Re: Phase 2 renewals and Phase 3 update

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Re: Phase 2 renewals

Post by Darthlaw » Wed May 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Absolute joke if that is the case and those who have been told their seat is saved lose out.

Just checked the tickets section of my account and it's showing Season Ticket 2021-2022 Reserved for me and the Mrs, in our seats, with a product date of Sunday 31 July 2022.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Still cant link my accounts.

Have emailed the SLO numerous times and they just reply once then don't bother again, they have told me to email the website@ address and they simply just don't reply. The ticket office tell me to repeat the above.

An absolute disgrace to be honest, I would love to renew in phase 2 but It doesn't seem that BFC are that bothered about me doing so.

I appreciate the SLO is just one person but that simply isn't good enough for whats supposed to be a Premier League football club.

claretstheway
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by claretstheway » Wed May 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi Leisure, I've one for you to check with the club. My father is registered blind & has an OAP disabled ticket & I'm his personal assistant. We are unable to purchase tickets online due to the personal assistant part of the tickets. We always pay in advance & couldn't sort our before lockdown affected the early bird time. We have held season tickets for 33 years, dad been attending since 1947. I've been down to ticket office to explain situation & got told your Phase 2 that's the rules you has the option to purchase before lockdown, but couldn't so online & was planning to go down in the last week of early bird. Could you ask the question how we're we meant to renew when all means we're closed down to us.
Any response would be gratefully appreciated. We're not after preferential treatment just fairness to be able to renew like people who pay by direct debit.
This user liked this post: claretblue

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Wed May 19, 2021 7:11 pm

claretstheway wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:01 pm
Hi Leisure, I've one for you to check with the club. My father is registered blind & has an OAP disabled ticket & I'm his personal assistant. We are unable to purchase tickets online due to the personal assistant part of the tickets. We always pay in advance & couldn't sort our before lockdown affected the early bird time. We have held season tickets for 33 years, dad been attending since 1947. I've been down to ticket office to explain situation & got told your Phase 2 that's the rules you has the option to purchase before lockdown, but couldn't so online & was planning to go down in the last week of early bird. Could you ask the question how we're we meant to renew when all means we're closed down to us.
Any response would be gratefully appreciated. We're not after preferential treatment just fairness to be able to renew like people who pay by direct debit.
I’m not sure that needs checking, you’re in the same boat as 4000 others who didn’t renew in time or took their cash out.
Tbf, how long you have been a season ticket holder is immaterial.

I hope that you get it sorted.

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Wed May 19, 2021 7:15 pm

I still have absolutely no clue about what’s happening with my season ticket. I’ve had zero correspondence from the club no email no letter nothing.

We’re so out of touch with the fans it’s ridiculous.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

Minimoog
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by Minimoog » Wed May 19, 2021 7:22 pm

Same as my friend, no correspondence until he was told he had lost his seat.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12497 times

Post by Leisure » Wed May 19, 2021 9:15 pm

Jambounchained wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:15 pm
I still have absolutely no clue about what’s happening with my season ticket. I’ve had zero correspondence from the club no email no letter nothing.

We’re so out of touch with the fans it’s ridiculous.
What dont you know about it?

claretstheway
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by claretstheway » Wed May 19, 2021 10:00 pm

I was asking at ticket office, what method I was meant to use to renew. With how the online system is set up it us not possible to renew online for disabled/personal assistant tickets so we can only renew by visiting ticket office& with 10 days of early bird time still left we still had sufficient time to visit & renew before that method was taken away.

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Wed May 19, 2021 11:00 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:15 pm
What dont you know about it?

I dunno, maybe a letter, hell even an email.

I’ve given them the thick end of £400 for the last 10 years on my season ticket - it wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m sure a club (Norwich perhaps) even had players calling fans.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed May 19, 2021 11:02 pm

Jambounchained wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:00 pm
I dunno, maybe a letter, hell even an email.

I’ve given them the thick end of £400 for the last 10 years on my season ticket - it wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m sure a club (Norwich perhaps) even had players calling fans.
But a letter about what?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed May 19, 2021 11:50 pm

claretstheway wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:01 pm
I sympathise that you didn't manage to renew before the Early Bird period was closed without notice last March/April. Unfortunately you aren't the only fans who got unfairly affected by this but you're now Phase 2 renewers and the period opens on Monday, with no closure date announced at the minute. The Club has stated that it will give advance notice of the closure but if I was you I'd be paying my £10 deposits ASAP from Monday so as to avoid possibly getting caught out again. At least now the Club have shown some common sense and frozen prices for Phase 2 when initially they didn't guarantee that, so at least you won't be penalised financially.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Thu May 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Just for clarity, I havent seen any comms from the club which suggests those in Phase 2 are guaranteed the seat they held in 19/20.

Is this categorically the case or are we looking at a free for all, when the situation with capacity becomes clearer.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Thu May 20, 2021 2:50 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Just for clarity, I havent seen any comms from the club which suggests those in Phase 2 are guaranteed the seat they held in 19/20.

Is this categorically the case or are we looking at a free for all, when the situation with capacity becomes clearer.
Sure it stated that phase 2 renewals your seat was safe until june 21.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Thu May 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 2:50 pm
Sure it stated that phase 2 renewals your seat was safe until june 21.
It certainly said that previously, but I can't find it now. Hopefully someone can post a link to confirm as some of the stories above (surrounding folks seats being given to other clarets) are very concerning.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:13 pm

A couple which were taken from the Club website (don't know if they're still on there) -

I chose not to renew in the Early Bird period for 20/21 due to the uncertainty surrounding the season. Can I still retain my seat for the 21/22 campaign and purchase a season ticket now? We want to reassure you that your seat will be available to renew. We also fully appreciate that your choice not to renew may have been based upon the uncertainty of the upcoming season back in the early bird renewal window (for 20/21). In such cases we would ask supporters to contact the ticket office team, preferably by email, and provide an outline of your request and we can talk you through your options on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the ticket office by email on ticketoffice@burnleyfc.com.

Rest assured that whatever your option from the details laid out below, we value your support now, more than ever and guarantee that, whatever decision you make, your seat for the 2021/22 season will continue to be reserved until June 2021, at which point we would hope that some form of normality has returned and season ticket sales can restart.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu May 20, 2021 3:26 pm

I've contacted the Club asking for clarity on this but no response to date! Seems crazy that the Club unfortunately upset up to 132 people by moving them out of their seats (which I understand needs to happen to enlarge hospitality and generate more income) but to then potentially upset another 132 fans (plus those who maybe sit with them) by taking their seats away from them, is very poor!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu May 20, 2021 4:17 pm

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:43 pm
Ticket office still saying payment would be required in full for phase 2 renewal not great that..
That's not the case as far as the SLO is concerned. She says it's still under consideration.

Minimoog

Post by Minimoog » Thu May 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Thanks for the help ....

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Minimoog wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:12 pm
Thanks for the help ....
Sorry for doubting you yesterday but what you were saying didn’t make sense. I should have realised that sense isn’t something that the club have applied during any of this process.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu May 20, 2021 8:33 pm

No part of the handling of this has been comfortable to hear.

Minimoog

Post by Minimoog » Thu May 20, 2021 8:54 pm

My wife says I don't make much sense so your in good company.....
This user liked this post: Leisure

davetheclaret
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by davetheclaret » Thu May 20, 2021 11:00 pm

Minimoog, im the same as your friend paid every season up front in the JHL since the stand was built i've had my seat taken from me by the club, yet all my friends around me have kept theres.Its dont seem right to me. Some of theres people i have gone to football with for 30 years.

davetheclaret
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by davetheclaret » Thu May 20, 2021 11:08 pm

Minimoog, im the same as your friend my seat has been taken from me after sitting in the same seat in the JHL since it was built, yet all my friends some i have being going all over the country with for 30 years have kept theirs, i think its very poor.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu May 20, 2021 11:37 pm

davetheclaret wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:08 pm
Minimoog, im the same as your friend my seat has been taken from me after sitting in the same seat in the JHL since it was built, yet all my friends some i have being going all over the country with for 30 years have kept theirs, i think its very poor.
I've asked the Club for some clarity and an explanation for what appears to be going on with Phase 2 renewers having their 'reserved' seats taken off them, when they clearly stated on at least 2 occasions on the Club website that their seats would be reserved for them until June. It seems that to appease the 132 fans who have had to be moved to allow the expansion of the hospitality area, they are prepared to upset even more fans when there must be at least 4000/5000 empty seats available in the ground for them to choose from!

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 6:04 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 pm
A couple which were taken from the Club website (don't know if they're still on there) -

I chose not to renew in the Early Bird period for 20/21 due to the uncertainty surrounding the season. Can I still retain my seat for the 21/22 campaign and purchase a season ticket now? We want to reassure you that your seat will be available to renew. We also fully appreciate that your choice not to renew may have been based upon the uncertainty of the upcoming season back in the early bird renewal window (for 20/21). In such cases we would ask supporters to contact the ticket office team, preferably by email, and provide an outline of your request and we can talk you through your options on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the ticket office by email on ticketoffice@burnleyfc.com.

Rest assured that whatever your option from the details laid out below, we value your support now, more than ever and guarantee that, whatever decision you make, your seat for the 2021/22 season will continue to be reserved until June 2021, at which point we would hope that some form of normality has returned and season ticket sales can restart.
Having scoured through all the articles, in the ticketing news section of the website, It looks like this has now been removed in some sort of arse covering exercise.

