trust in those that run our club.
This user liked this post: Leisure

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 am

A rebate on Joe Hart and Ben Gibson! :D
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:22 am

Honesty, transparency and at least someone who will listen to the fans voice and try and act on things of concern.
Whether that's poor toilet facilities, blocked drains or a reasonable idea to make their matchday a little easier/safer.

The fact we have got used to all this substandard things and years of no real improvements shows just where fans are in the list of priorities.

Slowly getting fed up with football as a whole, and from someone who never missed a game and got a real buzz for matchday, to now not particularly bothered about it being behind closed doors.
They day out, seeing friends and catching up is what I'm missing more than anything.

If they shut football down again for another few months I dont think itd bother me in the slightest to be honest.

Not sure it's all BFC related, but they certainly have contributed.
These 2 users liked this post: Boss Hogg CaptJohn

Jenny55
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Jenny55 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:30 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:06 am
I too think the communication could be better but strongly agree with you that it is difficult to retain interest in watching us in the current climate. I think CT mentioned this in his match report that it is not enjoyable at the moment. Strange times.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 am

I don't think the chairman should have to communicate with us in the press but taking away the AGM was a bad move.

Lots of people put far more money into the club and should have their say once a year.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:36 am

Jdrobbo

You make very valid points, especially the lack of communication, and it all stems from this, from a Royboy post No 2019

"However, Clive ended by accepting the continuing need for communication and was pleased to invite us to an informal shareholder's meeting later that month.

That was in 2013 and, in particular, a superb interraction with Sean Dyche..... It was the first and last"

We seem to be going back to the Bob Lord days of tell them what they need to know, that is until we need to get the buckets out again.

Its shocking from the Board, and to a degree SD... his sound bites and constant sniping are becoming tiresome. If it's TRUE, just say Tarks is refusing to join with the group.

I cant even be arsed to watch our games, the have brought a total apathy in me due to their siege mentality.
This user liked this post: depechedingle

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:37 am

I turn up, pay and go home.

Anything I want to know financially about the club I can get from Swiss Ramble /Price of football, or from the money tree thread on here.

I know some fans have a sense of entitlement and feel they should be told every detail of what the clubs doing, but as someone else has said, they don't expect that from their local supermarket.

The club has been a little slow catching up with other grounds, but Covid has hurried that along quite well.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:57 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:37 am
I turn up, pay and go home.

Anything I want to know financially about the club I can get from Swiss Ramble /Price of football, or from the money tree thread on here.

I know some fans have a sense of entitlement and feel they should be told every detail of what the clubs doing, but as someone else has said, they don't expect that from their local supermarket.

The club has been a little slow catching up with other grounds, but Covid has hurried that along quite well.
Not bothered about knowing every detail but their PR and communication leaves a lot to be desired. I'm still waiting on a reply from three years ago regards booking a corporate box for an occasion. Initially they were quick to reply but the person who was supposed to contact me failed to do so. Little things like that.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 am

I want to turn up for a match, watch it in safety and go home feeling that the players employed by the club have given it their all whether they win or lose.
I don't expect anything else at all because, like everything else in life, they only tell you what they want you to know.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:03 am

Last edited by RedRoseWardrobe on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:06 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:03 am
Your paying but you're not a customer at present. Why are you still paying? If you don't cancel now don't expect a refund.
:D correct... the club are clearly going to keep everyones money who is still paying
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure ClaretAL

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:09 am

I think I have made my point relatively eloquently, but perhaps I ought to stress, it's the fact that there are clearly poor relationships going on in the background that to me, are really giving the club bad publicity.

Soundbytes from Dyche in press conferences.
Views of Garlick at football matches, met with negative remarks about the 'goings-on' from commentators
etc.

If there's no problem, then communicate that,
If there is a problem, find a way to communicate that, so that companies such as SKY and BBC stop stop tarnishing our brand.

It seems so self-inflicted.
These 3 users liked this post: JohnMac SalisburyClaret Wokingclaret

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:13 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:03 am
I'd like a refund from a product that isn't available. Maybe I'm a greedy so and so and I should treat the club as a charity?
On 1 today pal

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:09 am
I think I have made my point relatively eloquently, but perhaps I ought to stress, it's the fact that there are clearly poor relationships going on in the background that to me, are really giving the club bad publicity.

Soundbytes from Dyche in press conferences.
Views of Garlick at football matches, met with negative remarks about the 'goings-on' from commentators
etc.

