Summer 2021 Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:46 am

I'd still rather have Lookman

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:56 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Taking that into account, along with the diminished overall numbers and it is hard to fathom why our wage bill is soaring ever skyward.
It’ll be even higher if Dyche ever signs that new contract.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 815 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:46 am
I'd still rather have Lookman
Look, man, I’d rather have Lookman.

Ps me too. Not finished article but tons of upside.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 815 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:07 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:44 pm
Let me guess Nixon blocked you on Twitter? :lol:

Nixon broke the Collins story in January, he said Bournemouth, Sheff Wed and Birmingham were either interested or in for BPF.

I don't know how you don't understand that reporting we are interested in signing Albrighton is different from saying Albrighton has signed for Burnley. He's mentioned we are interested in Albrighton and Cornet but we are struggling to fund the deals.
Is he paying you, you’re sounding like his boyfriend right now??? 🤷🤷🤷
This user liked this post: NewClaret

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 am

Never heard of this lad but if he’s any good his international captain could have a word in his ear!
No trouble with registration as he was born in London.
70C30DF1-6715-4CFA-89FA-58C636C4414B.jpeg
70C30DF1-6715-4CFA-89FA-58C636C4414B.jpeg (67.11 KiB) Viewed 4499 times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Garbett

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:47 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:40 pm
No, they don't. That might be because they lack numbers and depth in respect to strikers and wingers. Richardson is an attacking midfielder and the development squad play him as one. The main formation they used last year was 4-2-3-1 with a lot of traffic going through the middle.

The recruitment for the development squad is almost as shambolic as the recruitment for the first team. We have jettisoned a huge number of players and brought very few in.

Most of the players who were signed in response to the first big exodus in the 19/20 season were quickly shown the door the year after. Phillips and Mumbongo are the only notable survivors. Ogunby, Cooney, Senior, Kouame and Calderbank-Park have all gone.

Then we had another massive clear out in 20/21 and we brought in Taranis, Barrett, Richter, Elva-Fountaine and Diallo who have been let go. We kept hold of Rickard, Mancini, Nartey, Costello, Dodgson and Patterson.

How many of those will make the next cut ?

The retention is a lot better in the U18's, but we have only added 15 players over the last 3 seasons, mostly from other clubs. I'm guessing that Harry Moss and Trevon Bryan are the two AiScout candidates.

15 players sounds like a lot, but not when you take into account all of the players we have moved on and the fact that the U 18's have been used to fill the huge gaps left in the U 23's by all those who have left. And yet every season we have another massive cull, with a small number of new incomings. The problem is that we no longer have nobody left to move up into the U 23's and while the squad looks complete it doesn't give us much room to send players out on loan. To say nothing of the heightened injury risk of playing young boys against much older lads. The top teams can get away with that, because they have players with more technical ability, but when you depend on hard graft and a combative style of play the injuries are going to be more frequent.

Now, obviously, not everyone is going to work out. However, the short term revolving door pattern that we are seeing doesn't say a lot for our scouting and future planning. The quality appears to be a slightly better, because we seem to be signing a few cast offs from the big clubs. I'm guessing the thinking behind that is that if Leicester, Everton or Man Utd saw something in a young player they must have something and the time spent in their academies will have built on that.

It makes scouting easy, been with a big club, sign on here. However, we still need to bring in the numbers and those clubs didn't let them go because they were great players. They see them week in and week out so they rarely make mistakes. Dwight was one, but they released him very very early, by the age of 17-18 most clubs have a very good idea of who is worth keeping and who needs to be let go.

If we really want to develop Premier League or Championship players we can't just rely on the free scraps that fall from the tables of the other clubs. That isn't going to be enough to refresh an aging squad in the next 2-3 years and pay off our massive debts.
They play 4-4-2 and Richardson is a striker. A striker that will drop in to link up play when needed but a striker nonetheless. Whilst Harker has been injured the difference in the 4-4-2 from first team to U23s is the lack of a target man with Mumbongo preferring to run in behind and Richardson preferring the ball in to feet. Playing a striker as a right winger (Thompson) also gives it a different balance as he often drifts into a more wide forward role. It's still a 4-4-2 and Richardson isn't an attacking midfielder.

Recruitment isn't exactly ideal as we'd be looking to bring more through from the younger age groups ourselves but that takes time, especially after the previous regime gutted it, hence the high turnover as we still need to field a team week in week out. At the end of the day the point of the youth setup is to develop the few players that ultimately have a chance of making it with us or earning us a fee. Picking up players released from bigger clubs hasn't gone badly in that respect so far McNeil, Dunne, Benson have all broken through or earned a fee with Thomas probably the next on the conveyor. You're being reductive to suggest we just pick them up on release based purely on who has released them, with little thought or scouting too IMO.

There have been some smarter aquisitions, Gomez-Mancini for example. Another route we look to have been exploring is players who's development may be lagging behind for one reason or another such as Phillips, Nartey and Mumbongo as they could have a higher ceiling if they get back on track.

If we can get to the top tier of PL2 and start bringing through more money from the conveyor belt then I'd like to see us trying to poach players from bigger academies that they want to keep but the players don't see a pathway. Chelsea these past few weeks have lost quite a few of their best U23s for this reason (Lewis Bate, Dynel Simeu, Myles Pert-Harris and Toni Livramento likely to follow soon) for relatively small fees. Right now we don't have the money to make these kinds of signings but if we can get the academy making profits then it can start speculating on these players more and offering better pathways to first team football.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:50 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:44 pm
Let me guess Nixon blocked you on Twitter? :lol:

Nixon broke the Collins story in January, he said Bournemouth, Sheff Wed and Birmingham were either interested or in for BPF.

I don't know how you don't understand that reporting we are interested in signing Albrighton is different from saying Albrighton has signed for Burnley. He's mentioned we are interested in Albrighton and Cornet but we are struggling to fund the deals.
Nope, don’t have Twitter :lol: But if I did, I wouldn’t follow Nixon because his “information” is so rarely accurate. No axe to grind with him, he’s just doing what journo’s do - pretending to know more than they do, making clickbait stories out of nothing and writing in very vague terms such that their stories that leave every possible outcome available.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 am

A little bit disconcerting that newly promoted clubs, predicted to struggle by many posters on here, like Brentford are able to nip in ahead of us and sign promising players like Myles Pert-Harris simply because following a takeover we are lacking funds.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 am

Mattster wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:47 am
They play 4-4-2 and Richardson is a striker. A striker that will drop in to link up play when needed but a striker nonetheless. Whilst Harker has been injured the difference in the 4-4-2 from first team to U23s is the lack of a target man with Mumbongo preferring to run in behind and Richardson preferring the ball in to feet. Playing a striker as a right winger (Thompson) also gives it a different balance as he often drifts into a more wide forward role. It's still a 4-4-2 and Richardson isn't an attacking midfielder.

Recruitment isn't exactly ideal as we'd be looking to bring more through from the younger age groups ourselves but that takes time, especially after the previous regime gutted it, hence the high turnover as we still need to field a team week in week out. At the end of the day the point of the youth setup is to develop the few players that ultimately have a chance of making it with us or earning us a fee. Picking up players released from bigger clubs hasn't gone badly in that respect so far McNeil, Dunne, Benson have all broken through or earned a fee with Thomas probably the next on the conveyor. You're being reductive to suggest we just pick them up on release based purely on who has released them, with little thought or scouting too IMO.

There have been some smarter aquisitions, Gomez-Mancini for example. Another route we look to have been exploring is players who's development may be lagging behind for one reason or another such as Phillips, Nartey and Mumbongo as they could have a higher ceiling if they get back on track.

If we can get to the top tier of PL2 and start bringing through more money from the conveyor belt then I'd like to see us trying to poach players from bigger academies that they want to keep but the players don't see a pathway. Chelsea these past few weeks have lost quite a few of their best U23s for this reason (Lewis Bate, Dynel Simeu, Myles Pert-Harris and Toni Livramento likely to follow soon) for relatively small fees. Right now we don't have the money to make these kinds of signings but if we can get the academy making profits then it can start speculating on these players more and offering better pathways to first team football.
Newly Promoted Brentford, predicted by many on here for a season of struggle, nipped in ahead of us to sign Myles Peart-Harris a player out of our reach financially because a takeover has left us without significant funds to compete in the transfer market.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am

Who the feck is Myles Peart-Harris and how do you know he was out of our reach financially?
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley Ace tiger76

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 am
Newly Promoted Brentford, predicted by many on here for a season of struggle, nipped in ahead of us to sign Myles Peart-Harris a player out of our reach financially because a takeover has left us without significant funds to compete in the transfer market.
What did we offer ?

Are you really claiming we couldn't afford an 18 yr old from Chelsea who has gone to Brentford, ignoring the fact he can remain living where he already is, we missed out on him because we couldn't afford him ?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 am

Tall Paul wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am
Who the feck is Myles Peart-Harris and how do you know he was out of our reach financially?
A deal that could eventually reach around 1m :D

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 am

Tall Paul wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am
I’ve had to look him up myself after hearing the name for the first time on here

I’m sure we’ve missed out there
Attachments
1F6CD25E-C2D0-4CF9-8F04-0DF485AB666E.png
1F6CD25E-C2D0-4CF9-8F04-0DF485AB666E.png (455.66 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
4C775FFD-7B89-40C9-9548-9959BF42401D.png
4C775FFD-7B89-40C9-9548-9959BF42401D.png (470.65 KiB) Viewed 4099 times

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 am

I'm done with all this doom-mongery. Knee-jerk reactions, statements which don't hold water from supposedly 'in the know' people. The average supporter has no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and rightly so. Some of these posts are akin to a child throwing his sandwich on the floor just because he can't have an ice cream.

I'll just wait for CT's articles when something happens.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:04 am
I’ve had to look him up myself after hearing the name for the first time on here

I’m sure we’ve missed out there
If there had been any sort of link with him or he was some well known, highly-rated youngster, I could maybe understand it, but it just seems like a really odd thing to criticise the club for.
This user liked this post: wilks_bfc

Paulclaret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Paulclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 am

The thought that we couldn't compete to sign an unknown 18 year old from Chelsea is idiocy beyond belief. This board is getting worse, if that was possible!

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 am

Tall Paul wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am
If there had been any sort of link with him or he was some well known, highly-rated youngster, I could maybe understand it, but it just seems like a really odd thing to criticise the club for.
We’ll just have to see how many times he’ll feature for Brentford this season

I’m guessing less than 5, if any

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 am

Edit:Just noticed they were talking about PL2/u23, not the first team

Grimsdale
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 80 times

Post by Grimsdale » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:24 am

It was bad enough when Watford signed Mattie Pollock from Grimsby, but Brentford snatching Myles Peart-Harris from under our noses really takes the biscuit.
What on earth are these new so-called owners playing at?
This user liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:33 am

There must be an awful lot of Deadwood supporters on here, with all the negativity that's being shown. For goodness sake, if you want to whinge, at least wait while the window closes in five weeks time.

I suspect a lot of posters will be eating their words.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 am
What did we offer ?

Are you really claiming we couldn't afford an 18 yr old from Chelsea who has gone to Brentford, ignoring the fact he can remain living where he already is, we missed out on him because we couldn't afford him ?

Obviously you didn't read the post from Mattster

"available for a very small fee……Right now we don't have the money to make these kind of signings"

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 am
Edit:Just noticed they were talking about PL2/u23, not the first team
Myles Peart-Harris scored 7 goals in 13 appearances from midfield for Chelsea in PL2 last season. Not too shabby and we could certainly do with somebody who can score from midfield since we were 3rd lowest scorers in the PL last season.

leightonjameslegend
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by leightonjameslegend » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:44 am

This board is getting more and more bizarre!

There is a month of the Window left and we have 2 signings in already. We have been actively looking at RM/RW players including Young who journo's said was very close until Villa came in. We are still in for players and I believe we will sign 1 or 2 and even more importantly potentially not lose anyone from the first team.
It is obvious there is a core of support who mistrust and almost want ALK to fail. After all, it was ALK who signed 1 player in the last summer window, a crock for less than £1m!
They are making strides both on and off the field to make us a more marketable Premier League team which in turn will improve revenues.

Give them time and give them a break. If we haven't signed anyone else by the end of the Window, moan then. Anything else is premature!
These 3 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 tiger76 CharlieinNewMexico

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:45 am

There are so many posters on here no little or nothing about what going on players wise at the club
But persist in spouting shite on here ….its absolutely getting ridiculous now.
Just wait … lets see what will happen in next 4/5 weeks.

CaymanClaret
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by CaymanClaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 am

minnieclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 am
Never heard of this lad but if he’s any good his international captain could have a word in his ear!
No trouble with registration as he was born in London.

70C30DF1-6715-4CFA-89FA-58C636C4414B.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Garbett
I'd be more excited about Cacace or Bell.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am
Myles Peart-Harris scored 7 goals in 13 appearances from midfield for Chelsea in PL2 last season. Not too shabby and we could certainly do with somebody who can score from midfield since we were 3rd lowest scorers in the PL last season.
I’m confused now (not difficult after the week I’ve had) but are you suggesting him for the u23s or the first team?

CaymanClaret
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by CaymanClaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:51 am

CaymanClaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 am
I'd be more excited about Cacace or Bell.
And Stamenic too...

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:51 am

I think Gilmour season loan signing to Norwich is the business of the window so far, all teams in premiership 8th down he is a starter every game.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:01 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 am
I’m confused now (not difficult after the week I’ve had) but are you suggesting him for the u23s or the first team?

For the U23 initially to see if he can step up to be in and around the 1st team. He was involved and got some game time (15 minutes) for Brentford in their friendly with Man Utd.

Another poster mentioned he might appear just 5 times for Brentford this season. About the same number as Stephens for us then?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:01 am
For the U23 initially to see if he can step up to be in and around the 1st team. He was involved and got some game time (15 minutes) for Brentford in their friendly with Man Utd.

Another poster mentioned he might appear just 5 times for Brentford this season. About the same number as Stephens for us then?
And why do you think he's better than the U23 players we've signed recently, such as Gomez Mancini?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:19 am

Spijed wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 am
And why do you think he's better than the U23 players we've signed recently, such as Gomez Mancini?
Maybe his EPL experience, admittedly only 8 games over 2 seasons, but that's with Chelsea who are quite good.
Perhaps his performance for Scotland vs England.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:19 am

Spijed wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 am
I suppose time will tell won't it?

Let's monitor their progress this season and see how many appearances and match contributions both players are able to make (if any).

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am
I scored 4 goals for my 7 a side team last night. Those goals would be invaluable for a team who scores as few as Burnley. I don’t think we’ve had a player who’s scored 4 goals in a singe Premier League game.
These 2 users liked this post: wilks_bfc CharlieinNewMexico

maccclaret
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by maccclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:33 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 am
I scored 4 goals for my 7 a side team last night. Those goals would be invaluable for a team who scores as few as Burnley. I don’t think we’ve had a player who’s scored 4 goals in a singe Premier League game.
Have Brentford or CP been in touch yet?
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:34 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:19 am
Maybe his EPL experience, admittedly only 8 games over 2 seasons, but that's with Chelsea who are quite good.
So just because someone have played for a good top six side makes them a good player does it?

I'll just point out that both Richard Eckersley & Lee Roche played for Man U. in the Premier league under Sir Alex and who later signed for us.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:10 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 am

I don't think Walking Football qualifies :lol:
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 am
It's probably more likely that we weren't in for him or the lad didn't want to move out of London or he saw a better pathway at Brentford than a funding issue.

We need to establish our U23s in the PL2 top tier and a bit more of a track record of bringing players through (like Leeds and Brighton have done) before we can start picking up these kind of players. This takes time and I think we're on the right track. With more funding it could be fast-tracked but right now the focus is on the first team and rightfully so.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:20 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:01 am

That “other” poster was me :D

I just trying to work out your reasoning to think somebody that scored 7 in 13 for Chelsea u23 in the PL2 would be able to replicate anything like that in the PL.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 am

Mattster wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am
It's probably more likely that we weren't in for him or the lad didn't want to move out of London or he saw a better pathway at Brentford than a funding issue.

We need to establish our U23s in the PL2 top tier and a bit more of a track record of bringing players through (like Leeds and Brighton have done) before we can start picking up these kind of players. This takes time and I think we're on the right track. With more funding it could be fast-tracked but right now the focus is on the first team and rightfully so.
Kenton seems to be suggesting though that we should be picking up these players and putting them in the first team

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:23 am

maccclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:33 am
Have Brentford or CP been in touch yet?
They have but I'm keeping my options open. Being northern based and having a penchant for omelettes I do have a preferred move in mind.
These 2 users liked this post: maccclaret longsidepies

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:27 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:19 am
That was Gilmour, who has gone on loan to Norwich. Or have I missed something?
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:46 am

minnieclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:27 am
That was Gilmour, who has gone on loan to Norwich. Or have I missed something?
Yes, sorry about that. For some reason I thought the conversation had moved on to Gilmour some way back. This is getting very confusing now. We seem to be talking about everyone we don't sign

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:03 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:34 am
Obviously you didn't read the post from Mattster

"available for a very small fee……Right now we don't have the money to make these kind of signings"
No, I read your words "nipped in ahead of us"

That is like me saying while they were nipping in ahead of us signing someone for the under23s we nipped in ahead of them and signed Collins for 10m plus so Brentford must have no money if that is the type of player they are signing but that would be equally nonsense

Selby Claret
Been Liked: 402 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Selby Claret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:37 pm

s6t9a2f3f wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:51 am
I think Gilmour season loan signing to Norwich is the business of the window so far, all teams in premiership 8th down he is a starter every game.
I’m not convinced by this - the lad has played 22 competitive football matches in his entire career - all with the safety net of 10 CL winners around him every week - it’s a lot to ask for him to slot into a newly promoted PL team and be effective - we shall have to wait and see

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1392 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:41 pm

Zom Zom wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:05 am
...Knee-jerk reactions, statements which don't hold water from supposedly 'in the know' people. The average supporter has no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and rightly so. Some of these posts are akin to a child throwing his sandwich on the floor just because he can't have an ice cream.

I'll just wait for CT's articles when something happens.
Calm down, calm down. We need something to entertain us whilst we await solid news/facts from behind the scenes and a lot of those posts are ridiculously funny; give a thought for the parents too - it's the school summer holidays now, so if their kids are on here posting ******** they can relax in the knowledge that they're not out and about getting into/causing real trouble.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Looking like Grealish is of to City, how can any team compete with them next season.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 pm
Looking like Grealish is of to City, how can any team compete with them next season.
Villa will struggle for goals. I know they have signed buendia but I don’t think they will have the creativity

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:20 pm

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:19 pm
Villa will struggle for goals. I know they have signed buendia but I don’t think they will have the creativity
With the cash they might come in for Dwight, £40m and they’ve still got a quid or two to get a few more…

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2064 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:24 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 pm
United have strengthened a lot. Liverpool will have their defence back and Chelsea improved a lot under Tuchel. Chelsea are trying to bag Haaland which would improve them immediately.

City will be strong though if they get Grealish and Kane.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:26 pm

When Grealish was out injured last season Villa clearly struggled. I suspect Dean Smith might be exposed even more this coming season as a manager with very limited skills and they could struggle a bit.