ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Re: ALK Capital or Farnell/Elkashashy takeover

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:41 pm

Didn’t Watkins go for nearly £30m to Villa without kicking a ball in the Premier League ?
Bowen to West Ham
Adams to Southampton for £20m
Spence to spurs £15m

There are too many examples to mention. Probably easier to list those players without PL experience who cost less than £10m !

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 pm
I think "we're continuing to put up money to improve the squad" is disingenuous, to say the least. Perhaps he should have said "we're continuing to let the club spend £1 on transfers for every £9 we take out" would be more accurate.

I have yet to see anything to convince me that ALKs primary purpose is anything other than taking money out of the club.
I would not say it was a "shell game" but there are a lot of people being dazzled by what is happening on the pitch who are not seeing what has and is going on off it.

Pace is obviously talking to publications like this because he is looking for new money/investment - you will find that historically Mike Smith has only talked to business/financial media in relation to our club as well - for now Stuart Hunt, Dave Checketts and Antonio Parra have kept stum, which for Checketts in particular is a pretty remarkable state of affairs

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:45 pm

It makes a difference that we're going up. Unless we sell them in the Summer of 2023 they need to impress in their Prem or people will lose interest.

Lots of good examples above but I don't think there'll be anywhere near as many of good Championship players not performing once they get to the Prem and still going for those fees.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2064 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:48 pm

Top scorers have often had a decent fee, but not many actually make it as Prem footballers.

Of course, if Benson scores 20 goals for us he could rocket in value.

I presume all the other players you both mention had 'Premier league physique'?

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:00 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 pm
I would not say it was a "shell game" but there are a lot of people being dazzled by what is happening on the pitch who are not seeing what has and is going on off it.

A lot of people don't actually care what's going on off the pitch
The only conversations I have with other fans, or hear in the pub before and after the game, and in the stands during the game is how well we are playing, how good player X is. Not once have I heard any discussion about how loans are structured, or if accounts have been filed on time or not

I realise its important stuff, but to a lot of fans it's something that's being dealt with, and most actually trust Alan Pace.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:00 pm

always fascinates me what twists in a thread sets it back up and running again - I would have though my posts from last week would have encouraged more debate than an almost aside within an article in an obscure Private Equity journal, but it goes to show how little I know?

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:05 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:00 pm
A lot of people don't actually care what's going on off the pitch
The only conversations I have with other fans, or hear in the pub before and after the game, and in the stands during the game is how well we are playing, how good player X is. Not once have I heard any discussion about how loans are structured, or if accounts have been filed on time or not

I realise its important stuff, but to a lot of fans it's something that's being dealt with, and most actually trust Alan Pace.
I get that and have acknowledged much the same previously, though my take would be that for the most part they have hope in what they think Pace is trying to do rather than trust him at this point.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:09 pm

My experience with my mates is that we have often talked about the clubs finances and the takeover.
I’d be amazed if there are many supporters who have not had a few conversations about the takeover and the amount of player sales.
It is possible to be happy about the position on the pitch and concerned or ask questions about the position off the pitch.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:12 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:41 pm
Didn’t Watkins go for nearly £30m to Villa without kicking a ball in the Premier League ?
Bowen to West Ham
Adams to Southampton for £20m
Spence to spurs £15m

There are too many examples to mention. Probably easier to list those players without PL experience who cost less than £10m !
I remember when Utd signed Smalling from Fulham for £10 million and he'd played about half a dozen games for them

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:09 pm
It is possible to be happy about the position on the pitch and concerned or ask questions about the position off the pitch.
Oh indeed, as a number of us have borne witness too on this board

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:18 pm

What is interesting about all these Championship players to the Prem being quoted is that for the most part there was a time when many would have been in our 'crosshairs' as potential targets but never at the prices they went for - these are the examples what I was talking about previously when I said a number of our rivals blew our model out of the water - it is interesting just to work out how many have increased in value since they were sold at these prices

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:21 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
My experience with my mates is that we have often talked about the clubs finances and the takeover.
I’d be amazed if there are many supporters who have not had a few conversations about the takeover and the amount of player sales.
At the time of the takeover, leading up to, and afterwards I would agree, but now, which is what we are talking about I just don't hear it.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:28 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:21 pm
At the time of the takeover, leading up to, and afterwards I would agree, but now, which is what we are talking about I just don't hear it.
We were still talking about it in the pub watching the England game against USA. It was a lot more interesting than the game !

I do have it on very reliable authority (as reliable as it could possibly get) that firstly our wage bill has been cut to a number in the 20 millions and that we definitely do have a buy out option for Beyer (they did not tell me the amount)

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:28 pm
We were still talking about it in the pub watching the England game against USA. It was a lot more interesting than the game !

