Chris Wood

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Chris Wood

Post by pushpinpussy » Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 am

Jus thought id give a special mention to this guy. His form as been tremendous. His goals have kept us up. I never thought id say it but he is one of my favourite players at the moment. Looks a real handful and one of the best strikers in the Premier League on this form. well done Chris.
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret tiger76

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6858 times
Has Liked: 1470 times

Re: Chris Wood

Post by Rileybobs » Tue May 11, 2021 9:20 am

He was fantastic again in the first half last night, and put a good defensive shift in in the second. Maybe this is a cautionary tale to the trigger happy supporters who are all too quick to write a player off after a relatively short run of poor performances.

He may not always be easy on the eye but he is by far and away our best centre forward and we’re unlikely to ever have a player with a better a striker rate at this level over a sustained period of time.
This user liked this post: tiger76

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:25 am

Some of the players he is above in the goalscorer chart :-

Rashford
Sterling
Mane
Aubameyang
These 3 users liked this post: Taffy on the wing Stayingup WiscoClaret

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 168 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am

Been tremendous since we put a really good centre forward up top with him
This user liked this post: Norfolk Claret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3825 times
Has Liked: 2050 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:25 am
Some of the players he is above in the goalscorer chart :-

Rashford
Sterling
Mane
Aubameyang
All good players, but they play on the left. Hardly fair to compare with an out and out CF.

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1505 times

Post by Goodclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am
I think Vydra has been fantastic since getting a run in the side but to imply Wood wasn't a very, very good striker prior to that is a little short sighted. Double figures for the three previous seasons suggests he's always been pretty dam good to me.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 am
All good players, but they play on the left. Hardly fair to compare with an out and out CF.

Not really true what you say is it but, shall I compare him with out and out forwards of teams in and around our area of the league and who create as few chances as we do ?

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 233 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am

He's doing right now what he was always capable of, the reason is obviously threat of vydra up top with him, his pace has put an end to wood's constant off side problems, these two have the potential to give us 30 goals between them next season, I just wish vyds was getting the bit of luck he deserves right now, perhaps he's trying that tad too hard, you could clearly see his frustration at times last night, but potentially what a pairing they could be if they could both stay fit next season, be gutted if their not both still with us.

willsclarets
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Tue May 11, 2021 9:57 am

He's been excellent, but the support he's been getting has steadily improved too. Vydra is a brilliant foil for him by wanting to get in behind wood gets a bit more space in and just outside the box. As much as I like Barnes we're a lot more dynamic going forward with a footballer up there with Wood. What a signing Wood has been though, 10+ goal a season players are worth so much money in this league and we got him at a relative snip.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 9:58 am

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am
He's doing right now what he was always capable of, the reason is obviously threat of vydra up top with him, his pace has put an end to wood's constant off side problems, these two have the potential to give us 30 goals between them next season, I just wish vyds was getting the bit of luck he deserves right now, perhaps he's trying that tad too hard, you could clearly see his frustration at times last night, but potentially what a pairing they could be if they could both stay fit next season, be gutted if their not both still with us.

He scored more last season without Vydra than this season with, to give the credit to Vydra and not Wood is harsh.

Vydra has helped him yes, but as Vydra shows with the chances he misses you still have to put the ball in the net yourself
This user liked this post: Goodclaret

Ric_C
Been Liked: 741 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am

Worth noting that earlier on in the season, he was trying to get over a few injuries, and looked only 70% fit when he played. Amazing what confidence and fitness does to a player, and we need to remember this when slagging them off in the future.
These 8 users liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46 NewClaret evensteadiereddie Claretswift tiger76 Stalbansclaret The Enclosure gc14

ClaretFelix
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 123 times

Post by ClaretFelix » Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 am

Absolutely spot on, he's in great form, obviously revels in the little and large partnership. I have been a critic of his in the past, his hold up play and control can be questioned at times, but on reflection, this is when he's going through one of his lean spells, which seems to affect the rest of his game, leading to groans and him becoming a scapegoat for poor results.
This is where the manager should pull him out for a couple of games, allow for rest and reset before reintroducing him again.
I think Dyche has tried to let him play through the lean spells a little too long, in the hope that one will go in off his backside, whereas I think a fully refreshed Wood is, and has been a handful for some of the top defenders in the league.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2551 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:45 am
Been tremendous since day 1...... 4 consecutive seasons of double figure goals. The best striker I've seen in my time watching Burnley.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 233 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am

Tue May 11, 2021 9:58 am
He scored more last season without Vydra than this season with, to give the credit to Vydra and not Wood is harsh.

