Season tickets next season

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Re: Season tickets next season

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm
Well yes, that’s what the owners are hoping will happen. That doesn’t make it the right thing to do in an ethical sense does it?
They're still amongst the cheapest in the top 2 divisions and you have a choice not to buy one. Plus, if you're big on ethics, you're probably following the wrong sport.
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm
I don't support Man City. Every season is "gamble" and "if". That's why I go.
Well of course. I was referring to the new strategy of binning off the concessions to try and grab more cash.

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 pm

IAmAClaret wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm
The problem with season tickets, is that they don't actually bring that much in, whilst putting a strain on 10,000 supporters.

They bring in less than £5m. That £5m that gets quickly spent in a 30 minute discussion about a transfer, and it's not really needed anymore, it's just greed.
Plus matchday revenue, plus club shop, plus christmas and birthdays, plus lotteries, plus social media engagement. And that argument only holds whilst we're getting Prem money. And if and when that stops, the prices need to be at an acceptable revenue generating level becasue we will need the money.

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm
Well of course. I was referring to the new strategy of binning off the concessions to try and grab more cash.
I'm a "legacy supporter". Every club would shift us out in a heartbeat if they could fill the stadium with cash-rich tourists.

At some point it will get too expensive, or I'll tire of the Premier League WWF show every week and go and watch Accy or Colne.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm
I'm a "legacy supporter". Every club would shift us out in a heartbeat if they could fill the stadium with cash-rich tourists.

At some point it will get too expensive, or I'll tire of the Premier League WWF show every week and go and watch Accy or Colne.
I suspect you're correct, sadly. Though not many clubs would shift out the legacy supporters when they can't fill the stadium with cash-rich tourists. Let's see how our experiment goes.

I might join you at the non-league grounds.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm
They're still amongst the cheapest in the top 2 divisions and you have a choice not to buy one. Plus, if you're big on ethics, you're probably following the wrong sport.
Obviously I have a choice to not to buy one, that doesn’t stop me having a view on the price rises. I don’t follow football for ethical reasons, I follow it because I find it hugely entertaining. My point was we are branded as a community club, ‘Together we are one’, yet the price rises are purely an attempt to squeeze more money out of fans, and edge out the concession categories to make room for more profitable ‘fans’. And this isn’t a one-off, it will happen incrementally season upon season. A promotion next season would be the perfect opportunity to accelerate price rises even more. That’s not what football has ever been about and we don’t have to be ok with that.

I was speaking to a Hudds Town season ticket holder mate today who pays about £250 for his ST, a price which I believe hasn’t increased for a number of years.

The timing isn’t great as the club are transparently looking to aggressively trade players to return a profit, and this season it has been at the cost of entertainment. Entertainment that we’ve paid for. If the club needed the money then fair enough, if it made a significant difference to its revenue then fair enough. But this isn’t the case, so I think people are perfectly within reason to question this - and that isn’t ‘bleating’.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin nil_desperandum

The Shire Claret
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by The Shire Claret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

I do totally understand why people are annoyed … especially when some prices have gone up so much compared to last season and the season previous. Especially for the seniors and u22

I had a look back and my season ticket in 2008 was £398 … and it’s £457 this season

My lads was £90 and now it’s £125

When you look at it that was and compare our prices to other PL and Championship teams … we are still very cheap and it’s bonkers how little it’s gone up in the last 16 years

I booked an escape room for Easter …. £70 for an hour ….

I know at times this season I’ve wanted to escape turf moor but compared to other forms of entertainment … £24 for me and the lad to watch the clarets is great value

I have however stopped using the catering due to getting rid of the deals and in comparison to outside the stadium , it’s not longer worth it. I’ll bring a bag in

——

The owners do want to make more money out of us … that much is obvious

But I think they are doing it in the frame of mind if getting us back in line with 2024 prices and still being one of the cheapest in the PL

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret AGENT_CLARET

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm
This is true. But that doesn’t make it right, or mean we have to accept that BFC has joined this club.

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

I might join you at the non-league grounds.
I'll buy you a Bovril.

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 196 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

Whilst I think prices for concessions have increased too quickly, I am surprised by the level of anger at the prices. The average concession ticket is still about 30% cheaper than the average adult price ticket - how much of a discount do people want?
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

ksrclaret

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm
I'll buy you a Bovril.
Cheers pal 👍

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm
This is true. But that doesn’t make it right, or mean we have to accept that BFC has joined this club.
There's a lot that's not right. If the players that earn more in a week than most of the supporters do in a year had a bit of community spirit and took a 5% pay cut, we could all go and watch for free. But they won't. Then there's the concourse prices, the price of merch, the diving, VAR, the apalling referreing we're subjected to, the fact that football is becoming a non-contact sport, the idiotic rule changes - all of these have made me question whether I've had enough. I watch far less football than I used to. I've cancelled Sky, I couldn't care less about cups, Europe or internationals. Season ticket prices are the next in the queue - they were bound to go up eventually and to me at least they seem ok for the market we're aiming to compete in. I've no issue with people not accepting it - just don't renew, pick and choose your games next season as a walk on and save some money.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Bought our today £552 for 2 seniors in Upper North stand it was £714 but we've not been able to attend all games so had some credit in the bank to use against purchasing season tickets
The idea of bring able to bank against future spends including away and season tickets is an excellent idea.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm
Bought our today £552 for 2 seniors in Upper North stand it was £714 but we've not been able to attend all games so had some credit in the bank to use against purchasing season tickets
The idea of bring able to bank against future spends including away and season tickets is an excellent idea.
It is a good idea, perhaps they’d like to introduce the same to the whole ground next season

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm
It is a good idea, perhaps they’d like to introduce the same to the whole ground next season
I would be surprised if it's needed next season.
They will have 3 or 4k tickets to shift of their own first.

But at least they have thr technology in place if needed. Especially later on in the season.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 pm

While being sensitive to any fan badly affected by the increased cost and understanding why many are against it I can see why the club have done this

The Shire Claret
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by The Shire Claret » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm
I would be surprised if it's needed next season.
They will have 3 or 4k tickets to shift of their own first.

But at least they have thr technology in place if needed. Especially later on in the season.
I actually think we will sell out the ST allocation again

The likely event we get relegated fans will not want to miss a potential repeat of last time

If we stay up fans will be buzzing due to the only way that’s possible is to win a lot of games and will be a case of the young lads have clicked.

UTC

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4036 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am
Renewal is under serious consideration for me. I pay for my (young adult) children's tickets and the increase for me is significant in the CFS for 1x U22 (aged 19), 1 x adult (aged 23) and my adult ticket. I pay for them because times are difficult for youngsters at the moment and they're getting screwed over financially across the board right now (cost of living etc).

Add that to my 400 mile round trip each home game, the schedule changes that mean I miss midweek games (only been a couple I'll have missed this season, but next season the "extra" games are of no benefit to me in total). Granted my circumstances are extreme compared to "local" fans but the reasons I reconsider every year include VFM - and this may push it out of my interest.

The reality is though that the cost of the ticket(s) per game isn't that much as part of the day of entertainment for me, I have fuel costs, food costs, occasional hotel costs (I'm getting older and cant always do the drive in a day!) but it is part of the consideration, and one day (may be this year after our current season) I decide enough is enough and we do something different on a weekend visit.
Hi Rick are you row K by any chance? Two lads who are pretty tall fella's?

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

The Shire Claret wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm
I actually think we will sell out the ST allocation again

The likely event we get relegated fans will not want to miss a potential repeat of last time

If we stay up fans will be buzzing due to the only way that’s possible is to win a lot of games and will be a case of the young lads have clicked.

UTC
They might do.

But as others have suggested, they might reduce the number of STs available, to maximise game revenue.

At the moment I'm only renewing 2 of the 4 STs we have.
Probably get 3 if we can move to the CF stand.

I go to games for atmosphere and this season has been appalling. I can see the game better on the TV.

Pricing out u22 will not help the atmosphere.
This user liked this post: The Shire Claret

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 pm
While being sensitive to any fan badly affected by the increased cost and understanding why many are against it I can see why the club have done this
Is it by chance they think they might make more money ?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am
Hi Rick are you row K by any chance? Two lads who are pretty tall fella's?
Nah, that’s not me - I’m in Row N right next to away fans… that, and I’m not tall :D
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

morninbob
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by morninbob » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am

Superb comment by woody on from the bee hole podcast,

"The butty box and flask brigade in the bob lord, you old b@$tards don't make us any money"
This user liked this post: forzagranata

