Cryptocurrency

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Re: Cryptocurrency

Post by KateR » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:11 pm

claret_in_exile wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 pm
Yeah - I've been told by people who look at charts and things and know far more than I do that the run-up may end a lot sooner than that (October?), but that there will be an alt-coin season for a couple of weeks after the ATH. We'll see. It seems to me that BTC is the rising tide that lifts all boats.
All bull runs come to an end, and exactly the same with all bear markets, personally I'm sure the bear will be coming relatively soon and my funds are being held for now just waiting for it to happen. The strategies all depend on whether you want to be a trader and buy/sell often, moving to various projects, or to buy and hold for a much longer time as you believe it will come good in the end.

I personally am part of the latter, clearly not everything i have chosen will come good but I'm of the opinion that more than enough will, in order to cover those that don't and with a final outcome that will beat my stock/share/portfolio. Having a lot of cash available for me is no longer an option but previously I have held cash in saving type accounts.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:57 pm

KateR wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:04 pm
and yet they tell you the details, and month after month deliver, this continued fixation with "no it being a Pyramid or Ponzi scheme" seems a little over cooked now, given how much time and money has flown by. Yes it risky but a lot of these companies are prepared to put the interest back to customers in an effort to slow the wild fluctuations of the market going wildly up/down. Because if it's locked, theoretically you can't sell on a dip, which is what they're trying to slow down (the selling), however even when you stake, you can in many cases withdraw your funds to sell but you lose all benefits you may have gained prior to the withdrawal. Therefore, it's an incentive to keep your funds locked for a given amount of time, by doing it for a month or three months, as I said, so many people are doing it, not just a few but millions and have received these rewards. The actual rewards offered are short term and they do change so it's important to do your homework, I note with interest one major bank changed their saving rate down to 0.02%, but if that's where you want to put your hard earned funds then that's fine, I'm not here trying to convince anyone to buy crypto or to stake.

It's very early days in the crypto world still, these types of incentives will slowly go away as it keeps getting integrated and going main stream, however I do know that banks seems to be very prosperous, offer very little in return so they can invest your money and get high returns while paying you a pittance.
There has never in human history been a large scheme which pays out 25% annual interest when others are paying zilch, and which guarantees your capital, and which doesn't go bust big time. Your investment is going to disappear, and I just hope that you're at a low level when it does.

kazza
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 127 times

Post by kazza » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Paypal now getting into crypto.

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:32 am

dsr wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:57 pm
There has never in human history been a large scheme which pays out 25% annual interest when others are paying zilch, and which guarantees your capital, and which doesn't go bust big time. Your investment is going to disappear, and I just hope that you're at a low level when it does.
am quite at a loss as to this post, I'm talking about up to 10% and you're talking about 25%, when I mentioned numbers and we're talking about interest it is (to me) obliviously equivalent annual interest, such that everyone can compare as in apples to apples.

Since you still are not comprehending what I'm saying and to make it crystal clear, all interest is paid in whatever coin you stake in, for example stake 100 ADA/VET/HNT, etc. then you get the interest paid weekly in that very same coin as equivalent to 10%/yearly, but based on which wallet or company is providing your return on assets. Again, stating the obvious the coin you have locked, can go up or down from the price you staked it at but you still get the interest you selected at the point of staking, could be 2/4/6/8/10% and over the time period you select. 1 month you get less interest than you do for 2 or 3 months, again stating the obvious. 100 of any coins doesn't mean you get 10 coins back after three months, but you will if you keep re-staking on finishing, plus of course it will be compounded by the coins you added through the three months, such that after 12 months you end up with more than 10 coins paid back to you.

Just to be obvious yet again, this has been going on for millions of people for years without it collapsing but as said it will change in the future as it gets more mainstream, also while your thinking/contemplating this, also look at the banks and building societies. Look at there traditional ways of working, just look at the building and employees that add to the overheads, crypto doesn't have those overheads, so it can afford to pay some back to the investors much better, without having the issues you keep describing.

I thank you for your concern and I am never going to be happy losing anything, low or not, it took me a long time to start this crypto journey and I did a huge amount or research and planning before I entered this market, which is like most but definitely not everyone, However, I do think your aware of plenty of people losing money in stocks/shares, without even starting to discuss the share Ponzi schemes and scammers around. I 100% agree it is far more risk to invest in crypto than stocks, shares, saving accounts and everyone has to decide their own risk level around any kind of investment, even putting it under the matters.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:19 am

KateR wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:32 am
am quite at a loss as to this post, I'm talking about up to 10% and you're talking about 25%, when I mentioned numbers and we're talking about interest it is (to me) obliviously equivalent annual interest, such that everyone can compare as in apples to apples.

Since you still are not comprehending what I'm saying and to make it crystal clear, all interest is paid in whatever coin you stake in, for example stake 100 ADA/VET/HNT, etc. then you get the interest paid weekly in that very same coin as equivalent to 10%/yearly, but based on which wallet or company is providing your return on assets. Again, stating the obvious the coin you have locked, can go up or down from the price you staked it at but you still get the interest you selected at the point of staking, could be 2/4/6/8/10% and over the time period you select. 1 month you get less interest than you do for 2 or 3 months, again stating the obvious. 100 of any coins doesn't mean you get 10 coins back after three months, but you will if you keep re-staking on finishing, plus of course it will be compounded by the coins you added through the three months, such that after 12 months you end up with more than 10 coins paid back to you.

Just to be obvious yet again, this has been going on for millions of people for years without it collapsing but as said it will change in the future as it gets more mainstream, also while your thinking/contemplating this, also look at the banks and building societies. Look at there traditional ways of working, just look at the building and employees that add to the overheads, crypto doesn't have those overheads, so it can afford to pay some back to the investors much better, without having the issues you keep describing.

I thank you for your concern and I am never going to be happy losing anything, low or not, it took me a long time to start this crypto journey and I did a huge amount or research and planning before I entered this market, which is like most but definitely not everyone, However, I do think your aware of plenty of people losing money in stocks/shares, without even starting to discuss the share Ponzi schemes and scammers around. I 100% agree it is far more risk to invest in crypto than stocks, shares, saving accounts and everyone has to decide their own risk level around any kind of investment, even putting it under the matters.
To be fair, when you said that you had staked for 3 months and got back 6% interest plus your original stake, it did read like you got 6% interest in 3 months. Hence my assumption of 25% annually. I presume that you actually got back 101.5% of the original stake.

I know where n=money comes from and I know where banks and building societies get their interest from (when they pay any interest, that is). Are these cryptocurrency sites, mutual or profit making? Where do they get the excess coins that they pay in interest? If you give them 100 coins and they are going to give you back 102, where do they get the extra 2 from? If they buy them in, where do they get the funds? For them to be paying interest, they must be making profits somewhere else. Where do they make their profits from?

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:00 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:19 am
To be fair, when you said that you had staked for 3 months and got back 6% interest plus your original stake, it did read like you got 6% interest in 3 months. Hence my assumption of 25% annually. I presume that you actually got back 101.5% of the original stake.

I know where n=money comes from and I know where banks and building societies get their interest from (when they pay any interest, that is). Are these cryptocurrency sites, mutual or profit making? Where do they get the excess coins that they pay in interest? If you give them 100 coins and they are going to give you back 102, where do they get the extra 2 from? If they buy them in, where do they get the funds? For them to be paying interest, they must be making profits somewhere else. Where do they make their profits from?
They are businesses making profits, as I posted the graphics a couple of days ago, showing what type of business they are in, it's from their customers who are buying what they sell that makes profits same as any other business. Their customers pay with hard currency, they mint/make their own crypto which are to all intents and purposes the same as shares, you/anyone can buy as many shares in the form of a crypto coin/token/currency. The difference is that there are a limited number of coins (shares) that they will mint, but they work through an equilibrium process that coins are also burnt so the number continues to reduce, providing a reduction as we move through the future. They can reintroduce some back into circulation but only if they are from the original number stated.

Helium (HNT) is the one I have most of, there business is setting up a "global network" of low radio frequency devices that people can but from numerous vendors, you can't now buy directly from Helium. The devices use about as much power as a LED light, connect to your internet and use as much bandwidth as another person in your home.

The Helium customers are companies that make IOT devices, the info from the IOT is transmitted across the network for tracking and data information, all these IOT companies, electric scooters, dog collars, air/water/power monitoring all pay Helium in normal currency by buying data credits. The data works on Helium's blockchain, they use normal currency (dollars pounds Euros etc.) and as data is transferred, they number of data credits are used and they have to buy more. Data credits are locked at a certain amount per $1, these are separate from the coin (HNT) which are essentially the native crypto currency of Helium or the shares if you like.

Two ways you can own HNT, you can by them through a broker, same as buying shares in any company, you can be given HNT free buy owning a node or as many nodes as you want, they are using people globally to set up a linked global network of Helium nodes, no way any company could do it themselves on this type of scale, what the nodes does is pass the blockchain along and contribute to the verification of the data and funds within it. Today you earn HNT through several ways, mostly through proof of coverage (POC) and witnessing other nodes, you get a very very small amount for also transmitting data. This is because the network is building and needs to be fully established, plus the number of companies with IOT devices on the network was small, however every week or so news comes out of new companies being established on the Helium network and buying data credits. Every year the payment for proof of coverage will reduce and the payment for data credits will increase, somewhere around 2026 they will start to cross so the payments for data will equal POC, and after that will continue to increase as POC reduces.

It is a very good business plan and there are many more, which are similar but in a different use case, can be financial basis or computer basis, games, etc. I am 100% convinced a lot of these businesses will survive and flourish, some like all start up companies will fail and drop by the wayside, the big two are your equivalent to blue chip stocks, with many more trying to establish themselves as blue chip offerings, these are termed the "alt coins" because they offer an alternative method of usage to blockchains and business.

The main exchanges are in some way like the stock market indices, where you can see the price of all the crypto (shares) going up and down, they go up for different reasons but mostly the big jumps are through institutional investors or through very wealthy individuals. Quite a few of these exchanges are now offering credit/debit cards with very good incentives but to get one you need to stake a minimum amount of their native crypto and the card is basically a pay as you go type of card, I have decided which I am getting but I'm not ready to make the minimum investment yet, but when the next big correction downwards happens I will buy in.

There is an awful lot more to crypto than I think you understand, risky, yes definitely but as we all agree if you're going to put funds into stock's & shares then I think a small part of any portfolio should be in crypto, again just my opinion. For now things have gone well but it's early days for me so I know and welcome the drop when it comes so I can increase the size of my crypto in my portfolio. Plus as I mentioned I have drastically reduced the amount of cash I had in a saving account. I earned more interest in the first three months with a small test case than I did from a cash savings account over a full year, with over ten times the value of what I staked at 6% for 3 months. This is a 100% proven case for me and so I have been increasing my staked holdings where I can and in this last month I see the percentage being added weekly. Remember when the profit is added it's yours and can't be taken away, the value of the coin can reduce but the number of coins cannot reduce, they are yours.
This user liked this post: claret_in_exile

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 313 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Monero is really low at the moment and i can see it going higher again soon, does anyone on here invest in it?

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Peter Loo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:29 pm

The British division of the world's biggest cryptocurrency exchange is "not capable of being effectively supervised", according to the Financial Conduct Authority. In a damning report, the watchdog revealed its frustration in trying to engage with Binance Markets, which it cracked down on in June amid concerns about the company's anti-money laundering standards. At the time, the FCA also forced it to issue a warning to consumers that it was not allowed to carry out regulated activities in the UK.

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:59 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:42 pm
Monero is really low at the moment and i can see it going higher again soon, does anyone on here invest in it?
Used to along with zcash but moved all my stack onto the kusama parachains, moonriver is the one to look at

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:59 pm
Used to along with zcash but moved all my stack onto the kusama parachains, moonriver is the one to look at
Crikey thats some jump, thanks for the heads up

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
What price did you get in at? that jump is insane, the drinks are on you :)

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:46 pm

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 pm
What price did you get in at? that jump is insane, the drinks are on you :)
Got them for free 🤣🤣 crowdloaned my kusama with moonriver. They gave me 14.5 per kusama.
I'm still buying some on the dips. It's currently a small market cap but I'm expecting huge things
This user liked this post: KateR

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:46 pm
Got them for free 🤣🤣 crowdloaned my kusama with moonriver. They gave me 14.5 per kusama.
I'm still buying some on the dips. It's currently a small market cap but I'm expecting huge things
Awesome, im new to all this but i bet that made you happy when it jumped so high, what price do you reckon it will go to?

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:56 pm

I bought £1,100 of BAT at 11p and it's currently at 59p. I'm expecting a pretty sizeable pump later this year when the DEX is released. Hoping to cash out at around £3-£4 in the coming years. Then I'll pray the browser doesn't take off and end up rivalling Google Chrome, as it could then be worth hundreds of thousands :lol:

The browser is brilliant too. No YouTube adverts and blocks all trackers etc.
These 2 users liked this post: Newcastleclaret93 KateR

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:53 pm
Awesome, im new to all this but i bet that made you happy when it jumped so high, what price do you reckon it will go to?
Well it certainly was a shock, didn't expect that high a price straight away. It's gone from a house deposit to maybe paying for one with cash 😎
Been following dot and kusama for ages now and there are the real deal!
Mid term I can easily see £500 long term £1k+

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:26 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Well it certainly was a shock, didn't expect that high a price straight away. It's gone from a house deposit to maybe paying for one with cash 😎
Been following dot and kusama for ages now and there are the real deal!
Mid term I can easily see £500 long term £1k+
When you say mid term how many years is that? What are the fees like for buying (just so i know)

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:31 pm

I'm looking at mid term as in a year the rest who knows!
There's no fees to buy, just use kucoin.

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:32 pm

Well minuscule fees on the exchanges.
Only fee you'll really be paying is exchanging your £ in coinbase to get you started

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:35 pm

Cheers for the info, im hoping to find a hardrive full of bitcoin in a rubbish dump sometime, thats the dream :lol:

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Hahaha that's a very good dream to have!
Get on twitter and have a read up on $ksm $movr $dot $ocean $kilt plenty of info which should put you on the right path

bfcmatt
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by bfcmatt » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:26 pm

Bought myself a bit of alchemy pay at 2.5p each a couple of weeks back it then pumped to around 16p each and currently sitting around 8p each. The market cap is tiny so bags of room for a good spike, well worth having a look at, also bought cartesi at 30p at the begining of the month, another with a small market cap with good fundamentals. My main bag is Eth and chainlink with a smatering of moonshot potentials.

CrossEyedChris

Post by CrossEyedChris » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:22 am

Out of interest, where do you store your crypto? I'm guessing you move it from KuCoin to some kind of wallet?

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:34 am

CrossEyedChris wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:22 am
Out of interest, where do you store your crypto? I'm guessing you move it from KuCoin to some kind of wallet?
It all depends on what you hold as not all wallets support each coin.
I use a ledger for some, metamask and polkawallet

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:34 am

But I always leave some on a few exchanges just incase you need to sell asap

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:10 pm

the wallet thing is what annoys me the most and worries me the most, I have quite a few now besides using the exchange one.

