Tarky to stay.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
fatboy47
Been Liked: 2309 times
Has Liked: 2691 times

Re: Tarky to stay.

Post by fatboy47 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:45 pm

All opinions.

Mine being that Tarks is the best English centre half around.

I think there's some right mince being spouted on here too.
This user liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat May 22, 2021 10:23 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:40 pm
Standard PL, you could be right, but he's definitely at the top end of the quality scale in our squad.
However if he wants to go, and assuming we get a reasonable fee, we shouldn't stand in his way.
For sure, I'd argue whatever central defenders we have starting will be at the top end of any quality scale amongst the rest of the squad. I think he's delusional in general, thinks he's considerably better than he is especially with the ball at his feet. What was it he said? ''taking control of my own career'' :lol: He will be approaching his 30th Birthday if we keep him for 1 more season.

Good luck at Barcelona James, hopefully they appreciate your Cruyff turns and 75 yard pass attempts.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat May 22, 2021 10:25 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:45 pm
All opinions.

Mine being that Tarks is the best English centre half around.

I think there's some right mince being spouted on here too.
The irony....

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sat May 22, 2021 10:31 pm

You'd think he'd improve the Arsenal defence, arguably better than what they currently have.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat May 22, 2021 10:33 pm

In the end you'd have to say that our defence has kept us up again, and he's been a top performer in that defence.
However, the further up the pitch we play the more vulnerable JT (and BM) look when exposed to pace.

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Sat May 22, 2021 10:33 pm

I ain't hear nuffink yet

AshevilleNCClaret
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by AshevilleNCClaret » Sat May 22, 2021 10:35 pm

there is a reason why leicester is after him. Great with his feet and distribution. Excellent defender. He just lacks mobility. Since his 'toe' injury he has been stellar. I would take 1 more year then leave on a free than selling him this summer

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1939 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 10:35 pm

Clearly a very good centre back at this level given his record.

I hope he stays, sadly I suspect he’ll push for a move.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sun May 23, 2021 1:22 am

He's not a bad defender probably on a par with Lewis Dunk. He'll be off if anyone comes in for him but if not it will be good to keep him.

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Sun May 23, 2021 3:07 am

Swap him for Eric Dier. Spurs need help and Dier is a year younger ( :shock: ) and more versatile. Salary might be an issue.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Should we try and get cash now for Tarks ?

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Sun May 23, 2021 9:49 pm

It may depend on how good a transfer window we have I presume ? There's no way we can afford to offer him a new 3-4 year contract without putting in a "significant pay cut relegation clause". That for me is a major stumbling block in this scenario. Could he earn more money elsewhere ? Yes Could he sign for a club hunting trophies ? Possibly not.
No club is going to pay a fortune when in 7 months time they can start talks with him as a free agent so ???
We can't get market value, we have to give Brentford a cut, for me we keep him for his last year.

What do you guys think ?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Re: Should we try and get cash now for Tarks ?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:56 pm

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 pm

Glad we have another Tarks thread to discuss the various merits of a move :lol:

I will call it - sell one from Pope, Mee, Tarks or Wood and we go down. That’s not to say any are irreplaceable in normal circumstances, but the way our squad depth is currently, they’ve become so. We need to spend this summer strengthening, not letting our best players go. Sadly, that likely means losing Tarks for free next year but in the long term it’s for the greater good. Then we need to make sure we have suitable cover in all positions so that we can sell players on when the time is right.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Sun May 23, 2021 10:03 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 pm

I will call it - sell one from Pope, Mee, Tarks or Wood and we go down. That’s not to say any are irreplaceable in normal circumstances, but the way our squad depth is currently, they’ve become so. We need to spend this summer strengthening, not letting our best players go. Sadly, that likely means losing Tarks for free next year but in the long term it’s for the greater good. Then we need to make sure we have suitable cover in all positions so that we can sell players on when the time is right.
I think your spot on pal
This user liked this post: NewClaret

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:04 pm

I went to post this on the other thread and it had vanished so I'll post my thought here instead.

Some good questions there, assuming Tarks isn't going to extend, which by all accounts he isn't, then the club have a hard choice to make.

The problem with cashing in on Tarks as you put it is we might not actually get that much in our kitty, I'd say given he's entering the last year of his contract top end will be only £20m, and a substantial % of that goes to Brentford due to them wisely inserting a sell on fee, so potentially we might only receive £15m max, and of course we'll also have to procure a replacement for Tarks, equally we don't want an unhappy player on our books, so if Tarks is really set on a move all we can do is try and attract a bidding war, I know both Leicester & West Ham were rumoured to be interested, and both will be in Europe next season, and therefore Tarks has a good chance of playing regularly at either.

The main thing for me is this is resolved one way or the other soon, the last thing we need is for this saga to drag on for the whole summer, and then Tarks going out the door at the 11th hour, if he's determined to go then fine let him go, but the sooner the better, then we can start work on securing his successor, plus adding other additions to the squad.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Leicester have a spot with Morgan retiring.

West Ham filled theirs with Dawson at a good price.

A bidding war may not materialise sadly.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm

I think it entirely depends upon what system Rodgers wants to play moving forward when he hasn't got 100 injuries to deal with, 3 CBs or 2.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:04 pm
equally we don't want an unhappy player on our books
I really don’t get the unhappy argument mate. I think a player about to bag himself a humongous signing on fee will be able to fight back the upset for a season lasting 8-9 months. Plus he’ll be playing for a contract at as big a club possible, so presumably he’ll want to remain in form for Burnley.

I agree that we don’t really want it dragging in to pre-season though - need it sorting, as we do Dyche’s contract assuming we want to sign players this summer!

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 pm

I totally agree Tarks successor should have been bought last summer, and it's not like we weren't aware of Tarks being in the final stages of his current contract 12 months ago, so this scenario could and should have been avoided by the club, but we are where we are now, I'm not against keeping hold of Tarks for another year if he's happy to stay, yes we'll lose him on a free next summer, but hopefully by then we'll have a readymade replacement when he does exit the building, succession planning has been an issue for a few seasons now, and unlike when we sold Michael Keane and had JT ready to step up to the plate, if we sell JT this summer, then we'll either have to source a new partner for Ben from somewhere, or heaven forbid rely on Kevin Long throughout a long PL season, and that scenario doesn't bear thinking about it's gives me nightmares, Kevin Long is fine as emergency cover like at Fulham when Mee was out, but with respect he's not up to the task of playing a full PL campaign, and if he did play a large number of games we'd almost certainly go down.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 23, 2021 10:22 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm
I totally agree Tarks successor should have been bought last summer, and it's not like we weren't aware of Tarks being in the final stages of his current contract 12 months ago, so this scenario could and should have been avoided by the club, but we are where we are now, I'm not against keeping hold of Tarks for another year if he's happy to stay, yes we'll lose him on a free next summer, but hopefully by then we'll have a readymade replacement when he does exit the building, succession planning has been an issue for a few seasons now, and unlike when we sold Michael Keane and had JT ready to step up to the plate, if we sell JT this summer, then we'll either have to source a new partner for Ben from somewhere, or heaven forbid rely on Kevin Long throughout a long PL season, and that scenario doesn't bear thinking about it's gives me nightmares, Kevin Long is fine as emergency cover like at Fulham when Mee was out, but with respect he's not up to the task of playing a full PL campaign, and if he did play a large number of games we'd almost certainly go down.
Re: along, I think he’d find his stride if he were forced in to an extended run. Although it might be too late by the time he did, I accept that. I think all clubs suffer from their CB understudy’s being far inferior to their main choice pairings - United have some shockers, although their first picks aren’t that good either :lol: But given a run in the team I think they’d settle.

The time to buy was Jan 20 when it became clear Gibson was going back to Boro. Or certainly summer as you say. Fortunately we’ve got away with it this/last year.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:22 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:13 pm
I really don’t get the unhappy argument mate. I think a player about to bag himself a humongous signing on fee will be able to fight back the upset for a season lasting 8-9 months. Plus he’ll be playing for a contract at as big a club possible, so presumably he’ll want to remain in form for Burnley.

I agree that we don’t really want it dragging in to pre-season though - need it sorting, as we do Dyche’s contract assuming we want to sign players this summer!
Yes I totally understand that Tarks could be in line for a large signing on fee when he's a free agent, and that's one of the reasons he and no doubt his agent might be happy to run down his contract, and then take their chances next summer, Tarks isn't in the top bracket of centre backs, but as a free agent he could well find himself highly sought after, and in a good bargaining position with any interested parties.

Regarding Sean's contract that appears to have gone quiet, hopefully it's just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's, but SD may want to see what assurances he's getting from the new board as too his transfer budget this summer before committing himself to BFC long-term.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun May 23, 2021 11:32 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:10 pm

Leicester like to play out from the back, Tarks is average on the ball even if you compare him to someone like Coady. I'm not saying they or another won't come in for him but defending seems to be a secondary thought to many managers nowadays

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:05 pm

If we were considering cashing in on Tarks will Brentford's triumph today cause us to have a change of heart?, the reason I pose this question is that whatever fee we get for him 15% of that goes straight to Brentford, and it's possible they could be a direct relegation rival to us next season, so why should we give them any assistance if that's a possibility, when they were playing in the Champ that was a different story, but now they'll be competing on an equal footing with us, it's not the main reason we should try and keep hold of Tarks, the main reason for keeping him is he's won the last 3 POTS awards, but it must be a consideration in our thinking surely.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Sat May 29, 2021 6:22 pm

Been brilliant for us, but.
Not being picked for the National side is more than because he plays for Burnley. He is a big fish in a little pond with us, I am not sure at all where he would fit in a top 8 team. He's a brilliant defender, but that is not enough these days and I'm not sure he can deliver at a higher level. On top of that he's nearly 30, and to go thru a season on your last year is a risky thing given a potential injury.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat May 29, 2021 6:23 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:05 pm
If we were considering cashing in on Tarks will Brentford's triumph today cause us to have a change of heart?, the reason I pose this question is that whatever fee we get for him 15% of that goes straight to Brentford, and it's possible they could be a direct relegation rival to us next season, so why should we give them any assistance if that's a possibility, when they were playing in the Champ that was a different story, but now they'll be competing on an equal footing with us, it's not the main reason we should try and keep hold of Tarks, the main reason for keeping him is he's won the last 3 POTS awards, but it must be a consideration in our thinking surely.
Very good point.

Brentford have a very good strategy of paying good money for players, giving them good wages in excess of turnover, and selling them at a profit in the future.

Thus, if they get £3m-£4m from us, that could lead to them spending £5m+ more on fees and wages than they would have done, which may make a difference to their chances of stopping up, e.g. funding an extra top quality loan like Newcastle did with Willock. Whereas we would be far weaker, whoever we sign.

Good argument to keep Tarky, but risks both ways. I think my preference would be to offer a decent pay rise for a 1 year extension.

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Sat May 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Fofana, at Leicester, made the PL team of the year. Last year Soyuncu did. With Evans their rock at the back I’m not expecting them coming back. Hammers have contracted Dawson so there goes another spot for him. SDs presser t’other week made it sound like it was over salary. If so pay him and be done with it. As said above we can’t afford to lose any of Pope, Tarks, Mee or Wood. A holding midfielder to sit in front of T&M and stop the breakaways that are killing us and a wideman are our necessities.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:25 pm

minnieclaret wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:06 pm
Fofana, at Leicester, made the PL team of the year. Last year Soyuncu did. With Evans their rock at the back I’m not expecting them coming back. Hammers have contracted Dawson so there goes another spot for him. SDs presser t’other week made it sound like it was over salary. If so pay him and be done with it. As said above we can’t afford to lose any of Pope, Tarks, Mee or Wood. A holding midfielder to sit in front of T&M and stop the breakaways that are killing us and a wideman are our necessities.
I agree the options for Tarkowski do appear to be narrowing, and I'm not aware of any firm interest outwith Leicester & West Ham, so I say the chances are as it stands he's more likely to stay than go, but in this game things can change in an instant.

I want to keep Tarks, I'm sure we all want to keep Tarks, however that doesn't mean we should just offer him carte blanche regarding wages, I'm not against offering him a modest pay rise if he'll commit to a longer contract, but nobody is bigger than the club, and I'd even include Sean Dyche in that, and if Tarks was to be offered a large wage hike then you can bet your bottom dollar some of our other senior players and also their agents will be clamouring for them to be similarly rewarded, and this is where the problems can start if our wage bill spirals out of control, the last couple of seasons it's seen a much higher proportion as a % of our annual turnover, and we can't afford to continue paying out such a large % of our outgoings on salaries, especially now we have the debt to service at the same time.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Sat May 29, 2021 7:40 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:05 pm
It's 35%, even more reason to keep him.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:00 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:40 pm
Well if your figure is anywhere near correct then yes I totally agree we may as well keep him, however that number sounds high to me, and I thought most sell-on clauses were normally in the 15-20% range, so if Brentford have negotiated 35% they've been very astute in their affairs, of course if we choose not to sell Tarks they'll end up with nothing, as indeed would we if he went on a free in 12 months, but his value is greater to us if he plays his part in keeping us in the PL for another season, so on balance unless we get a crazy offer, which given Tarks is entering the final year of his contract is unlikely, or Tarks simply downs tools, as indeed he did at Brentford in the first place to force his move to Burnley, then I'd keep him, yes he might well choose to simply run his contract down, but there's little we can do about that unfortunately, unless we can somehow persuade him to pen a new deal, but there doesn't appear to be any obvious signs of that scenario happening ATM.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 29, 2021 8:14 pm

claretandy wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:40 pm
I thought it was 27.5% :lol:

Either way, we’re led to believe it’s a lot and makes it completely pointless selling in my opinion.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat May 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Depends how badly he wants to go. Can we afford to keep him if he's unhappy and got his mind elsewhere?

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Nobody seems to factor in that will have more money to put towards his replacement should we get a fee for him. We’ll be able to sign a better player with 72.5% of £20m than 72.5% of 0.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:58 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:51 pm
Depends how badly he wants to go. Can we afford to keep him if he's unhappy and got his mind elsewhere?
Yes that's obviously a factor, and if he really wants away then I can't see how we'll benefit from keeping an unhappy player, or indeed what impact that might have on the dressing room, like it or not the players wield all the power these days, especially a player who's coming towards the end of his contract, however Tarks can only go elsewhere if he has potential suitors, and that may not be the case now, it might have been last summer, but since then Leicester & West Ham have made defensive signings, so it's not guaranteed either will still be courting JT. but yes ultimately if he wants away it'll be better for all if he does go, his performances towards the end of the season didn't give the impression of an unhappy player mind you so that could all be pure speculation.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:02 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:56 pm
Nobody seems to factor in that will have more money to put towards his replacement should we get a fee for him. We’ll be able to sign a better player with 72.5% of £20m than 72.5% of 0.
Possibly but if Stoke's valuation of Nathan Collins is anywhere near accurate we'll struggle to get better than Tarky even for £20m or so, and it's such a key area for us that we have to get this signing right, if we don't it'll probably lead to our relegation, that's how vital it is for us.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 29, 2021 9:08 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:02 pm
Possibly but if Stoke's valuation of Nathan Collins is anywhere near accurate we'll struggle to get better than Tarky even for £20m or so, and it's such a key area for us that we have to get this signing right, if we don't it'll probably lead to our relegation, that's how vital it is for us.
We’re not going to get better than Tarks, we may as well face that. Ideally for me, if he was to leave this summer, we’d sign an experienced player to jump straight into the side and a younger player such as Collins (who I’ve never seen) to bed in and develop.

My point is that those who say we may as well keep him because he’s so integral to us avoiding relegation don’t seem to be acknowledging that we will then need to replace him in 12 months time, with less money.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 29, 2021 9:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:08 pm
We’re not going to get better than Tarks, we may as well face that. Ideally for me, if he was to leave this summer, we’d sign an experienced player to jump straight into the side and a younger player such as Collins (who I’ve never seen) to bed in and develop.

My point is that those who say we may as well keep him because he’s so integral to us avoiding relegation don’t seem to be acknowledging that we will then need to replace him in 12 months time, with less money.
That theory is somewhat ignoring the £130m we secure by staying up. Tarks is not just an established PL CB that has kept us in this league for 5+ seasons, he’s done it playing in our system and alongside Mee. I think he significantly improves our chances of staying up every year. Even another experienced player like Dawson or Cahill is not certain to suit our system or develop the understanding with Mee. I’d protect that PL status above all else and accept a good chunk of the money earned from survival will need to go towards a replacement.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:08 pm

I don't disagree with a lot of that, and this is where our lack of succession planning is beginning to really hit home, we knew last summer that Tarks was coming towards the final stages of his contract and we should have got his replacement in then, not wait a year and now potentially finding ourselves scrambling to fill the backline, we also knew Gibson was likely to go to Norwich which he duly has, so whether Tarks stays or goes we'll need at least one centre back this window, because it's abundantly clear that neither Dunne or Long can be relied upon over the course of a long campaign, so even if Tarks did stay and decide to honour his contract, if either he or Ben was out long term we'd be up the creek without a paddle, as has been illustrated when one or both have been absent this season and we've been all over the place at the back.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 29, 2021 9:27 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:22 pm
That theory is somewhat ignoring the £130m we secure by staying up. Tarks is not just an established PL CB that has kept us in this league for 5+ seasons, he’s done it playing in our system and alongside Mee. I think he significantly improves our chances of staying up every year. Even another experienced player like Dawson or Cahill is not certain to suit our system or develop the understanding with Mee. I’d protect that PL status above all else and accept a good chunk of the money earned from survival will need to go towards a replacement.
Ok, but you’re only protecting the PL status for one season because it’s looking inevitable that we’ll be without Tarks in 12 months time. We will also have significantly less money to replace him with.

I’m not advocating that we sell him necessarily. Just pointing out that the sizeable transfer sum that we could get for him, even after Brentford’s cut, cannot be dismissed just because we have a better chance of surviving for one more season in the PL.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 29, 2021 9:28 pm

tiger76 wrote:
I don't disagree with a lot of that, and this is where our lack of succession planning is beginning to really hit home, we knew last summer that Tarks was coming towards the final stages of his contract and we should have got his replacement in then, not wait a year and now potentially finding ourselves scrambling to fill the backline, we also knew Gibson was likely to go to Norwich which he duly has, so whether Tarks stays or goes we'll need at least one centre back this window, because it's abundantly clear that neither Dunne or Long can be relied upon over the course of a long campaign, so even if Tarks did stay and decide to honour his contract, if either he or Ben was out long term we'd be up the creek without a paddle, as has been illustrated when one or both have been absent this season and we've been all over the place at the back.
That’s the issue. Ideally we would have blooded his replacement over the past season but unfortunately we’ve been neglectful in that sense.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 29, 2021 9:34 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Absolutely. It’s a poor situation to be in with no good outcome. All of our own making sadly, too.

We knew last January about the Gibson situation. Two windows to rectify the situation and we haven’t.

I think all teams have a gap in quality between their first team and reserve CB’s, but our situation is particularly pronounced.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:27 pm
Ok, but you’re only protecting the PL status for one season because it’s looking inevitable that we’ll be without Tarks in 12 months time. We will also have significantly less money to replace him with.

I’m not advocating that we sell him necessarily. Just pointing out that the sizeable transfer sum that we could get for him, even after Brentford’s cut, cannot be dismissed just because we have a better chance of surviving for one more season in the PL.
It’s hard to speculate because we are discussing a hypothetical sale and we don’t actually know the sell-on percentage, but assuming the £20m number and 27.5% we lose £14.5m.

I think the parachute payments are 55% so assuming TV revenue of £130m (may be too high with all the rebates, etc) we lose £58.5m.

Of course, that is just one season, but the main difference to me is that £14.5m is probably spread over several seasons whereas the £58.5m is all received in one.

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Sun May 30, 2021 2:00 am

Nixon latest:

Worrall for 10M, seems close to Forrest valuation. Collins at Stoke too expensive. Looking at Phillips at Liverpool. Tarky could stay, but want two CHs anyway.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun May 30, 2021 6:00 am

Looking very promising. We're so used to hearing nothing until the end. If there's something behind these leaks it means we're trying to get our business started early and even have multiple targets. If we get shunned by one we should get time to get others over the line.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Sun May 30, 2021 6:18 am

Liverpool have 5 CBs after the signing they made the other day so Phillips could be a possibility here's hoping.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 am

I'm not sure Liverpool will be willing to let Phillips go now. He's proved he can come in and do a job, and with the amount of games the top teams play he'd be ideal as a backup for them. I think they'll look to ship out Matip instead.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sun May 30, 2021 8:51 am

Lord_Bob wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:00 am
Nixon latest:

Worrall for 10M, seems close to Forrest valuation. Collins at Stoke too expensive. Looking at Phillips at Liverpool. Tarky could stay, but want two CHs anyway.
Nixon! 🥱

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sun May 30, 2021 11:17 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:03 am
I'm not sure Liverpool will be willing to let Phillips go now. He's proved he can come in and do a job, and with the amount of games the top teams play he'd be ideal as a backup for them. I think they'll look to ship out Matip instead.
Let's have Matip then! I've always liked him although he's not our style of player.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1392 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sun May 30, 2021 6:05 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:00 am
...We're so used to hearing nothing until the end. If there's something behind these leaks it means we're trying to get our business started early...
Which suggests to me that we're looking to secure a new centre back early in the transfer window, in case (or in expectation?) JT goes elsewhere.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun May 30, 2021 6:23 pm

Rumours on social media Leicester are back in for Tarks

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:00 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:00 am
Looking very promising. We're so used to hearing nothing until the end. If there's something behind these leaks it means we're trying to get our business started early and even have multiple targets. If we get shunned by one we should get time to get others over the line.
Doing our business so late also has a knock-on effect for the U-23's, if our squad isn't sorted early, young players get held back as cover for the 1st team, so end up not going out on loan to a club at a suitable level for their development. Steve Stone & the rest of the development team must be so frustrated. Hope this is an indication of intent for the youngsters by Pace & co. :)