Return to Turf Moor Update

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Return to Turf Moor Update

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:16 pm

Update from club
An update on a potential return of supporters to Turf Moor

Over the past week Premier League clubs have begun welcoming supporters back to stadiums - and we can't wait to do the same here at Turf Moor.

In the event that Lancashire is placed in Tier 2 of the Government's Covid-19 tiered system on Wednesday 16th December, we would like to be open with supporters and communicate the expected protocols and timeline for supporters attending the fixture v Wolverhampton Wanderers, on Monday 21st December (5:30pm KO)

Key information as follows:

2,000 tickets will be available for this fixture.

We will utilise a ballot system for general admissions for season ticket holders. If Lancashire is lowered into Tier 2, the ticket ballot application will open on tickets.burnleyfc.com on Wednesday 16th December (time to be confirmed via burnleyfc.com and club social media). The ballot will remain open until Thursday 17th December.

Ballot applications are only open to season ticket holders living in Lancashire. Season ticket holders will then be able to enter themselves and up to five of their friends and family, who live in the same househiold, into this ballot via our online ticketing platform.

The random ticket ballot will then select succesful applicants and those season ticket holders will be contacted by the club via email. Tickets will be available for purchase from Friday 18th December via our online ticketing platform.

To allow this system to be as fair as possible, those supporters who were unsuccesful in the ballot for the first game will then be made priority for the second game, and so on, until all season ticket holders have had the chance to attend at least one game.

From this point the club will be operating a digital ticketing approach, so no paper tickets will be available. Tickets will be issued as a digital ticket, using mobile phone technology or as a print at home option via email. Please ensure you have a valid email address and your online account is up to date to avoid any issues. For more information please go to the 'Return To Turf Moor Hub' at burnleyfc.com

We will be using the James Hargreaves Lower, Jimmy McIlroy Upper and the Accessibility Stand (NE corner) for general admission. Supporters will not have the choice of where they sit and seats will be allocated as best available, on a first come first served basis when they go on sale to succesful applicants.

Payments can either be via credit/debit card, or season ticket holders may also use their 'OnAccount' balance to purchase tickets.

Our priority is to ensure we adhere to all the government protocols in order to ensure health and safety for our supporters attending future games at Turf Moor.

https://media-cdn.incrowdsports.com/c0b ... 35db9f.jpg
Those season ticket holders who are succesful in the ballot will be expected to adhere to the following protocols before purchasing tickets, in the build up to the game, and on match day itself.

Supporters must complete a mandatory health questionnaire as part of the purchase process, no more than 72 hours before the day of the match. If multiple tickets are purchased, only the lead purchaser will need to complete on behalf of themselves and their friends and family.

Supporters will be required to bring a valid form of identification with them on match day. If any supporters require support with this please email slo@burnleyfc.com

Supporters will be required to download the NHS Coronavirus app and be able to demonstrate it is active, if requested, by club staff on entry to the stadium.

Supporters will be required to adhere to a new match day code of conduct, which will include instruction on arrival times, wearing of face masks and dedicated entrances for your ticket. More information can be found on the 'Return to Turf Moor Hub' - click here

https://media-cdn.incrowdsports.com/396 ... c8913b.jpg
MATCH PRICES

Prices for entry are based on season ticket pro-rata prices for that area/seat within the stadium

James Hargreaves Lower

Adult: £22
Over 65: £13
U22: £10
U18: £5
U12: £3
U10: £0
Jimmy McIlroy Upper

Over 65: £12
Disabled access/Accessibility stands

All season ticket holders in the North East and South East stands will be included in the main ballot.

Over 65: £12
For any additional assistance please email slo@burnleyfc.com

MATCH CORPORATE HOSPITALITY

Seasonal corporate guests will have the opportunity to reserve hospitality. a pre-sale email will be sent to all seasonal guests detailing the package available and costings, which will be located in the James Hargreaves Suite only. This is only available to corporate members for the 2019/2020 season and our commercial team will be releasing this information via email at 10am on Monday, 14th December.

