Away tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6901 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Re: Away tickets

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:04 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 am
I think the ticketing system has been wrong for years. A person who buys a season ticket gets 350 points, yet a person who makes the effort to travel away gets 10 points. This has resulted in fans who just go to home games accumulating points far quicker and then when it comes to the very big games with limited availability (Blackpool away in 2014 and Aberdeen in 2018 spring to mind) they then cherry pick the games and the fans who have been all over the country lose out. That isn’t fair and leaves a bad taste. I’m not saying that those with season tickets shouldn’t get loyalty points but it needs levelling up a bit and the club need to recognise just how much time effort and money it actually takes to follow your team away.
A couple of issues with that. Firstly, the club doesn’t profit from the sale of away tickets - so why would they weight a loyalty system in favour of those who may travel to more away games but don’t ‘support’ the club financially.

Secondly, lots of people travel a fair distance to home games. I’d class myself as relatively local, but i make a 100+ mile round trip to every home game. There will be a lot of people who travel much further.

I’m not saying there couldn’t be improvements to the system because there could. But it really isn’t a huge issue as people rarely miss out on tickets due to the relatively low demand.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:08 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:00 am
Just because you are a STH it doesn’t mean you meet the points requirement

Like I said, I’ve no objections to supporters clubs purchasing tickets in members behalf, but they should be against that individuals points and so they get allocated.

Members can’t then complain, if the football club change their policy and they only have 4000 points when, if they had purchased against their number, would have had 6000+

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:08 am

The one change we could make is to add another criteria to sales.

For those very few games each season where there is more demand than tickets they could use a system that rewards loyalty.

Keeping the points system you could have opening level 6000 points and 10 plus away games last season, then reduce to 8 aways then 6 and so on, Other clubs use systems like this who sell out every away game rather than say 1 or 2 per season. We see a lot of comments about how people can't take their kids to away games which is confusing when we hardly sell out an away fixture.

Burnleybabe
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am

I can assure you he does have enough points to get them through official channels.
Just gets them through to supporters groups to sit with fellow members.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12363 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:49 am

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:03 am
He says he has forgone points by getting tickets through the groups, which means his points total doesn't increase, leaving it unlikely he would have enough points to buy tickets through the official channels
Perhaps he can come back and explain.
When he says that he has 'forgone' points it means that he knew that by the supporters club getting his ticket he would not be awarded the normal 10 points.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:53 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:49 am
When he says that he has 'forgone' points it means that he knew that by the supporters club getting his ticket he would not be awarded the normal 10 points.
And therefore he doesn't acrude points on his profile

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:02 am

Leisure wrote:
Who is awarded the loyalty points in these instances? Not sure how supporters clubs work.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:04 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:04 am
A couple of issues with that. Firstly, the club doesn’t profit from the sale of away tickets - so why would they weight a loyalty system in favour of those who may travel to more away games but don’t ‘support’ the club financially.

Secondly, lots of people travel a fair distance to home games. I’d class myself as relatively local, but i make a 100+ mile round trip to every home game. There will be a lot of people who travel much further.

I’m not saying there couldn’t be improvements to the system because there could. But it really isn’t a huge issue as people rarely miss out on tickets due to the relatively low demand.
I understand your point Rileybobs, however it shouldn't always be about whether the club profits financially or not. Loyal fans should be rewarded. maybe a workaround would be in an earlier post i made.

"Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:11 am

Points should be allocated in distance travelled to get to away games for example - if you live in London, and you attend Chelsea away which is only 15 miles from your address - you accumulate 15 loyalty points. If you are travelling from Burnley which is what 350 miles? You get 350 points. And so on and so on."

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:04 am
I understand your point Rileybobs, however it shouldn't always be about whether the club profits financially or not. Loyal fans should be rewarded. maybe a workaround would be in an earlier post i made.

"Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:11 am

Points should be allocated in distance travelled to get to away games for example - if you live in London, and you attend Chelsea away which is only 15 miles from your address - you accumulate 15 loyalty points. If you are travelling from Burnley which is what 350 miles? You get 350 points. And so on and so on."
Why should you reward distance travelled to games though? That has little to do with ‘loyalty’. What about fans who travel to home games? Should I get more points than equally loyal fans who just so happen to live in Burnley? Seems like a daft idea to me, and that’s not to mention the environmental issue of encouraging long distance travel.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32239 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:02 am
Who is awarded the loyalty points in these instances? Not sure how supporters clubs work.
From what I'm told, no points are allocated but some of the supporters clubs have then submitted the Clarets Numbers for the points to be added to each person.

