Absolute garbage

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Pommieclaret
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Absolute garbage

Post by Pommieclaret » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:46 pm

It doesn't matter how you look at it, the games we have played this season we have been garbage. Looking at today we looked bereft and I cannot see anything but relegation written on the performances this season.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Absolute garbage

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:51 pm

Thanks for stopping by.

Please take a free lollipop on your way out.
These 6 users liked this post: Bosscat elwaclaret Taffy on the wing GodIsADeeJay81 Stacky_claret simonclaret

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:54 pm

Pommieclaret wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:46 pm
It doesn't matter how you look at it, the games we have played this season we have been garbage. Looking at today we looked bereft and I cannot see anything but relegation written on the performances this season.
🥱🥱🥱

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:57 pm

As it stands its looking like the worst team.in Sean Dyche's tenure. Most of the players he has are not really up to current EPL standard. The "Team' has pulled us through in recent seasons after the loss of our most talented players but it seems now that morale has dropped and we have little creativity so the team is not what it was. Tough job on now for SD.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm

Reality is...

We were okay going forward against Leicester but had a lad making his debut at centre half with what should have been our fourth choice centre half. We didn’t play too badly.

We weren’t great against Southampton but we lost an early goal, were never in trouble after that but weren’t great going forward.

We were shite against Newcastle, except the first 15 minutes of the second half where we were actually really good, but we strangely retreated after equalising and probably threw that one away.

Against West Brom we weren’t special but we were the better side and missed 2 golden chances and 1 very good chance.

We played well against Tottenham and deserved at least a point.

Today, we were absolutely woeful, against a side that have spent about 7 trillion Bitcoin in the summer.

Next Friday is the start and a big game. Play like we did today more often than not and we’re in trouble but play like we did against Tottenham and we can easily pick up 40 points in 32 games.
These 12 users liked this post: CleggHall Buxtonclaret elwaclaret Burnley1989 tiger76 MT03ALG GodIsADeeJay81 leelad bobinho jetblackcat simonclaret Berne Leigh

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:00 pm

That's the spirit MD

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:05 pm

Just look at the stadium... we’re that sh!t everyone leaves before kick off.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2874 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:11 pm

Against the biggest clubs, I think SD only does well when he sees a way we can hurt them...

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:11 pm

MDWat wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm
Reality is...

We were okay going forward against Leicester but had a lad making his debut at centre half with what should have been our fourth choice centre half. We didn’t play too badly.

We weren’t great against Southampton but we lost an early goal, were never in trouble after that but weren’t great going forward.

We were shite against Newcastle, except the first 15 minutes of the second half where we were actually really good, but we strangely retreated after equalising and probably threw that one away.

Against West Brom we weren’t special but we were the better side and missed 2 golden chances and 1 very good chance.

Today, we were absolutely woeful, against a side that have spent about 7 trillion Bitcoin in the summer.

Next Friday is the start and a big game. Play like we did today more often than not and we’re in trouble but play like we did against Tottenham and we can easily pick up 40 points in 32 games.
Hope you're right. To win though you have to score.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:12 pm

You know we played Chelsea today?

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:13 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:11 pm
Hope you're right. To win though you have to score.
13 goals in our last 17 Premier League games is nowhere near good enough. You can’t dress that up. But we’re limited at the back, and all positions end up compensating for that to keep us tight. No doubt we haven’t got the balance quite right but things will get better.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:21 pm

One of the most observant comments made about us was made by Sounness when we were on our recent good run post lockdown. He said we had many individuals of a lesser quality than many PL sides-a reflection of our business-free transfers, out of contract players, low cost players and occasionally we will spend between £8m-£15m (but not often).However he went on to say that Dyche will often get all 11 playing consistently at the top of their game. Today against a top footballing side packed on the bench with quality, we were not collectively at the top of our game, infact far from it, and have not been this season. Fully understandable with whats been going on at the club, combined with injuries, shortage of squad players, and whats going on behind the scene. You can see the urgency has gone from certain players-even the likes of Pope, Taylor, McNeill, Wood who have all proved to previously be game changers. This will be Dyche's biggest challenge yet-reinstalling the belief of the starting 11.We have seen it happen before however its now made harder because the great majority of clubs have stepped up through the ability to recruit. We have stood still so in real terms have gone backwards
These 3 users liked this post: Burnleyareback2 GodIsADeeJay81 Vino blanco