I do have it on very reliable authority (as reliable as it could possibly get) that firstly our wage bill has been cut to a number in the 20 millions and that we definitely do have a buy out option for Beyer (they did not tell me the amount)
Talking to the wife was more interesting than that game

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:18 pm
What is interesting about all these Championship players to the Prem being quoted is that for the most part there was a time when many would have been in our 'crosshairs' as potential targets but never at the prices they went for - these are the examples what I was talking about previously when I said a number of our rivals blew our model out of the water - it is interesting just to work out how many have increased in value since they were sold at these prices
Some went backwards after failing to progress, Hogan was one, went to Villa for £10-12 million and just failed to develop

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:42 pm

ClaretInLeeds wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:23 pm
Don’t forget - we now have more “saleable” assets in the form of younger players. Vitinho, Benson, Zaroury, Cullen and Brownhill will all command large fees if we were to ever sell them. I would hazard a guess at them bringing in more money than Pope and Cornet too.
I take your point and it’s the way we must work now. Kompany himself has mentioned Brentford and Brighton as examples of clubs selling for big money and then bringing more potential into the club to sell further down the line.

However, Cullen and Vitinho aren’t that young and I haven’t seen anything in those two (particularly Vitinho) to suggest that we will sell them on for big money. Cullen is very tidy but is only a very good, 26 year old championship midfielder. If he was 21/22 it might have been a different story.

Zaroury, on the other hand, I could see going for crazy money if he keeps smashing it up this season.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:55 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:00 pm
always fascinates me what twists in a thread sets it back up and running again - I would have though my posts from last week would have encouraged more debate than an almost aside within an article in an obscure Private Equity journal, but it goes to show how little I know?
To be fair I didn’t comment on that as, like you said, we just don’t know what it’s suggesting, so I guess we’ll have to wait and see if anything comes out.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:59 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:42 pm
I take your point and it’s the way we must work now. Kompany himself has mentioned Brentford and Brighton as examples of clubs selling for big money and then bringing more potential into the club to sell further down the line.

However, Cullen and Vitinho aren’t that young and I haven’t seen anything in those two (particularly Vitinho) to suggest that we will sell them on for big money. Cullen is very tidy but is only a very good, 26 year old championship midfielder. If he was 21/22 it might have been a different story.

Zaroury, on the other hand, I could see going for crazy money if he keeps smashing it up this season.
Vitinho is the same age as Zaroury (22).

Some fair points but there’s around 6 others than Zaroury who could have some fair resale value if they develop with us (likes of Twine/Churlinov/Benson/Egan Riley/Mcnally).

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:06 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:59 pm

Some fair points but there’s around 6 others than Zaroury who could have some fair resale value if they develop with us (likes of Twine/Churlinov/Benson/Egan Riley/Mcnally).
I thought Vitinho was 25/26 - my mistake if this isn't the case (although I still think he's not a very good example of someone who could be sold on for big money). I agree with some of the other names you mention that could be sold for bigger money though.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:09 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:59 pm

I’d add Muric to that group. Obviously needs to develop in a few areas - but has the attributes to become a top GK if he can build on his strengths.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:13 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:06 pm
I thought Vitinho was 25/26 - my mistake if this isn't the case (although I still think he's not a very good example of someone who could be sold on for big money). I agree with some of the other names you mention that could be sold for bigger money though.
Ah he’s 23 my bad. Yeah I’ve not seen enough to suggest he has a high ceiling either. Though on his instagram recently he posted to say he will be targeting the next Brazil World Cup squad, so who knows!

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:02 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:20 pm
And, yet they've brought in Vincent Kompany as the club's manager and the team is, at this stage, top of the Championship playing exciting football.

UTC
Agreed. On the footballing side, they have done better than I could possibly have expected given that they have produced £160m in loans, player sales, and cash already in hand, and trousered £140m for themselves and spent £20m on a new squad. How many of us expected this standard of play given the money they have paid themselves?

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:03 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Exactly. On matchday I go to watch and enjoy the football, and the finances can go hang. Between matches is the time to worry (or perhaps not worry, since there's diddly squat we can do about it).

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1983 times
Has Liked: 2872 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:00 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:03 pm
Exactly. On matchday I go to watch and enjoy the football, and the finances can go hang. Between matches is the time to worry (or perhaps not worry, since there's diddly squat we can do about it).
Pretty much my overall view about it. My view; there’s nothing we can do about it, hope Pace is decent guy and continues to try to do his best for Burnley Football Club and sort out the finances as soon as possible… its in everyone’s interest.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:20 am
So, for the 2nd time this year Calder Vale Holdings Limited - the ALK vehicle that directly controls our club and which has received all those related company loans from the club - has been issued a First Gazette Notice for compulsory strike off * The accounts are almost 2 months overdue

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

I expect ALK Capital Limited and Velocity Sports Partners Limited to follow very quickly as they have both Accounts and Confirmation Statements overdue
ALK Capital
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/12880549
Velocity
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/12880579

If nothing is filed in the next few weeks at Kettering Capital Limited it will surely follow the same course
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/12975630

all very sloppy management you have to say
ALK Capital Ltd has been issued with a First Gazette Notice for a compulsory strike off

I expect the same for Velocity Sports Partners Limited later today or tomorrow

While I do not condone this level of management - these two entities are likely dormant and it would not take long to either register them as such or shut them down completely

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:12 am

Meanwhile over at PlayerLens, the other much touted sports technology investment of ALK Capital LLC (they hold 25 ordinary shares out of a total allotment of 6744), Managing Director Josep Ramon Capdevila has left the board at the end of October

though his Linkedin Profile mentions nothing of it

https://es.linkedin.com/in/jose-ramon-c ... ew-profile

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:26 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 am
ALK Capital Ltd has been issued with a First Gazette Notice for a compulsory strike off

I expect the same for Velocity Sports Partners Limited later today or tomorrow

While I do not condone this level of management - these two entities are likely dormant and it would not take long to either register them as such or shut them down completely
I doubt they're dormant. Won't they have purchased the shares in the club in that period?

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:39 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:26 pm
I doubt they're dormant. Won't they have purchased the shares in the club in that period?
Not those two entities - they are entire separate from Velocity Sports Limited (Jersey) Kettering Capital Limited and Calder Valer Holdings Limited all of which were created a month later when it appeared ALK Capital LLC. and Velocity Sports Partners LLC had determined the final structure of what they wanted for the club's ownership

Shares in PlayerLens Limited and Project 23rd Century Ltd who own AiScout are owned by ALK Capital LLC

Conroy92
Been Liked: 497 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:17 pm

ClaretInLeeds wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:23 pm
Don’t forget - we now have more “saleable” assets in the form of younger players. Vitinho, Benson, Zaroury, Cullen and Brownhill will all command large fees if we were to ever sell them. I would hazard a guess at them bringing in more money than Pope and Cornet too.
It is only early days for some of our players currently and important to remember we are playing in the championship and not prem this season. When I look at the saleable assets and players that left last year I think we definitely had more value in the squad albeit spread over 4-5 players whereas we might have 6-8 that could be resellable for a profit now but I'd think the total would be less.
Looking at last season, Wood 20m plus, McNeil 20m, Cornet 15m, Collins 20m and Pope 10m (in reality Pope was worth 20m plus).
Currently Muric is worth no where near what Pope was. Out of the back 4 currently, 3 of the starters (I'm including Mattson) are loans so there is no value here. Taylor retains value from last season. Vitinho has increased in value but in reality he might be a 3-5m currently and Roberts retains his value from last season.Looking in the centre of the park Cullen dosnt look to be a player that will stand out to command a top fee, I could see him being around the 10m mark. Again Brownhill retains last season's value. Cork, no resale value and your likes of Bastien and Twine haven't featured enough to raise in value. Out wide Zaroury looks to be one that could command a 10-20m fee, but he needs to keep performing over this season, Benson the same but I think Zaroury looks to be a cut above. Again your likes of churlinov have not increased in value without featuring and your likes of Gudmundsson sadly have little resale value. Up top there is no value in either Barnes or Rodriguez and tella's a loan so again no value.

I was going to agree with you that we have "more saleable assets" but less value in the squad currently but after making that list I'm not sure we do have more saleable assets. If one or two out of Bellis, Beyer, Maatsen and Tella were permanent signings id probably agree but considering the likes of Brownhill and Taylor were around last season and could be considered as a saleable asset both then and now it's hard for me to agree that we are in a better position.

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:33 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:39 pm
Not those two entities - they are entire separate from Velocity Sports Limited (Jersey) Kettering Capital Limited and Calder Valer Holdings Limited all of which were created a month later when it appeared ALK Capital LLC. and Velocity Sports Partners LLC had determined the final structure of what they wanted for the club's ownership

Shares in PlayerLens Limited and Project 23rd Century Ltd who own AiScout are owned by ALK Capital LLC
Ah yes, I was getting mixed up between our companies with overdue accounts ...

