Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
HahaYeah
Been Liked: 358 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

Post by HahaYeah » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:55 pm

It's a case of which club is going to dangle the most carrots to Maxwel. No wonder he was looking so happy in those recent videos.

It Is What It Is
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 407 times

Post by It Is What It Is » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Oh come on!!! We need a striker, a bloody good proven one. You can have all the defence and midfielders but we need a proven striker from the top leagues of Europe...even breaking £25million. We can afford it.
A good box player as well. Still plenty of time.
Clean sheet tonight would be the perfect start.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1219 times
Has Liked: 7211 times

Post by Quicknick » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:24 pm

I think it's pretty obvious we can't afford 25M.

Stu
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by Stu » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:40 pm

It Is What It Is wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Oh come on!!! We need a striker, a bloody good proven one. You can have all the defence and midfielders but we need a proven striker from the top leagues of Europe...even breaking £25million. We can afford it.
A good box player as well. Still plenty of time.
Clean sheet tonight would be the perfect start.
How on earth do you think we would or could spend £25m on a striker

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 289 times
Has Liked: 312 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:42 pm

What’s more out there?

Thinking we’d spend £25m on a striker, or thinking a £25m striker would come to the championship?

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:57 pm

A £25m striker would demand how much in wages? We just need to carry on recruiting like we are doing. We need to keep the wage bill down. Hungry players required with hopefully a striker whose % conversion rate is above average. We now know we will create the chances.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:54 am

Well that performance last night has put this to sleep for now
Play like that for much longer and the bigger fish will be flashing their cheque books at us even more
This user liked this post: bpgburn

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:57 am

Can imagine that performance might have helped make any players minds up that we’ll be a decent side this year.
This user liked this post: Stproc

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by bpgburn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:01 am

mdd2 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:54 am
Play like that for much longer and the bigger fish will be flashing their cheque books at us even more
That performance last night has gone a long way to prove that a lot of self proclaimed experts of all things football on here haven't got a clue what they are on about, who knew?!
This user liked this post: louieollie

kenyon6923
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by kenyon6923 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:04 am

if we can pull another Austin/Ings/Gray out the bag now could be a decent season, Barnes a bench player only but when no options will put a shift in like Jay.

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:07 am

kenyon6923 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:04 am
if we can pull another Austin/Ings/Gray out the bag now could be a decent season, Barnes a bench player only but when no options will put a shift in like Jay.
I think Jay Rod will flourish in this set up.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by Shaggy » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:10 am

bpgburn wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:07 am
I think Vydra would aswell. If only he was fit.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:11 am

I was more than happy with last nights performance but certainly not getting giddy.

A good championship side would have turned us over last night, no problems.

We played some excellent stuff but only scored the 1 goal, fortunately they were extremely poor.

It could have been a different outcome had we been playing a better side and the fans would have been saying we played some decent stuff but have come away empty handed

Lots of improvement needed but a great result to build on, although I for one won't be getting giddy as we are still short in numbers

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3607 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:25 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:11 am
I was more than happy with last nights performance but certainly not getting giddy.

We played some excellent stuff but only scored the 1 goal, fortunately they were extremely poor.

It could have been a different outcome had we been playing a better side and the fans would have been saying we played some decent stuff but have come away empty handed

Lots of improvement needed but a great result to build on, although I for one won't be getting giddy as we are still short in numbers
‘A good championship side would have turned us over last night, no problems.’

Hmmm - having watched us get promoted out of this league three times and observed us at this level for the lions share of my time alive, I don’t think I’ve seen a more comprehensively dominant game ever, 0-1 or not. Sometimes the ball won’t go in, we missed a sitter, hit the post and had a stonewall pen turned down. They had one shot over the bar and I cannot remember anything else?

A good Championship side would struggle just as badly against what we put out last night. It was total domination. When you control the ball at such a level for 70% of the game, the other team is invariably chasing shadows. They could not handle the press, we were fitter, quicker and stronger. Do I think last night means we will win the league easily? No, of course not - it’s a tough division. Do I feel it’s put a marker down and said to the other favourites that we are to be feared? Absolutely.
These 3 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret louieollie Greenmile

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:28 am

Crikey Top, that is an, er, "interesting" point of view

I get that its early, but that was a pretty impressive marker for a first game

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:29 am

A lot of talk about how poor Huddersfield was, they are a decent side as last season & the 2nd half showed, it was our pressing, ball retention and momentum that made them look poor.

MDWat
Been Liked: 879 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:31 am

Top Claret wrote:

That’s some rough drugs you’ve taken!
This user liked this post: louieollie

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:32 am

What Jedi said and maybe those missed chances may spur Mr Pace to stretch things a tad to get in a Gray Ings or Austin if we can find one even if on loan.
Be nice to be able to sign the two loanees in January as we did with Ben and Tripps in 2011

Goalposts
Been Liked: 562 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:35 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:25 am

Hmmm - having watched us get promoted out of this league three times and observed us at this level for the lions share of my time alive, I don’t think I’ve seen a more comprehensively dominant game ever, 0-1 or not. Sometimes the ball won’t go in, we missed a sitter, hit the post and had a stonewall pen turned down. They had one shot over the bar and I cannot remember anything else?

