Comments from the Chairman

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Comments from the Chairman

Post by Leisure » Sun May 09, 2021 8:23 pm

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted on a thread. Also, I'm amazed at this comment - 'So the next phase was never going to be at an increased ticket price.'

Lancs live - Alan Pace on Burnley vs Liverpool ballot, learning from mistakes and season ticket prices

Burnley are not charging fans for entry to the Premier League game with Liverpool later this month
accrington

New Burnley chairman Alan Pace

Alan Pace has explained the thinking behind Burnley's ticketing strategy as they prepare to welcome fans back into Turf Moor.

Around 3,500 supporters will be admitted for the Premier League clash with Liverpool on Wednesday, May 19, with a ballot now open for season ticket holders who left their money on account with the club.

The tickets will be free of charge with the club encouraging donations to be made to the NHS.

Pace also addressed the renewal process for next season, which was announced last month, and apologised for the communication and technology issues around the pricing structure.

Here's everything the Clarets chairman had to say.

On supporters being back in

"I think it is amazing that we are finally at this stage, we have all been waiting for this moment. It is huge.

"It is a little too quiet in the stadium with no fans and it is an amazing opportunity for us to welcome back everyone and we are super excited."

On making Liverpool tickets free

"The thought behind that is that there is tremendous amount of commitment that has been shown by supporters around the community in making sure this club was ready to come back full force. We owe them this opportunity to be here and it should be for free and we are very happy to be able to do that. "

On encouraging an NHS donation

"What we talked about amongst ourselves was that this looked like a great opportunity to encourage people to thank all those who have made it possible.

"The NHS has been amazing and there has been lots of things done for a number of folks in different ways. We wold encourage and we will be making a donation in lieu of anything that you would have spent on the tickets. It is encouraged but not required, we will let people do what they would like to but we will be (making a donation.)"

On deciding the first group in the ballot

"This has been an unusual time these last several months. We felt that those season ticket holders that had left their money on deposit and had paid for their season tickets, deserved the right to have the opportunity to ballot for the limited number of seats that are available.
Related Articles

"Unfortunately we cant broaden it beyond that. So those that were fortunate enough to be part of that group of roughly 10,000 fans will be able to ballot, if they so chose, to to be part of the 3,500 that can come into the stadium for the game."

On other options

"We looked at a lot of different processes, could we include anyone that wanted to? Could we include those that had taken their funds away? It was felt that for this match and this year this was the fairest. Those that had already committed previously should be given the first opportunity."

On the ticketing problems that fans faced

"We had broken down this process on the ticketing side. I know a lot of people will equate this to communication and new ownership, but we have a lot of challenges as a club both on a technology perspective and communication perspective on how we as new custodians can get involved and actually make things better.

"We are learning and there is no doubt about that. We didn't do a great job on communication on the first phase which was those that had left funds in the club.

"On this next phase those that had taken money out, which we fully support those decisions, but what had been set out was that was different to those that had left money in.

"So the next phase was never going to be at an increased ticket price.

"Our current price for those that have already renewed will be the same price as phase two.

"There is no increase in price for those who had previously been season ticket holders

"However the communication has not been such that we couldn't deliver that msg in the most coherent and easiest way to all of our supporters.

"What will be happening is that phase two will kick off with communicating to that group who had chosen to take their funds but still want to renew their seats and their tickets for next season.

"But because of reduced capacity we are not going to necessarily be able to sell more tickets to a capacity that is already well reduced on what we are looking for. We need to balance the ability to sell more tickets with what we are we going to be allowed to have in the ground

"Is it just going to be taking money to refund money, that doesn't make any sense. So there is a process that we need to work through. I can assure that those tickets are not being priced any different to what was paid last time."

On a phase two deposit

"For those that would like to renew their tickets we may be taking a small deposit of around £10 to secure the tickets so we know that it is there, so that we don't charge somebody and then refund them if we can't let them into the ground as that would be a wasteful exercise.

"We are looking at how you can secure the ticket, ensure there are no issues, but at a very minimal deposit to ensure you are in the process and nothing else."
This user liked this post: Bosscat

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Re: Comments from the Chairman

Post by tim_noone » Sun May 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Keep it short pete....what's your point?