Stayingup

Post by Stayingup » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:23 pm

MDWat wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:13 pm
13 goals in our last 17 Premier League games is nowhere near good enough. You can’t dress that up. But we’re limited at the back, and all positions end up compensating for that to keep us tight. No doubt we haven’t got the balance quite right but things will get better.
[/quot

Again. Hope you are right. But I do think we have lost very decent players this season - better ones over a few seasons - and not strengthened and we are weaker than at any time since we last got promoted. The league has got tougher. Most teams have at least one star player. We havent.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:27 pm

MDWat wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm
Reality is...

First time I've been reading these threads today, I was at work earlier, and then I had the rugby on, a voice of sanity MD, I didn't expect much from the Leicester, Tottenham & Chelsea games, the disappointing results were the losses to Southampton & Newcastle, but we could have nicked a point against Southampton, and the Newcastle game was on a knife-edge until a moment of brilliance from ASM, we probably should have won at West Brom, and the one thing we need to improve on is being more clinical, Barnes today is a case in point, if he buries that early chance then who knows.

I do agree next Friday is a huge game, and we really need to pull a result out of the fire at Brighton, they haven't been any great shakes so far either, so there's no reason we can't go there and bring back 3 points, if we do the table will look a lot healthier, and we have Palace at home following that, 4/6 points from those games, and we'll be in a much better place, that said we do need points ASAP.

Also I don't think we'll need 40 points, 36/37 will likely be enough, if we win the 6-pointers.

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:37 pm

36/37 points. Jesus, at this rate I’m just hoping we get more than Derby....

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:01 am

Ben New returning will have the impact that Heaton did when returned after the Boxing day massacre and we all know what happened from that point. Draw a line under it, learn from it, move on.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 am

box_of_frogs wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:37 pm
36/37 points. Jesus, at this rate I’m just hoping we get more than Derby....
Drama much?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:44 am

Harry Kaine cost us a point with his clearance and took the 3 with his late goal. Pope was beaten by 2 very good goals yesterday tbh.....if Chris wood just put himself about a bit more with maybe vydra alongside him and ben Mee back things will improve. Lack of goals is the worry...

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:15 am

We played well against Tottenham and thoroughly deserved a point. It's a pity that we couldn't lift ourselves to the same level yesterday.

It's times like these when we really do need the so-called '12th man', but there's nowt we can do about that and it is what is it. I think we'll struggle all season, but I have faith in our manager and I don't think we'll be relegated, but if we do, I will be down to the underinvestment in the squad, not Dyche. Anyways, it's only the 1st of November. UTC!

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:36 am

We needed to come out all guns blazing yesterday, WBA did that a few weeks back and went 3-0 up at HT by actually putting pressure on a dodgy defence.
We did what we always do and sit back and rarely created anything, Barnes puts that chance away then who knows. I know I’d prefer Jay Rod to have been on the end of it but he was sat on the bench when he’s probably the best finisher we have.
There’s absolutely no plan B, no creativity in this side, no one that currently looks that they can unlock a defence, even McNeil looks a shadow of his former self, that attacking threat he so often carried has just simply disappeared.
We’ve gone on bad runs before, and managed to survive as we’ve then equally gone on a great run, but I think this time it’s completely different, an older squad, no fans in stadium, injury’s, a thread bare squad, a questionable relationship with board & manager doesn’t fill me with any confidence that we will turn this around
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:44 pm

The balls we put to Barnes and Wood diagonally are so easy to cut out by PL centre halves. How often this season have Dwight or either full back gone to the bye line and pulled it back. Then look at how often Dwight did it mid season last year and the goals Wood got from it

Sorry but the coaching and tactics this season, or lack of, are leading to our problems. I was recalling the last home defeat by Chelsea (4-2). Chelsea were very good on the break but at least we showed intent and got two great goals. Yesterday-no shot on target. We have gone backwards in 6 months.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Tall Paul
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:51 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:36 am
We needed to come out all guns blazing yesterday, WBA did that a few weeks back and went 3-0 up at HT by actually putting pressure on a dodgy defence.
That dodgy defence has kept 5 clean sheets in 6 games since then after a change of goalkeeper (and the new keeper missed the other game).

