ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by mill hill claret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:10 pm

Let's hope they dont have too

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Re: Criticism of the Directors ...

Post by NewClaret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:41 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Not a clue and that's a question that needs answering. I'd no idea with the others either. The only thing I am aware of is that the ALK bid is not just one or two investors. I don't think anything will be happening this side of the Turkey but confident of having new ownership by the time we are singing Auld Lang Syne.
Thanks CT. Was just wondering if details of the investors had been divulged as the deal got closer. Personally would prefer a few mega-wealthy investors over a consortium, but let’s just wait and see. We’ve had enough deals for one day, so may as well save one until after Christmas!! :lol:

For the record though, I won’t be singing Auld Lang Syne! I’ll be in bed. :lol:

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Differ is assuming that as soon as this deal goes through someone somewhere is owed £200m.

People invest all the time, some investments win, some lose. Not everybody who invests gets their initial investment back. That’s how it goes.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Duffer_ wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:39 pm

I think you might be missing the context but not sure it would make any difference. What is it about BFC that makes us worth £200m do you think?
arise_sir_charge wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Differ is assuming that as soon as this deal goes through someone somewhere is owed £200m.

People invest all the time, some investments win, some lose. Not everybody who invests gets their initial investment back. That’s how it goes.
KRBFC wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:33 pm
We are in the Premier League, ALK are spending £200M to buy a Premier League club.
ALK are paying £200m for a Premier League football club and, my view, they are investing their £200 million because that is a very modest amount to pay for a Premier League football club.

This is great news for us, as fans, because it means that ALK want/need BFC to remain a Premier League football club. Therefore, they will spend additional money to give the team the very best chance to remain a Premier League football club.

Why are they doing this? My view is that they believe that £200 million is a low price for a Premier League football club and, if they keep BFC in the Premier League some time in the future they will be able to exit their investment and sell on to others that will place a significantly higher value on Burnley Football Club as a Premier League football club. This is where ALK hope to make a return on their investment.

On the point that someone has made about the players being worth £200m. That may be their transfer market value or it may be less than that. However, it doesn't matter what the current squad are worth, the club will always need a squad of players capable of keeping the club in the Premier League. Maybe take a look at the value of other Premier League football clubs to get a sense of what the "average" Premier League football club squad is worth.

It's beginning to feel that Christmas not many minutes away. ;)

Exciting times.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret Quicknick

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:51 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Not a clue and that's a question that needs answering. I'd no idea with the others either. The only thing I am aware of is that the ALK bid is not just one or two investors. I don't think anything will be happening this side of the Turkey but confident of having new ownership by the time we are singing Auld Lang Syne.
I really hope so, Tony! :)

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32390 times
Has Liked: 5270 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:45 pm
ALK are paying £200m for a Premier League football club and, my view, they are investing their £200 million because that is a very modest amount to pay for a Premier League football club.

This is great news for us, as fans, because it means that ALK want/need BFC to remain a Premier League football club. Therefore, they will spend additional money to give the team the very best chance to remain a Premier League football club.

Why are they doing this? My view is that they believe that £200 million is a low price for a Premier League football club and, if they keep BFC in the Premier League some time in the future they will be able to exit their investment and sell on to others that will place a significantly higher value on Burnley Football Club as a Premier League football club. This is where ALK hope to make a return on their investment.

On the point that someone has made about the players being worth £200m. That may be their transfer market value or it may be less than that. However, it doesn't matter what the current squad are worth, the club will always need a squad of players capable of keeping the club in the Premier League. Maybe take a look at the value of other Premier League football clubs to get a sense of what the "average" Premier League football club squad is worth.

It's beginning to feel that Christmas not many minutes away. ;)

Exciting times.

UTC
Still not convinced of this £200m to buy Burnley. It has never been anything but speculation. The potential new owners have never said a word.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:02 pm

It’s a bargain at £200 mil according to this report the true valuation is not far off double.

https://chadwickmedia.wordpress.com/202 ... 0-million/
This user liked this post: IanMcL

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 pm
Still not convinced of this £200m to buy Burnley. It has never been anything but speculation. The potential new owners have never said a word.
You don't think they're paying that much? Or they're paying more?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:22 pm

whentheballmoves wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:07 pm
You don't think they're paying that much? Or they're paying more?
I have no idea one way or the other, I just the figure has come from the media speculation. Maybe the dodgy lawyer might have released it regarding their bid but ALK have said nothing and neither have the club.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 353 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:30 pm

I was told (back in the day) that Garlic was asking less than £200m. I don’t think it matters what the final price is though, it was what it is. It’ll come out in the wash in a few days

Paul Waine

Re: ALK Capital takeover

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 pm
Hi CT, yes, I agree, nothing been said directly by either ALK or MG (the club). I'm quoting £200m based on the media reports. I think it was quoted at £180 million in the first (Sept, I think) report that named ALK for the first time. Without going back to page 1 (or 5, or 10...) I think it was Reuters who first quoted that figure. Similarly, Reuters quoted ALK and £200m in their more recent report (end Nov) which said ALK were leading..

It will be interesting if ALK and MG/club quote a figure when (if) the deal is confirmed as done. It may be "undisclosed" - though I hope that all shareholders (as before, I'm not a shareholder) get the same offer for their share(s), and, if so, the price paid will be confirmed in the public domain.

Merry Christmas.

Exciting times.

UTC

Edit: Just seen that the subject said "criticism of the directors" - so, I've edited this post to "ALK Capital takeover."

ClaretTony

Re: ALK Capital takeover

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:58 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:49 pm
Hi CT, yes, I agree, nothing been said directly by either ALK or MG (the club). I'm quoting £200m based on the media reports. I think it was quoted at £180 million in the first (Sept, I think) report that named ALK for the first time. Without going back to page 1 (or 5, or 10...) I think it was Reuters who first quoted that figure. Similarly, Reuters quoted ALK and £200m in their more recent report (end Nov) which said ALK were leading..

It will be interesting if ALK and MG/club quote a figure when (if) the deal is confirmed as done. It may be "undisclosed" - though I hope that all shareholders (as before, I'm not a shareholder) get the same offer for their share(s), and, if so, the price paid will be confirmed in the public domain.

Merry Christmas.

Exciting times.

UTC

Edit: Just seen that the subject said "criticism of the directors" - so, I've edited this post to "ALK Capital takeover."
Likely to be accurate then if it has come from Simon at Reuters. As for all shareholders, I’m still not convinced we will get an offer.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:02 pm
It’s a bargain at £200 mil according to this report the true valuation is not far off double.

I agree.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:02 pm

I don’t know who this chadwickmedia is but he just copies stuff from elsewhere and passes it off as his own. I’ve seen some of my articles on there.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm
I don’t know who this chadwickmedia is but he just copies stuff from elsewhere and passes it off as his own. I’ve seen some of my articles on there.
Also values Spurs above United and City so clearly tosh :lol:

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:17 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:15 pm
Also values Spurs above United and City so clearly tosh :lol:
Or whoever he’s nicked the article from does. :D

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Admittedly I haven’t done any background research so can’t verify if it’s a load of cobblers or some merit within the article, I just posted as it contradicted the £200 mil figure which seems to be bandied about as gospel.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3155 times
Has Liked: 6742 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:33 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:08 pm
I agree.
So do i.
that's a very low valuation, probably couldn't buy the squad

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2320 times
Has Liked: 2696 times

Post by fatboy47 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:53 pm

Investment??
That suggests you're buying something that is likely to appreciate in value and provide an income in the future?

God only knows how they expect BFC to do that.

Or maybe they pick up the club for something closer to £150m....flog Pope, Tarks, McNeil, Mee, Brady, Taylor and Wood...then fill the side with hopeful young yanks, and pick up the Prem fees this year and the parachute fees next year...and the Dyche compo when he walks.. .then flog the remaining bare bones of the club, including Barnfield etc

That's the only way I see them making money out of Burnley FC.

Just saying.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:58 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:53 pm
Investment??
That suggests you're buying something that is likely to appreciate in value and provide an income in the future?

Or maybe they pick up the club for something closer to £150m....flog Pope, Tarks, McNeil, Mee, Brady, Taylor and Wood...then fill the side with hopeful young yanks, and pick up the Prem fees this year and the parachute fees next year...and the Dyche compo when he walks.. .then flog the remaining bare bones of the club, including Barnfield etc

Just saying.
You got off on the wrong foot there with filling the side with hopeful young Yanks. Can’t do that because of work permits. I think you might be pleasantly surprised with their plans.
These 3 users liked this post: randomclaret2 mill hill claret mybloodisclaret

Danieljwaterhouse
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 350 times

Post by Danieljwaterhouse » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Investment??

Just saying.
The doom and gloom of some fans is abhorrent.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret mybloodisclaret

fatboy47

Post by fatboy47 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:04 pm

Or alternatively, the naivety of some fans is astonishing.. I truly hope my cynicism is unfounded, but you'll pardon me if I judge this one on outcomes.

WalkdenClaret
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by WalkdenClaret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:50 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Daniel, I'm not sure you can call Fatboy and others comments abhorrent ("disgusting, repugnant"). There are so many people really concerned about this. The lack of any meaningful benefactors names, delays, that they appear to be American (with 200 years of shafting foreigners for personal financial greed).
I don't think it's disgusting that people are worried, or sceptical, especially after the delays.
Others have commented on delays '& silence of board.
1. takeovers are sensitive, we all get that bit.
2. delays /' silence suggest to me there are financial / ethical / other worries from the board, which worries me.

hopefully you won't find this opinion disgusting or repugnant, I really hope the Mr Pace is upping his bid, getting together a lot of nice investors to pump in £500 million into the squad, whilst promising to keep the wage bill capped, looking to appoint an expert board of people who know football and invest in grassroots and Burnley women's football.
These 2 users liked this post: Top Claret fatboy47

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11032 times
Has Liked: 5644 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:58 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:14 pm
Or alternatively, the naivety of some fans is astonishing.. I truly hope my cynicism is unfounded, but you'll pardon me if I judge this one on outcomes.
you literally listed the worst case utter Armageddon scenario - that's not cynicism, that's bonkers and as and daft as someone saying they expect someone to come in and spend 100 billion on players.

Anyway, let's enjoy the ride, Happy Crimbo :D

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:25 am

Been without internet for a week due to the awful Plusnet.

Can only echo CT's comment above as I said a number of weeks ago. I think fans will be surprised (in a good way) by ALK's plans for the club.

Merry Christmas everyone. It should be a very happy new year.
These 2 users liked this post: Vegas Claret mill hill claret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11032 times
Has Liked: 5644 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:48 am

as long as they don't get rid of Phil Bird
These 2 users liked this post: brunlea99 JohnMac

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5072 times
Has Liked: 6844 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:34 am

Dear Santa,
When I checked my stocking this morning it was bereft of the £200 million I specifically asked for.
Yours disappointingly
M Garlic.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:21 am

WalkdenClaret wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:50 am
Daniel, I'm not sure you can call Fatboy and others comments abhorrent ("disgusting, repugnant"). There are so many people really concerned about this. The lack of any meaningful benefactors names, delays, that they appear to be American (with 200 years of shafting foreigners for personal financial greed).
I don't think it's disgusting that people are worried, or sceptical, especially after the delays.
Others have commented on delays '& silence of board.
1. takeovers are sensitive, we all get that bit.
2. delays /' silence suggest to me there are financial / ethical / other worries from the board, which worries me.

hopefully you won't find this opinion disgusting or repugnant, I really hope the Mr Pace is upping his bid, getting together a lot of nice investors to pump in £500 million into the squad, whilst promising to keep the wage bill capped, looking to appoint an expert board of people who know football and invest in grassroots and Burnley women's football.
This is a local club for local people
This user liked this post: Steddyman

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:42 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Investment??

Just saying.
Genuine question, can anybody name a club in the whole of world football where this has happened?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:52 am

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Exciting times.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: mybloodisclaret mill hill claret

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:21 am
People like you are stuck in the past, you need to move with the times if you want the club to keep up its status as a premier league club

We play in the biggest, best and most powerful league in the world and to grow we need owners who can make us a global brand, which makes us attractive to football fans worldwide

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 4020 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 am

All the best everyone. Hopefully in a few days we will start hearing off new ownership and exciting plans.

Exciting times indeed.
This user liked this post: mill hill claret

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:17 am

Danieljwaterhouse wrote:
Totally agree, it’s the same band of old duffer happy clappers who hate change.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:53 am

Have faith in the take-over, and have faith that Mike Garlick and the other major shareholder JB structure the deal in such a way that the best interests of BFC and its fans are built into the contractual discussions and agreement

Best wishes to all clarets

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 am

You need to understand that a lot of us older Clarets still remember the horrendous times leading to the Orient game and the dangers that are always present when ambitious plans go wrong, perhaps our attitude has held the club back but Barry Kilby, and the current chairman ensured we were stable and never in danger of getting into serious trouble. If BK in particular give the new owners his blessing that will do for me.

fatboy47

Post by fatboy47 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:19 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:42 am
Genuine question, can anybody name a club in the whole of world football where this has happened?

Suggest you compare the Venky teamsheet on the week of their arrival with one from 2 years later...and consider the departure of a top (albeit corrupt) manager and his cheap yes-man replacement. Take a look at the knicker-wetting spunk stains crowded outside Ewood grovelling and abasing themselves at the feet of their first ever foreigner owners. Then look at the arrival of God knows how many Portuguese nobodies as the decent Prem players were ushered to the exits.

So... Similarities exist....even so close to home.

Yes... I'm sure the Venks had the best of intentions and didn't want to be left nursing what's now just a smelly carcass of a football club... But its what happened.

I'm praying that the new ownership helps us to progress to the next level as a club...really praying. But to take that for granted without some more idea of what's in store is juvenile and naive in the extreme.
Last edited by fatboy47 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martinc265
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by Martinc265 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:22 am

Right_winger wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:17 am
Not by me it’s not, first game v Spurs 1962, the sooner the takeover is complete the better then we can get the funding needed to push on.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:22 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Heaven help us. Maybe we should tell London Clarets to stop supporting us and all the other people who travel long distances to watch us.

We are a Premier League club and that’s been achieved because of a brilliant manager. That means every other part of the club needs to catch up or it will drag the football side back down. It needs the investment. These local people who run the club have been searching for international investment for some considerable time.

Yes, it would have been nice had that investment come from local people but it hasn’t.

I think we’ve reached the point of having a local club for local people or a club that can succeed in today’s football.
These 4 users liked this post: TsarBomba bfcjg tiger76 Vegas Claret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:28 am

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 am
You need to understand that a lot of us older Clarets still remember the horrendous times leading to the Orient game and the dangers that are always present when ambitious plans go wrong, perhaps our attitude has held the club back but Barry Kilby, and the current chairman ensured we were stable and never in danger of getting into serious trouble. If BK in particular give the new owners his blessing that will do for me.
I think, no I’m sure, that Barry is the one director that fans would trust more than any other on a personal level. We owe him a hell of a lot for his leadership over the years and we know that he’s one of us, a committed Claret.

We know he wouldn’t endorse anything that he didn’t think was in the best interests of Burnley Football Club although as a minority shareholder now he wouldn’t have much say.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts though. I know I respect his opinion.
These 2 users liked this post: fatboy47 Rumpelstiltskin

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:32 am

Right_winger wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:17 am
No it’s not. I’m in the old duffer category - less than 13 months now to my 70th birthday. Initially sceptical, I’ve found out as much as I possibly could and I do believe this will give us a real opportunity to compete.

So old, yes, happy clapper, I’ve been accused of, but hate change, absolutely not, I want what’s best for the club.
These 3 users liked this post: Aclaret mill hill claret NewClaret

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:06 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 am
Ah, the Orient game.

The only reference point we can use from our long and illustrious history.

The Orient game is as relevant as our glory years of the 60’s, but yet, we don’t refer to that period of time anywhere near as much.

Some fans really need to get with the times, and this small time, insular mentality does much to hold the club back.

Hopefully with this takeover, we will see real progression off the field, which 5 years in the Premier League should have already brought us.
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret gandhisflipflop

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:12 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:32 am
No it’s not. I’m in the old duffer category - less than 13 months now to my 70th birthday.
Not long till you hit your prime then CT ;)

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:18 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:28 am
I think, no I’m sure, that Barry is the one director that fans would trust more than any other on a personal level. We owe him a hell of a lot for his leadership over the years and we know that he’s one of us, a committed Claret.

We know he wouldn’t endorse anything that he didn’t think was in the best interests of Burnley Football Club although as a minority shareholder now he wouldn’t have much say.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts though. I know I respect his opinion.
If ALK really want to succeed, Barry is one person that they would be wise to keep onboard to help them understand the small details that could be the difference between being just successful and to be seen as being successful by the fans.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Rumpelstiltskin

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:33 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:12 pm
Not long till you hit your prime then CT ;)
That was a long time ago 😀

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:54 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:06 pm
Ah, the Orient game.

The only reference point we can use from our long and illustrious history.

The Orient game is as relevant as our glory years of the 60’s, but yet, we don’t refer to that period of time anywhere near as much.

Some fans really need to get with the times, and this small time, insular mentality does much to hold the club back.

Hopefully with this takeover, we will see real progression off the field, which 5 years in the Premier League should have already brought us.
1960 & 1987 are as relevant as each other, they are part of our history and significant times in our history. Those of us around in the early 60s could never have imagined 1987 happening but once it had we could never have even dreamed about the recent years.

They are all part of what we are and the next years will add to that. We have to look forward, not back. Back is history, forward is what we make of it.

I was worried when I heard of the potential investment plans over two years ago but it really is common sense to try to take the club forward. Once it’s happened, I look forward to hearing from Alan Pace and his team and how they plan to take us forward.
These 3 users liked this post: bfcjg gandhisflipflop TsarBomba

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 am
People like you are stuck in the past, you need to move with the times if you want the club to keep up its status as a premier league club

We play in the biggest, best and most powerful league in the world and to grow we need owners who can make us a global brand, which makes us attractive to football fans worldwide
Jesus Christ, an almighty whoosh required here. It was a sarcastic league of gentlemen type response. I think you will find I am in full agreement with you!

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:57 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:22 am
Heaven help us. Maybe we should tell London Clarets to stop supporting us and all the other people who travel long distances to watch us.

We are a Premier League club and that’s been achieved because of a brilliant manager. That means every other part of the club needs to catch up or it will drag the football side back down. It needs the investment. These local people who run the club have been searching for international investment for some considerable time.

Yes, it would have been nice had that investment come from local people but it hasn’t.

I think we’ve reached the point of having a local club for local people or a club that can succeed in today’s football.

Tony you should know from my previous posting that I was being sarcastic

Goody1975
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:20 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fortunately some of us know exactly what the meaning of your post was and where the quote comes from.
These 2 users liked this post: gandhisflipflop nil_desperandum

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Tony's confidence in the deal gives me confidence. I am mindful of our history and the Orient game IMHO was and is the glue that should bond us together to want only what is relevant and good for the club,if ALK is that then so be it and I as a tight fisted old fuddy duddy worrier will lighten up and welcome them with open arms.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:27 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:23 pm
Tony's confidence in the deal gives me confidence. I am mindful of our history and the Orient game IMHO was and is the glue that should bond us together to want only what is relevant and good for the club,if ALK is that then so be it and I as a tight fisted old fuddy duddy worrier will lighten up and welcome them with open arms.
It’s not so much confidence but believing that we have to take this step forward. I’ve heard nothing to suggest I should be overly concerned.
This user liked this post: bfcjg