Away tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Re: Away tickets

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:22 am
We keep talking about expanding the fanbase and attracting young fans but the loyalty points don't half put a spanner in the works.
Try telling some young kid that it will be 15 years worth of loyalty points before they're guaranteed an away ticket and that's only if the other fans with a high number stop going regular.

I've said it before and no doubt say it again but why am I or any other supporter treated better simply because we were born earlier than these younger fans who want to travel the country watching Burnley.

Loyalty points should be the last 3 years rolling.
I have a foot in both camps with this one. I have probably enough points to guarantee a ticket for every game but my daughter who i would travel with hasn't. I've mentioned several times on here how unfair this is to our younger supporters and it is something they really need to look into. I used to be a member of Boundary Clarets way back in the day and was one of the original members but priorities changed once I had my daughter and she was younger. However if i was to travel to an away game now I would drive as it allows more flexibility in doing other things around the game.
The club clearly believe the points system is the way to go and somebody has flagged up that people are using the supporters clubs to circumvent the points system. However they surely need to address the blatant inequalities the system has thrown up.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:14 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:38 am
Rolling 3 Yr points is fine if you're an established club in the league. Because we are relatively new to the Premier league, and attracted "new" fans, should these new fans all of a sudden gain the same rights as long standing supporters.
Under the rolling plan, after 3 years you could have 12,000 or more on maximum points, and if only 2,000 tickets are available who has first dibs? Someone who has had a ticket for 3 yrs, or those who've had one for 30yrs?
We don't have 12,000 fans who go to every home and away match. Realistically I'd guess there are probably 500 or so who do that.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am

Grumps wrote:
Rolling 3 Yr points is fine if you're an established club in the league. Because we are relatively new to the Premier league, and attracted "new" fans, should these new fans all of a sudden gain the same rights as long standing supporters.
Under the rolling plan, after 3 years you could have 12,000 or more on maximum points, and if only 2,000 tickets are available who has first dibs? Someone who has had a ticket for 3 yrs, or those who've had one for 30yrs?
Hi Grumps, who has first dibs? The fans who place their order to buy first sounds right to me. And, if there are larger numbers who want to buy than there are tickets available, maybe a ballot could be arranged to give both "new" and "old" fans an equal chance.

I've declared my position above: live in London, had a season ticket from Jan 2009 to May 2016, but probably didn't get on t'Turf more than 10 times in those 7 and half seasons - and one of those was the Spurs League Cup semi-final. ST allowed me "a chance" to get away tickets in London and South East (but didn't always manage it).

It seems a lot of "custom and practice" has developed among fans on how they sort their tickets for games. It's good that the supporters groups have arranged to get tickets and Accy Clarets and others can fill their coaches. However, that's the fans and the supporters groups making those private arrangements amongst themselves. It's not the club making those arrangements. Away games can be "great days out." Sitting with friends and others we know at the game can add to the "great day out." However, that's all between the fans and the supporters groups they are part of.

The club has got to serve all fans, and be able to build the fan base of the future. I'm happy that the club takes the decisions that the club chooses to take. Some of these decisions might not suit certain people and certain situations. That's the way it is. Who knows, opening up away ticket allocations to more fans may mean that we can take the full ticket allocation to more games. That would be a great result.

UTC

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:22 am
We keep talking about expanding the fanbase and attracting young fans but the loyalty points don't half put a spanner in the works.
Try telling some young kid that it will be 15 years worth of loyalty points before they're guaranteed an away ticket and that's only if the other fans with a high number stop going regular.

I've said it before and no doubt say it again but why am I or any other supporter treated better simply because we were born earlier than these younger fans who want to travel the country watching Burnley.

Loyalty points should be the last 3 years rolling.

That would be relevant if we sold out away games.

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am

Agree,the points system is not fair for the younger generation,who are the future of the club All the older end supporters do is moan about change, people standing up,singing and generally everything else 😁

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:27 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am
That would be relevant if we sold out away games.
Must admit as a young supporter I can’t say I have ever had any problems getting tickets to away games.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am

aggi wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:14 am
We don't have 12,000 fans who go to every home and away match. Realistically I'd guess there are probably 500 or so who do that.
How many season ticket holders do we have? Those are the ones who would be getting the points.
At present not all have maximum points required for some games, under your plan, after 3 yrs everyone would hace access at first point of sale

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am

Whatever the club do here regarding the points system somebody will be at a disadvantage. The current system has been running quite a while and you could argue that it clealry shows the longer term fans but it doesn't distinguish those who have season tickets and those that go to a lot of away games because the points earned from an away ticket are miniscule in the grand scheme of things.
If the club was to reset the system it would cause even bigger issues. Everyone would be equal and it would be a free for all at first until it settled down. Clearly not an option.

What it boils down to is who is the better supporter? The long standing season ticket holder (giving the club income) or the fan that goes to a lot of away games? Ideally both surely? Isn't that what the points system shows? I certainly don't agree with the system and point weighting in its present form but you can see the premise behind it.

Not sure there is an answer that would suit everybody but I will keep on banging the drum for a younger supporter ticket to somehow be linked to an adult ticket to allow the younger fans a chance.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am
How many season ticket holders do we have? Those are the ones who would be getting the points.
At present not all have maximum points required for some games, under your plan, after 3 yrs everyone would hace access at first point of sale
You get points for away games too, and cup games.

The only people with maximum points would be those who went to every single match, home and away, for three years. That wouldn't be a big number.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 am

aggi wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 am
You get points for away games too, and cup games.

The only people with maximum points would be those who went to every single match, home and away, for three years. That wouldn't be a big number.
Not sure 10 points per away game will have much effect... Isn't that what people are complaining about now?

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:04 am

I am a member of the England Travel Club and have been for over 20 years. They have a pretty good loyalty system which allows new members to catch up with more long serving members over a period of time.

Points are known as "Loyalty Caps", 2 caps are awarded for every England game that you attend, both home and away, abd remain on your account for a maximum 4 year period.
Membership costs £75 for 2 years and runs from tournament to tournament, ie. from the World Cup to the Euros and then vice versa.

As an example this current membership will run up to the World Cup finals in Qatar, every game you attend from now until then you will receive 2 caps.
When the new membership starts again after the Qatar World Cup those loyalty caps will carry over for the next 2 years, but any caps that you got from the previous 2 years memberships will be lost.
And so your loyalty caps totals change at the start of the next 2 year membership period.

You dont go back to zero, you go back to the number of caps you earned in the previous 2 years, so as to give new members a chance to get nearer to the "top cappers".

The loyalty caps are only used for England away games, all members are guaranteed a ticket for every home game with £5 discount on the ticket price. Say you go to 8 home games over the 2 year membership period then in effect you will be getting 40 quid of your 75 quid fee back with the £5 discount.

The loyalty caps come into play for away games. The FA always try to get the largest allocation of tickets as they can for the Travel Club members. The only way you can buy a ticket from this allocation is to be a member.

70% of any allocation goes to the members with the highest total of loyalty caps. For example, if England get a 5000 ticket allocation then 3,500 of those tickets go automatically to the "top cappers". A ballot is then held for the remaining 1,500 tickets amongst the rest of the members who applied regardless of the number of caps they have. So a person with say just 2 caps will have the same chance in the ballot as someone with 10 caps. If they get lucky in the ballot they will have 2 more caps added to their total.

To stop any sort of touting with fans selling tickets they have a strict rule in place......away tickets are never posted out to members, they have to be collected in person in the city where England are playing either the day before or on the day of the game. You have to show either your passport or your membership card which has your photo on it.

So basically your loyalty caps totals only last for a 2 year rolling period which gives newer members the chance to catch up.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:16 am

Grumps wrote:
Not sure just where your 12,000 figure comes from but if a fan has a season ticket and goes to every away game plus maybe 3 or 4 cup games they would only accumulate about 600 points in a season.
Last edited by Leisure on Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 am
I have a foot in both camps with this one. I have probably enough points to guarantee a ticket for every game but my daughter who i would travel with hasn't. I've mentioned several times on here how unfair this is to our younger supporters and it is something they really need to look into. I used to be a member of Boundary Clarets way back in the day and was one of the original members but priorities changed once I had my daughter and she was younger. However if i was to travel to an away game now I would drive as it allows more flexibility in doing other things around the game.
The club clearly believe the points system is the way to go and somebody has flagged up that people are using the supporters clubs to circumvent the points system. However they surely need to address the blatant inequalities the system has thrown up.
Having a points requirement isn't really the issue, it's limiting the purchase of tickets to 6.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am
Having a points requirement isn't really the issue, it's limiting the purchase of tickets to 6.
Can you get tickets for somebody who would otherwise not have enough points to get a ticket the normal way? Do you get a block of 50 tickets that you can sell to anyone who wants to travel or do you have to use their loyalty number to order for them? I'm just curious to how it works.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:26 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am

Not sure there is an answer that would suit everybody but I will keep on banging the drum for a younger supporter ticket to somehow be linked to an adult ticket to allow the younger fans a chance.
The Supporters Groups have been in regular contact with the Club regarding this issue. One idea which we have put forward for consideration is that a certain percentage (maybe 5%) of each away allocation is ring-fenced for families, where the adult has the required points and the child hasn't but is a season ticket holder.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:29 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:26 am
The Supporters Groups have been in regular contact with the Club regarding this issue. One idea which we have put forward for consideration is that a certain percentage (maybe 5%) of each away allocation is ring-fenced for families, where the adult has the required points and the child hasn't but is a season ticket holder.
That would be a good compromise. Thanks for bringing it up with the club.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:29 am

Time for a change so that all fans get a fair deal and not the supporters club who have been mopping up the tickets before they go on general sale.

I would not be surprised if some fans who travel with the supporters clubs don't even have season tickets.
I have found this extremely unfair over the years and glad to see the club are putting an end to this discrimination of freelance travellers

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:31 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:16 am
Not sure just where your 12,000 figure comes from but if a fan has a season ticket and goes to every away game plus maybe 3 or 4 cup games they would only accumulate about 600 points in a season.
From the number of season ticket holders I thought we had.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:31 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:25 am
Can you get tickets for somebody who would otherwise not have enough points to get a ticket the normal way? Do you get a block of 50 tickets that you can sell to anyone who wants to travel or do you have to use their loyalty number to order for them? I'm just curious to how it works.
It’s all explained in my post on Wed 21st July at 10.26am.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:29 am
Time for a change so that all fans get a fair deal and not the supporters club who have been mopping up the tickets before they go on general sale.

I would not be surprised if some fans who travel with the supporters clubs don't even have season tickets.
I have found this extremely unfair over the years and glad to see the club are putting an end to this discrimination of freelance travellers
:D :D :D jesus

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am

Top Claret wrote:

So just how many tickets have the supporters clubs been 'mopping up'?

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:37 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am
So just how many tickets have the supporters clubs been 'mopping up'?
You have said elsewhere on this thread that each supporters club get 50 tickets to dish out to the Tom Dick and Harrys

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:41 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:31 am
It’s all explained in my post on Wed 21st July at 10.26am.
Thanks. Having read that your point number 1 on the affects has answered my question.

You say that without being able to utilise the supporters clubs facility of getting tickets people will be left without enough points to otherwise get tickets.
Now surely if we are employing a system that requires a certain number of points EVERYONE should be equal in this? How is it fair that getting a ticket through a supporters group circumvents the system the rest of us are following? Would the missed points (at 10 a time) really have made that much difference?

The points system may be weighted badly but surely if there is a rule in place the fairest thing is that all supporters follow it? Perhaps this is the clubs thinking?

The issue really is with the points system and the weighting which doesnt allow for away fans to be recognised.

Burnleybabe
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by Burnleybabe » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:45 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:37 am
You have said elsewhere on this thread that each supporters club get 50 tickets to dish out to the Tom Dick and Harrys
We get UP TO 50 tickets for our Members.
Yes our membership does include a couple of Toms no Dick and 1 Harry.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:55 am

Top Claret wrote:
Now you're just making things up. Please can you direct me to the post where I said that?

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:55 am
Now you're just making things up. Please can you direct me to the post where I said that?
Probably your long, informative post the other day. I don't think it says anywhere you check the number of points the person has you sell to. You might do, or I might have misread

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:41 am
Thanks. Having read that your point number 1 on the affects has answered my question.

You say that without being able to utilise the supporters clubs facility of getting tickets people will be left without enough points to otherwise get tickets.
Now surely if we are employing a system that requires a certain number of points EVERYONE should be equal in this? How is it fair that getting a ticket through a supporters group circumvents the system the rest of us are following? Would the missed points (at 10 a time) really have made that much difference?
If you go back over say 10 seasons some fans could have missed out on 2000/2500 points. Add those to 10 years of season tickets (10 x 350) that would give them around 6000 points, as it is they have less than 4000. Also, the supporters clubs weren't circumventing the system, the Club was facilitating the arrangement.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:06 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Probably your long, informative post the other day. I don't think it says anywhere you check the number of points the person has you sell to. You might do, or I might have misread

Maybe you need to read it again! No-one can actually check another person's points, only that individual can.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:08 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Still waiting to hear just how many tickets the supporters clubs are 'mopping up'!

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:09 pm

Burnley FC Supporters Groups are holding a meeting next week. We have now asked our members not to comment further on this issue until such time as the meeting has taken place and an agreed decision has been taken.

Barlickclaret
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by Barlickclaret » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:09 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:06 pm
Maybe you need to read it again! No-one can actually check another person's points, only that individual can.
So when people book seats how do you know they have enough points to be given a match ticket.

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:11 pm

Then a couple of years ago we were made to fill in a seasonal form showing name and membership number of everyone we had purchased a ticket for and this had to be done for every game. It was only at this point that the Club started allocating points.

That is the issue with points

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:11 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:06 pm
So if the requirement was 4000 pts, you could sell a ticket to someone with only 1000pts?
Perhaps that's why he uses the Tom dick or Harry example?

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:11 pm
So if the requirement was 4000 pts, you could sell a ticket to someone with only 1000pts?
Perhaps that's why he uses the Tom dick or Harry example?
What is the problem with that?

Has anyone ever actually had any problems getting tickets to away games? Do we ever even sell out

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:14 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:09 pm
So when people book seats how do you know they have enough points to be given a match ticket.
His only concern is filling his bus and I don't blame him for that.

I applaud what he does for our fans but not at the expense of the freelancers, who put in all the foot work by organising their own travel by road and rail, through rain, wind and snow

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:16 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 pm
What is the problem with that?

Has anyone ever actually had any problems getting tickets to away games? Do we ever even sell out
Of course we sell out. Our last away game was a sell out, which was a home game for you

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:17 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:14 pm
His only concern is filling his bus and I don't blame him for that.

I applaud what he does for our fans but not at the expense of the freelancers, who put in all the foot work by organising their own travel by road and rail, through rain, wind and snow
If you were to drive to an away game in your car what organising does this take ? Also if it rains for you on that day does it not rain for everyone else ?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:09 pm
For the initial 50 tickets, whilst quite a lot of fans confirm that they have enough points, a small number who have traveled with us for years possibly don't have the required number (due to them not having been awarded points over many years). But for those 50 the Club didn't require everyone to have the points. However, when we required more than the initial 50 we had to order them like anyone else and did so through the Friends and Family facility and then everyone had to have the qualifying number of points.

Les Lawrence

Post by Les Lawrence » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:24 pm

No more comments,it's not going the way we wanted
This user liked this post: ropecatchmonkey

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:16 pm
Of course we sell out. Our last away game was a sell out, which was a home game for you
The Newcastle game was only a sell-out because the Club didn't take the full allocation. Although we did tell them that there was a big demand for the game and that the full allocation would sell out. So if there is any blame it should be put on the Club, not the supporters clubs!

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:29 pm

Top Claret wrote:

If we sold out for all or even most of our away games then I could see your point regarding this, not saying that I would agree with it, but would understand it.

I'm a Burnley fan, I want whatever can help the team. For me there is nothing better than being in an away stadium with a big following of Clarets. Especially when playing a tough team in a large stadium.

The different supporters clubs go a long way in helping to produce this for people who wouldn't normally be able to travel to away games, be it because of cost, having to take time off work(possible overnight stays) or ease of local pick-up points.

I do go to away games but not with the supporters clubs so dont have any hidden agenda. These people who voluntarily run away travel to follow our team should be commended NOT questioned or be accused of using underhanded methods.

We just dont sell out our away allocations so where is the problem?
Can anyone remember our brilliant 2 nil win at Old Trafford around 18 months ago?
Man Utd away, just down the road, one of our best ever Premier League victories, but we couldn't sell all of our 3,000 tickets!

Some people are so insular and think only about themselves, others will just try to be contraire and argue about trivial things just to cause an argument.

The supporters clubs groups ferry many, many Clarets to away games which is surely what we want to see, lets not hinder them from doing so, either us as fans or Burnley Football Club itself.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:23 pm
For the initial 50 tickets, whilst quite a lot of fans confirm that they have enough points, a small number who have traveled with us for years possibly don't have the required number (due to them not having been awarded points over many years). But for those 50 the Club didn't require everyone to have the points. However, when we required more than the initial 50 we had to order them like anyone else and did so through the Friends and Family facility and then everyone had to have the qualifying number of points.
So, after hundreds of posts, the acceptance that someone, without the required number of point, could, get a ticket.
That's been the suspicion for years, now confirmed. The club might accept it, so be it... Just good to know our suspicions were correct.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:34 pm

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:32 pm
So, after hundreds of posts, the acceptance that someone, without the required number of point, could, get a ticket.
That's been the suspicion for years, now confirmed. The club might accept it, so be it... Just good to know our suspicions were correct.
Grumps how many away games do you go to a season and how many have you missed out on in the last 5 years ?

Les Lawrence

Post by Les Lawrence » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:40 pm

Think this post will be getting pulled soon

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:45 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:34 pm
Grumps how many away games do you go to a season and how many have you missed out on in the last 5 years ?
I've never said, or intimated that I've missed any games I've wanted to attend, shouldn't stop me from being interested in the discussion should it?

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Les Lawrence wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Not at all

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Part of me thinks they will turn it into a tiered ballot system, with points determining which band you go into.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:03 pm
If you go back over say 10 seasons some fans could have missed out on 2000/2500 points. Add those to 10 years of season tickets (10 x 350) that would give them around 6000 points, as it is they have less than 4000. Also, the supporters clubs weren't circumventing the system, the Club was facilitating the arrangement.
So basically the club are trying to level the playing field at a guess. The problem is the administrative problems it causes to organisers like yourself. Back in the day when I used to travel with Boundary we used to have to either commit to saying we were going the next game or pay a visit to Home and Away taxis to book on with Paul. We paid on the coach on the day at one point until people who said they were coming didnt...leaving a shortfall.
It's a difficult one commiting to paying for a coach seat if you aren't sure of getting a ticket for the game and you need that assurance that those who said they will come will to cover the coach cost.

It sure is a tricky one. I can see both sides of the argument though.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:12 pm

Les Lawrence wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:24 pm
Les Lawrence wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:40 pm
Think this post will be getting pulled soon

Absolute nonsense. It affects some of the supporters clubs and the running of coaches. There’s a meeting next week to discuss the situation and it’s been considered best to have an agreed view on it. Nothing more than that and the ‘not going the way we wanted’ comment is something I’d expect from a primary schoolchild.

And then you add the next post. I won’t even comment on that.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:33 pm

For the 2017-18 season when we finished 7th I managed to get the the following number of tickets for each of the away games mentioned, and that's depsite none of us having over 2k points, mines the highest as I've had the most season tickets.

Spurs - at Wembley - x4 (Wood scored his first goal for us)
West ham x7 tickets - that pitch invasion etc
Newcastle x2
Swansea X4 - wish I hadn't bothered, this was a crap game :roll:
Bournemouth X3 mid week game
City - cup game X5
Brighton x4

Didn't have much of an issue with waiting for the tickets to reach the level we qualified and as a general rule of thumb I've noticed we don't always sell out for away games and we tried not to target the bigger games for tickets, plus we live near Oxford so southern based away games meant better availablity generally.
(We did Carrick's testimonial for a visit to Old Trafford that year and the same with Arsenal's pre season mini tournament for the Emirates and a European game at Stamford Bridge for example so we've ticked them off our list of grounds)
I've done other away grounds in different years like Saints and I was in the home end when we played Arsenal in the cup and Freddie Ulvestad made an appearance

The way tickets are allocated has needed looking at for a long while, but it doesn't seem very well thought out by the club.