For all information regarding supporters returing to Turf Moor please visit burnleyfc.com - 'Return to Turf Moor Hub'

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Re: Return to Turf Moor Update

Post by dushanbe » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Sounds like so much fun.
This user liked this post: DomBFC1882

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:20 pm

After reading that i wont be returning anytime soon ..
These 3 users liked this post: wilks_bfc The Enclosure MT03ALG

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:22 pm

I think they might be surprised by the number of people who can't be arsed with all that

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:22 pm

I’ve read it a few times and it sounds like we have to pay for the tickets even though still paying for season tickets
These 4 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera bobinho dougcollins MT03ALG

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:23 pm

So basically us long distance fans in Tier 2 will not be allowed to attend any games
I managed to get the ticket office to confirm that our season ticket dd will cover our 2021 -2022 season

littleboroughclaret
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by littleboroughclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:25 pm

Guessing Littleborough doesn't count as Lancashire either. :(

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6895 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:25 pm

What’s the problem? Doesn’t sound like too much hassle.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:26 pm

Good stuff and expected with the current guidelines however, Season ticket holders outside Lancashire will be gutted.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:29 pm

I’ll look forward to next season then

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:31 pm

So I can’t go on the turf because I live in Manchester. Utter bull$hit.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Feels like quite a short turnaround between the release saying fans who didn't renew their ST in the early bird period should get in touch if they wanted to do so now and the decision you can't go to games if you don't live in Lancashire. Think I'd be absolutely fuming if I'd stumped up.

burnmark
Been Liked: 592 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by burnmark » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Can’t seem to get my head around having to apparently pay when a current season ticket holder.
These 2 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera dougcollins

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Sounds about as much fun as a trip to the dentist. And if people have continued to pay for season tickets why should they pay again? Or am I missing something?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:34 pm

I live in Yorkshire but I can understand the reasoning. Different parts of the country will be in different tiers, and as long as that is the case it seems unreasonable to expect the club to check the address of each attendee on the gate against the government’s tier system.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets simonclaret

littleboroughclaret

Post by littleboroughclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 pm

So if I lived in Lancaster 46 miles from Burnley I could go to the game but if I live in Littleborough 15 miles from Burnley I can't go to the game.
These 4 users liked this post: thelaughingclaret Juan Tanamera dougcollins MT03ALG

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 pm

The main reason for maintaining my dd was the opportunity to get in the ballot for games this season. Despite where I live being even more likely to drop into tier 2 when the review is announced I will still be unable to enter into the ballot. Definitely not a happy chap.
This user liked this post: thelaughingclaret

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 pm

You don’t have to pay cash, you can use the money that is on your account as a ST holder.

As for the Lancashire thing, I very much doubt the club have chosen to do. It will be a government condition of allowing fans back in. Have a look at other clubs and I’m sure you’ll see similar rules.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:38 pm

I understand to a certain extent and no amount of shouting about it on here is going to make much difference, however disappointed I am.

It’s a **** poor communication though. Reads to me like a season ticket holder can stick 5 more people into a ballot whether they’re season ticket holders or not?!

littleboroughclaret

Post by littleboroughclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:39 pm

I feel for people in Todmorden, they could probably walk it there and still not go on.

DomBFC1882
Been Liked: 462 times
Has Liked: 2398 times

Post by DomBFC1882 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:40 pm

What a load of old tosh. Im seriously losing my passion for football day by day.
These 3 users liked this post: thelaughingclaret bobinho MT03ALG

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:40 pm

I bet they still let Dave Burnley in.
These 5 users liked this post: thelaughingclaret MDWat DomBFC1882 ClaretTony MT03ALG

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:41 pm

I live just across the boarder in Todmorden and it would be unsafe for me to drive 9 miles and not come into any contact with anyone, but it would be perfectly safe for someone to travel from as far as Lancaster on public transport mingling with others? Yeah right. If both Lancashire and west Yorkshire were to go into tier 2 next week then why would the boarder matter? Should be anyone from any tier 1/2 area or only people from with a 5 mile radius of the turf if they wanted to keep it local. No thought at all.
They never said you had to live in Lancashire before, would have taken the refund if I knew this. Makes no sense. Also the cost shouldn't be over £20.
Last edited by thelaughingclaret on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 2 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 MT03ALG

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:43 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:41 pm
I live just across the boarder in Todmorden and it would be unsafe for me to drive 9 miles and not come into any contact with anyone, but it would be perfectly safe for someone to travel from as far as Lancaster on public transport mingling with others? Yeah right.
They never said you had to live in Lancashire before, would have taken the refund if I knew this. Makes no sense. Also the cost shouldn't be over £20.
Nobody is saying that it’s safer for that person to travel to the game than you.