A good Championship side would struggle just as badly against what we put out last night. It was total domination. When you control the ball at such a level for 70% of the game, the other team is invariably chasing shadows. They could not handle the press, we were fitter, quicker and stronger. Do I think last night means we will win the league easily? No, of course not - it’s a tough division. Do I feel it’s put a marker down and said to the other favourites that we are to be feared? Absolutely.

I remember games in the prem that we won with the same possession that Huddersfield had last night , so we will have results that go against us this season, however playing this way will be very entertaining, with the the intensity levels required numbers in the squad will be important, so there’s a lot still to be tested yet, and brought in, I think that KOMPANY fit requirements may actually be higher than dyche fit

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:38 am

[/quote]

Yes we dominated 70% of play but we only scored 1 goal. Now that would have been the problem against a better side who would have made us pay 2nd half, they would have had the quality to open us up has at times we did look exposed at the back

Happy with the result and performance but not getting carried away as there is room for much improvement, against a better side we would have been made to pay for our lack of goals

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:39 am

Top claret was telling everyone before the game Hudd would hammer us

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:42 am

mdd2 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:32 am
What Jedi said and maybe those missed chances may spur Mr Pace to stretch things a tad to get in a Gray Ings or Austin if we can find one even if on loan.
Be nice to be able to sign the two loanees in January as we did with Ben and Tripps in 2011
IF we can get promoted, I think there's a good chance we could sign THB, City are blessed and can afford to buy the best in the world.

I can't see a cat in hells chance of Chelsea selling Maatsen though. A big future in front of him

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1511 times
Has Liked: 582 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:43 am

Top Claret wrote:

Mental.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 756 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am

Can we stick to the topic of transfers please?
These 3 users liked this post: Quicknick ebby Middle-agedClaret

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:52 am

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:38 am

Yes we dominated 70% of play but we only scored 1 goal. Now that would have been the problem against a better side who would have made us pay 2nd half, they would have had the quality to open us up has at times we did look exposed at the back

Happy with the result and performance but not getting carried away as there is room for much improvement, against a better side we would have been made to pay for our lack of goals
[/quote]

We missed chances, but we all knew we needed a striker before kickoff, and there's still 4 weeks to go in the window.
I don't recall us being exposed last night at all, even so it would be a miracle if we went through the season and never faced a shot on target.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:13 am

mdd2 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:54 am
Just the opposite IMO. It showed we need a striker, all that posession and chances and we only scored one goal.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:18 am

Firthy wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:13 am
Just the opposite IMO. It showed we need a striker, all that posession and chances and we only scored one goal.
Definitely need a striker as we can't rely on our full back popping up with a goal every game.

But that is hardly a trade secret in the football world, and any forwards we're linked with will no doubt have their fees bumped up.

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:19 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:39 am
Top claret was telling everyone before the game Hudd would hammer us
Hence that "trying to save face" post of his....

...Anyway, back to the subject matter, any rumours?
This user liked this post: Quicknick

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:21 am

bpgburn wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:19 am

Nothing new today. Only thing to add is Kompany saying post match there might be a few deals close ish and he wants more bodies.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:32 am

Just as I say that, it seems we’ve upped our bid for Manuel Benson to 4m euros

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/stat ... 1UqI5aOF0w
This user liked this post: jedi_master

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1625 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:33 am

Delap ?

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:59 am

bpgburn wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:19 am

Rubbish not trying to save face at all, just giving you my opinion and will stick by it.

The way you lot go on is embarrassing you would think that the only thing we have to do is turn up for 3pts.

The lot of you come across as wet behind the ears and very little knowledge or experience of watching the game

Let me tell you this and VK will agree with me that we are in for a tough season and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves

Robbo1882
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Robbo1882 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:04 pm

Wow try and be a little upbeat, you’re make me feel miserable

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:20 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:04 am
One of our own getting a place in the team? We're way short on those positions. Lennon has gone, JBG cannot be relied upon and this should hopefully be his last season (VK might even be looking to offload him given the opportunity), we have lost Dwight and Cornet is going. Sounds like Brownhill might play a bit more advanced but e are missing true No10 type players - I personally think we need at least two more.

If McAtee is available on loan AND they can do a deal for O'Hare too this would give us much better options. Whilst loans are not ideal (and nobody wants a squad full of loans), I want to watch an exciting, successful team so don't really mind if that means us having 3 or 4 loans within the squad - especially if they are players of McAtee's ability.
I am thinking we’ve got Brownhill, Bastien, then Tucker/Costelloe and maybe Twine (but I think he might play further forward) that can play the attacking midfielder role. I just think if we got a loan in that position he’d expect to play every week & that would prevent one of the above developing in some way.

Although, like you say, it’s a long season & I think we’re crying out for a striker so would prefer funds prioritised in that direction!

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:27 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:29 am
A lot of talk about how poor Huddersfield was, they are a decent side as last season & the 2nd half showed, it was our pressing, ball retention and momentum that made them look poor.
As well as we played they were poor.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:28 pm

Two big rumours today, yet little mention on this thread.... Sums it up
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:28 pm

Darko Churlinov is sparking interest from English side Burnley. Vincent Kompany is big fan & an offer is ready to be submitted.

{Stuttgarter Nachrichten via SportMedia}
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Stayingup
Been Liked: 924 times
Has Liked: 2757 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:32 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens with Maxwel this coming week. I think he would have had a ball last night. If he hasn't gone by next week then as VK has said he will need to integrate into the team/ squad. What a boon that would be.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1189 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:32 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:20 pm
I am thinking we’ve got Brownhill, Bastien, then Tucker/Costelloe and maybe Twine (but I think he might play further forward) that can play the attacking midfielder role. I just think if we got a loan in that position he’d expect to play every week & that would prevent one of the above developing in some way.

Although, like you say, it’s a long season & I think we’re crying out for a striker so would prefer funds prioritised in that direction!
“Prefer funds prioritised in that direction” bearing in mind the money generated already from the 3 & put the CW cash on top & then whatever MC goes for the money should already be there & plentiful at that to quite frankly go in any direction & that’s without even going into whatever savings on wages been made god only knows!

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:33 pm

Stoke are being reported as having interest in signing Delap on loan

His dad is a first team coach there

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:35 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:32 am
Just as I say that, it seems we’ve upped our bid for Manuel Benson to 4m euros

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/stat ... 1UqI5aOF0w
We don't need him unless he's gonna play striker.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:37 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:35 pm
We don't need him unless he's gonna play striker.
Think Kompany does like to have a quick / skilful winger in his squad too though? Amuzu at Anderlecht is more a winger than attacking mid type isn’t he?

forzagranata
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by forzagranata » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:43 pm

Can you imagine us if we had Cornet in the Costelloe role?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:48 pm

Taylor surprising to us all, looked very good at CB. We had 4 central defenders in reserve (Long, Thomas, CJ, Mcnally), how many central defenders does a team need? If Taylor is the permanent guy, we don't need Hendry. Infact, we could probably shed 1 or 2 (loan Thomas out, sell Long).

Whilst Westwood is injured we don't really have cover for Cork/Cullen, could drop Brownhill deeper I suppose. Does Brownhill drop deeper anyway if O'Hare signs? So you end up with Brownhill Cullen Twine O'Hare as the 4. Adam Phillips staying/going?

Where does Benson fit into this side? JBG, Brownhill, Twine, Tucker, Philips, Bastien, O'Hare(hopefully) fighting for the 2 roles. Apparently VK was impressed with Tucker but he didn't even make the bench.

Costelleo played well, surprised to see no Richardson, is he injured again? along with Barnes and Rodriguez. That's 4 striking options, we probably need to add 1 and loan out Richardson.

The squad to me looks pretty beefy, striker and O'Hare will do.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:48 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:07 am
Unfortunately as "age" kicks in not always available.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:54 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:37 pm
Think Kompany does like to have a quick / skilful winger in his squad too though? Amuzu at Anderlecht is more a winger than attacking mid type isn’t he?
was an interesting formation, was more like a 4231 than a 4222, Costelloe was pretty wide on the right. I thought the Brazilian lad did pretty well wide right too, that volley he hit was flying in if it wasn't blocked.

NickBFC
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 291 times

Post by NickBFC » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:28 pm
Darko Churlinov is sparking interest from English side Burnley. Vincent Kompany is big fan & an offer is ready to be submitted.

{Stuttgarter Nachrichten via SportMedia}
On loan at Schalke last season who can't afford to buy him. Scored the winner last night for Stuttgart in the cup. Apparently they aren't keen on selling him.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 904 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 pm

Top Claret wrote:

Huddersfield finished third last season. We restricted them to zero shots on target and our goalkeeper didn’t have a single save to make. They couldn’t even get the ball off us, let alone mount any tangible attacks.

In what parallel universe would a decent Championship team have turned us over?
These 3 users liked this post: Burnley Ace Quicknick Juan Tanamera

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:12 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:25 am

Whilst it's 1-0, it's never over though. I wouldn't have been surprised to see Huddersfield equalise in the last minute from that freekick, just how the Championship is. We should've been out of sight, if we have Ings/Gray instead of Barnes, we are out of sight no question.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:21 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... squad.html

Cornet to Newcastle?

Sounds like they are keen but don’t want the pay the 17.5m clause in one go.

Therefore we are asking for 25m over a longer period.