Ashley Barnes arrested

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Re: Ashley Barnes arrested

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Tsarbomba is clearly a police officer in London, they have posted many firsthand experiences, especially around underfunding and difficult situations that they face because of it.

They incorrectly said Ashley was guilty, which he is not at the time of the news report. There may be a genuine reason to challenge the evidence and procedure. Thankfully we live in a country that allows that.

Finish this subject as I started, drinking driving is bad.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:54 pm
Tsarbomba is clearly a police officer in London, they have posted many firsthand experiences, especially around underfunding and difficult situations that they face because of it.

They incorrectly said Ashley was guilty, which he is not at the time of the news report. There may be a genuine reason to challenge the evidence and procedure. Thankfully we live in a country that allows that.

As I’ve said, road traffic offences/drink or drug drive are different. They are absolute.

If Barnes goes not guilty, which is his absolute right, then it will be down to his solicitor to find a defence. Such as the procedure not being correct, or having their drink spiked.

The burden is on the defence to disprove the offence, not the other way round as is usually the case. This is where road traffic matters are slightly different.

Another example would be if I was to stop a car that I reasonably suspected had no insurance. I would check PNC, and ring the Motor Insurance Bureau at the scene as well, but ultimately, if the driver is unable to prove they have insurance (email on phone or getting a relative to bring documents down etc), then I would have the available power to seize the car.

It is absolutely right that people are innocent until proven guilty. I’ve never disputed that, but all I’m trying to do is explain how road traffic offences are different.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Because you wouldn't be charged unless you were over the legal limit to drive, then technically you are guilty of driving under the influence, but as yet not found guilty by a court of law.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri May 21, 2021 1:56 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 pm
The burden is on the defence to disprove the offence, not the other way round as is usually the case. This is where road traffic matters are slightly different.
Not quite true, technically. The prosecution still has to prove the driver was over the limit, but once that has been proved then that's all the evidence they need unless the defence can come up with something new to disprove it.

It amounts to the same thing - hardly worth posting really! - but it's a technicality.
This user liked this post: TsarBomba

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri May 21, 2021 2:13 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 pm

If Barnes goes not guilty, which is his absolute right, then it will be down to his solicitor to find a defence. Such as the procedure not being correct, or having their drink spiked.
Thanks for coming back on and explaining all that.
I still haven't read your first post, but some posters are stating categorically that he is guilty.
They are doing this because they have interpreted what you have said as that he definitely is and there can be no defence.
Furtheremore leading on from that, that this court hearing is simply to hear his punishment etc.etc.
It's as if he has no rights to plead otherwise.

We simply do not know of his conversations with the Police or his solicitors.
He may have a defence, he may not, probably the latter!

However, until we know all the facts, I cannot rush to condem a man.
Innocent until proved/(found) guilty, surely has to be the bedrock of a civilised society?

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:31 pm
I agree with everything you say above, however your original post regarding drink drivers being interviewed at the police station was factually wrong, except in the circumstances explained by a met police officer with many years experience
That is your opinion,, and you are free to hold that view if you wish.

I know from experience 3 years ago, that some people that are eventually charged with drink driving are
in fact interviewed by the Police.
I was present, as was the duty solicitor.

So I would argue that I am not factually wrong.
Can we agree to disagree on this matter?
We don't know what the player has said to the Police under caution.
We don't know if he was interviewed whilst in custody or not.

I think I probably said, we don't know what the player has said under caution or during interview.
Idon't think I said every drink driver is interviewed.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 2:36 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:18 am
I thought your comments on the speeding post some time ago was on the wacky side but this is just another level of wacky. You are either on a massive wind up, 12yr old or just a complete Moonbat. Surely you cannot believe the things you are saying are right?
Yes I believe lots of avoidable accidents happen because of people driving at excess speed without due care & attention, by nature slow people afford themselves time, you can’t really kill somebody going slow or less likely to, if you take your time doing things more often than not you will end up making the right decisions not just in driving in life, I want reasonably relaxed people on the roads, I don’t want people falling asleep but I also don’t want people rushing, you take your time & you’ll get to where you want to go in 1 piece.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri May 21, 2021 2:37 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:22 pm
That is your opinion,, and you are free to hold that view if you wish.