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sun May 09, 2021 8:47 pm

I would hire this guy. He belongs in a heart warming Xmas film that makes you feel good all over . Maybe an all action hero who stands back before coming to the rescue
He’s a genius to pull off taking tens of millions from our football club’s bank account in a ‘you look after me , I’ll look after you deal’ with Garlick.
He has all the right responses , we need look no further , a genius on board who will transform our club beyond recognition .

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 4481 times

Post by MT03ALG » Sun May 09, 2021 9:06 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:47 pm
I would hire this guy. He belongs in a heart warming Xmas film that makes you feel good all over . Maybe an all action hero who stands back before coming to the rescue
He’s a genius to pull off taking tens of millions from our football club’s bank account in a ‘you look after me , I’ll look after you deal’ with Garlick.
He has all the right responses , we need look no further , a genius on board who will transform our club beyond recognition .
Your last 7 words are very true, just not sure about what form the transformation will be....

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Yes that’s the point

I must behave myself , and repeat continuously ‘ Exciting times , exciting times ..........’
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan NewClaret Buxtonclaret

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2313 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sun May 09, 2021 9:25 pm

Not surprising that an American would like to cast the NHS as a charity.

I've been making a significant contribution to it every month for 46 years Alan.
These 6 users liked this post: ten bellies Steve1956 boatshed bill dougcollins longsidepies Buxtonclaret

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 pm

The NHS has some marvellous clinicians and a lot of god awful wage stealing administrators.
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone HandforthClaret Juan Tanamera

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:25 pm

I've been making a significant contribution to it every month for 46 years Alan.
Well said, me too for 50+

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:25 pm

Don't know about a charity, but Trump thought he could buy it.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm

Lord knows what kind of stick Pace will get if he actually does something crappy or says something awful.

He's given season ticket holders the chance to get a free ticket via a ballot and has suggested supporters donate to charity.

What's the response from some quarters? Approbation and accusations.

Tottenham supporters are pointing at this decision as a shining example of how to reward and honour fans.

Some of you lot need to take a look in the mirror.

Goodnight, God bless.
These 26 users liked this post: bf2k Paul Waine randomclaret2 HandforthClaret claretgimmer DCWat Vegas Claret longhair superdimitri clitheroeclaret3 mill hill claret CardiffClaret cblantfanclub Goddy gandhisflipflop Bigvince Juan Tanamera Sproggy Stayingup Stalbansclaret NewClaret evensteadiereddie Zom Zom whiffa Goodclaret Belial

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun May 09, 2021 10:13 pm

Rowls wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm
Lord knows what kind of stick Pace will get if he actually does something crappy or says something awful.

He's given season ticket holders the chance to get a free ticket via a ballot and has suggested supporters donate to charity.

Tottenham supporters are pointing at this decision as a shining example of how to reward and honour fans.

Goodnight, God bless.
Think most fans will be won over if we have a successful summer window.

Not sure what the reaction will be if we don’t.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 pm

I’ve been mightily impressed with him so far. Seems a nice bloke first and foremost, and has done some good things. The club feels like it’s heading in the right direction at the moment.
These 4 users liked this post: mill hill claret Paul Waine superdimitri gandhisflipflop

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 pm

Rowls wrote:

Goodnight, God bless.
I’m sure you’ll be proven right Rowls . As I’m sure you do.
Personally I’m looking at a bigger picture. I was brought up never to take sweets off a stranger

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun May 09, 2021 10:17 pm

I think people need to read what was said about him donating to the NHS...

He stated "NHS Charities Together" ... as in.

https://www.justgiving.com/associationofnhscharities

Some need to get their facts straight.

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Sun May 09, 2021 11:51 pm

Rowls wrote:

Goodnight, God bless.
To be honest reading summer of these early comments makes me wonder if this new ownership will ever succeed in some “fans” eyes.

Oshkoshclaret
Been Liked: 317 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by Oshkoshclaret » Mon May 10, 2021 1:39 am

If he gave every season ticket holder a £50 goodwill refund there would be folks complaining that it’s not £100
These 6 users liked this post: Vegas Claret longhair superdimitri mill hill claret Juan Tanamera NewClaret

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 am

Some moronic comments as usual. Just like any citizen if our chairman (or board) who decided to move near Burnley want to use NHS they are required to pay for it. In fact, they have to pay a surcharge for it on a year by year basis.

What else do you expect them to do? Pay for NHS before they live here?

As bosscat above, it was just a recommendation made for a charity and not the organisation itself. Idiots are quick to type, but don't even bother to read.

I can't help but think some have an anti American agenda on here. If you don't like it, go support a club like Accrington instead.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Mon May 10, 2021 7:48 am

Is the gripe because not everyone is going to get a ticket? They could have charged for them but they decided not to. This is what I've read.

"It is encouraged but not required, we will let people do what they would like to but we will be (making a donation.)"

In other words It's not compulsory. I'm not happy about losing my brilliant seat but now I've calmed down I'm not holding the Chairman responsible, it's a business at the end of the day. Let's all keep calm, be nice to each other and at least give the guy a chance, he's only been at the helm a short while.

leightonjameslegend
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by leightonjameslegend » Mon May 10, 2021 7:49 am

It really does feel like there is an agenda against the new chairman.
I have reached out to him on a business level and he responded immediately with a lot more grace than a lot of business owners I have had to deal with. Whatever the reality is of the takeover deal, I believe Mr. Pace and his team will transform our club.
After a call on Friday with someone in the club, you will see lots of changes. A major new sponsor will be brought in, advertising opps around and within the ground will generate more income. Ground improvements and supporter experience will be improved and Burnley will become a recognised brand across the globe.
Finally, I was 100% assured funds will be available for Sean in the summer and that he will be backed.
However, I believe this will be a slower process than some would like but non the less change is coming.
I for one am willing to see where AP takes us and give him a chance.
These 9 users liked this post: Tall Paul mill hill claret Paul Waine gandhisflipflop Juan Tanamera NewClaret evensteadiereddie superdimitri DCWat

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon May 10, 2021 8:01 am

leightonjameslegend wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:49 am
I have reached out to him on a business level and he responded immediately with a lot more grace than a lot of business owners I have had to deal with. Whatever the reality is of the takeover deal, I believe Mr. Pace and his team will transform our club.
After a call on Friday with someone in the club, you will see lots of changes. A major new sponsor will be brought in, advertising opps around and within the ground will generate more income. Ground improvements and supporter experience will be improved and Burnley will become a recognised brand across the globe.
Finally, I was 100% assured funds will be available for Sean in the summer and that he will be backed.
However, I believe this will be a slower process than some would like but non the less change is coming.
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head with the words ‘give him a chance’. Unfortunately some of our fans seem completely incapable of this.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:01 am
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head with the words ‘give him a chance’. Unfortunately some of our fans seem completely incapable of this.

Think the "give him a chance" plea will fall on deaf ears with some. You can clearly see some who think the owners job is to fund transfers out of his own pockey rather than running a club successfully.

The number of times you read on here, "how can we sign players when the new owners have no money" shows what is/was expected of new owners. They wanted a sugar daddy rather than a businessman. They haven't got that so they have failed already.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:45 am

Sounds like some money will be available for incomings then

But not that much this summer ?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 10, 2021 8:48 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 am
Think the "give him a chance" plea will fall on deaf ears with some. You can clearly see some who think the owners job is to fund transfers out of his own pockey rather than running a club successfully.

The number of times you read on here, "how can we sign players when the new owners have no money" shows what is/was expected of new owners. They wanted a sugar daddy rather than a businessman. They haven't got that so they have failed already.
You should be able to do both with a well prepared & a well executed plan regarding running the club successfully. If people don’t see improvements from the old regime to the new regime of course question marks will exist some valid some invalid, supporters/fans having doubts & being hesitant about the new owners & future progression doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t want to give the new owners this talked about chance, it just simply means some people are more cautious & don’t have same belief & conviction others do, there’s no right or wrong in my view because it's far too early to judge anything, a good full season & at least 2 transfer windows should indicate the intentioned significance.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2313 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am

Observations that some are quick to be critical can always be countered by observing that some are perhaps a little quick to applaud.

Others don't really quite grasp that some believe that stuff like "" NHS charities" is a harbinger for a shift in perceptions about the fundamentals of something that many of us hold very dear. To understand this one or two people above need to develop their thinking beyond the "captain Tom" level.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am

Mon May 10, 2021 8:14 am

I agree to an extent. Do you not think the reason most fans are currently anti ALK is the way in which they have bought the club and then failing at the first hurdle with the winter transfer window.

Like I said earlier up, if we have a successful window and actually improve the first 11, I am sure the majority will come around.

If we don’t I could see it getting sour.

leightonjameslegend

Post by leightonjameslegend » Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am

No mention of how much but he will have money available.
We will also have the Gibson money and if Tarks leaves money from his transfer to add into the pot.
I think we will spend more than we are used to seeing but not crazy levels.
Lot's of relative bargains to be had from the championship as clubs feel the pinch. An example is Stoke City who apparently will allow Sam Clucas to leave on a free just to reduct the wage bill.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 am
I agree to an extent. Do you not think the reason most fans are currently anti ALK is the way in which they have bought the club and then failing at the first hurdle with the winter transfer window.

Like I said earlier up, if we have a successful window and actually improve the first 11, I am sure the majority will come around.

If people are using the January window as a reason to be Anti-ALK then the owners actions aren't the issue and whatever they do moving forwards won't please everyone.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Not sure failing in the Jan window was such a surprise (given the actual market availability), but the financing of the takeover by ALK is somewhat questionable especially given that our surplus "cash in hand" has now disappeared

Where will we improve the starting eleven

A replacement for Tarks will not be an improvement (certainly not immediately)

Wide right is a potential area to improve with Brady seemingly on his way out. Can't see any full backs coming in (unless for future) as we have four experienced guys under contract now. SD still seems happy enough with Westwood, Cork and Brownhill in CM, plus four experienced strikers none of whom look likely to leave this summer

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3747 times
Has Liked: 7520 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Mon May 10, 2021 9:45 am

I'll give the guy a chance.
Just now I'm sat waiting though, without going straight up and giving him my paw...

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Mon May 10, 2021 9:46 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 am
Not sure failing in the Jan window was such a surprise (given the actual market availability), but the financing of the takeover by ALK is somewhat questionable especially given that our surplus "cash in hand" has now disappeared

Where will we improve the starting eleven

A replacement for Tarks will not be an improvement (certainly not immediately)

Wide right is a potential area to improve with Brady seemingly on his way out. Can't see any full backs coming in (unless for future) as we have four experienced guys under contract now. SD still seems happy enough with Westwood, Cork and Brownhill in CM, plus four experienced strikers none of whom look likely to leave this summer
If you think our 4 strikers will still be in place come august then I think you could be in for a surprise

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 am

Hi leightonjameslegend. (great user name, I enjoyed typing in full). Good post. I like the sound of Burnley becoming "a recognised brand across the globe."

Alan Pace, our new chairman gives free tickets to the lucky winners of the draw. That's great.

Alan Pace says he's donating to NHS charity. That's great. He suggests that others who are lucky to get a free ticket also give to NHS charity. Nothing "wrong" with that.

Exciting times.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: mill hill claret NewClaret

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon May 10, 2021 10:13 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

FFS what did you expect in Jan having literally just taking over? Did you criticize Laws and Kilby the same way when they struggled to get players in when Laws had just taken over in the Jan of 2010? The only people being sour about this is people like you not giving the new guys a chance. It is pathetic and yes their is an agenda against them. I have always maintained the fact that people who wanted BFC to remain stuck in the past will hold the club back, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's those same people who are now anti ALK.
These 2 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera superdimitri

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:46 am
If you think our 4 strikers will still be in place come august then I think you could be in for a surprise
You mean that we're only going to have 3! ;)

Local cricketer

Post by Local cricketer » Mon May 10, 2021 10:24 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 am
We might well have 4 but it won’t be the 4 we have now

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:28 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

I don't see most fans as anti ALK, possibly a loud minority is the best description. Those will be the ones who expected a long queue of people wanting to buy the club for best part of 200m out of their own pocket while knowing their turnover without Premier League TV is the square root of **** all.

As for failing in the transfer window, not sure buying someone the may not want for a price they don't agree with just to appease a few folk on the internet would have been counted as a success.

If you want things to happen overnight at a club like Burnley you are always going to be disappointed, that isn't the club failing more the individual not being realistic

Denno97
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by Denno97 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:33 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 am
At least we’ll get some money for Vydra to pay off the debt interest

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:24 am
Better than the four we have now ?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon May 10, 2021 10:39 am

It’s a fantastic gesture, no two ways about it. Hopefully it will be a “dead rubber” so the club may have felt there was a limit to what they could charge (say £20) so it will have cost the club £70,000. That’s small but not immaterial.

I won’t be applying, the outdoor masks rule I find OTT and very uncomfortable (I could understand it in the concourse for a short period until next season), but that doesn’t change the appreciation of the gesture.
This user liked this post: the_magic_rat

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon May 10, 2021 10:45 am

Surprised to hear of people “ anti ALK”? Is this based on this forum or Twitter etc ? I think AP has had a good start in bizzare times ,he’s a smooth successful operator. While he’s made all the right noises ,we all know it’s ultimately about squad investment ,which we desperately need after a woeful season where we’re still fighting relegation . While increasing corporate and global brand recognition is vital for revenue streams,it’s a matter of “do they have the cash to strengthen now” which will ultimately be their legacy .

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 10, 2021 10:45 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:24 am
Don't tell me that we're signing Aguero! :o

Local cricketer

Post by Local cricketer » Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:45 am
I don’t know who we are signing but one of our strikers has instructed his agent to find him a possible move to the states

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am

mill hill claret wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 am
Better than the four we have now ?
I’d imagine 2/3 of the 4 staying with an “ off the peg “ quality striker added . Though (IMO) it’s not so much a need as having a high end creative mid and or right sided player along with a quality RB , Lowton as able back up .

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:53 am

Local cricketer wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am
I don’t know who we are signing but one of our strikers has instructed his agent to find him a possible move to the states

Can probably squeeze a few quid out of Inter Miami for Barnes

TopCat
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by TopCat » Mon May 10, 2021 10:55 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:45 am
As long as he is not on penalties.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Mon May 10, 2021 11:16 am

A lot hanging on one usubstantiated comment here ref:- strikers

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am

Mon May 10, 2021 10:28 am
I don't see most fans as anti ALK, possibly a loud minority is the best description. Those will be the ones who expected a long queue of people wanting to buy the club for best part of 200m out of their own pocket while knowing their turnover without Premier League TV is the square root of **** all.

As for failing in the transfer window, not sure buying someone the may not want for a price they don't agree with just to appease a few folk on the internet would have been counted as a success.

If you want things to happen overnight at a club like Burnley you are always going to be disappointed, that isn't the club failing more the individual not being realistic
Yes you are correct, I meant most anti ALK fans (don’t think there is a large majority). I don’t think people were excpecting a Sheik to come in, but I certainly don’t think even the most avid fan expected or wanted a leveraged takeover.

I would class the January window as a failure, especially when they came out and said they would strengthen.

Right now I am slightly on the other side of the fence. They are starting to bring me around with a few of the recent initiatives. However, something just doesn’t sit right with me (my opinion, not making a dig at anyone or wanting to seem negative), it all just feels really dodgy.

Let’s hope I am wrong and it all works out but currently I’m dubious.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon May 10, 2021 12:10 pm

Local cricketer wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am
Which striker?

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon May 10, 2021 12:33 pm

It doesn't matter who bought the club. The vocal miserabilists will always find something to moan about. I mean, come on, it's Burnley, and we will always be in the top league when it comes to moaning, whinging and slagging off. We are all as bad as each other. Someone can point at a cloudless sky on a warm early autumn day and mention how great it makes them feel, and someone will come along and say 'don't worry, it'll soon be winter'.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon May 10, 2021 12:46 pm

A major new sponsor will be brought in
I know this has been debated on other threads but can't remember which ones. Saw this today:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... paign.html

THG were muted as potential sponsors last week, but I was unsure they would want to/could afford a move in to football sponsorship. That confirms they very much do want to and can!! Hopefully the opportunity to sponsor Burnley has played a part in their withdrawal from the United deal.

Also saw this:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/milli ... UXgZsdmMmq

Seems a top bloke Matthew Moulding and really hope that he is looking to get involved in the club in some way.

leightonjameslegend

Post by leightonjameslegend » Mon May 10, 2021 1:00 pm

The THG group certainly has the money.
They have just pulled out of a £200m sponsorship deal with Man United

https://thepeoplesperson.com/2021/05/09 ... ts-224432/
No idea if they would be interested in Burnley FC at major levels but certainly you would hope they could get involved at some point.

We will certainly have a major increase in sponsorship revenue, I have been told all static advertising boards are going and there will be Muti Level LED boards across the whole ground and the new screen outside the ground.
As I said earlier very confident Mr Pace and Co will bring in far more revenues than would have been possible with the old regime.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine