Dyche to sign new contract !

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Re: Dyche to sign new contract !

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 am

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 am
Is it confirmed today? With a nice media video made up to show off our fantastic manager?
No

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am

For old times sake, what page number will we be on when he signs the extension? I'm guessing page 9 :D
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan whiffa

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:02 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am
For old times sake, what page number will we be on when he signs the extension? I'm guessing page 9 :D
If it's anything like our transfers it will be page 99 :shock: :lol:

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:03 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 am
No
Based on?

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:18 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am
Surely it's still IF

Remember McNeil and Tarkowski had signed for Leicester last summer, and the Egyptian had baught the club according to some people "in the know"...

However I'll also go 9, my daughters birthday
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am

warksclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 pm
I know SD was on a bonus if we avoided relegation. Were the team on one too ??
Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:10 pm

I’m over the moon with it. Just can’t believe how much they offered.

Be interesting to see if he gets his bonus on top of that 6m salary. I think that would put him on nearly on par with guardiola and Klopp wouldn’t it?
boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:49 pm

They get paid a ridiculous amount of money to do their job properly.
I would say that their bonus, and incentive, would be to be able to command the same or better for the next season.
How we should think about the wage and bonus structure that the club has set up:

Every season that the club finishes as a minimum 17th in the Premier League earns the club another season in the Premier League - and another £100+ million tv money. That's why and how the bonus money is earned. Each place higher in the table adds less than £2/3m to the club's revenue, so whether the club finishes 7th, 10th, 14th or 17th, it doesn't make that much difference, the manager, coaching staff and players will get a share of the position money - but not all of it. So, the bigger part of the bonus is earned by avoiding relegation and a smaller proportion for finishing higher up the table.

Newcastle, where do you get the "6m salary" from? I believe Sean Dyche's salary was reported to be £3.5m when he signed a few seasons back - though, I also think Sean Dyche's comment was "nothing like that..." I'd expect £3.5m to include his bonus. Similarly, when/if Sean Dyche signs a new contract the figure that is reported will include the "performance" element of his salary/wages. Maybe somewhere around £6m, including performance bonus, is the right level for an established Premier League manager at Burnley. Alan Pace/ALK will understand the "going rate" and will know that if they under-offer to Sean Dyche they will be guaranteeing his departure whenever another offer comes along.

Be great to get confirmation that Sean Dyche has signed a new contract.

Exciting times.

UTC

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 367 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am

It may be because its Friday but I'm feeling optimistic that it will be announced soon. I'll go for page 8.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:37 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:20 am
How we should think about the wage and bonus structure that the club has set up:

Every season that the club finishes as a minimum 17th in the Premier League earns the club another season in the Premier League - and another £100+ million tv money. That's why and how the bonus money is earned. Each place higher in the table adds less than £2/3m to the club's revenue, so whether the club finishes 7th, 10th, 14th or 17th, it doesn't make that much difference, the manager, coaching staff and players will get a share of the position money - but not all of it. So, the bigger part of the bonus is earned by avoiding relegation and a smaller proportion for finishing higher up the table.

Newcastle, where do you get the "6m salary" from? I believe Sean Dyche's salary was reported to be £3.5m when he signed a few seasons back - though, I also think Sean Dyche's comment was "nothing like that..." I'd expect £3.5m to include his bonus. Similarly, when/if Sean Dyche signs a new contract the figure that is reported will include the "performance" element of his salary/wages. Maybe somewhere around £6m, including performance bonus, is the right level for an established Premier League manager at Burnley. Alan Pace/ALK will understand the "going rate" and will know that if they under-offer to Sean Dyche they will be guaranteeing his departure whenever another offer comes along.

Exciting times.

UTC
Here's hoping Paul. His signature followed shortly by our first signing of the window

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 am

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:03 am
Based on?
The fact there is no hard evidence to suggest it is going to happen today.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:52 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Exciting times.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:D
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:05 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:52 am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:D
Stubbed you toe ?
This user liked this post: Zlatan

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:26 pm

always surprises just how much people underestimate of the earning s of the elite in football Guardiola is thought to be on a basic of £15m a season before bonuses - he is allowed his own endorsement deals (including what he ways at matches) that eliminate him form a number of the clubs deals - there is a long standing suspicion that like Mancini before him (which he has refused to answer questions on a number of times) he also has a separate deal with interests in Abu Dhabi to supplement his income - that way it does not count for FFP at City

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:26 pm
always surprises just how much people underestimate of the earning s of the elite in football Guardiola is thought to be on a basic of £15m a season before bonuses - he is allowed his own endorsement deals (including what he ways at matches) that eliminate him form a number of the clubs deals - there is a long standing suspicion that like Mancini before him (which he has refused to answer questions on a number of times) he also has a separate deal with interests in Abu Dhabi to supplement his income - that way it does not count for FFP at City
Squeaky clean, nothing to see here Manchester bloody city.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:58 pm

Paul Waine wrote:

Exciting times.

UTC
Hi Paul,

The 6m is what is being reported as his new salary. I don’t know if that’s basic or includes his bonuses.
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:58 pm
Hi Paul,

The 6m is what is being reported as his new salary. I don’t know if that’s basic or includes his bonuses.
my take is basic salary - though it is only a report not fact - if true then the tight management and the strength of being able to say no has appeared to have left the boardroom - you also wonder how they can justify the very low ball salaries in recent job adverts at the club - I assume we will now shut down the "one club for all" slogan

my first reaction when I saw that figure was that the players are going to want an uplift - and may mean they offer Tarkowski something close to that which he thinks he is worth

om the subject of of poor cost control this is a worthwhile listen https://www.bfm.my/podcast/morning-run/ ... canisation

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6894 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:33 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm
my take is basic salary - though it is only a report not fact - if true then the tight management and the strength of being able to say no has appeared to have left the boardroom - you also wonder how they can justify the very low ball salaries in recent job adverts at the club - I assume we will now shut down the "one club for all" slogan

my first reaction when I saw that figure was that the players are going to want an uplift - and may mean they offer Tarkowski something close to that which he thinks he is worth

om the subject of of poor cost control this is a worthwhile listen https://www.bfm.my/podcast/morning-run/ ... canisation
The almost unanimous view is that Dyche is the most important member of staff at Burnley football club, by quite a long way. If the new owners have decided that they are happy and able to say yes to Dyche's demands in order to retain his services then I don't think that this signifies a lack of strength or tight management.

And whilst the players may want an uplift, I'd expect Dyche to know the financial restraints under which he has to work. And if that means some players, including Tarks moving on for more money then that gives Dyche the opportunity to continue justifying his enormous salary by getting the most out of the players available to him.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:11 pm
I assume we will now shut down the "one club for all" slogan
Sooner the better. It was Neil Hart’s slogan with the community and he continued using it when he moved to work for the club. Should have been got rid of with him.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 pm
Sooner the better. It was Neil Hart’s slogan with the community and he continued using it when he moved to work for the club. Should have been got rid of with him.
personally I do not have an issue with the slogan as long as we live it - which is the crux of the issue, the difficulty is that it is quite rightly open to extremely broad interpretation and on that front the club has never lived up to it and from what we are led to believe neither did it's instigator Neil Hart

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:44 pm
personally I do not have an issue with the slogan as long as we live it - which is the crux of the issue, the difficulty is that it is quite rightly open to extremely broad interpretation and on that front the club has never lived up to it and from what we are led to believe neither did it's instigator Neil Hart
It’s instigator definitely didn’t.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:54 pm

Can someone explain why we have never lived up to the slogan?
What has Hart (not) done to live up to it?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:58 pm

As a slogan, it needn’t have any relation to salaries. If it simply means what it says, it’s a perfect.

Who can argue with the club being for everyone; black, white, man, woman. That’s my take on what it should mean.

An individual or indeed the club not demonstrating this value is a different matter.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:54 pm
Can someone explain why we have never lived up to the slogan?
What has Hart (not) done to live up to it?
The easiest way for you to look at is is to write down all the things you think the slogan could mean in regards to the club and then ask yourself if the club have lived up to that - it if does then feel free to counter my view

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm
The easiest way for you to look at is is to write down all the things you think the slogan could mean in regards to the club and then ask yourself if the club have lived up to that - it if does then feel free to counter my view
I've never really given the slogan any thought, but on 'One Club for All' just off the top of my head I can think of;

Inclusivity
-Family stand
-Modern disabled facilities
-Presumably and hopefully a high bar for inclusive employment

Affordability
-Amongst, if not the most affordable season tickets in the division

Community
-The work that the club does in the wider community
-Incentives such as free tickets for local school kids
-Inviting local kids teams to play on the pitch at half time

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:58 pm

I just saw it as a diversity thing personally, didn't think it was meant to be anything else.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:27 pm
I've never really given the slogan any thought, but on 'One Club for All' just off the top of my head I can think of;

Inclusivity
-Family stand
-Modern disabled facilities
-Presumably and hopefully a high bar for inclusive employment

Affordability
-Amongst, if not the most affordable season tickets in the division

Community
-The work that the club does in the wider community
-Incentives such as free tickets for local school kids
-Inviting local kids teams to play on the pitch at half time
You make some good points and I would include the DD scheme in affordability - that was really good and allowed any number of fans who may of struggled otherwise to get a season ticket.

But then I think of Gambling Sponsorship, and worse the incessant tweets about it around matches visible to a lot of impressionable children, charging hundreds of pounds for a kid to be a mascot - some are definitely excluded from that, there are other things too, including cancelling of the AGM's and most communication in general.

My bigger issues come with delivery, there are long serving people (and long suffering) in the club who definitely live up to the notion of "one club for all" but even recently, look at the mixed messaging on moving people in the JHL for the revised hospitality offerings, season ticket renewals even applying for the Free tickets (good) for the Liverpool game, the process was far from inclusive.

As for the the disabled facilities - yes it is good to have them, yes the users agreed to the solution provided and by all accounts are happy in their use of them - but they do not fit the legislation of accessibility to all stands, and has been pointed out on here recently, the facilities for physically challenged in other parts of the ground are non existent - the club freely admitted using some disabled toilets as storerooms previously, even on matchdays.

In regard to the family stand, there have been plenty of people recently complaining of the facilities for kids and I haven't begun to talk about the refreshment offerings

if you want to see a club that lives up to the creed of one club for all - look at St Pauli of Hamburg that is what I would see it as meaning - I an not saying that is wah I want just what I would take it to mean
Last edited by Chester Perry on Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milkcrate_mosh
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by milkcrate_mosh » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:09 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:05 pm
if you want to see a club that lives up to the creed of one club for all - look at St Pauli of Hamburg that is what I would see it as meaning
St Pauli's "kein fussball den faschisten" shirts would be less popular on here than the gambling sponsorship!

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:11 pm

milkcrate_mosh wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:09 pm
St Pauli's "kein fussball den faschisten" shirts would be less popular on here than the gambling sponsorship!
I have one of them, coming to the Turf next season

milkcrate_mosh
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by milkcrate_mosh » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:19 pm

Very jealous, they sold out before I could get my hands on one!

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Well, to be honest, its an English translation knock off!

And its very likely to be under my Burnley shirt unless its a very hot August!

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Page 10 before there’s any meaningful news on any contract (or not)

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Now down to 8/1 to join Palace.

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Is he on his jollies?

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 pm

If Sean is on holiday does that make him a middle class idiot?
This user liked this post: DCWat

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:55 pm

Spijed wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:04 pm
Now down to 8/1 to join Palace.
Steve Cooper massive favourite now.

If I were a Palace fan I’d be fuming about being in the situation they’re in now when they’ve known Roy was leaving for a full season.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:55 pm
Steve Cooper massive favourite now.

If I were a Palace fan I’d be fuming about being in the situation they’re in now when they’ve known Roy was leaving for a full season.
Maybe he didn't confirm it until late on.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:05 pm
Maybe he didn't confirm it until late on.
I got the impression it was Palace’s decision to be honest.

But either way they’ve known it was a possibility that he’d move on for a while, so you’d have expected them to plan for that eventuality.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:33 pm
The almost unanimous view is that Dyche is the most important member of staff at Burnley football club, by quite a long way. If the new owners have decided that they are happy and able to say yes to Dyche's demands in order to retain his services then I don't think that this signifies a lack of strength or tight management.

And whilst the players may want an uplift, I'd expect Dyche to know the financial restraints under which he has to work. And if that means some players, including Tarks moving on for more money then that gives Dyche the opportunity to continue justifying his enormous salary by getting the most out of the players available to him.
The reality is if we want to retain Sean's services then we'll need to pay the going rate, now £6m sounds a lot but I'd imagine a fair amount of that salary is based on us remaining a PL club, and yes SD is absolutely the bedrock of our success, so it makes sense to push the boat out to keep him if we can, as it doesn't bear thinking about how we'd manage to adequately replace someone of his stature.

Players even players of Tarks standing can be replaced, not easily admittedly but they can, it's a damned sight harder to replace a long serving manager such as SD, and it's a common theme among many pundits that without Sean we could well have suffered relegation last season, so I'm not surprised Alan Pace is pulling out all the stops to keep him on board with our new vision.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:15 pm

Siddo wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:44 pm
If Sean is on holiday does that make him a middle class idiot?
Never thought of Kettering as a holiday destination...or has he jaunted to Northampton, perhaps?

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Latest from Alan Nixon:
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (52.98 KiB) Viewed 2848 times

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Sounds a good move.

If the board show some prowess on attracting players, then sign. If we are reaching the ladt days and clutching at whats left, then he will know relegation is a certainty.

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 288 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Yes, nothing says to a player ‘sign for us’, like the manager himself dragging his heals about committing.

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 586 times

Post by rob63 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:50 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:15 pm
Never thought of Kettering as a holiday destination...or has he jaunted to Northampton, perhaps?
He has a lot of jet washing to catch up on!

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:58 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 pm
Sounds a good move.

If the board show some prowess on attracting players, then sign. If we are reaching the ladt days and clutching at whats left, then he will know relegation is a certainty.
Please tell me how the board can attract players if the managerial situation is uncertain?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:08 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:58 pm
Please tell me how the board can attract players if the managerial situation is uncertain?
The managerial situation isn’t uncertain. We have a manager under contract.
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL WiscoClaret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Perhaps Sean is completing this course before he is in a position to check and sign contract ?
https://www.tlc-uk.org/courses/basic-an ... acy-course

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:13 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:08 pm
Genuine question: Until when?

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:08 pm
If it’s that simple then there’s no need for us to give him all this extra money he’s after in his wage packet then.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:13 pm
Genuine question: Until when?
Another year

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:20 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 pm
Another year
OK. I wondered if his contract was up.
I think it would be handy if he got on with accepting any new offer ASAP, to be fair.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:21 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:14 pm
If it’s that simple then there’s no need for us to give him all this extra money he’s after in his wage packet then.
He’s being offered more money to extend the duration of his contract. It is that simple.