What I do know is that this decision was taken without any consultation with the supporters clubs. Those supporter clubs who run travel and are members of Burnley FC Supporters Groups (Accrington Clarets, Boundary Clarets, Supporters Club) were informed verbally last Monday evening and it was then confirmed by email from the SLO on the following day.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:13 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:02 am
Good question, and on who's account was the ticket purchased against?

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 am

Who ever purchased the tickets gets 10 points.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:27 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 am
Who ever purchased the tickets gets 10 points.
But doesn't use the ticket themselves?

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:33 am

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:25 am
If these independent supporters groups get preferential treatment for tickets, is that not a slap in the face, to use your term, for the majority of fans who don't use them
Access to tickets shouldn't be governed by the mode of transport you use to get to a game.
The supporters clubs are made up of season ticket holders or regular attendees at Turf Moor. These supporters have been the lifeblood of the club, particularly prior to the promotion to the Premier League. Individuals do not get credited with the points they would have been entitled to because they booked through supporters clubs. If the supporters clubs lose the facility to book match tickets with travel, it may make the booking of coaches much more difficult.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure cav

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am
Why should you reward distance travelled to games though? That has little to do with ‘loyalty’. What about fans who travel to home games? Should I get more points than equally loyal fans who just so happen to live in Burnley? Seems like a daft idea to me, and that’s not to mention the environmental issue of encouraging long distance travel.
Because it takes a considerable amount of time and effort to follow your team hundreds of miles than it does lets say Preston away (basing off an average BFC fan from the area). It would balance itself out - if you don't live in the area, there would be clubs more local to you where it would be more convenient for you to go to over someone who lived in Burnley. Why should season ticket holders who accumulate the loyalty points faster and hardly ever go to away games have priority over those that travel regularly when it comes to the big games?

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:38 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:10 am
Perhaps we should just play local teams, to avoid the " environmental issue "
This user liked this post: Leisure

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 am
Because it takes a considerable amount of time and effort to follow your team hundreds of miles than it does lets say Preston away (basing off an average BFC fan from the area). It would balance itself out - if you don't live in the area, there would be clubs more local to you where it would be more convenient for you to go to over someone who lived in Burnley. Why should season ticket holders who accumulate the loyalty points faster and hardly ever go to away games have priority over those that travel regularly when it comes to the big games?
How about an away season ticket?

Or a separate loyalty system just for away games?

Both are used successfully at other clubs.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:46 am

On the subject of who gets the points if individual supporters don't get them.

It's 10 points per away game but it can't be applied to the same Clarets Number more than once per game. That means, if a supporters club took 20 tickets for a game and the tickets weren't allocated to individuals then 190 of the 200 points would not be allocated at all.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:49 am

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:41 am
How about an away season ticket?

Or a separate loyalty system just for away games?

Both are used successfully at other clubs.
That is a very good idea. How do these work at other clubs? I should imagine it would be very easy to implement as all tickets are set at a maximum of £30

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:58 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:49 am
That is a very good idea. How do these work at other clubs? I should imagine it would be very easy to implement as all tickets are set at a maximum of £30
Very easy to implement. Wolves have just done it. All loyalty point scrapped there and you now have to pay £55 up front to become a My Wolves + member. So be very careful what you wish for.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:09 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Rovers had an away season ticket which worked well, but think you had to travel by coach

The most simple way would be to pay up front, then be guaranteed a ticket for every game, independent of whether you attend home games. By the sound of it some on here attend away games, but don't get the huge points because they are not season ticket holders, this would allow those people first dibs at away tickets

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:38 am
Perhaps we should just play local teams, to avoid the " environmental issue "
I really don’t think that’s necessary. I just think that rewarding fans based on the distance they travel to games is a silly idea for a number of reasons, including environmental ones.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 am

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:09 am
Rovers had an away season ticket which worked well, but think you had to travel by coach

The most simple way would be to pay up front, then be guaranteed a ticket for every game, independent of whether you attend home games. By the sound of it some on here attend away games, but don't get the huge points because they are not season ticket holders, this would allow those people first dibs at away tickets
Also in previous seasons, you had to have a season ticket and have the loyalty points in order to purchase. Again which I think is wrong. I couldn't afford a season ticket one year and was penalised because I didn't have a season ticket despite having the required points.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:24 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 am
Also in previous seasons, you had to have a season ticket and have the loyalty points in order to purchase. Again which I think is wrong. I couldn't afford a season ticket one year and was penalised because I didn't have a season ticket despite having the required points.
If you don't think being a season ticket holder should be a pre-requisite then you don't understand the concept of loyalty points.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am

Right, let's try to clear up a few things around this issue. I'll try to explain the background of historically the supporters groups being allocated tickets and just how the new arrangement of clubs only being allowed to purchase a maximum of 6 tickets, for people with the required points, wiil adversely affect the clubs.