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:51 pm
That dodgy defence has kept 5 clean sheets in 6 games since then after a change of goalkeeper (and the new keeper missed the other game).
And they kept another clean sheet yesterday as we didn’t ask any questions of that defence. Stats say we didn’t have a single shot on target, their keeper didn’t have a save to make, if you don’t even test the defence it doesn’t matter if it’s dodgy or not.
Only 5 shots in 90 min of football, and not a single one on target. We ain’t going to get many points like that.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:26 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:44 pm
The balls we put to Barnes and Wood diagonally are so easy to cut out by PL centre halves. How often this season have Dwight or either full back gone to the bye line and pulled it back. Then look at how often Dwight did it mid season last year and the goals Wood got from it

Sorry but the coaching and tactics this season, or lack of, are leading to our problems. I was recalling the last home defeat by Chelsea (4-2). Chelsea were very good on the break but at least we showed intent and got two great goals. Yesterday-no shot on target. We have gone backwards in 6 months.
Is it the coaching side that's the issue or the players being unable to do what they've always done?

If the players lack confidence then it doesn't matter what the coaches drill into the players.

As per usual it will be the manager who gets battered on social media, like it is at any club, but if the manager goes and nothing changes what happens then?

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:33 pm

I really do hope Dyche calls a team meeting of ALL the players and staff on Monday morning for a cards on table clear the air meeting..
The performances this season so far .with the odd exception havebeen terrible.
Attackers cant shoot straight,defenders are losing their men, midfield has no penetration and Dyche and his staff are one trick ponies that worked in the past but are now being sussed out by the opposition.
Would be great if Garlick would attend because he is a major part of the problem.
May not do any good but it would certainly make me feel a lot better.Yesterday was just not acceptable whoever the opposition were.
Last edited by The Enclosure on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 pm

So you propose calling a meeting to solve a one trick pony problem?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 pm
So you propose calling a meeting to solve a one trick pony problem?
I'm thinking he wants to have the pony put down, but I'm not sure...

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:20 pm

I didn't realise Garlick was a player.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:04 pm

So whats the answer...do nothing?

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Lost 5 out of 6
Don’t look like scoring
Often no shots on target
Defence has gone to pot
Midfield is weak
No pace
Predictable tactics
Predictable line up
Weak bench
Weak squad
Some players clearly not of the required standard ( Stephens )
Other players woefully off form
A manager and chairman at loggerheads
Chairman out of his depth

It’s not domesday and we can hopefully turn it around but at the moment garbage isn’t far from the truth.
These 2 users liked this post: BOYSIE31 The Enclosure

box_of_frogs

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25 am
Drama much?
Worst start to season we’ve ever had. Drama? No. Fact? Yes.

dandeclaret
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:58 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:48 pm
Worst start to season we’ve ever had. Drama? No. Fact? Yes.
Ooooh I'm just worried about getting more points than Derby...... that's a proper drama.

Worst start to a season ever? Worse than the season under Waddle?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:03 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:58 pm
Not sure about ever but yes better than under Waddle. We hadnt scored a goal under Waddle at this stage but we had got 2 more points

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:06 pm

We are only 6 games in and already we have had Lowton, Bardsley & Pieters at RB, Jimmy Dunne starting, Brownhill being changed position to fill in wide and Dwight and Ash Barnes nowhere near their best.
If you are a Burnley supporter ffs support them. All this negativity just sucks the life out of a club.
MAN UP YOU TARTS.

box_of_frogs

Post by box_of_frogs » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:39 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:58 pm
Ooooh I'm just worried about getting more points than Derby...... that's a proper drama.

:lol: Yep, factually worse than Waddle’s season :lol: