Cryptocurrency

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Cryptocurrency

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu May 12, 2022 11:30 pm

Any crypto geeks in need of a job these days give me a shout as I need someone to carry the bags of money i've been making
Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:20 pm
Im investing in Renminbi cos with the way the west is self harming I reckon China is well on the way to becoming the best and strongest country in the world.

Get in now and when the US:$, the UK:£ & the EU: goes tits up you'll be Yuan Zài (quids in)

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu May 12, 2022 11:47 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:25 pm
You sound like you're trying to sell time shares.

Or deep in a ponzi scheme and don't have enough friends to sell to, to you bail you out.
I know, I love the platform so much you would think I owned it!

I don't need anyone to sell to, there's enough liquidity in the market with the hundreds of thousands of active users.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri May 13, 2022 7:22 am

Steddyman wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:58 pm
Yeah crypto investing really sucks. I was up 150x on my investments from 2020 only 3 months ago.

Now I am only up 30x on my original investment. Definitely stay clear of these terrible returns.

Pretty sure you could get 1% APR fromsome banks, so that is definitely a better bet.
APR :? :?

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:47 pm
I know, I love the platform so much you would think I owned it!

I don't need anyone to sell to, there's enough liquidity in the market with the hundreds of thousands of active users.
Just curious. How does someone make any money if they don't sell?

Archer
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 146 times

Post by Archer » Fri May 13, 2022 10:55 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:30 pm
Any crypto geeks in need of a job these days give me a shout as I need someone to carry the bags of money i've been making
That trade is currently up +0.8% from when you posted. Big bags indeed.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 am

So is now not the best time to buy if everything is on its ar$e, or is the generally consensus that its a busted flush?
This user liked this post: KateR

bfcmatt
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by bfcmatt » Fri May 13, 2022 12:30 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 am
So is now not the best time to buy if everything is on its ar$e, or is the generally consensus that its a busted flush?
My opinion would be that now is not the time to buy. "In a bear market" lots of smaller projects will probably get liquidated out as has almost happened with Luna and cease to be, Waiting for the peaks and troughs to eventually settle would be my advise.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri May 13, 2022 12:37 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 am
100% the only time to buy, though there are no guarantees this is the bottom, so you are best to dollar cost average buying here and only into projects you understand and know has a long term future (like BTC and ETH).

I see I got a lot of responses on my post, so just to be clear I have been in crypto fully since 2017. The 30x gains were only on my investments since December 2020 only and also include returns from bots I have written, contracts I have deployed as well as investments I have made from those returns.

But this is not a market for casual investors. You shouldn't get into crypto because you think it is easy money and every project does a 100x, it absolutely isn't and absolutely doesn't. To make money in crypto you don't invest in every random shitcoin hoping it will 100x, because most of them will but not in the direction you expect.

I invest in crypto because 'I' understand it. I am a software developer and a technology geek, I know the space inside out. I write my own blockchain contracts and review the ones of projects I invest in. I review the teams, the technology, the history and the code of all projects I invest in and if you do not have the skills to do that, then you should not be investing in this space. It isn't for you.

Crypto is money for geeks atm and it is geeks who will get rich. Eventually it will be money for everyone, but it isn't that yet and do not get into the space unless you are prepared to put in the hours studying it. The tokens I am invested in today that are down 80%, will be up another 300% within 18 months so I do not care. I am invested for the long term because I believe in and understand the space.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret KateR

A.Claret.Fan
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by A.Claret.Fan » Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Well, Steady... Why not share your informed knowledge with the UTC collective who may want to invest?

Who knows, after 18 months we may be the new owners!!!

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm

‘Will be up another 300% in 18 months’ - wow, where can I get these certain returns? I think we need to tell the worlds best money managers who average 50% a year about these definite returns, they are missing out.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Fri May 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Got into crypto fully in 2017 and isn't a billionaire?

Something not right here.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri May 13, 2022 1:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:44 pm
I feel bad for the people in crypto who didn't get involved in projects like SoRare, especially football fans. A truly incredible concept and the absolute best hedge against the fall in crypto.
Funny you mention that, I thought of you when I saw some stories of people complaining their sorare "investment" values had dropped due to the big fall in ETH.

Hs there been a significant upwards correction in card values to counter that?

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri May 13, 2022 2:47 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:37 pm
100% the only time to buy, though there are no guarantees this is the bottom, so you are best to dollar cost average buying here and only into projects you understand and know has a long term future (like BTC and ETH).

I see I got a lot of responses on my post, so just to be clear I have been in crypto fully since 2017. The 30x gains were only on my investments since December 2020 only and also include returns from bots I have written, contracts I have deployed as well as investments I have made from those returns.

But this is not a market for casual investors. You shouldn't get into crypto because you think it is easy money and every project does a 100x, it absolutely isn't and absolutely doesn't. To make money in crypto you don't invest in every random shitcoin hoping it will 100x, because most of them will but not in the direction you expect.

I invest in crypto because 'I' understand it. I am a software developer and a technology geek, I know the space inside out. I write my own blockchain contracts and review the ones of projects I invest in. I review the teams, the technology, the history and the code of all projects I invest in and if you do not have the skills to do that, then you should not be investing in this space. It isn't for you.

Crypto is money for geeks atm and it is geeks who will get rich. Eventually it will be money for everyone, but it isn't that yet and do not get into the space unless you are prepared to put in the hours studying it. The tokens I am invested in today that are down 80%, will be up another 300% within 18 months so I do not care. I am invested for the long term because I believe in and understand the space.
Surely the reason you are doing so well is because of the non-geeks who don't understand it but are driving the price up by buying anything that moves? I don't know if crypto has any inherent value at all, but the bulk of the movement is because it is traded, and the huge increase in price is because people want to buy into what is (at least partially) a limited supply.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri May 13, 2022 3:11 pm

It's a mystery to me.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri May 13, 2022 3:13 pm

Archer wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:55 am
That trade is currently up +0.8% from when you posted. Big bags indeed.
If you want the job then you are going the wrong way about it with comments like this.
This user liked this post: Archer

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri May 13, 2022 3:20 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:47 pm
Surely the reason you are doing so well is because of the non-geeks who don't understand it but are driving the price up by buying anything that moves? I don't know if crypto has any inherent value at all, but the bulk of the movement is because it is traded, and the huge increase in price is because people want to buy into what is (at least partially) a limited supply.
No not at all. I am up so much because I understand the projects I am invested in and I am 'In' the market at all times so I can respond quickly to changes in situation or sentiment.

I can't share my knowledge with UTC because that is no better than you watching any other random youtuber telling you that LUNA will go to the moon, like they were doing only last week.

You can't trust anyone elses views in this market. You have to educate yourself and make your own decisions and have nobody else to blame.

re 300% returns in 18 months, that is pretty much a guarantee supported by history. BTC and now ETH are both deflationary currencies and that have managed these sort of returns consistently since inception over the longer term. But it is the more fringe cryptos I have made more on in the short term, but you have to know when the market is changing and get out quick.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Fri May 13, 2022 3:23 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:30 pm
So you need... a bag holder?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagholder

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Fri May 13, 2022 3:29 pm

I am looking for a bag carrier however it is the sudden increase in bagholders that makes me think now is the time I could get some nice cheap labour
Last edited by Devils_Advocate on Fri May 13, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AwayClaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by AwayClaret » Fri May 13, 2022 3:30 pm

There's a lot of bullshite on this thread 🤣

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri May 13, 2022 3:32 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:20 pm
No not at all. I am up so much because I understand the projects I am invested in and I am 'In' the market at all times so I can respond quickly to changes in situation or sentiment.

I can't share my knowledge with UTC because that is no better than you watching any other random youtuber telling you that LUNA will go to the moon, like they were doing only last week.

You can't trust anyone elses views in this market. You have to educate yourself and make your own decisions and have nobody else to blame.

re 300% returns in 18 months, that is pretty much a guarantee supported by history. BTC and now ETH are both deflationary currencies and that have managed these sort of returns consistently since inception over the longer term. But it is the more fringe cryptos I have made more on in the short term, but you have to know when the market is changing and get out quick.
You start by saying you aren't making money out of people who don't know the market, and end by saying that you need to read the market. Why does the market change? Is it because a cryptocurrency suddenly loses a high proportion of its current value, or is it simply because its bubble has burst?

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Fri May 13, 2022 4:19 pm

after a steady decline since ATH's in Nov we get a one day crash of one coin and all the usual suspects are out chanting gleefully that the magic internet money has collapsed and we knew it was a Ponzi scheme all along. The ignorance to what crypto is and how it works, plus real world applications is staggering, why has no one been shouting about stocks and shares falling.

Very basic premise, research and decide if a coin has real world value in one of the many markets, buy small, learn, sell when in profit your original money so now your playing with "free money" and keep researching. If you forecast a decline/crash, sell, put in stable coins and earn high interest until you believe the value of projects you like has fallen to a point of where you can buy back in again at a much more attractive price, with a view to high returns. Crypto has been falling/crabbing sideways down since Nov, yesterday a crash on one coin caused the whole market to drop causing headlines and sensational statements from the uneducated. Market is back up and climbing today, anyone buying decent coins yesterday made good returns, 30+% increase in 24 hours has to be good in anyone's book, it certainly is in mine. I feel sorry for anyone in LUNA though, not sure that's coming back, one coin out of 10,000+ coins, a good chance it going to make the dead coin list, but if it recovers than huge profits to be made, very very high risk, but maybe you make a 1,000% profit on $10, or you lose $10. Lot high odds than betting on the Grand National rank outsider.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri May 13, 2022 4:45 pm

aggi wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:42 pm
Funny you mention that, I thought of you when I saw some stories of people complaining their sorare "investment" values had dropped due to the big fall in ETH.

Hs there been a significant upwards correction in card values to counter that?
I'd say 80% of the site value in £/$, Crypto is far too volatile imo. You can play the market smart I guess with the swings in eth, sell cards when eth is low to get more eth back etc but the market is really FIAT driven, it's a great hedge against the swings in crypto. Personally I think crypto's generally a steaming pile of shite, I'm not a crypto/NFT guy at all, SoRare's the only NFT blockchain thing I like tbh.

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri May 13, 2022 6:07 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:32 pm
You start by saying you aren't making money out of people who don't know the market, and end by saying that you need to read the market. Why does the market change? Is it because a cryptocurrency suddenly loses a high proportion of its current value, or is it simply because its bubble has burst?
No it is because the technology changes all the time, and what was innovative 3 months ago is superceeded by a better way of doing something. When it does, the earlier token will go down in value.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri May 13, 2022 6:22 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:07 pm
No it is because the technology changes all the time, and what was innovative 3 months ago is superceeded by a better way of doing something. When it does, the earlier token will go down in value.
So people are paying large sums for something that you (and they, if they had the nous) know will be worthless in a few months? Why do they do it, other than being idiots?

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Fri May 13, 2022 7:49 pm

I love all things techy, held some BTC & a few other coins a few years back, I liked the concept and the applications some coins were planning.

BUT I can never see it being the 'new money', maybe a future crypto will but not BTC.

- It's too volatile to be a store of value or a currency
- It's too complex for the average consumer to use.
- Currency needs inflation because it's designed to be spent, a deflationary currency is terrible for an economy because why would I spend it today if I thought it would be worth more tomorrow?

I'm amazed it's taken this long for Tether to have a proper wobble, when it finally goes it will have a huge knock-on.

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri May 13, 2022 9:25 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:22 pm
So people are paying large sums for something that you (and they, if they had the nous) know will be worthless in a few months? Why do they do it, other than being idiots?
Because you don't hold them for 10 years, apart from BTC and ETH. You should see Crytpo's as tech companies with a USP and that USP may not stay relevant for long. Some do (like Solana) and are worth investing in longer term. This is why crypto prices are correlated to tech stocks.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri May 13, 2022 9:26 pm

If people are against crypto and don't invest in them, what is their problem with them? Or is it just something to argue about?

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:49 pm
I love all things techy, held some BTC & a few other coins a few years back, I liked the concept and the applications some coins were planning.

BUT I can never see it being the 'new money', maybe a future crypto will but not BTC.

- It's too volatile to be a store of value or a currency
- It's too complex for the average consumer to use.
- Currency needs inflation because it's designed to be spent, a deflationary currency is terrible for an economy because why would I spend it today if I thought it would be worth more tomorrow?

I'm amazed it's taken this long for Tether to have a proper wobble, when it finally goes it will have a huge knock-on.
Tethter didn't have a wobble. It rose very briefly to being worth $1.10 instead of $1.00 but very quickly returned to peg, which is what it is designed to do.

Different cryptos have different purposes. BTC is definitely not a payments token, it is a store of value and its correlation is gold and not currency. You want rarity and longevity in a store of value, which is what BTC provides.

Stablecoins like USDT and the much better USDC are what you use for payments.

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:26 pm
If people are against crypto and don't invest in them, what is their problem with them? Or is it just something to argue about?
People who dislike crypto strongly usually don't like it for one of the following two reasons:

1. Environmental Impact: This is fair for BTC and Ethererum currently but even then the energy consumption of all cryptos is still a small percentage of the energy used by the banking industry to operate their data centers that runs the current financial system. Ethereum is moving from Proof of Work (computing power) to Proof of Stake (based on locking tokens to earn income) this year and then its environmental impact will be negligible. BTC mining difficulty is based on the amount of computing power running the entire network. If half of the mining hardware was turned off over night, then the difficulty would be reduced by a half and the energy required by half, so I can see this being regulated at some point.

2. Scams, Crimes, etc. Whilst it is technical possible to use crypto to hide the proceeds of crime, it is incredibly difficult. These blockchains are public ledgers where transations are not encrypted and readabe by everyone. There is far more illicit money transferred via the traditional banking system than there is crypto. Scams in crypto are common, and that is why you need to educate yourself before investing. There are simple rules you can follow that protect you falling for a scam.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Fri May 13, 2022 10:51 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 pm
Tethter didn't have a wobble. It rose very briefly to being worth $1.10 instead of $1.00 but very quickly returned to peg, which is what it is designed to do.
Everything I read I was was it dropping to around 95c before recovering.
There's a lot of debt and other assets including other cypto making up the funds they claim means they have 1 dollar for every 1 tether.
Hugely troublesome that the coin everyone treats as if it were a dollar; keeping them in wallets instead of cashing, conducting trades with etc is probably not backed by anything close to one.
Let's hope there is never a run on the Tether bank as that cupboard they tell people is full of money but never let anyone look inside is probably quite bare.

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Sat May 14, 2022 12:01 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:51 pm
Everything I read I was was it dropping to around 95c before recovering.
There's a lot of debt and other assets including other cypto making up the funds they claim means they have 1 dollar for every 1 tether.
Hugely troublesome that the coin everyone treats as if it were a dollar; keeping them in wallets instead of cashing, conducting trades with etc is probably not backed by anything close to one.
Let's hope there is never a run on the Tether bank as that cupboard they tell people is full of money but never let anyone look inside is probably quite bare.
Anyone that is serious about crypto doesn't use Tether because their reserves are not audited, they use USDC which is.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 am

If I go to ASDA tomorrow could I pay for my food etc with a cryptocurrency? If not why not ? Genuine question.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sat May 14, 2022 1:20 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 am
If I go to ASDA tomorrow could I pay for my food etc with a cryptocurrency? If not why not ? Genuine question.
No, because Asda don't accept cryptocurrency. They could accept payment by any means they want, eg. cryptocurrency, cigarette cards, jelly babies, motor vehicle part exchange, gold, IOUs, anything they like; but they choose to take cash or cash equivalents.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat May 14, 2022 9:50 am

Anyone got any thoughts on XRP, and how they think that will do going forward?

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Sat May 14, 2022 10:46 am

bfcjg wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 12:09 am
Yes. Sign up for a Bitpay, Atom or Crypto.com debit card that is backed by your crypto account. They are VISA or Mastercards that you pay for food in cash and it translates it at payment time from your crypto reserves.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:12 pm

Now down to $17,900
The 2017 high was $19k

Institutional investors liquidating to shore up traditional investments?
And all the dumb money that was bought in during the pandemic because there was little else to do with their money now realized they can't afford petrol & food?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:20 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:12 pm
Now down to $17,900
The 2017 high was $19k

Institutional investors liquidating to shore up traditional investments?
And all the dumb money that was bought in during the pandemic because there was little else to do with their money now realized they can't afford petrol & food?
Everything is tanking, heading for a massive recession

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:33 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:20 pm
Everything is tanking, heading for a massive recession
Very much agree, but 50% of value in a week!
Seems like the money is getting out of crypto faster than anywhere else.

Not helped by a ton of dodgy exchanges and overleveraged platforms finally coming unstuck, fear index is maxed out.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:48 pm

Hopefully people are realising what cryptos true intrinsic value is (0)

ian
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by ian » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:10 am

I'll be loading up on BTC and stocks linked to cryptocurrency and NFTs in the coming weeks and months, there's blood on the streets which represents a great buying opportunity. Those retail investors who couldn't get in before (or didn't understand the crypot sector) hopefully will realise this is the final opportunity before a regulated environment will mean a massive wall of institutional money will soon get involved and send prices to ATH's and beyond.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:32 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:48 pm
Hopefully people are realising what cryptos true intrinsic value is (0)
It might be better to 'invest' in Weimar Republic papiermarks. At least you would have something to throw on the fire this winter.
This user liked this post: dsr

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:41 am

ian wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:10 am
I'll be loading up on BTC and stocks linked to cryptocurrency and NFTs in the coming weeks and months, there's blood on the streets which represents a great buying opportunity. Those retail investors who couldn't get in before (or didn't understand the crypot sector) hopefully will realise this is the final opportunity before a regulated environment will mean a massive wall of institutional money will soon get involved and send prices to ATH's and beyond.
Same.

The next bull run will most likely pay off my house

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:44 am

ian wrote:
I’d be careful Ian. I think it’ll hit all time lows before highs.

willsclarets
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:49 am

I said about 8 months ago on this thread we were in an asset wide bubble that was about to pop. Liquidity has dried up, govts are tightening and inflation is nuts. Crypto was never a hedge.

It is true that bear markets create wealth though, so opportunities will start to arise, just don't rush. Likely a few dead cat bounces before a real bottom forms. Bear market rallies are brutal but the reversal even more so.

ian
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by ian » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:50 am

Yes I agree, this downturn still has a while to run
BTC may be Spring 2023 before we see the turning point which will give the sector plenty of time to flush out the sh!tcoins and see different countries trying out various regulation packages

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:12 am

ian wrote:
Wheres all this liquidity coming from to send anything to ATH, let alone stocks linked to NFTs ffs. Crypto had had its own cycles in a broader bull market that's lasted 12 years. Bear markets that follow rarely last 4 months. It is not a final opportunity for anything.
This user liked this post: RVclaret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:15 am

Liquidity has gone. Interest rates are going up. We are now in a bear market which could last 2-3 years. This is just the start.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:35 am

Maybe RV, but don't underestimate the stupidity of the Fed. If inflation comes down, they may be daft enough to pivot if the economy looks like its heading into a recession. More QE and a bigger balance short term and an even bigger sh*t show a little bit down the road.

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:21 am

ian wrote:
I remember this being said in 2017 when I was on the hype train for a while, that we were moments away from the big retail investors and the banks from taking this thing to the next level.
eg: https://fortune.com/2017/10/16/jp-morga ... lockchain/

The institutional money is getting out right now, selling all their riskier assets.
Meanwhile, the little guys have to convince everyone it's worth more than what they paid for it. Buy the dip please!!!
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:11 am

Person who ten years ago threw away 8,000 Bitcoins (currently worth £150 million) on hard drive wants to search the refuse tip to find it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62381682