Prior to the points system even being in place the club facilitated an allocation of tickets for supporters clubs. This allowed the clubs to be fairly certain that they would have enough people booked on their coaches to cover the cost. This arrangement then continued even when the points system was introduced, so we got tickets but no points were allocated to them individually. This arrangement was fine with the supporters clubs and suited the Club, as it involved less admin/inputting of membership numbers etc.

When the Club got promoted into the PL they started arranging coach transport for fans but there was such a small take up that it was discontinued fairly quickly (as the Club was losing money every game). The Club then stated that they valued the supporters clubs organising coaches and to help facilitate this they were happy for the ticket allocation arrangement to continue.

Then a couple of years ago we were made to fill in a seasonal form showing name and membership number of everyone we had purchased a ticket for and this had to be done for every game. It was only at this point that the Club started allocating points.

Then in the 2019/20? season the Club changed the arrangement again. We had to order the number of tickets we required (maximum of 50) and pay upfront for them. Go to the Ticket Office and collect them (with the stubs still attached). Take them home and allocate a ticket/seat to a person. Tear off the appropriate stub and mark on the ticket which category it was (adult, child etc). Then we had to complete a form showing name, membership number and seat number. Then take the stubs and form back to the Ticket Office. So we were relieving the Club of a fair bit of admin.

HOW THE NEW ARRANGEMENT IMPACTS ON THE SUPPORTERS CLUBS AND PEOPLE WHO TRAVEL WITH THEM -
1) Many supporters who have traveled the length and breadth of the county with clubs for many years and who have not been allocated points, will/may not have enough points to purchase a ticket, at least in the first sale.
2) People who regularly travel with supporters clubs and sit together at games will now not be able to do that, as they will be buying their own tickets and therefore will be spread out.
3) Where previously some people would be able to book a coach seat knowing that their club would purchase their ticket for them, now they will be either booking a coach seat without knowing that they have a ticket or buying a ticket without knowing that they can then book a coach seat.
4) Whilst I haven't spoken to London Clarets, I can imagine that they now face the same issue with regards to making a group booking on the train for attending home and away games ie can't book train without having match tickets but don't want to risk buying match tickets without knowing they can book the train.
5) From an Accy Clarets point of view we will probably now not run coaches to all the away games, as we won't take the risk (especially for the long distance games) of booking a coach at costs around £1500 without knowing that there will be enough people getting their own tickets to make the trip viable.

I hope that I'm wrong but I can only see the new arrangement resulting in some supporters clubs running less coaches, so less fans following the team, and some clubs may even fold (as their main purpose is to get fans to away games). Also, people buying their own tickets and then finding that there are no coaches to book on. The Club being left with unsold tickets (with that resulting in them justifying taking small allocations for most, if not all games), resulting in sell-outs for the big, local games and some fans not being able to get tickets.
From my personal viewpoint and this may not be agreed on by all clubs and fans, I have no issue (for fairness and openness) with the Club insisting that for tickets purchased by supporters clubs people must have the required points but to limit it to 6 tickets shows no understanding of just how it works running coaches for fans to away games.
Last edited by Leisure on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 4 users liked this post: wilks_bfc Yorkshire Claret turbo5 Targetman

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:27 am

If we were offered an away season ticket, the ones buying this would be the ones who go to all or most every away game so nothing would change.

Every season we have comments about how things should be changed while those making the comments ignore the fact hardly any away game sells out.

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 am

Well said Pete really does sum it up.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:24 am
If you don't think being a season ticket holder should be a pre-requisite then you don't understand the concept of loyalty points.
I don't think that of your personal circumstances change, and you can no longer afford a season ticket for that season, that your loyalty points essentially count for nothing. If i hadn't had a season ticket for 3 or 4 years for example, i could understand.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:27 am

Every season we have comments about how things should be changed while those making the comments ignore the fact hardly any away game sells out.
Exactly. And those making the most fuss probably only want to cherry pick their games. The only games which we have sold out recently are when the Club in their wisdom have only taken a small allocation! Thereby actually causing the problems themselves!
This user liked this post: cav

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am
Right, let's try to clear up a few things around this issue. I'll try to explain the background of historically the supporters groups being allocated tickets and just how the new arrangement of clubs only being allowed to purchase a maximum of 6 tickets, for people with the required points, wiil adversely affect the clubs.

Prior to the points system even being in place the club facilitated an allocation of tickets for supporters clubs. This allowed the clubs to be fairly certain that they would have enough people booked on their coaches to cover the cost. This arrangement then continued even when the points system was introduced, so we got tickets but no points were allocated to them individually. This arrangement was fine with the supporters clubs and suited the Club, as it involved less admin/inputting of membership numbers etc.

When the Club got promoted into the PL they started arranging coach transport for fans but there was such a small take up that it was discontinued fairly quickly (as the Club was losing money every game). The Club then stated that they valued the supporters clubs organising coaches and to help facilitate this they were happy for the ticket allocation arrangement to continue.

Then a couple of years ago we were made to fill in a seasonal form showing name and membership number of everyone we had purchased a ticket for and this had to be done for every game. It was only at this point that the Club started allocating points.

Then in the 2019/20? season the Club changed the arrangement again. We had to order the number of tickets we required (maximum of 50) and pay upfront for them. Go to the Ticket Office and collect them (with the stubs still attached). Take them home and allocate a ticket/seat to a person. Tear off the appropriate stub and mark on the ticket which category it was (adult, child etc). Then we had to complete a form showing name, membership number and seat number. Then take the stubs and form back to the Ticket Office. So we were relieving the Club of a fair bit of admin.

HOW THE NEW ARRANGEMENT IMPACTS ON THE SUPPORTERS CLUBS AND PEOPLE WHO TRAVEL WITH THEM -
1) Many supporters who have traveled the length and breadth of the county with clubs for many years and who have not been allocated points, will/may not have enough points to purchase a ticket, at least in the first sale.
2) People who regularly travel with supporters clubs and sit together at games will now not be able to do that, as they will be buying their own tickets and therefore will be spread out.
3) Where previously some people would be able to book a coach seat knowing that their club would purchase their ticket for them, now they will be either booking a coach seat without knowing that they have a ticket or buying a ticket without knowing that they can then book a coach seat.
4) Whilst I haven't spoken to London Clarets, I can imagine that they now face the same issue with regards to making a group booking on the train for attending home and away games ie can't book train without having match tickets but don't want to risk buying match tickets without knowing they can book the train.
5) From an Accy Clarets point of view we will probably now not run coaches to all the away games, as we won't take the risk (especially for the long distance games) of booking a coach at costs around £1500 without knowing that there will be enough people getting their own tickets to make the trip viable.

I hope that I'm wrong but I can only see the new arrangement resulting in some supporters clubs running less coaches, so less fans following the team, and some clubs may even fold (as their main purpose is to get fans to away games). Also, people buying their own tickets and then finding that there are no coaches to book on. The Club being left with unsold tickets (with that resulting in them justifying taking small allocations for most, if not all games), resulting in sell-outs for the big, local games and some fans not being able to get tickets.
From my personal viewpoint and this may not be agreed on by all clubs and fans, I have no issue (for fairness and openness) with the Club insisting that for tickets purchased by supporters clubs people must have the required points but to limit it to 6 tickets shows no understanding of just how it works running coaches for fans to away games.
Do you mind me asking if these issues have been raised with the club, and if so, what was their response ?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:38 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am

Problem being if supporter A hasn't enough points to get ticket for Man Utd away due to not having much interest during the non Premier League days, then to hell with all of the above change it and potentially ruin things for supporters club who will go to places like Bournemouth / Swansea away in midweek making sure fans can get there without the need to arrange overnight accommodation.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
But would people be prepared to pay £570 upfront, especially when they won't know at that time just how many of those 19 games they'll be able to attend?

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:44 am

Of course Supporters clubs get tickets for people who don't have enough.A friend of mines number is regularly used, although he hasn't been to a away game in years.When I did try to get a ticket for him,somebody else had already used his number.
This user liked this post: ropecatchmonkey

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:44 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 am
But would people be prepared to pay £570 upfront, especially when they won't know at that time just how many of those 19 games they'll be able to attend?
It's just an option... People will find a reason to object to any new system... But if people want to be guaranteed an away ticket, before the once a season trippers, there has to be some kind of financial cost

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:45 am

Thanks for that explanation Leisure.

From reading that it appears that Tenbellies, along with other members, “should” have been receiving his points, but in a retrospective basis.

I do agree the limiting of “6 tickets” on purchases, either by a supporters club, or an individual, does show a degree of naivety on part of the club

Burnleybabe - in no way was I meaning to imply he didn’t have the correct number of points, my example was just a general comment that some may be in that situation.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 am

Leisure wrote:
You can see why a lot of people are suspicious, and not that sympathetic, about supporters club ticketing arrangements.

If tickets were being bought using each travelling individuals' clarets number through Friends and Family, as has been claimed many times, then the individuals would get the points.

EDIT: I see there's a more detailed explanation above. Thanks for clarifying how it works
Last edited by aggi on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 am

I wouldn't have thought any supporters group would use his number without his permission if indeed they did.

1989_claret
Been Liked: 280 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by 1989_claret » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:47 am

Man City have Superbia where you pay X amount a season on top of your season ticket and are guaranteed a ticket for every game home or away in the premier league, both cups and Europe. It isn’t cheap!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am
Do you mind me asking if these issues have been raised with the club, and if so, what was their response ?
Certainly has been raised with them but whilst we were aware that some changes were likely, especially around the points requirements, we only got informed officially on Tuesday of last week. Since then I've asked for clarification on how many tickets we can purchase for people with the required number of points and the answer was 6. We can't be committing to running a coach (costing £1500+) to places like Southampton, Norwich, the London clubs etc knowing that only 6 people have tickets!
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Les Lawrence

Post by Les Lawrence » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am

Let's say someone booking five tickets on coach and gives supporters club,5 clarets numbers with enough points.How do they know who is actually using the number?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am
Certainly has been raised with them but whilst we were aware that some changes were likely, especially around the points requirements, we only got informed officially on Tuesday of last week. Since then I've asked for clarification on how many tickets we can purchase for people with the required number of points and the answer was 6. We can't be committing to running a coach (costing £1500+) to places like Southampton, Norwich, the London clubs etc knowing that only 6 people have tickets!
That would be taking social distancing much to far....

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am

aggi wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 am
You can see why a lot of people are suspicious, and not that sympathetic, about supporters club ticketing arrangements.

If tickets were being bought using each travelling individuals' clarets number through Friends and Family, as has been claimed many times, then the individuals would get the points.
We were allocated 50 tickets for each game (for these tickets only 10 points were allocated to the person purchasing them, until more recently when the system changed) , any more than that we either purchased through F and F or at the Ticket Office (when points were awarded).
PS - who are suspicious and not sympathetic?

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 am
I see chelsea offer a DD option, which i would be more than willing to do.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:10 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am
That's a good question random. There was no consultation, no warning, just an email last Tuesday from the SLO. It was posted on here before some of the supporters clubs had any knowledge of it.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:14 am

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am
We were allocated 50 tickets for each game (for these tickets only 10 points were allocated to the person purchasing them, until more recently when the system changed) , any more than that we either purchased through F and F or at the Ticket Office (when points were awarded).
PS - who are suspicious and not sympathetic?
Because people report that they have been able to get tickets through supporters clubs, despite not having the required number of points has led to some suspicions, understandably. They could of course be not telling the truth

onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by onewillieirvine » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:17 am

Just wondering how this situation has arisen. Have the club received complaints regarding the supporters clubs allocations? Or has somebody at the club thought how can I make it more difficult for fans to travel to away games?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 am

onewillieirvine wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:17 am
Just wondering how this situation has arisen. Have the club received complaints regarding the supporters clubs allocations? Or has somebody at the club thought how can I make it more difficult for fans to travel to away games?
We can't answer that because there was no consultation with us at all.

randomclaret2

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:31 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 am
We can't answer that because there was no consultation with us at all.
Who at the club has made the decision ? ...presumably not those who have been here a while and were therefore presumably ok with the previous arrangements ?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:33 am

If I were the supporters clubs I would stop running coaches for the forseeable and let the club deal with the backlash.
The club don't make money on away tickets though, so I don't think they care in the slightest?

Les Lawrence

Post by Les Lawrence » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:35 am

Don't think there is anyone on this messageboard who hasn't got a ticket without having the required number of points,or knows someone who has .