Scott Parker

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Re: Scott Parker

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:38 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:35 am
I've not seen a lot of Andersen this season but I've seen him talked up quite a bit on here. I thought he was atrocious last night; slow, lumbering, clumsy and shocking distribution. Totally bullied by Wood, and even Vydra.
That is how scouting works though on here for some, see someone have 1 good game or a score a goal on sky sports news and it is sign him on.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 966 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:38 am
That is how scouting works though on here for some, see someone have 1 good game or a score a goal on sky sports news and it is sign him on.
Of course the reverse is also true of see somebody have 1 bad game and completely write them off as rubbish.

The goals against column for Fulham shows 47 just as it does for Burnley, but only 25 goals scored shows that their major problem was in attack not in defence.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 am

I think like a lot of modern managers that want to play football, there is to much emphasis on what they do on the ball rather than without it.

If you think of the teams by the really good managers (Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel) their teams are some of the best out of possession. They’ll fight all day to regain it and show great character.

There’s also far too many teams set up to play and in fairness they do look good at times. But without it they look disinterested in doing the hard work to regain it. I’ve said it about Arsenal before where it looks just an easy club to be at, like kindergarten for footballers. Fulham look the same.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1675 times
Has Liked: 753 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 10:58 am

Have a huge amount of respect for him. He appeared after the SKY game and came over very honest and professional, and had the guts to do it. What was nice , when the whistle blew, and he must have been so down, he shook the hand of all our players including the subs. Always remember him as a combative midfielder who played at the highest level. I think there is a good manager in him, and I trust Fulham stand by him. If not he will be snapped up by another club and I am sure he will have a good future

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1145 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue May 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Scotty’s a sarf Londoner likes his top clobber oi oi. He flounced like a cheap tart after the cup game . He may well be a decent future manager but needs to learn his trade for few yrs rather than “ silver spooning “ in the Prem with too much cash and dealing with agents . 2 relegations on 3 yrs not good enough . He’d be better at a Millwall /Charlton

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 533 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Tue May 11, 2021 1:02 pm

kentonclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 am

The goals against column for Fulham shows 47 just as it does for Burnley, but only 25 goals scored shows that their major problem was in attack not in defence.
Interesting one re their defence, they conceded 10 goals in their first three games but tightened up subsequently & only let in more than 2 goals twice thereafter vs Man City and Everton. However they only kept six clean sheets vs 11 for Burnley, so maybe they are reasonably sound at the back but prone to lapses of concentration which maybe comes with Premier League experience. The details as Sean likes to call them.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3020 times
Has Liked: 3737 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue May 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Dyche said on that podcast that was posted on here recently that his advice to young managers is to win football matches before building your brand. Wonder whether Scott was the type of manager he had in mind?