Fulham's preview of Monday's game

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Fulham's preview of Monday's game

Post by Leisure » Sun May 09, 2021 4:08 pm

The opposition

A tough end to the season has left Burnley fans looking over their shoulder somewhat. Four defeats in their last five fixtures mean safety is not yet guaranteed, though they do sit nine points clear of Fulham.
The one game in that run that they didn’t lose, though, was one of their performances of the season, when they secured an entirely deserved 4-0 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux.
Chris Wood netted a hat-trick in that game, and in doing so became the first New Zealander to score three goals in a Premier League fixture. The Clarets striker is certainly ending the season well, finding the net seven times in as many outings.

Fulham team news
Harrison Reed returned to light training on Friday so Scott Parker and his staff will make a later decision on his potential involvement, as well as that of Tom Cairney.

Burnley team news
Wood picked up a dead leg in Burnley’s home defeat by West Ham United but will be fine for the Craven Cottage trip. Robbie Brady and Kevin Long will both miss out, though.

Player insight
Bobby De Cordova-Reid knows nothing is confirmed yet, and will endeavour to continue the fight.
“Everyone knows there’s still a job to do,” he told FFCtv. “Until all is said and done, we’re going to go for it and try and get as many wins as possible.
“We can’t give up. We’ve got to keep fighting, we’ve got to keep working on what we can do for the next game to try and win it, and hopefully it will all come together on Monday.”

Form
Fulham: LLLDL
Burnley: LLLWL

Pre-match quotes

"My belief is not waning, definitely not, because at this moment there’s still four games left. I’m not deluded, I understand the predicament we’re in, I understand how difficult the challenge is, but the challenge is still there."
Scott Parker
Fulham Head Coach

"We have had lesser runs of form and had more points on the table. Our performance level is still high. We always go out with the intention of winning."
Sean Dyche
Burnley Manager