Re: Phase 2 renewals and Phase 3 update

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
davetheclaret
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Phase 2 renewals and more lost seats

Post by davetheclaret » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:08 pm

This morning, i was informed that the ticket office had been able to retrieve my seat, and so i would therefore like to give a big shout out to young Abbie for the time and effort she put into resolving my situation, well done Abbie i am so grateful for what you have done, thank you.
Im hoping that all others like myself get a satisfactory outcome, and that we can all return to Turf Moor next season and support our team, i will then be able to show a token my appreciation to Abbie in person.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm

davetheclaret wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:08 pm
This morning, i was informed that the ticket office had been able to retrieve my seat, and so i would therefore like to give a big shout out to young Abbie for the time and effort she put into resolving my situation, well done Abbie i am so grateful for what you have done, thank you.
Im hoping that all others like myself get a satisfactory outcome, and that we can all return to Turf Moor next season and support our team, i will then be able to show a token my appreciation to Abbie in person.
Good news but without wanting to put a dampener on it, if you're in the Bob Lord behind the Directors section, then it may only be a reprieve for 12 months. Or are you a Phase 2 renewer?

davetheclaret

Re: Re: Phase 2 renewals and more lost seats

Post by davetheclaret » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it Leisure, im just pleased to have my seat back and be able to give to ticket office a thumbs up for once.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 pm

davetheclaret wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm
Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it Leisure, im just pleased to have my seat back and be able to give to ticket office a thumbs up for once.
Am I correct in taking it that you are a Phase 2 renewer? If so, then my comment regarding 12 months doesn't apply to you.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:18 pm
After being told by the Club a few weeks ago that no season ticket holders seats were being lost this season in the area behind the Directors seats, they've now informed me that the situation has changed, some seats will be lost and that those season ticket holders who are affected will be contacted personally by the Club. I've asked for details of just how many ST holders will be affected and what alternative seats they will be offered and am awaiting a response.
My Dad went down and managed to get 2 seats together in the next block, so he was quite happy in the end. They took him up into the Bob Lord to have a look at them as well.
I'd be interested to see who exactly has had to give their seats up though. I've always got the impression most people up there are on freebies, or are friends of directors etc.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 pm

davetheclaret wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:16 pm
Ticket office bailing out those upstairs again it seems.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:11 pm
Good news but without wanting to put a dampener on it, if you're in the Bob Lord behind the Directors section, then it may only be a reprieve for 12 months. Or are you a Phase 2 renewer?
With regards to the Bob Lord stand, there must be very few seats left if anyone wants to move there that have unhindered views where a pillar doesn't obstruct part of the pitch.

davetheclaret

Post by davetheclaret » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 pm
Am I correct in taking it that you are a Phase 2 renewer? If so, then my comment regarding 12 months doesn't apply to you.

That is correct Leisure, but what will happen in the future no one really knows.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1604 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:41 pm
I'd be interested to see who exactly has had to give their seats up though. I've always got the impression most people up there are on freebies, or are friends of directors etc.
I sit in there jrgbfc and I can assure you that my tickets are paid for each season.

davetheclaret

Post by davetheclaret » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:09 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:49 pm
Ticket office bailing out those upstairs again it seems.
Very much so, 'id just like to see a satisfactory outcome for all supporters and hope the club doesn't do the same again in future

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm
I sit in there jrgbfc and I can assure you that my tickets are paid for each season.
Darren - Have you had a call yet about your seat from the Club?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm
With regards to the Bob Lord stand, there must be very few seats left if anyone wants to move there that have unhindered views where a pillar doesn't obstruct part of the pitch.
There are usually plenty of choice of seats for 1 off games in both wings but don't know if any of those are obstructed by pillars.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1604 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm
Darren - Have you had a call yet about your seat from the Club?
Nothing yet Pete, fingers crossed I won't for another 12 months...

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Why are the club creating more seats for hospitality when before covid they couldn’t even fill all the hospitality seats they had? The back of the Jimmy Mac lower was always sparse. In a few years the ground is going to be high priced hospitality seats that are a 10th full. Makes no sense.
Is this the American way? Build it and they will come? Might work well for big city clubs but can’t see big business men wanting to come to Burnley to secure their contracts.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:05 pm
Why are the club creating more seats for hospitality when before covid they couldn’t even fill all the hospitality seats they had? The back of the Jimmy Mac lower was always sparse. In a few years the ground is going to be high priced hospitality seats that are a 10th full. Makes no sense.
Is this the American way? Build it and they will come? Might work well for big city clubs but can’t see big business men wanting to come to Burnley to secure their contracts.
The club has long said that it has a waiting list for hospitality seats, you would expect that at least some of that list will have season tickets at the ground while they are waiting for the opportunity to get a full season in the Hospitality seats