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:45 pm

littleboroughclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:39 pm
I feel for people in Todmorden, they could probably walk it there and still not go on.
Shame it isn't 1888 anymore when where I live would have been in Lancashire. Strange how covid knows not to cross boarders and such. Very clever virus it is.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:47 pm

James Hargreaves Lower in Winter.

Pass.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:47 pm

As we say in Lancashire, "nah, yer rheet,"

Good luck to those in any ballot though, least I'm selflessly increasing your odds of getting a ticket by one ;-)

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2565 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:47 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 pm
You don’t have to pay cash, you can use the money that is on your account as a ST holder.

As for the Lancashire thing, I very much doubt the club have chosen to do. It will be a government condition of allowing fans back in. Have a look at other clubs and I’m sure you’ll see similar rules.
For other sporting events, such as horse racing, the racecourse has to be in a tier 1 or 2 area, and in order to apply for tickets you also have to reside in a tier 1 or 2 level area. I’d be surprised if the same government rules didn’t apply to football.

depechedingle
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Post by depechedingle » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:48 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Yes you can, but my Season Ticket costs roughly £17.50 per game, yet they will take £22 for per game for something I have already paid for.

Confusion reigns, why have we been asked to continue paying in a financially unstable climate for an unprovided product and when the said products we have to pay again at almost double the cost I am currently paying.

I totally understand that my seat may not be available, but I do want to know what exactly is now happening because they are making a lot of money of the interest of x,xxx season ticket holders.

Not sure of the exact number of season ticket holders, but it is fair too say it is at least in four figures if not five.
Last edited by depechedingle on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JrC
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by JrC » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:49 pm

burnmark wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:32 pm
Can’t seem to get my head around having to apparently pay when a current season ticket holder.
wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:22 pm
I’ve read it a few times and it sounds like we have to pay for the tickets even though still paying for season tickets
Presumably that will make next years renewal far less of a hassle though. If you think about it - if you managed to attend 2 games this season, you would then end up being 2 games short of a full season ticket next year and have to arrange a payment at some point to make up the difference.

Yes I appreciate some people may struggle to suddenly afford £22 x however many people in your household have a season ticket, but in that case you could choose to not attend and still have next years season ticket. Obviously that could be an “inferior” championship season ticket (which would have more matches for the same price) or it could be a premier league ticket that you have potentially earned a discount on if the prices rise.

If money is a problem, is there still a chance of a refund?

As a season ticket DD holder I do not see this as having to pay for a season ticket AND having to pay for individual matches. I now view it as me paying for next year’s ticket, and also getting accessing this years ballot. Yes I will now have to pay for the tickets I win, but NOT the tickets I wouldn’t be able to attend due to the increased work demand that comes with working in a hospital.

I’m pretty happy with this. Except for the fact my seats are next a family member that doesn’t live in the same household but would come under the bubble system. So I imagine they would also have to win a ballot entry to attend

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:51 pm

I am one of many who won't download the track and trace app. Does that mean I can't attend?

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:51 pm

depechedingle wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:48 pm
Yes you can, but my Season Ticket costs roughly £12.50 per game, yet they will take £22 for per game for something I have already paid for.

Confusion reigns, why have we been asked to continue paying in a financially unstable climate for an unprovided product and when the said products we have to pay again at almost double the cost I am currently paying.

I totally understand that my seat may not be available, but I do want to know what exactly is now happening because they are making a lot of money of the interest of x,xxx season ticket holders.

Not sure of the exact number of season ticket holders, but it is fair too say it is at least in four figures if not five.
Don't complain you chose to pay.

MDWat
Been Liked: 871 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by MDWat » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Just checked Everton’s arrangements for this weekend and they have limited it to people who live in the Liverpool City region, so it isn’t just Burnley to be fair.

ChorltonCharlie
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 75 times

Post by ChorltonCharlie » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:55 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:47 pm
For other sporting events, such as horse racing, the racecourse has to be in a tier 1 or 2 area, and in order to apply for tickets you also have to reside in a tier 1 or 2 level area. I’d be surprised if the same government rules didn’t apply to football.
The club need to explain some of this. It’s poor communication, but I very much doubt that they’ve decided to alienate thousands of fans for no reason.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:57 pm

The final paragraph of the media release clearly states where more information can be found. It includes answers to some questions posted above, for example:

What is the pricing for tickets to attend a reduced capacity match?

While matches are played at reduced capacity Season Ticket Holders that are successful in the ballot will be charged as so, (see pro rata matchday ticket price above) Which is pro rata for the for the applicable game in the applicable seating area. The monies for each ticket can be taken from you OnAccount value or paid by card online.

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:58 pm

JrC wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:49 pm
Presumably that will make next years renewal far less of a hassle though. If you think about it - if you managed to attend 2 games this season, you would then end up being 2 games short of a full season ticket next year and have to arrange a payment at some point to make up the difference.

Yes I appreciate some people may struggle to suddenly afford £22 x however many people in your household have a season ticket, but in that case you could choose to not attend and still have next years season ticket. Obviously that could be an “inferior” championship season ticket (which would have more matches for the same price) or it could be a premier league ticket that you have potentially earned a discount on if the prices rise.

If money is a problem, is there still a chance of a refund?

As a season ticket DD holder I do not see this as having to pay for a season ticket AND having to pay for individual matches. I now view it as me paying for next year’s ticket, and also getting accessing this years ballot. Yes I will now have to pay for the tickets I win, but NOT the tickets I wouldn’t be able to attend due to the increased work demand that comes with working in a hospital.

I’m pretty happy with this. Except for the fact my seats are next a family member that doesn’t live in the same household but would come under the bubble system. So I imagine they would also have to win a ballot entry to attend
Personally though I think asking fans to pay an additional up front cost during a pandemic and in and around Xmas time is just plain wrong

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:59 pm

Wait till the government backtrack, and split Lancashire into different tiers.

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Should be interesting at Old Trafford; presuming the conditions would be residents of Manchester and season ticket holders. Could be a struggle
This user liked this post: bobinho

littleboroughclaret

Post by littleboroughclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 pm

The fact is Lancashire is massive geographically and there a lot of people in closer villages/towns to Burnley in old Lancashire that wont be able to go on even though they might be tier 2 come the 16th

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 pm

Whoever wrote the press article should learn to spell ‘successful’ and ‘unsuccessful’. :lol:
This user liked this post: MT03ALG

depechedingle
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 276 times

Post by depechedingle » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 pm

CFS wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:51 pm
I chose to pay on a contract when I purchased my season ticket at the rate. I think it's reasonable to ask these questions, and without trying to sound an arse which you will undoubtedly think I am, I have had my season ticket and subsequently the same seatfor many years.

So choosing whether or not to get a season ticket wasn't an option it's part of what we do in this household and have done for generations.

When the club inform me I could lose my season ticket if I want a refund then that also wasn't an option.

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:59 pm
Wait till the government backtrack, and split Lancashire into different tiers.
You could split Lancashire into Ridings!

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:02 pm

CFS wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:51 pm
Hindsight

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:02 pm

DomBFC1882 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:58 pm
Personally though I think asking fans to pay an additional up front cost during a pandemic and in and around Xmas time is just plain wrong
They aren't.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:04 pm

littleboroughclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:01 pm
The fact is Lancashire is massive geographically and there a lot of people in closer villages/towns to Burnley in old Lancashire that wont be able to go on even though they might be tier 2 come the 16th
Yes, it’s just tough luck isn’t it. Expecting the turnstile operators to check each person’s ID and then consult a database to check what tier their postcode is in is totally impractical.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:06 pm

And no booing. Sing instead to the tune of Motley Crew and 'Girls,Girls, Girls'

Chinese Betting
For Africa
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

Deeney campaigns
Against rural crime
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

etc.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:04 pm
Yes, it’s just tough luck isn’t it. Expecting the turnstile operators to check each person’s ID and then consult a database to check what tier their postcode is in is totally impractical.
Yep, just tough luck that the only two possible systems are only allowing fans from Lancashire in or checking postcodes on the turnstiles.

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 517 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:10 pm

If I want to go, not only will I have to move to Lancashire, but I'll have to buy a new mobile phone as mine is too old to download the app.

I don't think so!

DomBFC1882

Post by DomBFC1882 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 pm

taio wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:02 pm
They aren't.
Not directly no but putting prices out to people who love their team, the sport etc is just an indirect way of asking as everyone knows people will pay it to get that bit of enjoyment in their life if not the only enjoyment

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:12 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:10 pm
Yep, just tough luck that the only two possible systems are only allowing fans from Lancashire in or checking postcodes on the turnstiles.
Nobody said they’re the only two options. But how else would you expect them to prevent someone from entering the ground from a tier 3 area?