Incompetence now moves to deceit, it seems.

Ironically, they still have the part of the article in Sept last year, which says the renewal window will be opened for a short period… which also never happened.

For the likes of Daveisaclaret, I’m gutted for them. I’m just hoping I’m not in the same boat.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1751 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri May 21, 2021 6:17 am

If you were one of the unfortunate Phase 2 folk who had seen their seat sold, what would you be paying £10 for next week? May as well hold off till general sale. Your seating options are going to be pretty shitty regardless.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 6:31 am

Chances are you’re paying £10 to buy a seat, not necessarily your seat. That could be the case for all Phase 2, not just those affected by those chucked out of their seat by the corporate extension.

That has been my concern reading back through the articles on the club website that the language has all of a sudden become quite disingenuous, with previous mentions of phase 2 having their seat reserved now been removed.

There’s potential here for a domino effect I.e. someone takes Dave’s seat —> Dave takes my seat —> I take another phase 2 seat and so on, and so on.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 am

This is just speculation, but it would appear that the club are placing more value on the ‘current’ ST holders who are being displaced for the expansion of the corporate area than ‘lapsed’ ST holders who may or may not be planning to renew.

In some ways I can see the thought process here as no doubt the displaced fans who have paid up for their ticket have probably kicked off about the lack of decent seats available. The club probably took a view that they’d rather keep these fans happy than the fans who, as far as they know, may not even renew.

If this is the case then it’s a really poor do and will almost certainly alienate supporters and result in more non-renewals. It appears the damage may also be done. Surely a fairer way would have been to offer a free season ticket in an ‘available seat’ to the displaced fans.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:14 am

I'm not going to be able to renew at this rate.

Emailed twice this week.

Response.....nothing.

Pathetic.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 9:17 am

You'd imagine that the best way, for those displaced by corporate, would have been pick an empty seat for now and then first choice seat swap at the end of phase 2.

Then again, that involves logic, common sense and organisation something which whoever is making these decisions at BFC lacks.

Rombald
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by Rombald » Fri May 21, 2021 9:21 am

Possibly the best approach would have been to shift the whole block down by the three rows displaced by expansion if corporate seating. This would mean that everyone would still be placed in exactly same groups. Admittedly it's a move for a larger number of people but it's not as big an impact as actually is happening.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 9:30 am

I've found a link squirreled away on the website which is apparently 'regularly updated'. This was a link from the 'Ticket office to reopen story, posted on the 19th April 2021.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/faqs
If I dont renew my seat on or before by the 23rd May (the given deadline date for Phase 2), will I still be able to renew this same seat online after the date? The seat we reserved for you will be released on the 24th May if you choose not to renew in Phase 2. This means it will be available for another supporter to select when seats go on general sale.
Looks like this one was missed by whoever has been sweeping away previous mentions of seat retention, as quoted by Leisure.

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Fri May 21, 2021 9:44 am

All seats are able to be moved. It's in the T&Cs . Otherwise those displaced by corporate boxes would have their own seats still.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 10:04 am

Rombald wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:44 am
All seats are able to be moved. It's in the T&Cs . Otherwise those displaced by corporate boxes would have their own seats still.
Excellent point and fully validates the action taken to advise the consumer one thing, only to use T's and C's as an excuse to hide behind, when the club do something else.

(sarcasm smiley).
Last edited by Darthlaw on Fri May 21, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 21, 2021 10:05 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:30 am
I've found a link squirreled away on the website which is apparently 'regularly updated'. This was a link from the 'Ticket office to reopen story, posted on the 19th April 2021.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/faqs

Looks like this one was missed by whoever has been sweeping away previous mentions of seat retention, as quoted by Leisure.
That date of the 24th May was originally correct, as the window for Phase 2 was going to start on 17th May and end on the 23rd but the start date has now been put back to the 24th anyway.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 am

Rombald wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:21 am
Possibly the best approach would have been to shift the whole block down by the three rows displaced by expansion if corporate seating. This would mean that everyone would still be placed in exactly same groups. Admittedly it's a move for a larger number of people but it's not as big an impact as actually is happening.
I think those on the front three rows may be a bit upset to have to sit on the pitch.
These 2 users liked this post: Grumps Loyalclaret

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 am

Leisure wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:05 am
That date of the 24th May was originally correct, as the window for Phase 2 was going to start on 17th May and end on the 23rd but the start date has now been put back to the 24th anyway.
I don't disagree, Leisure. I'm merely pointing out that it has been missed by whoever has deleted the story from the club website which you quoted earlier on this thread.

The fact they point to this being 'regularly updated', yet it still goes by the old dates is just ironic.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 21, 2021 10:14 am

Rombald wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:44 am
But those 132 seats will not physically be there for them to sit on, so of course they have to be moved but moving people from seats which the Club clearly stated would be reserved for them is totelly different and well out of order. We have a home seats capacity of around 19000 seats, after taking off the 10000 who have reportedly renewed in Phase 1 and then the 4000 which were supposedly reserved for Phase 2 renewers that leaves 5000 empty seats. I really find it hard to believe that the displaced 132 couldn't be found seats elsewhere rather than by taking them from Phase 2 renewers! And that figure of 5000 will invariably be higher than that when not all Phase 2 people renew (and some definitely won't be able to if the Club don't offer some kind of Direct Debit option!).
This user liked this post: Whitgord

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 10:18 am

It's nothing to do with the T&Cs for those of us in phase 2 - we don't have season tickets so there are no T&Cs. What we've got is the word of the club that our seats would be available for us to get a season ticket on once they finally decide we're allowed to buy one.

It's hard to imagine the club could have made this any more frustrating without deliberately trying to pee us off to be honest.

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 683 times

Post by Whitgord » Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 am

I really resent being referred to as a “lapsed” season ticket holder. I have said until I am blue in the face that many of us were not able to renew when we fully intended to! I want to renew/reserve my seat of 20 odd years on Monday 24th.
This user liked this post: bob77

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri May 21, 2021 10:27 am

You can see why our transfer dealings leave a little to be desired if this is how the club communicates

Minimoog

Post by Minimoog » Fri May 21, 2021 10:31 am

In my friends case we sit on the top row of block 4 with nobody in front or to the side us , but we'll both have to move even though I have renewed in phase one.
Can't see us getting the equivalent seats elsewhere and I don't fancy sitting a couple of rows forward having to look at someone else in our seats we've had since the stand was a built.
Maybe it's time to transfer to the Bob Lord.....
Anyone got a spare tartan flask???

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Fri May 21, 2021 10:35 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:08 am
I think those on the front three rows may be a bit upset to have to sit on the pitch.
Yes, I imagine there are loads of season ticket holders on first three rows....

Rombald

Post by Rombald » Fri May 21, 2021 10:41 am

Leisure wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:14 am
But those 132 seats will not physically be there for them to sit on, so of course they have to be moved but moving people from seats which the Club clearly stated would be reserved for them is totelly different and well out of order. We have a home seats capacity of around 19000 seats, after taking off the 10000 who have reportedly renewed in Phase 1 and then the 4000 which were supposedly reserved for Phase 2 renewers that leaves 5000 empty seats. I really find it hard to believe that the displaced 132 couldn't be found seats elsewhere rather than by taking them from Phase 2 renewers! And that figure of 5000 will invariably be higher than that when not all Phase 2 people renew (and some definitely won't be able to if the Club don't offer some kind of Direct Debit option!).
I'm not disagreeing in many ways. However, the 132 displaced also had in writing that they would have their seats. They also paid for these and had confirmation in writing that these had been successfully purchased.
They were then informed they were not available.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 21, 2021 10:42 am

Rombald wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:35 am
Yes, I imagine there are loads of season ticket holders on first three rows....
So do I. That's the problem.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 21, 2021 11:30 am

Rombald wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:41 am
I'm not disagreeing in many ways. However, the 132 displaced also had in writing that they would have their seats. They also paid for these and had confirmation in writing that these had been successfully purchased.
They were then informed they were not available.
The Club knew that the 132 seats weren't going to be available but still allowed them to renew! That just made the situation worse. But why compound the issue by then also taking seats reserved for other fans, when there are 5000+ empty seats in the ground? ? 2 wrongs don't make a right!

GaryClaret
Been Liked: 35 times
Has Liked: 231 times

Post by GaryClaret » Fri May 21, 2021 12:01 pm

I am one of the phase 2 people - I asked for a refund and the person I sit next to has renewed in phase 1. So what the hell are we meant to do if I can't sit there anymore?

If my seat isn't available the club will be receiving a rocket.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri May 21, 2021 12:11 pm

GaryClaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:01 pm
If my seat isn't available the club will be receiving a rocket.
Likely to be as many rockets going toward BFC as those flying over Gaza at the minute... :shock: :(

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri May 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:11 pm
Likely to be as many rockets going toward BFC as those flying over Gaza at the minute... :shock: :(
... That'll be none then..

standishclarets
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by standishclarets » Fri May 21, 2021 3:21 pm

Just received an email from the ticket office and it says that they will not be offering seat swaps for next season 'due to the complex renewal process'!
Seat swaps won't be available until 2022/23 season. Real pity as I am having problems now going up stairs (arthritis in left hip) and our seats are in the Jimmy Mac upper!!