Premier League clubs must sign Owners' Charter

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11032 times
Has Liked: 5644 times

Premier League clubs must sign Owners' Charter

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Re: Premier League clubs must sign Owners' Charter

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Sounds promising but as ever with these things the devil will be in the detail, however it's good to see the PL showing intent to protect the core values of our national game.

Petersa
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by Petersa » Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 pm

A Sky Sports story....now I hope noone thinks of me as a cynic.... Surely not .....But could this holier than thou posturing from Sky over the ESL and demonstrations against it be down to the possible fact that the ESL didn't approach Sky to be the broadcaster for it!

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon May 03, 2021 4:34 pm

Petersa wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:14 pm
A Sky Sports story....now I hope noone thinks of me as a cynic.... Surely not .....But could this holier than thou posturing from Sky over the ESL and demonstrations against it be down to the possible fact that the ESL didn't approach Sky to be the broadcaster for it!
Quite possibly that it threatened their existing deal. I think Sky was summed up by their presenter at the United v Liverpool non match. He had no idea what Souness was talking about when he talked about feelings of football people. He was doing a job, probably not even a casual fan except for research purposes. Ridley-Scott once told me he was gobsmacked when visiting DJ Noel Edmonds, that he did not own a record player or even a radio at his home... a means to an end.