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:34 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm
None of the phase two people have had the chance to pay yet. Maybe they will play musical chairs with their seats?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:27 pm

With the limits on sporting events being lifted the week after next, can we expect news for those of us who paid a £10 deposit last month?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:54 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:05 pm
I don't think there is much demand to pay hospitality prices to sit in the cheap seats. They sell out the side seats for hospitality every season.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:05 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:27 pm
With the limits on sporting events being lifted the week after next, can we expect news for those of us who paid a £10 deposit last month?
With the new season fast approaching, I hope so !

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 pm

Has there been any murmurings from the club on phase 2 yet?

Surely they need to get their arse in gear as we are now one month from the first home game?

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 am

What is the situation regarding seat swaps? I bought my daughter her first season ticket pre lockdown and obviously it has not been used as yet. The seat next to me is owned by a guy who travels down from Scotland and he only attends a few games a season so when i have taken my daughter on in the past she tends to be able to sit next to me with no issues despite me having to buy a ticket a row behind and one along (diagonally) for her. When he has come to a game he graciously allows her to sit next to me and he takes up the seat I have bought.
Her new season ticket is for that seat diagonally behind me. I have no idea if the guy has signed up for a new season ticket and my worry is that if he hasn't and somebody else buys the seat they may not be as gracious. Naturally I would like to get the chance to move her into the seat next to me if he has vacated it as per my original plan pre lockdown.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:01 am

I think that they said there are no seat swaps this season.

beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:28 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:27 am
What is the situation regarding seat swaps? I bought my daughter her first season ticket pre lockdown and obviously it has not been used as yet. The seat next to me is owned by a guy who travels down from Scotland and he only attends a few games a season so when i have taken my daughter on in the past she tends to be able to sit next to me with no issues despite me having to buy a ticket a row behind and one along (diagonally) for her. When he has come to a game he graciously allows her to sit next to me and he takes up the seat I have bought.
Her new season ticket is for that seat diagonally behind me. I have no idea if the guy has signed up for a new season ticket and my worry is that if he hasn't and somebody else buys the seat they may not be as gracious. Naturally I would like to get the chance to move her into the seat next to me if he has vacated it as per my original plan pre lockdown.
Why not give the ticket office a ring and explain the situation, they may then tell you if the chap next to you has renewed or not, if not they may be able to organise it so you and your daughter are sat together, either way I’d ring ring them, I’ve always found them to be very helpful.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:33 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Essentially I've done the same for my son for years now mate

Chances even if its a new S/T holder then he/she is not the sort of person who is going to mind sitting a seat further away

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1044 times
Has Liked: 815 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:37 am

I have a similar problem in wanting to get my grandson the seat next to my son and I, it would be a lot easier and organised if the club allowed reserved notices on the seats for first refusal if that seat was to become vacant.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:28 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Although there is no official seat swop period I'd suggest that you contact the Ticket Office and I'm sure that they will try to accommodate you.

bodge
Been Liked: 725 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by bodge » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:28 pm

Those who've paid their £10 have until Monday next week to pay up, you also have a 6 month free of charge, direct debit option.

General sale for season tickets starts Tuesday 27th.

Fair do's to the club.

Source - official site.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:57 pm

bodge wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:28 pm
Those who've paid their £10 have until Monday next week to pay up, you also have a 6 month free of charge, direct debit option.

General sale for season tickets starts Tuesday 27th.

Fair do's to the club.

Source - official site.
And a lot of credit to Leisure & Burnley FC Supporters Groups without whom there would have been a price increase and no direct debit option.
These 4 users liked this post: randomclaret2 bodge beddie Boss Hogg

davetheclaret

Post by davetheclaret » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Having heard nothing from the club, and having seen nothing on here about the cost of tickets, does anyone know what the cost of a season ticket is in the JHL stand Block 7.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3060 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:00 pm

davetheclaret wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:58 pm
Having heard nothing from the club, and having seen nothing on here about the cost of tickets, does anyone know what the cost of a season ticket is in the JHL stand Block 7.
There's a lot of pricing info on the story on the Official Site

davetheclaret

Post by davetheclaret » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Thanks zizkovclaret i will take a look on there.