On a related note, in its usual manner I see Companies House has multiple Alan Paces:
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments
(I'm assuming the last is the same, be quite a coincidence otherwise)

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:57 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:33 pm
Ah yes, I was getting mixed up between our companies with overdue accounts ...

On a related note, in its usual manner I see Companies House has multiple Alan Paces:
(I'm assuming the last is the same, be quite a coincidence otherwise)
Yes, the bottom one is him as well, the address is the family home in Connecticut that they still own, though it appears to be rented out now, which makes a lot of sense and further illustrates the commitment to living local to the club

That area of Connecticut is famous for its modernist domestic architecture such as Phillip Johnson's Glass House - https://sah-archipedia.org/essays/CT-01-ART02

The home of the Pace family is much more traditional, and some would say more comfortable though

aggi

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:14 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:57 pm
Yes, the bottom one is him as well, the address is the family home in Connecticut that they still own, though it appears to be rented out now, which makes a lot of sense and further illustrates the commitment to living local to the club

That area of Connecticut is famous for its modernist domestic architecture such as Phillip Johnson's Glass House - https://sah-archipedia.org/essays/CT-01-ART02

The home of the Pace family is much more traditional, and some would say more comfortable though
I can't say I'm a fan. I wonder whose shirt he has above his bed now.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:40 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi CP, how are you getting that in depth detail? Have you hired a pi to "pace" AP?

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:37 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:40 pm
Hi CP, how are you getting that in depth detail? Have you hired a pi to "pace" AP?
took a couple of minutes on the internet - it is actually quite straightforward with a name and address - I searched to see if it was a residence or an office, the sales history and the rental listing and de-listing (i,e, a tenant had been found) came up from that - over there, Zillow does more than Zoopla does here it will even give you the property taxes paid on a property each year. Aggi wasn't joking about the shirts on the wall in the house, they are there to be seen

You can pull up all sorts of info with just a few bits of info in the USA. a lot more than in this country, most people do not realise just what can be learned from it all

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:00 pm

CP, your snooping knows no bounds.

(But thanks for the info, made for interesting reading - love Alan’s wood panelled office :D)

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:18 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:00 pm
CP, your snooping knows no bounds.

(But thanks for the info, made for interesting reading - love Alan’s wood panelled office :D)
There is a careful line to be trod here - and I may have overstepped it to be honest - It is legitimate to establish if the three Alan Pace's listed on Companies House all born in June 1967 are the same person - but just how much of the other information should be shared this way - I thought some would take heart at the visible commitment to residing in East Lancs that renting his US Home signals, but feel guilty that people are now looking at it online.

I am not really taking solace in the fact that it is all so publicly available, and just wish he would keep the records at Companies House up to date and even get them to resolve the three different listings of his name - The fact that Calder Vale Holdings Limited are so late producing their accounts is really encouraging the idea that Pace and Co have something they are trying to hide and/or that the auditors are refusing to sign them off - neither is a good look.

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:49 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:18 pm
There is a careful line to be trod here - and I may have overstepped it to be honest - It is legitimate to establish if the three Alan Pace's listed on Companies House all born in June 1967 are the same person - but just how much of the other information should be shared this way - I thought some would take heart at the visible commitment to residing in East Lancs that renting his US Home signals, but feel guilty that people are now looking at it online.

I am not really taking solace in the fact that it is all so publicly available, and just wish he would keep the records at Companies House up to date and even get them to resolve the three different listings of his name - The fact that Calder Vale Holdings Limited are so late producing their accounts is really encouraging the idea that Pace and Co have something they are trying to hide and/or that the auditors are refusing to sign them off - neither is a good look.
Obviously the law around this was changed a few years ago (arguably sensibly) to allow proxy addresses for directors (always entertaining when bailiffs turn up at our offices because that is the registered address for someone) but if you look back earlier (not just at Burnley) there are home addresses of many people still knocking around and obviously things like the Land Registry open access and historic estate agent listings now make it much easier to see whether they are still valid.

Companies House are terrible for multiple listings for the same person, been the case for decades now.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:11 pm

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... e-25646266

ALK saying it’s been an admin error which is being resolved

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Where do I get my commission from?

Admin error for being almost 6 months late - I do not thinks so

Also, no mention of the much more serious issue at Calder Vale Holdings Limited in that report - this is the entity that holds direct control over the club and by my reckoning has borrowed £144.5m from the club. It two has a first gazette notice - the second time this year - the accounts are over 6 weeks late - that is most certainly not an admin error

Any journalist worth their salt should be pursuing that one as it would definitely end up in the national press

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2064 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:46 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Which is the exact reply everyone would expect.

Another article Lancs Live have wrote from info on here, but well done for making it more formal and out there. A bit more pressure for them to sort themselves out.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:58 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 pm

Also, no mention of the much more serious issue at Calder Vale Holdings Limited in that report - this is the entity that holds direct control over the club and by my reckoning has borrowed £144.5m from the club. It two has a first gazette notice - the second time this year - the accounts are over 6 weeks late - that is most certainly not an admin error

Any journalist worth their salt should be pursuing that one as it would definitely end up in the national press
Correction

Calder Vale Holdings Limited accounts are 2 months overdue today

Kettering Capital Limited - who used almost £88m of the loans from the club to buy shares/input capital in itself to fund the takeover (at a cost over 8.5 times that ALK/VSL did on the same day) - is the one whose accounts are now in their 6th week of being overdue (36 days to be precise)

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:34 pm

Chester Perry wrote:

Having, I suspect, experienced a lot more filing fun and games I wouldn't be so definitive in writing that off. It covers a lot of scope.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 pm

Chester Perry wrote:

Your desire for some wrong doing is coming across as desperate. It is fine to wish to look into things and find something but fully understanding what you are looking into is a massive benefit.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:09 pm

Crack on CP - I appreciate your efforts. No problem in digging, even if there's an occasional blind alley. I'm sure you would be the first to acknowlege that understanding is formed through discovery and exploration, rather than innate expertise. It is not you that I consider amongst the most negative and sniping posters on this board.
These 2 users liked this post: Hapag Lloyd dsr

Rodleydave
Been Liked: 263 times
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by Rodleydave » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:31 pm

CP is desperate? Far from it.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:03 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 pm
Your desire for some wrong doing is coming across as desperate. It is fine to wish to look into things and find something but fully understanding what you are looking into is a massive benefit.
the very last thing I want is any form of wrongdoing by the owners of our or any other football club

the points I have been raising/illustrating are that there is a very clear and persistent pattern emerging from the club's owners when it comes to their statutory obligations in filing documents at Companies House - even the clubs accounts were signed off and filed at the 11th hour on the last day possible.

The filings of ALK Capital Limited and Velocity Sports Partners Limited are not of much significance other than the behavioural trend - something I have clearly said up the thread

The late filings for Kettering Capital Limited and Calder Vale Holdings Limited are much more serious to observers with a keen interest in the club's affairs because of their inherent structural relationship and financial dependency with the club - though such actions appear to fall outside the jurisdiction of the FA and EFL, unlike the club's filings - some may find that last bit a coincidence, others less so.
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:16 pm

It's worth pointing out that football club accounts can often be filed last minute - Blackburn's were, for instance. There's usually a good number of dotting the i's and crossing the t's to get to completion, as well as some often laborious going concern work. I think it's best to wait and see re the overdue accounts - often it can just be down to administrative issues, particularly involving somewhat complex group structures that also spread offshore.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:29 pm

Swizzlestick wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:16 pm
It's worth pointing out that football club accounts can often be filed last minute - Blackburn's were, for instance. There's usually a good number of dotting the i's and crossing the t's to get to completion, as well as some often laborious going concern work. I think it's best to wait and see re the overdue accounts - often it can just be down to administrative issues, particularly involving somewhat complex group structures that also spread offshore.
Premier League accounts have to be submitted to the PL by the end of the calendar year. I don't kow if the Championship has the same rules?

But ALK Capital Ltd''s accounts are for the period to 30th September 2021 (ended 14 months ago) and were due to be filed on 16th June (6 months ago, near enough).

Bear in mind that in theory all the company's assets (ie. Burnley FC!) pass to the Crown if the company is wound up, we may find ourselves owned by King Charles as well as supported by him!!! :lol:
This user liked this post: IanMcL

aggi

Post by aggi » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:55 pm

Filing accounts at the last minute is nothing unusual. Plenty of businesses do it.
dsr wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:29 pm
Premier League accounts have to be submitted to the PL by the end of the calendar year. I don't kow if the Championship has the same rules?

But ALK Capital Ltd''s accounts are for the period to 30th September 2021 (ended 14 months ago) and were due to be filed on 16th June (6 months ago, near enough).

Bear in mind that in theory all the company's assets (ie. Burnley FC!) pass to the Crown if the company is wound up, we may find ourselves owned by King Charles as well as supported by him!!! :lol:
I think MSD as a preferential creditor would mean we'd probably end up being owned by them (which would probably put a crimp in their lending money to football clubs business).

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:01 pm

All sounds very sad.