If there's no problem, then communicate that,
If there is a problem, find a way to communicate that, so that companies such as SKY and BBC stop stop tarnishing our brand.

It seems so self-inflicted.
yes, Dyche keeps letting himself down in this respect.

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am

Communication is the big one.

Obviously there are decisions being made behind the scenes that politically need to be kept from general knowledge - finances and transfer targets / sales.

Would like our club to have a better PR and Marketing presence. Clarets Player has always been utterly crap. Now we have yet another new iteration that no doubt will be equally as crap.

I only found out about Clarets+ via an email telling me the old service would be superseded by this. Something they’ve no doubt known about for an extended period yet were happily taking the money for the old app...
This user liked this post: jdrobbo

RedRoseWardrobe

Post by RedRoseWardrobe » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am

..... C nd
Last edited by RedRoseWardrobe on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am

What is going on in the background is not for general consumption because we are talking about a business and you never get anywhere by airing your dirty linen in public.
Yes, Sean Dyche makes comments at a press conference and that satisfies the media and they speculate that all is not well, however, they do not know exactly what is happening because that is not for general consumption.

Would you rather have a club where the Board, management, players etc are slagging each other off in public or a situation like we have now where none of us really know what is going on? Nothing to be gained by making things public ----the media will always speculate about whatever.
These 2 users liked this post: jdrobbo DAVETHEVICAR

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 am

Ashington, fair points. Very valid. Thank you!

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 am

Ashington, fair points. Very valid. Thank you!

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:26 am

Wellsy1882 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:13 am
On 1 today pal
Think he is on about his 10th :D good old Monday club

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 am

Not too sure 'entitlement' is the appropriate word. Following a football club is a choice and it has been mine for over 60 years. My reward is attending a 'live' game at least every fortnight for nine months and all that goes with it as has already been alluded to earlier. Highs and lows have always been part of that experience but social media, sadly, has increased the demand/ need to be ' in the know'. It' used to be that no news was good news but unfortunately not any more.
I want to see additions to the squad; I want to see a return of injured players but above all I want to set off for a game with my children and grandchildren which, I feel, is my entitlement. Covid has and still is devouring that and whatever is going on at the moment both on and off the field isn't how it should be. It really just doesn't feel right and I'm far from convinced that it ever will again.
These 6 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 JohnMac AfloatinClaret Zlatan Buxtonclaret evensteadiereddie

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am

I've got a healthy respect for MG, however I'd like him to be more visible and inform us why we appear to have difficult situations year on year attracting players. Heaven forbid we are an established PL club. If he turned around and said we're not being held to ransom by agents demanding extortionate wages for their clients or potential selling clubs acting less than honourable I'd accept it. If he also turned around and said he felt we had to be more prudent due to the number of players that have proved less than successful or cost effective in recent years I'd accept it. At present the silence is deafening and it's not helping. There needs to be a general improvement in communications.
This user liked this post: jdrobbo

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:46 am

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 am
Not too sure 'entitlement' is the appropriate word. Following a football club is a choice and it has been mine for over 60 years. My reward is attending a 'live' game at least every fortnight for nine months and all that goes with it as has already been alluded to earlier. Highs and lows have always been part of that experience but social media, sadly, has increased the demand/ need to be ' in the know'. It' used to be that no news was good news but unfortunately not any more.
I want to see additions to the squad; I want to see a return of injured players but above all I want to set off for a game with my children and grandchildren which, I feel, is my entitlement. Covid has and still is devouring that and whatever is going on at the moment both on and off the field isn't how it should be. It really just doesn't feel right and I'm far from convinced that it ever will again.
I think you make excellent points Silky and I tend to fall on your side of the fence. I'm generally very happy for things to play-out in the background. I think your comments around social media use is bang on - the demand for insight has rocketed.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:48 am

Entertainment.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:52 am

RedRoseWardrobe wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am
Your paying but you're not a customer at present. Why are you still paying? If you don't cancel now don't expect a refund.
RRW I’ve got every sympathy for your current situation, but to say if you don’t cancel now you won’t get a refund is incorrect.

The club have already released a statement
FAQ’S

I’m a 2020/2021 season ticket holder but am unlikely to attend any matches this season, can I receive a full refund?

Yes, the full refund process will be announced in the coming weeks.

I am a 2020/2021 season ticket holder and will try to attend as many games as I am able to. Will I need to pay anything extra on top of my already paid season ticket price to attend?

No, season ticket holders who are successful in a ticket ballot will not be faced with an additional charge.

If I only attend a small number of games through the season will I be able to use the remaining value of my season ticket to renew for the 2021/2022 season?

Yes, season ticket holders will be given the choice of rolling over any outstanding value of their season ticket to pay for a 2021/2022 season ticket or have it refunded to them at the end of the 2020/2021 season.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1392 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:20 pm

I'm another who thinks that Silkyskills' post comes close; for the club to try and brief the supporters in the way some think they're 'entitled' would be to the club's commercial detriment leaving BFC even less able to sign those additional/better players that we'd all like to see on the roster.

The everyday frustrations/problems in all aspects of our lives are to varying degrees eased/relieved/distracted by the pleasure we get from following our chosen football club (well, maybe not if you're a Rovers fan) but this summer when the usual frustrations have been seriously exacerbated by the Covid-19 Pandemic, the pandemic's effect on the club have sadly left BFC less able to offer us some good news, at just the moment when we'd most like/need to hear more.

The only thing I believe (with hindsight admittedly) that BFC perhaps could've done differently/better in this respect would have been to give Joe Hart a new contract, then we would have had somebody to blame for all our perceived woes, in fact I reckon that by now one or two would've managed to even lay Covid-19 itself at his doorstep; to a degree even our keeping Jeff Hendrick would've partially eased the problem - he was a good lad and could've probably stepped up a level - because the lack of a top notch scapegoat in the current squad is becoming a major issue. Come on MR, SD, MG and the rest, get your fingers and chequebooks out; the squad is more than 'threadbare' in the scapegoat position and we demand, indeed are surely entitled, to an EPL standard whipping-boy! Not some youngster from the lower leagues who shows 'promise' nor somebody else's ageing cast-off looking for one final top-level contract premier; we need one who's already Dyche-fit, can come straight into the first team and is of an age to be sold on for a healthy profit when one of the big-six needs similar.
These 5 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 Buxtonclaret Bosscat evensteadiereddie Wokingclaret

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:32 pm

As the OP has been so eloquent I will be as succinct as I can. We need Truth and Transparency.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 pm

I think you pay to watch the game, we are choosing to be a customer. A business is entitled to be transparent if it deems it necessary - probably more so with it's employees than it's customers.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Corky wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:32 pm
As the OP has been so eloquent I will be as succinct as I can. We need Truth and Transparency.
Is there such a thing that exists that's reported through any media outlet?

They always put their slant on it and tell you what they want you to here.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3747 times
Has Liked: 7520 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:27 pm

AfloatinClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:20 pm
I'm another who thinks that Silkyskills' post comes close; for the club to try and brief the supporters in the way some think they're 'entitled' would be to the club's commercial detriment leaving BFC even less able to sign those additional/better players that we'd all like to see on the roster.

The everyday frustrations/problems in all aspects of our lives are to varying degrees eased/relieved/distracted by the pleasure we get from following our chosen football club (well, maybe not if you're a Rovers fan) but this summer when the usual frustrations have been seriously exacerbated by the Covid-19 Pandemic, the pandemic's effect on the club have sadly left BFC less able to offer us some good news, at just the moment when we'd most like/need to hear more.

The only thing I believe (with hindsight admittedly) that BFC perhaps could've done differently/better in this respect would have been to give Joe Hart a new contract, then we would have had somebody to blame for all our perceived woes, in fact I reckon that by now one or two would've managed to even lay Covid-19 itself at his doorstep; to a degree even our keeping Jeff Hendrick would've partially eased the problem - he was a good lad and could've probably stepped up a level - because the lack of a top notch scapegoat in the current squad is becoming a major issue. Come on MR, SD, MG and the rest, get your fingers and chequebooks out; the squad is more than 'threadbare' in the scapegoat position and we demand, indeed are surely entitled, to an EPL standard whipping-boy! Not some youngster from the lower leagues who shows 'promise' nor somebody else's ageing cast-off looking for one final top-level contract premier; we need one who's already Dyche-fit, can come straight into the first team and is of an age to be sold on for a healthy profit when one of the big-six needs similar.
Good shot!! :lol:

Longsidejono6

Post by Longsidejono6 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:34 pm

The price and size of the twix sold at half time

Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by Goddy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:50 pm

As another who has one share, I feel that I am entitled to the bare minimum of access to the financial statements (and overview of the business) but that's about it really.

It would be a bonus if MG gave updates (like a CEO/Chairman might for a plc). As much as I like SD - and I have the utmost respect for what he's done for BFC - he's still an employee and, as such, if unhappy should shut up and find a new job. That's your right as an employee - and same goes for Tarks, too....although I accept Tarks is keeping quiet, the inference is that he's withholding his labour which is not acceptable in my view (and, if true, he shouldn't be paid). Sorry for the slight off-topic rant but it goes to the heart of the fact that all this is a business and dealing with employees which is not really relevant for customers.

So, in summary, as a shareholder, I expect a little bit of info (which, actually, is probably available to everyone) but as a customer I don't see why I'm entitled to anything in terms of transparency/information but I have the right, too, to withdraw my (financial) support even if I'd find it almost impossible to withdraw my emotional support if I don't like what's going on.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:26 pm

As many others have said, better PR and less bullshit from the chairman - “we aim to end every transfer window with a stronger playing squad”

Aye, right.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Take your costumers for granted and they'll go elsewhere. N.B. Not applicable to football.

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by leelad » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 pm

Great opening post jdrobbo and some good contributions along the way. I am going to turn this question on its head. What say or influence do the various supporters groups have in respect of meeting up with representatives of the club to discuss the match day experience and various initiatives around supporting the club. I seem to recall a while back something mentioned about a monthly supporters group meeting but not sure where we are with this one now. Given the situation with covid, would the club be receptive to a regular monthly meeting over zoom for e.g. with key representatives of the various supporters group to act as a forum so that the group's can provide contribution and insight into the issues/concerns/opportunities from the fans side of things.

I miss going on the turf but what I miss as well is the ability for the club to view things (now and again) from the fans point of view. We are the club's customers, the vast majority of us will continue to support our club through thick and thin but sometimes a view from our perspective wouldn't go amiss.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Arsenal fans are entitled as are Liverpool and Manchester utd. I'm a Burnley Fan fortunately.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:23 pm

The Fulham chairman has communicated with fans on twitter tonight and is getting pelters off some fans.
I apologize to @FulhamFC supporters for our performance tonight. We’ve looked to add centre-backs since Wembley, I’m sorry we haven’t yet as 2 got COVID + we lost a Free we thought was close + had another issue with a 4th CB. I promise players in + better efforts from this squad.

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Been watching Burnley for over 25 years ... had about 15/20 season tickets.

Did 3 hour round trips and kept my season ticket after moving out of the area a bit ago - lately it’s slowly just getting to the point where I’m not feeling the pull to watch us anymore. I’d drop other plans to get to a match and it’s annoyed exes to the point of us splitting up before now - if we do end up selling to investors, it could be the final push that means I’d probably just pick and choose a few games to go on here and there.

Even when the ballot system was announced, the lads I meet for games seemed to be in the same boat as myself even though they have also moved away and kept season tickets.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:47 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:23 pm
The Fulham chairman has communicated with fans on twitter tonight and is getting pelters off some fans.
I apologize to @FulhamFC supporters for our performance tonight. We’ve looked to add centre-backs since Wembley, I’m sorry we haven’t yet as 2 got COVID + we lost a Free we thought was close + had another issue with a 4th CB. I promise players in + better efforts from this squad.
Apparently he's got blood on his hands...

There I was thinking we had some over dramatic morons on here when we lose, that comment is on a whole new level.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:48 pm

bfccrazy wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 pm
Been watching Burnley for over 25 years ... had about 15/20 season tickets.

Did 3 hour round trips and kept my season ticket after moving out of the area a bit ago - lately it’s slowly just getting to the point where I’m not feeling the pull to watch us anymore. I’d drop other plans to get to a match and it’s annoyed exes to the point of us splitting up before now - if we do end up selling to investors, it could be the final push that means I’d probably just pick and choose a few games to go on here and there.

Even when the ballot system was announced, the lads I meet for games seemed to be in the same boat as myself even though they have also moved away and kept season tickets.
The Bubbles Burst.... that Chesterfield friendly seems a long time ago now.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 4481 times

Post by MT03ALG » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:59 pm

Better communication. I wrote to the club some time ago to ask what was happening with Direct Debits for Season Tickets but have not received a reply.
Does anyone know what is happening with the Direct Debits except for the obvious situation that the club is taking our money without anything in return.