Eddiebfc
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Eddiebfc » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Strangely they’ve actually reduced the price of the JM Lower to £319. I’ve had £10 refunded from the price I paid fir last seasons ticket. Other points to note are £650 for a ticket in Bob Lord surely an increase and James Hargreaves stand now North Stand. Was this known? UTC
Last edited by Eddiebfc on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:09 pm

I paid my £10 deposit to secure my seat but want to move stands, does anyone know it is possible to arrange a seat swap yet?

mill hill claret
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by mill hill claret » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Wonder if James Hargreaves sponsorship of the Longside has ended ...listed as the North stand in the phase 2 article on official website

burnmark
Been Liked: 592 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:25 pm

Eddiebfc wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:09 pm
Strangely they’ve actually reduced the price of the JM Lower to £319. I’ve had £10 refunded from the price I paid fir last seasons ticket. Other points to note are £650 for a ticket in Bob Lord surely an increase and James Hargreaves stand now North Stand. Was this known? UTC
Those are phase 3 prices. Not sure what prices were after Early Bird last season but it does seem an increase.

They’ve also added ‘wing’ prices to The Bob Lord which we’ve never had before.

EDIT: looks like a whole new seating/pricing structure across the ground!

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:37 pm

burnmark wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:25 pm
Those are phase 3 prices. Not sure what prices were after Early Bird last season but it does seem an increase.

They’ve also added ‘wing’ prices to The Bob Lord which we’ve never had before.

EDIT: looks like a whole new seating/pricing structure across the ground!
Certainly a wider spread, and greater variety of prices, which is a very 'American ' way of pricing events

Eddiebfc
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Eddiebfc » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:52 pm

Just checked and most expensive early bird tickets were £455 for Bob Lord and JH upper centre. Now they are £650 and £585. Most expensive JH lower now £545 up from £415.
Last edited by Eddiebfc on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burnmark
Been Liked: 592 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:55 pm

Eddiebfc wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:52 pm
Just checked and most expensive early bird tickets were £455 for Bon Lord and JH upper centre. Now they are £650 and £585. Most expensive JH lower now £545 up from £415.
Ouch!

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:57 pm

Not sure how much difference there was in the early bird and general sale in the jmu last season, there’s only £27 difference this year.

Leisure

Re: Re: Phase 2 renewals and Phase 3 update

Post by Leisure » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:23 pm

Great news that the Club are offering a 6 month DD.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:27 pm

Leisure wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:23 pm
without charge too apparently

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2917 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:06 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:23 pm
Will that apply to 'Phase 3' Purchases?

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:23 am

Renewal done, dusted and even applied my 19/20 refund for good measure.

Cant wait to get back

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:26 am

gawthorpe_view wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:06 am
Will that apply to 'Phase 3' Purchases?
Please note, standard season tickets will also have the option of being paid for on the direct debit option up until 12:30pm on 31st July. After this time unfortunately we will not be able to offer a DD option.
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:03 am

There used to be on price in the Longside upper but Lee Hoos introduced two prices with it slightly more expensive in the middle than the wings. I don't think it was more than a tenner. The Bob Lord was the same price as the Longside centre price.

Have you seen the difference in prices now in the two stands for phase 3? Three prices in Longside upper now at £475, £515 and £585 with Bob Lord at £515 and £650.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:03 am
There used to be on price in the Longside upper but Lee Hoos introduced two prices with it slightly more expensive in the middle than the wings. I don't think it was more than a tenner. The Bob Lord was the same price as the Longside centre price.

Have you seen the difference in prices now in the two stands for phase 3? Three prices in Longside upper now at £475, £515 and £585 with Bob Lord at £515 and £650.
Not sure how I’d feel being sat on row M, knowing the person in front had paid £100 less than me :shock:

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 am

Good start.

Logged on. Said there were no season tickets to renew.

Phoned up. The system didn’t have me and my family in our old seats, but spread across the JHU. Two of our seats allocated to someone else. First I’d heard of it.Lad couldn’t explain it.

Waiting for a call back.
Last edited by agreenwood on Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:14 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:10 am
Not sure how I’d feel being sat on row M, knowing the person in front had paid £100 less than me :shock:
Similar in the Longside Upper - you could be in front of or to the side of someone paying considerably less. If they continue with those differences for 2022/23 there are going to be some big increases in early bird prices,

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:15 am

Saw the announcement re Phase 2 this morning and logged in immediately.

Very simple process, all done within two or three minutes.

Huge relief now it's done. Can't wait to get back.

C'mon you PL Clarets.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:19 am

Eddiebfc wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:09 pm
None of the sponsors are showing for the phase 3 prices. Longside is/was James Hargreaves, and I have heard they have opted to discontinue, while Bob Lord was Howard Rigg, cricket field was Ladbrokes and I'm not sure who sponsored the Jimmy Mac. What next? A Barnfield Stand?