I have DOT and it's staked on the exchange, what is polkawallet like and does it offer staking, if so what percentage?

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:08 pm

Polkawallet is good to just leave them on, along with ksm.
You can stake on it but it's not that user friendly! I've left mine on binance staking

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:02 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Good prediction, its well volatile though, are you holding for the long term or did you cash some in recently, gone to 186 euros, good price. Got scared when it fell to 126 a few days after buying so got rid to break even, doh

Fretters
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by Fretters » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am

Any fellow owners of Shiba Inu? Mine has just 75% this week thanks to Elon Musk tweeting a picture of a dog. Madness.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:07 am

Fretters wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am
Any fellow owners of Shiba Inu? Mine has just 75% this week thanks to Elon Musk tweeting a picture of a dog. Madness.
Took a punt and bought 10 million shiba inu when it was worth 000007 sold all but my original stake for 000032 I believe it was. Made about 200 or so. Not bad for a meme coin.
These 2 users liked this post: Fretters KateR

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:26 pm

If anyone has ETH, there's a relatively newish football fantasy style NFT game I'm sure some will enjoy, it's called SoRare. They just raised 700 million in investment and are valued at over 4 billion. Really exciting concept, buy/trade players in ETH, stick 5 of them into a lineup for a game week leaderboard and win more ETH and cards to sell or build further lineups.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:28 pm

Carport wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:53 pm
If you like football and have interest in crypto I can thoroughly recommend Sorare.

The company has recently raised $50m investment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... irm-sorare

A unique Ronaldo card just sold for $290000

https://cryptobriefing.com/unique-crist ... 00-sorare/

If you sign up using this link you’ll get a free rare card after you’ve bought five from new signings and I will receive a free card too. Some of the free cards are only worth £30 or so but some have received a free Mbappe worth thousands. Happy to help anyone wanting to give it a go.

Just paste this link into your browser sorare.com/r/utckro
You got in early? the site has progressed incredibly, fully licenced leagues etc. I'm now getting into it, sadly.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:36 pm

Just seen your gallery Carport, you got in at the perfect time. It's gonna take a serious grind for new players. Good work

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:43 pm

I forgot we had clarets into crypto. Talking of NFT's, I've published my own NFT collection. No, it isn't Bertie Bee's.

https://dungeonsnft.io/

These are on-chain generated art NFT's that there is a game in development for (think Rogue). There are very few NFT's where the art and metadata is rendered by the Ethereum network, you can count them on one hand. Here is a Medium article I wrote about it for those curious about why this matters:

https://dungeonsnft.medium.com/welcome- ... 41bdcb3807

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:40 pm

its been an enjoyable ride so far with a few cock ups along the way, definitely should all lump on MOVR going forward, if I'd have followed Cockneys advice properly I would be quids in by now to the tune of around 500 euros profit on my original stake, like anything you need to only buy what you can afford.
These 2 users liked this post: KateR cockneyclaret

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:27 pm

Fretters wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:00 am
I've held Shiba now for a while, over tens million lol, it went up 278% in one week, but that equated to about $127 but its staked on crypto.com getting just 2% interest but still better than the bank were giving me. :lol:

EGLD is one I got into at the right time and doing very well at the moment, as is ONE, ADA and my Golem, I have also been buying the dip for FET, which is another project based around AI, which is a growing business in my opinion and matches with my HNT.

For those into horse racing a also bought some DeRace, not much but just an outsider to go with my Shiba.

My savings account in now empty and been closed with WF, majority into crypto with some to three high risk share baskets I started in February. The amount of interest in the last 4 months is well above the savings interest I got paid for the tax 2020 year. Also put some into USDC, which is a stable coin and always at $1, I'm getting 10% annual interest on that with no risk other than the exchange disappears.

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pm

Just as aside to actual crypto, the dated links below are where well known banks were fined huge sums and this is just a smattering, this is far worse and endemic in the banking world but it seems some people want to point the finger at crypto, particularly Binnace and the UK issue, but it's not just crypto:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-30016007
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-38235845
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48292946

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:46 pm

I am quite heavily invested into Coti currently.

I am hoping in the next few years it will increase ten fold

KateR

Post by KateR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:46 pm
I am quite heavily invested into Coti currently.

I am hoping in the next few years it will increase ten fold
I have a few I am hoping will do the same lol, thank you for the note and added to my tracker list

Does anyone know where I can buy KILT, as it is not showing up on crypto.com?

Superjohnnyfrancis

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:04 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 pm
I have a few I am hoping will do the same lol, thank you for the note and added to my tracker list

I don't think it is out yet, if you go on twitter the protocol managers are active on there showing updates etc, I am also looking out for it :)

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:04 pm
I don't think it is out yet, if you go on twitter the protocol managers are active on there showing updates etc, I am also looking out for it :)
Thank you, unfortunately, I don't have Twitter and not something I am going to get, same with Instagram plus I'm sure many more of these social network platforms.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Fretters

Post by Fretters » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:23 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:40 pm
Just as aside to actual crypto, the dated links below are where well known banks were fined huge sums and this is just a smattering, this is far worse and endemic in the banking world but it seems some people want to point the finger at crypto, particularly Binnace and the UK issue, but it's not just crypto:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-30016007
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-38235845
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-48292946
What platform do you use to purchase crypo, Kate? I used Binance which I can no longer deposit into.

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Fretters wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:23 pm
What platform do you use to purchase crypo, Kate? I used Binance which I can no longer deposit into.

I purchase through the crypto.com exchange but I also mine crypto through the Helium platform, Binnance I never tried due to all the bad reports I heard, plus in the US you had to use Binnance US, which also got slated. Crypto.com has numerous coin staking opportunities, which I use but have zero idea how it compares to others, I have found it very easy and I'm pretty useless with electronics. Certainly I have made far more interest through this avenue than I ever got from my bank savings account, which is now shutdown.

You can of course purchase certain coins direct from native wallets, which I'm sure you know more than I about, I have several of these native wallets but never purchased through them, merely transferred from cryto.com to them for better interest and in my mind security as I spread the risk.

Fretters

Post by Fretters » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:29 pm

KateR wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm
I purchase through the crypto.com exchange but I also mine crypto through the Helium platform, Binnance I never tried due to all the bad reports I heard, plus in the US you had to use Binnance US, which also got slated. Crypto.com has numerous coin staking opportunities, which I use but have zero idea how it compares to others, I have found it very easy and I'm pretty useless with electronics. Certainly I have made far more interest through this avenue than I ever got from my bank savings account, which is now shutdown.

You can of course purchase certain coins direct from native wallets, which I'm sure you know more than I about, I have several of these native wallets but never purchased through them, merely transferred from cryto.com to them for better interest and in my mind security as I spread the risk.
Thanks, I'll check out crypto.com

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 pm

From reading on twitter/telegram it seems another month or 2.
If it's like the other kusama parachains coins it'll be on kucoin and kraken.
Anyone interested in movr still it's at a perfect buy in price!!

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:54 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 pm

Anyone interested in movr still it's at a perfect buy in price!!

That's not on crypto.com, where are you seeing it to buy, does it have a native wallet?

cockneyclaret

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:36 am

Movr can be bought from kucoin or kraken, I store mine on metamask or you can stake via the official site. (Min 5)

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Looking like November is going to be a good month for Alt coins has anyone got any more recommendations?
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:57 pm

N E 1 buy Squidgame coin?????

Hahaha!!

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:04 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:57 pm
N E 1 buy Squidgame coin?????

Hahaha!!
That has got to be one of the most interesting things I have seen in Crypto.

That crypto was touted on the likes of Bloomberg and CNN all for it to be a rug pull is incredible.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:07 pm

...and people call shib a scam!