I know from experience 3 years ago, that some people that are eventually charged with drink driving are
in fact interviewed by the Police.
I was present, as was the duty solicitor.

So I would argue that I am not factually wrong.
Can we agree to disagree on this matter?
We don't know what the player has said to the Police under caution.
We don't know if he was interviewed whilst in custody or not.

I think I probably said, we don't know what the player has said under caution or during interview.
Idon't think I said every drink driver is interviewed.
You were arguing against someone who outlined the circumstances where a drink driver would be interviewed, having not read his post. A solicitor commenting on the evidence, without seeing the evidence :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri May 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:36 pm
Yes I believe lots of avoidable accidents happen because of people driving at excess speed without due care & attention, by nature slow people afford themselves time, you can’t really kill somebody going slow or less likely to, if you take your time doing things more often than not you will end up making the right decisions not just in driving in life, I want reasonably relaxed people on the roads, I don’t want people falling asleep but I also don’t want people rushing, you take your time & you’ll get to where you want to go in 1 piece.
Driving slowly, but in the wrong direction because you're spaced out could kill someone

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri May 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:37 pm
You were arguing against someone who outlined the circumstances where a drink driver would be interviewed, having not read his post. A solicitor commenting on the evidence, without seeing the evidence :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look Grumps. I have other stuff to do, you know.

I don't know who is a solicitor on this board and neither do I know who is a Police Officer.
Although I am being told that Tsarbomba is a Policeman.

I don't know what you mean when you say 'A solicitor commenting on the evidence, without seeing the evidence.'
Who is the solicitor you are talking about and clearly find it amusing?

Somebody posted this:

You don’t get interviewed for drink drive.

The only reason you would get interviewed is if there is any doubt who was driving the vehicle at the time it was stopped.

I found those two consecutive sentences contradictory, that's all.
I've got some people saying you can sometimes be interviewed and some pople saying you are never interviewed.
From personal experience, I am in the camp of 'sometimes you are interviewed'. That's all.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 3:04 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:40 pm
Driving slowly, but in the wrong direction because you're spaced out could kill someone
I wasn’t aware low doses of tranquillisers confuse people with geography, everyday is a school day, I was under the impression tranquillisers make people feel relaxed & not stressed out & less likely to make mistakes because there’s less pressure.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Fri May 21, 2021 3:10 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 2:56 pm
Look Grumps. I have other stuff to do, you know.

I don't know who is a solicitor on this board and neither do I know who is a Police Officer.
Although I am being told that Tsarbomba is a Policeman.

I don't know what you mean when you say 'A solicitor commenting on the evidence, without seeing the evidence.'
Who is the solicitor you are talking about and clearly find it amusing?

Somebody posted this:

You don’t get interviewed for drink drive.

The only reason you would get interviewed is if there is any doubt who was driving the vehicle at the time it was stopped.

I found those two consecutive sentences contradictory, that's all.
I've got some people saying you can sometimes be interviewed and some pople saying you are never interviewed.
From personal experience, I am in the camp of 'sometimes you are interviewed'. That's all.
You said you were a solicitor, you keep commenting on tsars post, but refuse to read it...

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by bpgburn » Fri May 21, 2021 3:23 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:04 pm
I wasn’t aware low doses of tranquillisers confuse people with geography, everyday is a school day, I was under the impression tranquillisers make people feel relaxed & not stressed out & less likely to make mistakes because there’s less pressure.
Why do you think that tranquillisers and sedatives come with the warning not to drive or operate machinary? Maybe because they affect movement, reflexes, judgement and drowsiness?

So what would be the point in taking a dose too small to have any effect on your condition just so that you can drive? May as well not bother eh?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:23 pm
Why do you think that tranquillisers and sedatives come with the warning not to drive or operate machinary? Maybe because they affect movement, reflexes, judgement and drowsiness?

So what would be the point in taking a dose too small to have any effect on your condition just so that you can drive? May as well not bother eh?
Low doses low doses, shake your head & please repeat.

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri May 21, 2021 3:40 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm
Low doses low doses, shake your head & please repeat.
If you take a enough medication to treat your medical condition then it will be having a biological and chemical affect hence will come with a warning not to drive or operate machinery, so DON'T DRIVE!

If you take a lower does so as it doesn't actually treat your condition so you will be driving in your anxious, nervous, stressful state and will be more inclined to make mistakes, DON'T DRIVE!

Do you get it now? Do you though?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:23 pm

We don’t have to go from 1 extreme to the other, you can actually half a tablet & feel chilled without being off your t1ts, if you’ve got the tolerance you could actually take 1 or more & still be relaxed & in control, why are we ideologically opposed to making driving relaxing, if it’s not the full force of the metropolitan police out on the roads it’s people almost wanting accidents to happen in a perverse way & ignoring common sense solutions.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri May 21, 2021 3:43 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:10 pm
You said you were a solicitor, you keep commenting on tsars post, but refuse to read it...

Did I ? Where ? When?
Perhaps you should read it again or re- post my lie/error up here.
Or can I laugh at you now?
Or perhaps you could apologise?

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:42 pm
We don’t have to go from 1 extreme to the other, you can actually half a tablet & feel chilled without being off your t1ts, if you’ve got the tolerance you could actually take 1 or more & still be relaxed & in control, why are we ideologically opposed to making driving relaxing, if it’s not the full force of the metropolitan police out on the roads it’s people almost wanting accidents to happen in a perverse way & ignoring common sense solutions.
You are not given a shitload of tablets and told to go away and figure out your optimum dose, you are prescribed the correct dose for your condition, if they say take 1 a day you wouldn't just take half a day as it wouldn't work, you take the prescribed dose that will treat you, same if 1 a day worked you wouldn't take 2.

I give up now but I know one thing, what ever medication you are on isn't working pal.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 pm

Pushpinpussy hasn't been on this thread for a while he must have been inundated with emails asking his advice and posters asking him to get them off with all sorts of hineous crimes
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat pushpinpussy

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:40 am
Absence of any class from a previous player, and someone who had his own demons too - he certainly shouldn’t be “throwing stones” at Barnes about this with his past.

854E921A-89A7-40B9-A805-E19536F303A6.jpeg
It's called banter lad

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:56 pm
You are not given a shitload of tablets and told to go away and figure out your optimum dose, you are prescribed the correct dose for your condition, if they say take 1 a day you wouldn't just take half a day as it wouldn't work, you take the prescribed dose that will treat you, same if 1 a day worked you wouldn't take 2.

I give up now but I know one thing, what ever medication you are on isn't working pal.
I’m not on anything, the roads are changing & becoming more complicated for people that’s why some of the accidents are happening, even when people are relatively familiar with a certain route if you change something it throws them back, perish the thought of trying to make the motorist life that little bit easier, damn it let’s make life as hard as possible, we’ll introduce more lanes & junctions & take away the signage & put some speed cameras up & have police in situ in numbers, why make something relaxed when we can make something stressful!
Last edited by Jakubclaret on Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 pm
Pushpinpussy hasn't been on this thread for a while he must have been inundated with emails asking his advice and posters asking him to get them off with all sorts of hineous crimes
Unless he's dashed of to Spain to dodge the crap weather and Internet's down.

bpgburn

Post by bpgburn » Fri May 21, 2021 4:25 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm
I’m not on anything,
Maybe you should be...

That's me done now, ta-ra!

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Fri May 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Ive not read through any of this thread since yesterday morning apart from this page as ive been busy with work.

But you wont usually get interviewed for drink driving unless there is a issue with the ID of the driver.

I had one a few weeks ago where the defendant was nearly 4 times over the limit but he wasn't ID as the driver.

For the lawyers on here they will know you make a half time submission on Trial day.

For the non lawyers that means after the prosecution case you make a submission of no case to answer on the grounds there isn't any realistic chance of conviction.

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Fri May 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Ive not had any offers but seriously if any Clarets want my expertise on any motoring issue please drop me an email. People can take that how they want but I'm only being helpful. I don't need the work as since lockdown last year my business as boomed with drink drivers etc but I'm willing to help anyone with any motoring issues. Its a complex area of law.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:17 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:10 pm
Ive not had any offers but seriously if any Clarets want my expertise on any motoring issue please drop me an email. People can take that how they want but I'm only being helpful. I don't need the work as since lockdown last year my business as boomed with drink drivers etc but I'm willing to help anyone with any motoring issues. Its a complex area of law.
Errr.....whats your email address ? :lol:

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Fri May 21, 2021 5:36 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:17 pm
Errr.....whats your email address ? :lol:
Seriously Steve if you need it get it through CT or however you do it on here. Its no problem at all.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:36 pm
Seriously Steve if you need it get it though CT or however you do it on here. Its no problem at all.
No worries...its OK, I'm sound.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1938 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 pm

You’ve told us before you have a thriving online business, why don’t you share what it is?
I’d have thought you’d have been happy to share.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18093 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri May 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 pm
You’ve told us before you have a thriving online business, why don’t you share what it is?
Probably flogging dodgy Timeshare in Malaga 🤔

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Fri May 21, 2021 5:46 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 pm
I'm not divulging my identity on here. But if anyone wants to contact me directly I'm more then happy to meet them.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Fri May 21, 2021 5:48 pm

Top Claret wrote:
It's called banter lad
Banter is very subjective these days.... I thought the same.

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:49 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:46 pm
I'm not divulging my identity on here. But if anyone wants to contact me directly I'm more then happy to meet them.
I asked you for your email....you said ask CT....I asked you, which you told us to do if we needed help.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 pm
Because you wouldn't be charged unless you were over the legal limit to drive, then technically you are guilty of driving under the influence, but as yet not found guilty by a court of law.
That’s true, but the presumption is well & truly there, as soon as you are charged all the driving privileges are suspended pending, it’s pretty much a forgone conclusion unless something remarkable happens at court.

Loyalclaret

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 8:33 pm

[/quote]
That’s true, but the presumption is well & truly there, as soon as you are charged all the driving privileges are suspended pending, it’s pretty much a forgone conclusion unless something remarkable happens at court.
[/quote]
Wrong again. If you plead not guilty, you can continue to drive until your trial.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:33 pm
[/quote]
Wrong again. If you plead not guilty, you can continue to drive until your trial.
[/quote]
I’m talking about the period between being charged & not even entering court I think you’ll find I’m correct again ;)

Loyalclaret

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 8:50 pm

No, you're incorrect. Depending on the number you've blown (low 40) you could be charged and allowed to drive home shortly after, straight from the station.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Fri May 21, 2021 8:52 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:50 pm
No, you're incorrect. Depending on the number you've blown (low 40) you could be charged and allowed to drive home shortly after, straight from the station.
There’s no way on gods green earth with a high figure you are driving anywhere.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 21, 2021 9:21 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:52 pm
There’s no way on gods green earth with a high figure you are driving anywhere.
Dependent on what you blow in custody, ie low 40’s, you may well be charged quite quickly and allowed on your way. Obviously this is a very careful decision made by the custody Sgt because the likelihood is that person will go and get their car and drive.

But yeah, if you blow a high amount, you’re getting bedded down and charged in the morning.

And if charged and bailed to court, you keep your driving licence until conviction.
This user liked this post: Loyalclaret

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Sat May 22, 2021 9:59 am

Grumps wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:10 pm
I sadly note that I still haven't received an apology. :cry:

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 12:48 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:21 pm
Dependent on what you blow in custody, ie low 40’s, you may well be charged quite quickly and allowed on your way. Obviously this is a very careful decision made by the custody Sgt because the likelihood is that person will go and get their car and drive.

But yeah, if you blow a high amount, you’re getting bedded down and charged in the morning.

And if charged and bailed to court, you keep your driving licence until conviction.
Yes I agree I don’t doubt any of that, but the chances are if you’ve been stopped by the police in the first place & been breathalysed a good reason of suspicion as taken place thus likely to blow high, I understand not in all cases sometimes you can be stopped for having a tail light out & if the officer smells something untowards it can happen as a eg, the notion that the majority of the DD offences happen where the driver is allowed to drive home after must be slim, the stations would have to be holding centres waiting for people to sober up until the legal limit is reached but as you’ve correctly confirmed if you are well over it’s a blanket & pillow style.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 12:50 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:59 am
I sadly note that I still haven't received an apology. :cry:
Good luck with that 1, I’m still waiting for an explanation how low doses of mild tranquillisers can adversely affect people’s grasp of geography.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:26 pm

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-sup ... quillisers

Driving with tranquillisers in your system carries a risk like anything else.

Its probably better to just don't do it, but clearly some on here don't see any issue with driving whilst under the influence.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat May 22, 2021 1:38 pm

I certainly don't see an issue with driving under the legal alcohol limit.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 4:24 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:26 pm
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-sup ... quillisers

Driving with tranquillisers in your system carries a risk like anything else.

Its probably better to just don't do it, but clearly some on here don't see any issue with driving whilst under the influence.
Yes I know all this & thanks for the link, I’m not promoting the use of tranquillisers whilst driving in large does for millions of people but only for a very small section of the population in small doses, if driving is essential for people & no other forms of public transport/shared lifts are available & this said motorists is really stressed out & anxious I’d prefer that motorist taking something in moderation to calm there nerves than getting behind the wheel a bag of nerves, I believe calm & relaxed people represent less danger than people who are wired up & stressed out.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:34 pm

If someone is that stressed about driving they need drugs then quite simply they shouldn't be driving.

I see lots of really poor drivers on the road every single day and I'm fairly sure drugs aren't going to make them better.

Its viewing driving as a necessity or a chore instead of enjoying it is the problem, they don't improve because they don't like driving.

You carry on advocating the wheel of fortune for criminals and drug/drink driving though, its not like anyone's opinion is going to get any lower.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Sat May 22, 2021 4:53 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:39 pm
It is far simpler just to make the limit zero, and then everyone knows where they stand.
There is no doubt that even drinking 1 or 2 pints dulls the senses and slows your reaction time.
Thanks for posting and I agree zero makes it unambiguous.

When I moved back up here I went out with my
Son (40+) and his Father (60+) and Brother (30+) in Laws to a Darts match, my Son was the designated driver.

He was late to driving but quite competent as he never had the boy racer upbringing. I was astounded he believed, because had been told by the others that he was 'allowed' 2 pints and indeed that was their UNDERSTANDING when I mentioned it to them.

No thought of individual physiology or anything 'no, you are allowed 2 pints' :shock:

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 4:53 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:34 pm
If someone is that stressed about driving they need drugs then quite simply they shouldn't be driving.

I see lots of really poor drivers on the road every single day and I'm fairly sure drugs aren't going to make them better.

Its viewing driving as a necessity or a chore instead of enjoying it is the problem, they don't improve because they don't like driving.

You carry on advocating the wheel of fortune for criminals and drug/drink driving though, its not like anyone's opinion is going to get any lower.
I know what you are saying but the fact is some people are driving stressed out & anxious & the fact that they shouldn’t be driving isn’t going to stop them, I’d rather accept it’s going to happen & mitigate this with coping mechanisms, I know people have pulled up at the side of road having panic/anxiety attacks & quite frankly are dangerous but need to drive. I think over the years especially with the amount of traffic on the roads & more junctions lanes being built it will increase the problem, I know beata blockers are routinely prescribed to be used ad hoc for people undertaking stressful events prior such as driving.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat May 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Probably a good thing self driving cars aren't that far away from being a reality then.

Less drunks, druggies and stress heads to be let loose behind the wheel.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 5:04 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:59 pm
Probably a good thing self driving cars aren't that far away from being a reality then.

Less drunks, druggies and stress heads to be let loose behind the wheel.
The problem being I think that will be a million miles away from being an affordable solution, I’m not sure how far away from production or what the vehicles will initially cost but long term I sincerely hope that’s the answer, I do a lot of driving & have worked with mental health before in an advisory & counselling capacity.