House v Accrington T20

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

House v Accrington T20

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:15 pm

Lowerhouse made 111/1 from 13 overs before rain eventually halted play. Parry 53no and Frankie 49no

Another example tonight of a strange attitude at cricket. As soon as the first spots of rain came down a couple of Accrington players were looking for the game to be halted. They played on in slight drizzle for a few overs as seems to be the norm in T20 until it became too heavy and they rightfully came off.
One fielder shouting for the covers to get ready, words in the umpires ear etc while it was only spotting. Wonder if the fact they were looking at facing a big score had anything to do with it? Poor attitude in my opinion. What has happened to the wanting to play, to taking part?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Re: House v Accrington T20

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:08 pm

I would have been wanting to come off as well.

What did they have to gain? If it was Acçy they might have stayed on for bar takings?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 pm

Thought it was the choice between buying a house or a ticket for the T20!
Close run thing!

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 pm

Lowerhouse won against a rather poor Colne side in the T20 at the David Wren Way this evening.

There was a surprisingly large crowd despite that there was no route into the next round for either side. It was also bloody freezing. There were a good few on from Colne.

Hats off for all those folks who turned up and to the staff, players and members who continue to be a credit to the club under difficult times.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:38 pm

Dressinggown wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:24 pm
Lowerhouse won against a rather poor Colne side in the T20 at the David Wren Way this evening.

There was a surprisingly large crowd despite that there was no route into the next round for either side. It was also bloody freezing. There were a good few on from Colne.

Hats off for all those folks who turned up and to the staff, players and members who continue to be a credit to the club under difficult times.
I am still shivering now. Taking me a while to shake the cold out of my bones.

Colne had a look of a team that had found several of their players by asking passers by if they fancied a game as they set off. :D
Then again so did Accy last night. Don't think the T20 is taken too seriously by a lot of the teams.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:38 pm
I am still shivering now. Taking me a while to shake the cold out of my bones.

Colne had a look of a team that had found several of their players by asking passers by if they fancied a game as they set off. :D
Then again so did Accy last night. Don't think the T20 is taken too seriously by a lot of the teams.
If amateurs like Haasbroek passed the Horsfield more often, we'd certainly be a better side. To watch him, he almost looks like a professional cricketer. I suppose he's a product of the Lowerhouse youth academy (South Africa branch). ;)

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:28 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:23 pm
If amateurs like Haasbroek passed the Horsfield more often, we'd certainly be a better side. To watch him, he almost looks like a professional cricketer. I suppose he's a product of the Lowerhouse youth academy (South Africa branch). ;)
Maybe get your pros to enjoy their surroundings (North Manchester seems more preferable ;) ), to fall for a local girl, get a job locally then perhaps you too can have players like Frankie.

Oh and yes..he was rather good tonight wasn't he? ;)
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:08 am

Frankie still plays like a professional but he is also engrained into the House team ethic.

Lowerhouse have again, what seems, recruited a top professional with Parry. I was expecting that he would take a good few wickets with the ball but he also seems very comfortable with the bat as well. A 2 year deal is a bonus given the ongoing restrictions on international travel.
'
The 'House may not gather any silverware this season but there appear to be good young players who are ready to 'step up to the plate' and compete for a First X1 place.

Our current captain has a the 'luxury' of trying to sort out a batting order when virtually all the batters have scored big runs in various competitions including periods as professionals in other leagues.

I expect Lowerhouse will be very strong moving forward.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:15 am

Dressinggown wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:08 am
Frankie still plays like a professional but he is also engrained into the House team ethic.

Lowerhouse have again, what seems, recruited a top professional with Parry. I was expecting that he would take a good few wickets with the ball but he also seems very comfortable with the bat as well. A 2 year deal is a bonus given the ongoing restrictions on international travel.
'
The 'House may not gather any silverware this season but there appear to be good young players who are ready to 'step up to the plate' and compete for a First X1 place.

Our current captain has a the 'luxury' of trying to sort out a batting order when virtually all the batters have scored big runs in various competitions including periods as professionals in other leagues.

I expect Lowerhouse will be very strong moving forward.
A fantastic performance with the bat when given the chance to open by young Jack Simm. Henri Cottam and Tom Yorke-Robinson also looking the part with the ball.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:21 am

I'd love to know what rain droplet measurement scale Lowehouse fans use that decides the difference between seemingly wanting the game to be abandoned and quite rightly coming off

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:57 am

Damo wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:21 am
I'd love to know what rain droplet measurement scale Lowehouse fans use that decides the difference between seemingly wanting the game to be abandoned and quite rightly coming off
If you re read what he said, he said they rightly came off?

Enjoyed last night, had over 30 down as we sponsored it, can’t remember getting home though tbf

Parkvilla
Been Liked: 40 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Parkvilla » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:35 pm

So Accy were right for coming off but he slated them for doing so.Also Accy had a few covid cases making the team weaker and against Rushton last weekend had four 2nd team players and no pro.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Parkvilla wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:35 pm
So Accy were right for coming off but he slated them for doing so.Also Accy had a few covid cases making the team weaker and against Rushton last weekend had four 2nd team players and no pro.
He was just frustrated at Lowerhouse not being able to win when doing very well.
He's normally a fair poster on the cricket threads so I wouldn't pay too much attention or get upset.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:59 pm

I was commenting on the attitude as soon as it started spotting with rain..and i mean spotting..that they were wanting to come off. I just find it a bizarre attitude. So what if they were looking at facing a big score..surely the enjoyment is playing in the first place?

Anyone who watches Lancs League T20 knows that they play on in very light rain but when it comes on heavier they come off. That decision is guided by common sense and contrary to the smart*rse comments not by the fans at the ground. It started spitting for several overs, then it was light for about 2 overs then came the deluge and off they came. All very sensible. My comment was on the attitude as soon as the first spots of rain appeared.

The result for Lowerhouse was irrelevant as we were more or less unable to qualify anyway.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:51 pm

I’ve seen a few references to the weather. It’s been ridiculously cold this week for June, hardly the sort of weather to be sat out watching cricket.

At least it’s getting warmer now so should be ok for those going tomorrow.

And if it was cold at Lowerhouse, just spare a thought for any hardy souls watching Haslingden or even worse Bacup.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:18 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:51 pm
I’ve seen a few references to the weather. It’s been ridiculously cold this week for June, hardly the sort of weather to be sat out watching cricket.

At least it’s getting warmer now so should be ok for those going tomorrow.

And if it was cold at Lowerhouse, just spare a thought for any hardy souls watching Haslingden or even worse Bacup.
It's been absolutely glorious at Padiham today. Let's hope anyone going tomorrow to the cricket has the same sunshine.