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am

I feel we are witnessing a bit of King Canuteism here.
I do understand concerns of the whole match costings. For me, I just don't spend on extras. I choose not to have pre or post match beers. I don't go in the club shop and I certainly don't use the club catering. Haven't bought a programme for many years. What I love is a game of football and my desire for our club and our team to be as successful as possible whilst realising that money often determines levels of on field achievements. Even last season when my hopes were high, I never 'expected' to win games of football. If we are top of the league and we're at home to the out of form bottom of the table team, I don't expect us to claim an easy 3 points. All points have to be earned on the day. We often read of comments berating fans of bigger clubs for their sense of entitlement and yet I often hear us being guilty of the same in different scenarios.
Coming back to pricing, we can't expect costs to be gauged in line with the population size of the town of Burnley and in the next breath expect us to compete at the levels of big city clubs. We will never strike the balance that will suit everyone. With the cost of fuel I would say that all who can walk to the ground are already quids in compared to those who have to use any kind of transport so every single one of us have to balance and prioritise our finances. This unfortunately is just another example of inflationary pricing which always seems bigger than it is with a yearly increase, rather than a daily or weekly price increase, but maybe it softens the blow if we take it in perspective.

Price increase per game, price increase by monthly instalments and total league table price lists.

Yesterday I retired from my 30 hour a week driving job. I will have to make some financial adjustments. I will choose to keep my ST. I will have to make my financial adjustments elsewhere. We all have to decide on monetary priorities. Commiserations to those who have to consider whether to keep their season tickets. There will be a day when I may have to give up on attending due to pricing. Thankfully that time hasn't arrived just yet.
These 3 users liked this post: alwaysaclaret Miguel Falcon

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

After a couple of days cooling off period, can't help but think that a 20% increase across the board for instance would have been much fairer and better received amongst fans, than the unfair set of increases they've announced. My birthday falls on 5th August, so last season missed the over 65 concession by virtue of the cut off being 1st August, yet the season I think didn't start till 12th, which was somewhat annoying. Although I now qualify for the concession price, so reduction down from the new price of £504 to £346 almost feels like an increase because of such a big rise in the over 65s price. Just doesn't sit right, also taking into account the increase in concourse prices, after what now seemed like a honeymoon period with these new owners they now seem to be doing their best to drive people away.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 am

Interesting in a way that the thread rages on and it's never mentioned that the divide is entirely between people who think it's good BFC is being run to maximise ALK's profit at the expense of fans and people who think it's bad.
This user liked this post: mickleoverclaret

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 443 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am
I do understand concerns of the whole match costings. For me, I just don't spend on extras. I choose not to have pre or post match beers. I don't go in the club shop and I certainly don't use the club catering. Haven't bought a programme for many years. What I love is a game of football and my desire for our club and our team to be as successful as possible whilst realising that money often determines levels of on field achievements. Even last season when my hopes were high, I never 'expected' to win games of football. If we are top of the league and we're at home to the out of form bottom of the table team, I don't expect us to claim an easy 3 points. All points have to be earned on the day. We often read of comments berating fans of bigger clubs for their sense of entitlement and yet I often hear us being guilty of the same in different scenarios.
Coming back to pricing, we can't expect costs to be gauged in line with the population size of the town of Burnley and in the next breath expect us to compete at the levels of big city clubs. We will never strike the balance that will suit everyone. With the cost of fuel I would say that all who can walk to the ground are already quids in compared to those who have to use any kind of transport so every single one of us have to balance and prioritise our finances. This unfortunately is just another example of inflationary pricing which always seems bigger than it is with a yearly increase, rather than a daily or weekly price increase, but maybe it softens the blow if we take it in perspective.

Price increase per game, price increase by monthly instalments and total league table price lists.

Yesterday I retired from my 30 hour a week driving job. I will have to make some financial adjustments. I will choose to keep my ST. I will have to make my financial adjustments elsewhere. We all have to decide on monetary priorities. Commiserations to those who have to consider whether to keep their season tickets. There will be a day when I may have to give up on attending due to pricing. Thankfully that time hasn't arrived just yet.
Well said here DC, my philosophy being very similar, still doesn't make the different levels of increase any easier to swallow though. I too will be on the turf next season, but if this trend continues which I just have a feeling it could, although this may well be determined by the inevitable reduction in attendance imo, I may well have to think again.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1075 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am
They might do.

But as others have suggested, they might reduce the number of STs available, to maximise game revenue.

At the moment I'm only renewing 2 of the 4 STs we have.
Probably get 3 if we can move to the CF stand.

I go to games for atmosphere and this season has been appalling. I can see the game better on the TV.

Pricing out u22 will not help the atmosphere.
Me and my son are moving out of the CFS next season during the seat swop hopefully, my grandson is coming with us for his first ever season and the CFS is not the place for a small child so they'll be at least two seat's available for you :P

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 610 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am

Apologies if already discussed, but I sit in between two pensioners in the BLS, and both when the subject of renewals has been discussed in the past say the same thing. “At £275 a season, we’d be daft to give up these seats, we can pick and choose our games”. They go to about half the matches. I’d be interested to hear what they say about the increase on Tuesday if they’re there.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but it does appear to me that we were undercharging previously, especially in the Bob Lord which must be 40/50% concessions.

Miguel
Been Liked: 6 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Miguel » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 am

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am

Possibly the most sensible post ever to appear on here.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:09 am

Winstonswhite wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am
Apologies if already discussed, but I sit in between two pensioners in the BLS, and both when the subject of renewals has been discussed in the past say the same thing. “At £275 a season, we’d be daft to give up these seats, we can pick and choose our games”. They go to about half the matches. I’d be interested to hear what they say about the increase on Tuesday if they’re there.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but it does appear to me that we were undercharging previously, especially in the Bob Lord which must be 40/50% concessions.
Now we have built the fan base up. There is an argument that the central seats in Bob Lord, Longside upper and Jimmy Mc upper should be charged full price with no concessions. Making the most out of our best seats.

That would enable cheaper tickets in the wings or lower stands where you get wet.

It never used to be a problem though.

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 1063 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 am

I remember that the continual criticism of Garlick running the club was that we were becoming less competitive with each passing season due to his careful financial planning. The call was generally, on here, for him to change that financial planning or sell up to someone more prepared to attempt to be more competitive financially. It was also aggressive and abusive 'advice'.
At the time of the sale, ALK seemed the only suitable option from those interested parties identified.
Me buying a ST is firstly to guarantee me a match seat. Secondly to give financial support to my club.
If there is a single individual, cash rich, Burnley supporting benefactor and billionaire out there, I will personally contact him to try and persuade him to buy our club.
In his absence I have to support the current owners in the knowledge that they want on field success to help them make as much money as possible for themselves and fellow investors. If we wish to be as competitive as we possibly can be, what other options do we have?

Are we all in or not?
What does continual sniping achieve?
When ALK sell up, who do you expect to takeover and what do you think their financial plan will be? At the selling price it will only be available to a financial consortium. If you hadn't noticed the financial running of football clubs at our level is not changing, it has already changed. Do we get on the bus and see where it takes us, or do choose not to get on the bus and just wave it goodbye. I think the majority want the adventure even if they don't like where we are right this minute, ie in the bottom 3 and staring relegation in the face. For us the journey will be a rocky one, fraught with dangers. There is no safe journey ahead. Strap yourself in and get onside, have a longer term vision and look forward positively. Until a better alternative comes along and I don't see it anytime soon this is where we are.

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

I think each persons situation is different and we will
Never please all.

My ticket (JH Upper wings) hasn’t moved much. I’m 36 and could stomach/absorb any sort of rise - I’m not sure the 18-22 year olds could, that’s a huge rise for someone that age. I’d rather pay a bit more so they could pay less, that’s our future fan base there.

OAPs you don’t like to see going up but I don’t really buy the narrative that most of them need a concession tbh.
These 2 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET Rick_Muller

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 pm

JR1882 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm
I think each persons situation is different and we will
Never please all.

OAPs you don’t like to see going up but I don’t really buy the narrative that most of them need a concession tbh.
That may we’ll be true but on the other hand there will be plenty that have been watching the clarets since the early sixties and before, they’ve paid their money throughout that time and it’s a way of giving a little bit back to them by qualifying for concessions. I think though the current owners are going to slowly phase out concessions for seniors, although that’s dependant on how long they hang around.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 pm

Winstonswhite wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am

Two things from this.

Firstly, they will then use the ticket exchange and get half their money back, so it costs £140 per season and they can pick the best games. Further supports your point. If they choose not to use the exchange, they must have plenty of cash and can’t be concerned about a price hike.

Secondly, the club would then sell those tickets on, and may make more money from them than they do from a normal adult seat.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1637 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 pm

I was always going to end my season ticket soon because of age and living in Lincoln with no transport.
I match last season v Coventry and none this season so far .
However no one has mentioned that parachute payments are expected to be stopped in the very near future as all Championship clubs are livid that the 3 relegated teams have a financial advantage on the other 21 teams
If this happens and Burnley don’t stay in the Premier League then the Clarets will struggle to get top half of Championship because other clubs will get bigger gates and bigger revenue.
If this happens then gates at Turf could drop to 10,000 and then Mr Pace would be wishing he had not forced Season ticket holders ( mainly pensioners) to end their involvement
Just a thought
UTC

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 pm

Coeus wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

just vote with your feet or stop bleating
Sounds like a terrible idea, the owners should be doing everything in their power to keep the local community attending games not encouraging fans to “vote with their feet”.

It’s absolutely imperative for a club like us to scoop up the next generation of local football fans and make sure they chose BFC.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 pm

18-22 are typically broke students living in a poor part of the country, yet they’ve seen the biggest rise. ALK showing they don’t really get it, no matter how hard they try too.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am
Is it by chance they think they might make more money ?
This thread is extensive and there are many opinions and I’m sure that is one of them. I suspect yours is a rhetorical question that doesn’t need an offer of an answer.
While I could expand I would only be repeating what some others have said which wouldn’t be productive at this moment as the thread needs some new originality to the argument

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 pm

Some really terrible opinions in this thread, completely lacking any nuance at all.

Like I posted earlier ITT, it's not just this one increase (which is bad enough as is), it's what happens in another 2-3 seasons... Because on the current trajectory a whole lot of legacy fans, if they remain a ST holder, will probably be paying 1.25 - 2 times the amount that they did 5 seasons prior.

That's how this stuff works.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 pm
Some really terrible opinions in this thread, completely lacking any nuance at all.

Like I posted earlier ITT, it's not just this one increase (which is bad enough as is), it's what happens in another 2-3 seasons... Because on the current trajectory a whole lot of legacy fans, if they remain a ST holder, will probably be paying 1.25 - 2 times the amount that they did 5 seasons prior.

According to an earlier post some of us might not be around to witness this 'stuff'. Aren't we the lucky ones? 🤔😒

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 pm
According to an earlier post some of us might not be around to witness this 'stuff'. Aren't we the lucky ones? 🤔😒
Don't want to go off on too much of a tangent, but a lot of opinions such as that these days, the type that only seem to consider how something will affect them for the here and now without consideration for anyone else and the longer term is probably a reflection on where the Country has headed in general over the past 14 years.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 pm

I’m saving up my annoyance energy for the day they ever try to start charging carers for going on

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1075 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 pm
I’m saving up my annoyance energy for the day they ever try to start charging carers for going on
They should

Sproggy

Post by Sproggy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 pm

"Current trajectory" is that average ST prices have gone up about 70 quid in 10 years at a rate far lower than inflation.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:05 pm
They should
I suppose that pinpoints that no matter how reasonable you think you are being some will find it unreasonable. I suppose life would be dull otherwise

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 pm
"Current trajectory" is that average ST prices have gone up about 70 quid in 10 years at a rate far lower than inflation.
Would it not be more meaningful to consider how much they've risen under the current owners?
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

Claretmisterg
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 338 times

Post by Claretmisterg » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 pm

Looking at this seasons prices in isolation for the NSU then the concession price looks quite generous. However the price hike from last season, which is the yardstick for existing ST holders, is like a kick in the balls. It drives home the fact that the club administration don’t give a toss about me as a loyal fam who has paid for, and attended, the majority of home games over the last 55 years.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat nil_desperandum

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Claretmisterg wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 pm
Looking at this seasons prices in isolation for the NSU then the concession price looks quite generous. However the price hike from last season, which is the yardstick for existing ST holders, is like a kick in the balls. It drives home the fact that the club administration don’t give a toss about me as a loyal fam who has paid for, and attended, the majority of home games over the last 55 years.
Spot on.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 pm

Claretmisterg wrote:
👆 Exactly this 👆

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 pm

Claretmisterg wrote:
So you're saying it should work as a loyalty bonus rather than based upon age? At what point do you start introducing this long term fan bonus?

Someone watching for 55 years could be 60. Are you saying we bring in the discount for 60 year olds?