Vydra has helped him yes, but as Vydra shows with the chances he misses you still have to put the ball in the net yourself
How do you work out that I'm giving vydra credit and not Wood, I'm baffled ?

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 671 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 am

When he's playing like he is at the moment he is a real handful and an excellent centre forward. He's certainly having a purple patch now since he returned from his injury (maybe he was carrying a knock for a while?) but he was also completely ineffective for a good number of games early-mid season.

I'm not knocking him - I think he's great and he's our best forward - but supporters that are saying he's had "a good season" are forgetting some of the woeful performances and misses in the previous months.

No doubt that it's helped having Vydra playing up there with him which seems to have changed the our style of play for the better. But well done big man because 4 consecutive seasons hitting double figures in our team is an incredible achievement!

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2551 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 10:31 am

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 am
When he's playing like he is at the moment he is a real handful and an excellent centre forward. He's certainly having a purple patch now since he returned from his injury (maybe he was carrying a knock for a while?) but he was also completely ineffective for a good number of games early-mid season.

I'm not knocking him - I think he's great and he's our best forward - but supporters that are saying he's had "a good season" are forgetting some of the woeful performances and misses in the previous months.

No doubt that it's helped having Vydra playing up there with him which seems to have changed the our style of play for the better. But well done big man because 4 consecutive seasons hitting double figures in our team is an incredible achievement!
That's football. Season should be judged on a whole, but too many pile in with knee jerk hot takes on the back of a few bad performances, or a couple of misses. Score double digits in a season, for Burnley in the premier league, you've had a bloody good season. Do it 4 years on the bounce, and its a pretty amazing achievement, that way outweighs some short term lean spells.

Vydra has added to the team performances, but Wood has done his thing for 4 years, 3 years without Vydra. The maths don't add up.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1465 times
Has Liked: 1838 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 10:51 am

Best cheap signing since Mick Duff
An absolute steal and hopefully he will score more goals to beat Dirty Leeds on Saturday

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1675 times
Has Liked: 753 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 am

His goals kept us up-END OF !!

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 168 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 11:03 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 am
Been tremendous since day 1...... 4 consecutive seasons of double figure goals. The best striker I've seen in my time watching Burnley.

Yep hes our number 1 striker my point being his game has gone up a notch since he's had a better strike partner in and around him..vydra is 5 times the player of barnes..

Falcon
Been Liked: 890 times
Has Liked: 1146 times

Post by Falcon » Tue May 11, 2021 11:05 am

Yes sometimes he misses a chance he 'should' score, but every striker does that from time to time.

His shooting accuracy is 2nd to none in the PL if the statisticians are to be believed.

The important thing is even when he isn't quite putting them away, he's in the right place to create the chance at least. Even in a poor scoring period, his hunger never goes away and as long as you're getting the shots off eventually one is going to go in.

10+ goals 4 seasons running takes some doing at any level, let alone in the Premier League. Nabbing double figures this time is especially impressive, in a season where our 4 strikers have all been rotated due to injury issues.

Dike Muff
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 55 times

Post by Dike Muff » Tue May 11, 2021 11:23 am

I’m going to go out on a limb, making myself a hostage to fortune, and say he’s got a 20 goal season in him.
Depending on our retention and recruitment this summer, and him staying fit for the whole season, and the fact he’s now coming into the sweet spot of his career, I reckon it’ll be next season.

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:34 am

Yep hes our number 1 striker my point being his game has gone up a notch since he's had a better strike partner in and around him..vydra is 5 times the player of barnes..

A lesson from Sheedy claret on how to make use of a post praising Wood to 'have a go' at another player. Barnes too is a top striker for Burnley.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3020 times
Has Liked: 3737 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue May 11, 2021 11:43 am

Ric_C wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 am
Worth noting that earlier on in the season, he was trying to get over a few injuries, and looked only 70% fit when he played. Amazing what confidence and fitness does to a player, and we need to remember this when slagging them off in the future.
I was just going to comment that he looked a different player earlier in the season - hadn't realised he was injured. He looks a beast at the moment, defences can't handle him. He's so good when he plays with aggression.

Only area for improvement is that his passing is sometimes loose. To be fair, always gets back in when he loses it, but that's not really the point; we've nearly conceded a few goals this season from sloppy passes and need to cut them out to push on.

Hope he finishes the season well and goes in to next season on form. He is at his prime age-wise so should be enjoyable to watch (live) for the next couple of years.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:44 am

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 am
How do you work out that I'm giving vydra credit and not Wood, I'm baffled ?
Don't know

"He's doing right now what he was always capable of, the reason is obviously threat of vydra up top with him, his pace has put an end to wood's constant off side problems",

He is doing right now what he has done for the 4 seasons, as I have said he scored more last season without Vydra than he has this season with him

Raggus
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Raggus » Tue May 11, 2021 12:03 pm

Tue May 11, 2021 11:44 am
Don't know

"He's doing right now what he was always capable of, the reason is obviously threat of vydra up top with him, his pace has put an end to wood's constant off side problems",

He is doing right now what he has done for the 4 seasons, as I have said he scored more last season without Vydra than he has this season with him
He hasn't been up front with Vids all season though, Wood is our best striker, but its also no coincidence that he has been better recently due in no small part to having a strike partner with excellent movement pulling defenders out of position.

There are many factors to why Wood has scored so many goals recently, the team as a whole is playing better and with more freedom, his fitness and a strike partnership which is blossoming nicely.

Sometimes your posts seem to shoot Vids down as if he has had no impact on Wood and the team.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 pm

Raggus wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:03 pm
He hasn't been up front with Vids all season though, Wood is our best striker, but its also no coincidence that he has been better recently due in no small part to having a strike partner with excellent movement pulling defenders out of position.

There are many factors to why Wood has scored so many goals recently, the team as a whole is playing better and with more freedom, his fitness and a strike partnership which is blossoming nicely.

Sometimes your posts seem to shoot Vids down as if he has had no impact on Wood and the team.
I have repeatedly said I like Vydra, his movement and pace are excellent, would be happier if he scored some of his chances. I have also witnessed McNeil contribute to Wood's goals. As a pair they are comfortably our best 2 and I hope it gets better and better.

I just don't jump in and automatically think that everything good attacking wise is mainly down to Vydra. Remember we have finished in the top ten twice in the last 3 seasons with Wood playing without Vydra.

Raggus
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Raggus » Tue May 11, 2021 12:19 pm

Tue May 11, 2021 12:09 pm
I have repeatedly said I like Vydra, his movement and pace are excellent, would be happier if he scored some of his chances. I have also witnessed McNeil contribute to Wood's goals. As a pair they are comfortably our best 2 and I hope it gets better and better.

I just don't jump in and automatically think that everything good attacking wise is mainly down to Vydra. Remember we have finished in the top ten twice in the last 3 seasons with Wood playing without Vydra.
I don't think anybody is saying it's all down to Vids, but he has certainly had a huge impact, to understate that just seems to be a back handed put down. I think we have all witnessed the team play better with Vids playing alongside wood, taking some creative burden of the shoulders of Dwight which has seen an improvement in his form, pushed the team further up the field which has seen an improvement in the style and end product (at a slight detriment to the goal conceded column). All I'm saying is its been 1 hell of a coincidence if it is not in some way an impact of Vids playing.
Each to there own and football is all about opinions.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1017 times
Has Liked: 533 times

Post by Fretters » Tue May 11, 2021 1:03 pm

He seems to be our player equivalent of Sean Dyche, in that he's absolutely brilliant for us and should probably be at a bigger club (imagine him up front for a team who create far more chances), but he isn't 'fashionable' enough to get a big move. Long may it continue as their loss is definitely our gain.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue May 11, 2021 1:15 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:31 am
That's football. Season should be judged on a whole, but too many pile in with knee jerk hot takes on the back of a few bad performances, or a couple of misses. Score double digits in a season, for Burnley in the premier league, you've had a bloody good season. Do it 4 years on the bounce, and its a pretty amazing achievement, that way outweighs some short term lean spells.

Vydra has added to the team performances, but Wood has done his thing for 4 years, 3 years without Vydra. The maths don't add up.
I am judging it as a whole - others aren't. Wood has had an incredible 8 games but there were many games before that where he was completely off his game and ineffective. As I've said, I wonder whether he was carrying a knock and had to play because others weren't really fit either. Some people have put Wood forward as player of the season but can only really be basing that on the last 8 games.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:15 pm
I am judging it as a whole - others aren't. Wood has had an incredible 8 games but there were many games before that where he was completely off his game and ineffective. As I've said, I wonder whether he was carrying a knock and had to play because others weren't really fit either. Some people have put Wood forward as player of the season but can only really be basing that on the last 8 games.

Who else would you say has done a better job than Wood this season ?

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm

Tue May 11, 2021 1:17 pm
Who else would you say has done a better job than Wood this season ?
At what?

Before you start firing bullets at me, it might be worth reading my original post on this thread and knowing that I rate Wood.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm
At what?

Before you start firing bullets at me, it might be worth reading my original post on this thread and knowing that I rate Wood.

Firing bullets ? I just asked who has had a better season than Wood. The reason I asked was when it came to voting the other day I couldn't decide who to vote for.

Never said you didn't rate Wood, I was interested in who you would put forward. It is ok though, don't feel the need to offer a name, we can just move on.

Jakubs Tash

Post by Jakubs Tash » Tue May 11, 2021 1:25 pm

Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 pm
Firing bullets ? I just asked who has had a better season than Wood. The reason I asked was when it came to voting the other day I couldn't decide who to vote for.

Never said you didn't rate Wood, I was interested in who you would put forward. It is ok though, don't feel the need to offer a name, we can just move on.
Apologies. It was such a quick response that I thought you were being all defensive about it.

Ben Mee and James Tarkowski have been the best players this season in my opinion. I don’t think we have necessarily had any ‘stand-out’ players but they have been excellent, only really throwing in the odd bad one (which everyone is entitled to) and our season turned around once they re-started their partnership. What about you?
Last edited by Jakubs Tash on Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 533 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Tue May 11, 2021 1:26 pm

Not to detract from Wood's achievements, however he has had that little bit of luck recently as well. Take last night he lost the ball but luckily it rebounded to Brownhill who put him in and the goal that sparked his current spree was a gift from Granit Xhaka.

Some brilliant finishes though vs Everton, the first one at Wolves and last night.

Top player, we have been lucky to have him and hopefully keep him as well.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4061 times
Has Liked: 6528 times

Post by bobinho » Tue May 11, 2021 1:31 pm

He hasn’t had Vydra as a strike partner all season tho... fair enough if he had. He hasn’t played as many games either.

Wood has been a real handful. More so since Vydra has been involved substantially.

Don’t think anyone is taking anything away from Wood by referring to Vyds, they just like what they see when they are together.
This user liked this post: Raggus

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue May 11, 2021 1:44 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 am
This.

As I said on another thread, he's been getting into positions and putting up the xG numbers all season and that indicated that the goals were always going to come given enough time in the team.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:25 pm
Apologies. It was such a quick response that I thought you were being all defensive about it.

Ben Mee and James Tarkowski have been the best players this season in my opinion. I don’t think we have necessarily had any ‘stand-out’ players but they have been excellent, only really throwing in the odd bad one (which everyone is entitled to) and our season turned around once they re-started their partnership. What about you?

No apology needed, it is the internet :D

I honestly can't decide, I am still to vote. The whole season has been weird and agree there hasn't been a stand out. I am leaning towards Wood probably more so the fact it is harder for us as a team to score goals than keep clean sheets and for someone to get double figures 4 seasons running probably clouds my judgement slightly over the other 2 but that is my thinking at the moment.

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4038 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Vastly underrated.
Fortunately, not by our excellent management team.

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 471 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 2:21 pm

His finish last night was uncannily similar to the one he scored for Leicester against us at the Turf!

SouthLondonexile
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 247 times

Post by SouthLondonexile » Tue May 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Chris Wood scores goal that’s for sure.
He is a great asset , strong and knows exactly where the goal is.
I believe Vydra and Wood will be an enduring partnership and score even more goals next season.

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 471 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 2:36 pm

We will well set up for next season with a first choice front two of Wood and Vydra

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1248 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Tue May 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Got to be a strong contender for POTY as are a few others. I’ll go as far as to predict that if Gman votes for him, Wood will walk it.
Playing like a top PL striker at the moment and stands out because he has a game few strikers at this level have. There is always a good chance that when Wood starts scoring he will find a scoring run. The partnership with Vydra is one of my highlights of the season and has massively effected our end to the season.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 966 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:08 pm
Got to be a strong contender for POTY as are a few others. I’ll go as far as to predict that if Gman votes for him, Wood will walk it.
Playing like a top PL striker at the moment and stands out because he has a game few strikers at this level have. There is always a good chance that when Wood starts scoring he will find a scoring run. The partnership with Vydra is one of my highlights of the season and has massively effected our end to the season.

The recent scoring run of Chris Wood is one of the major factors of turning around our season. Burnley's tally of 33 goals scored is the 4th lowest in the PL and the 3 clubs that have performed worse in front of goal currently fill the 3 relegation places. At the end of February Burnley had the second lowest goals tally in the PL outperforming only bottom club Sheffield United.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:25 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 am
His goals kept us up-END OF !!
Yep! we've only scored 33, and he has 12 of then, so it's safe to say without his goals we'd be in big trouble, the only worry for me is our next highest PL scorers only have 3 to their name, and that's Barnes, Vydra and Westwood, so hopefully next season more of the squad will chip in, and not leave all the onus on Chris Wood, because although he might be going through a purple patch ATM, he will endure a drought again at some point as all strikers do now and again, he is probably one of the few players who doesn't want the season to end now he's in this rich vein of form.

burnmark
Been Liked: 591 times
Has Liked: 468 times

Post by burnmark » Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 pm

All 50 of his Burnley goals have been put on a new Clarets+ video.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... chris-wood

Stayingup
Been Liked: 913 times
Has Liked: 2724 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue May 11, 2021 11:06 pm

Vydra has good qualities and deserves his place but he is not an absolute top goal scorer.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 926 times

Post by CombatClaret » Tue May 11, 2021 11:13 pm

Dike Muff wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:23 am
I’m going to go out on a limb, making myself a hostage to fortune, and say he’s got a 20 goal season in him.
Depending on our retention and recruitment this summer, and him staying fit for the whole season, and the fact he’s now coming into the sweet spot of his career, I reckon it’ll be next season.
Only issue might be If he bangs in 20 goals next seasons he's off the following transfer window. So in some respects I'd sooner see him keep up a steady 10-15 goals for many more seasons and fly just under the radar while we add more goals from his partner and the midfield. It would be a nice problem to have :lol:

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1248 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Tue May 11, 2021 11:25 pm

I’d have no problem with Wood scoring 20 goals next season. With his record so far over the last 4 seasons he is already being discussed by PL clubs

Burnley87
Been Liked: 115 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnley87 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:07 am

Best compliment I can give to Chris wood is out of any of our centre forwards he generally gets the most amount of good chances in a game. Great movement and instinct to know where to be

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed May 12, 2021 7:35 am

Whether he’s better with Vydra is an interesting discussion.

For me he is.

However the most interesting thing about this is why it has taken so long for Vydra to be given any real game time.

By playing he’s gone from someone who didn’t seem to be trusted with a few minister here and there, literally sat on the bench whilst we laboured in games, to a fundamental part of our team.

I find that baffling.