Away tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Away tickets

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Looks like the club are clamping down on Supporters clubs getting tickets for those who travel with them and limiting friends and family tickets to groups of 6.

Shame really it's big groups of friends sat together that create the atmosphere.

Let's hope it doesn't hit the supporters clubs too hard who do fantastic work getting our supporters up and down the country watching the Clarets.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Re: Away tickets

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:43 pm
Looks like the club are clamping down on Supporters clubs getting tickets for those who travel with them and limiting friends and family tickets to groups of 6.

Shame really it's big groups of friends sat together that create the atmosphere.

Let's hope it doesn't hit the supporters clubs too hard who do fantastic work getting our supporters up and down the country watching the Clarets.
This is what happens when the club’s hierarchy won’t consult with fans unfortunately. I’ve not heard anything, and a limit of six would not affect me personally, but I feel for those who run coaches.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:53 pm

Why the limit to 6 F&F?

If they all meet the requirements of having STH & enough points, then what’s the issue?

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm

I'm assuming they all didn't have to and if that was so, good, I'm glad they are changing the system to give others a chance. 6 tickets on one application is still too many.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:13 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm
I'm assuming they all didn't have to and if that was so, good, I'm glad they are changing the system to give others a chance. 6 tickets on one application is still too many.
If you are ordering for multiple people they all had to have the required number of points at the time of application. Why is 6 too many? People go to games in groups.
This user liked this post: wilks_bfc

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:16 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm
They all need to have the points to get the tickets.

We’ve sometimes had to wait until the second period as some haven’t had enough points

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:18 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:16 pm
They all need to have the points to get the tickets.

We’ve sometimes had to wait until the second period as some haven’t had enough points
We used to at one time but we are all now in the 6,000+ points group.

Barlickclaret
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by Barlickclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:18 pm

About time, don't agree with the max 6 but too many are allowed to book a coach seat because they know they get a ticket, and havnt got enough points.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:18 pm
About time, don't agree with the max 6 but too many are allowed to book a coach seat because they know they get a ticket, and havnt got enough points.
Don’t think that is correct - they have had to provide the numbers for checking. Sadly, with these restrictions, some of these coaches won’t run and could prevent people getting there.

Barlickclaret

Post by Barlickclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 pm
Don’t think that is correct - they have had to provide the numbers for checking. Sadly, with these restrictions, some of these coaches won’t run and could prevent people getting there.
Correct they do have to have numbers, but the numbers get the tickets but the tickets are given to people who just book a seat if the person who's number doesn't need it.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:56 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm
Correct they do have to have numbers, but the numbers get the tickets but the tickets are given to people who just book a seat if the person who's number doesn't need it.
I think you need to either retract that or provide some proof.

Barlickclaret

Post by Barlickclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:08 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:56 pm
I think you need to either retract that or provide some proof.
Sorry if you think my opinion on the subject in incorrect, but it's an observation from many away games. Or Are we not allowed an opinion, what's different to certain people.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:17 pm

Don't see why people can't sort their own tickets out if they have the required points. It's been a grey area for years how many tickets disappear to the supporters clubs for the big games.
This user liked this post: Grumps

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:29 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:17 pm
Don't see why people can't sort their own tickets out if they have the required points. It's been a grey area for years how many tickets disappear to the supporters clubs for the big games.
People like to sit together when they get there. If they are getting their own then they won't. There has been no grey area nor tickets disappearing, supporters clubs running coaches have been allowed a fixed number of tickets.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:08 pm
Sorry if you think my opinion on the subject in incorrect, but it's an observation from many away games. Or Are we not allowed an opinion, what's different to certain people.
No problem with opinions, but that wasn't an opinion. You said: " too many are allowed to book a coach seat because they know they get a ticket, and havnt got enough points." That isa accusing people of having tickets they weren't entitled to.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm
I think you mean if the person with enough points who has ordered their ticket through the supporters club they regularly travel with, can't go for whatever reason they pass the ticket on so it doesn't go to waste.

Supporters clubs won't get tickets for random fans or they would end up massively out of pocket with no shows.

Barlickclaret

Post by Barlickclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:13 pm
I think you mean if the person with enough points who has ordered their ticket through the supporters club they regularly travel with, can't go for whatever reason they pass the ticket on so it doesn't go to waste.

Supporters clubs won't get tickets for random fans or they would end up massively out of pocket with no shows.
Exactly what I meant, who would think I meant anything different.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm

What really bugs me is that the loyalty points system discriminates against children. I would love to take my daughter to more away games but simply can't as she is only a new season ticket holder. I am usually within the first priority period myself but because i can't get her a ticket I have to wait in hope there are some free onto general sale if we want to go together.
The future supporters are missing out here. Surely those with top priority should be able to take one child as long as they are a season ticket holder?
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:54 pm

First come First served. 6 Will do just Fine.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:58 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:48 pm
What really bugs me is that the loyalty points system discriminates against children. I would love to take my daughter to more away games but simply can't as she is only a new season ticket holder. I am usually within the first priority period myself but because i can't get her a ticket I have to wait in hope there are some free onto general sale if we want to go together.
The future supporters are missing out here. Surely those with top priority should be able to take one child as long as they are a season ticket holder?
This has been raised many times and admittedly is something I only started thinking about once my nephew & godson become season ticket holders.

I’m not sure what the solution is tbh
Your suggestion of those with 6000+ points being able to get a child’s one isn’t a bad idea, but maybe only when the 4000+ period is open

Barlickclaret

Post by Barlickclaret » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:07 pm

tim_noone wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:54 pm
First come First served. 6 Will do just Fine.
Took longer than I thought.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
This issue has been raised with the Club by the BFC Supporters' Groups (as recently as in a meeting with the Club yesterday) and it is something which they are considering.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:08 pm
This issue has been raised with the Club by the BFC Supporters' Groups (as recently as in a meeting with the Club yesterday) and it is something which they are considering.
Totally agree with that. We’ve been pushing for some time to get a better deal for our younger fans who can’t have built up the required number of points.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:11 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:58 pm
This has been raised many times and admittedly is something I only started thinking about once my nephew & godson become season ticket holders.

I’m not sure what the solution is tbh
Your suggestion of those with 6000+ points being able to get a child’s one isn’t a bad idea, but maybe only when the 4000+ period is open
That would be a fair compromise. At the moment it is hope for general sale. Seriously considering writing to AP on this one.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:27 pm

Whilst I fully support any initiate to allow adults with enough points to purchase tickets for youngsters without sufficient points (and a suggestion to address this issue has been put to the Club by the Supporters' Groups), it needs to be acknowledged that any such scheme may then result in fans with sufficient points then not being able to get tickets. And this is highly likely to occur, especially if the club only take minimum allocations for popular games. So the challenge for the Club is to not solve one problem but by doing so, just create a different problem/issue.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:27 pm
Whilst I fully support any initiate to allow adults with enough points to purchase tickets for youngsters without sufficient points (and a suggestion to address this issue has been put to the Club by the Supporters' Groups), it needs to be acknowledged that any such scheme may then result in fans with sufficient points then not being able to get tickets. And this is highly likely to occur, especially if the club only take minimum allocations for popular games. So the challenge for the Club is to not solve one problem but by doing so, just create a different problem/issue.
Likely creating an issue with a more vocal group.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:55 pm

Leisure wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:27 pm
If supporters with kids (like myself) were able to get tickets then surely the club should be looking at taking a bigger allocation as there would be a bigger demand. As you say they surely couldn't take a minimal allocation and apply this rule as others could miss out. Bare in mind this might only be open to supporters already with a high number of points AND with a child already with a season ticket.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure wilks_bfc

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 am

Our issue in stopping going to away games is not being able to see. We have made requests for front or close to front seats due to inability to stand for any long time.
We have asked for the club to sort out tickets ie the first 5 rows allocated to those who cant stand or wish to remain seating for the duration of the game.We are told to write in with an sae requesting front row seats.Why with computer programming can the seats be set aside for those needing them
Often we were told to get the stewards to persuade fans who have a front row seat and dont mind a swop to do so. A better system is to allocate seats on arrival getting all those who need front seats or close to front seats
Those who want to stand allocated at the back
This user liked this post: Whitgord

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:10 pm
Totally agree with that. We’ve been pushing for some time to get a better deal for our younger fans who can’t have built up the required number of points.
Away tickets should be allocated to fans who go away and therefore we should switch to a rolling 2 year period for loyalty points.

I don’t buy into season ticket holders who never go to an away game, but have amassed 7000 points, getting priority for away matches.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 am

I am all for getting kids to away games, but we rarely sell out an away game, does this demand of change mean for all games or just the ones against the local top sides. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of away games sold out in the last 2 seasons of being allowed to go was in single figures.

Those who can't take their kids to games due to loyalty points can buy tickets when they reach general sale stage but it seems a stance that unless I can buy them in the first level of sales then they can't go.

One approach I would like the club to take is to have applications in advance of away games to give them an idea of how many are wanting to go, if those interested paid a deposit it would stop those saying yes to being interested but come closer not bothering if we have lost the last few. If enough showed an interest then they could take the higher allocation more often. Sadly we tried to do this with a game (think it might have been Everton at christmas) and some whinged about them doing that. While the club could no doubt do more so could an element of our fanbase.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:45 am

A rolling window is most logical. With points carrying over and overwriting previous points based on that logic. Some want like it but it makes most sense.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:55 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 am
Our issue in stopping going to away games is not being able to see. We have made requests for front or close to front seats due to inability to stand for any long time.
We have asked for the club to sort out tickets ie the first 5 rows allocated to those who cant stand or wish to remain seating for the duration of the game.We are told to write in with an sae requesting front row seats.Why with computer programming can the seats be set aside for those needing them
Often we were told to get the stewards to persuade fans who have a front row seat and dont mind a swop to do so. A better system is to allocate seats on arrival getting all those who need front seats or close to front seats
It's a great point you make about people wanting to or needing to sit.
Why don't you see if there is interest in forming a club that needs seats at the front so you have some clout with the club and get better organised.

If you had enough numbers with points you could purchase the full front 3 rows for instance. Plenty would be interested from what we have seen on here.

All the fans that like to stand would certainly back it.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:11 am

Points should be allocated in distance travelled to get to away games for example - if you live in London, and you attend Chelsea away which is only 15 miles from your address - you accumulate 15 loyalty points. If you are travelling from Burnley which is what 350 miles? You get 350 points. And so on and so on.

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:24 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 am
Away tickets should be allocated to fans who go away and therefore we should switch to a rolling 2 year period for loyalty points.

I don’t buy into season ticket holders who never go to an away game, but have amassed 7000 points, getting priority for away matches.
I'm with you on the second point.....by enlarge buy ing tickets for "A New Ground" or the Big important games When theres something at stake.....not many travel to Bournemouth on a weekday or Arsenal once it's off their strange "tick" List. Should be a different ticketing criteria for away fans Imo. Full slop. I Admire the Likes of Leisure and others catering for the Away games of little importance. But go nonetheless.....

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:26 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:11 am
Points should be allocated in distance travelled to get to away games for example - if you live in London, and you attend Chelsea away which is only 15 miles from your address - you accumulate 15 loyalty points. If you are travelling from Burnley which is what 350 miles? You get 350 points. And so on and so on.
Has London been Moved? Fully agree on the points accumulating though.
Last edited by tim_noone on Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:28 am

tim_noone wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:26 am
Has London been Moved?
Pedantic sod. You could live in the Chelsea area :D

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:29 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:28 am
Pedantic sod. You could live in the Chelsea area :D
I wish..... :D
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:42 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Burnley are a bit unusual with having loyalty points that never expire. Obviously the upshot is that it takes much, much longer for new fans to catch up.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:05 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 am
In our meeting on Monday with the Club, BFC Supporters' Groups again requested that the Club consider putting some arrangement in place whereby people who want/need to sit can request this when purchasing their ticket(s). The Club would need to reserve rows at the front to facilitate this and there would need to be some means of fans requesting this, as at present you can't do this when buying online. Regarding your suggestion of allocating seats on arrival, I really don't see how this could work. It's chaotic enough generally when arriving at the away turnstiles without then having to be allocated a seat.

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:34 pm

I have travelled regularly to away games with Colne Clarets and then Central Lancs Clarets for decades. For the Burnley Football Club to deny these supporters clubs access to tickets for their members is a slap in the face to the volunteers within those supporters clubs, who have worked hard in organising travel and tickets to support our team on their travels. I personally have forgone points since this system was introduced by getting my tickets through them.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:25 am

ten bellies wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:34 pm
I have travelled regularly to away games with Colne Clarets and then Central Lancs Clarets for decades. For the Burnley Football Club to deny these supporters clubs access to tickets for their members is a slap in the face to the volunteers within those supporters clubs, who have worked hard in organising travel and tickets to support our team on their travels. I personally have forgone points since this system was introduced by getting my tickets through them.
If these independent supporters groups get preferential treatment for tickets, is that not a slap in the face, to use your term, for the majority of fans who don't use them
Access to tickets shouldn't be governed by the mode of transport you use to get to a game.

ayrshireclaret83
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by ayrshireclaret83 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:04 am

tim_noone wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:24 am
I'm with you on the second point.....by enlarge buy ing tickets for "A New Ground" or the Big important games When theres something at stake.....not many travel to Bournemouth on a weekday or Arsenal once it's off their strange "tick" List. Should be a different ticketing criteria for away fans Imo. Full slop. I Admire the Likes of Leisure and others catering for the Away games of little importance. But go nonetheless.....
I’d be swimming in points coming from Scotland
This user liked this post: tim_noone

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 am

I think the ticketing system has been wrong for years. A person who buys a season ticket gets 350 points, yet a person who makes the effort to travel away gets 10 points. This has resulted in fans who just go to home games accumulating points far quicker and then when it comes to the very big games with limited availability (Blackpool away in 2014 and Aberdeen in 2018 spring to mind) they then cherry pick the games and the fans who have been all over the country lose out. That isn’t fair and leaves a bad taste. I’m not saying that those with season tickets shouldn’t get loyalty points but it needs levelling up a bit and the club need to recognise just how much time effort and money it actually takes to follow your team away.

Burnleybabe
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 am

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:25 am
If these independent supporters groups get preferential treatment for tickets, is that not a slap in the face, to use your term, for the majority of fans who don't use them
Access to tickets shouldn't be governed by the mode of transport you use to get to a game.
Who said they did.
Just be nice for supporters travelling on a coach be allowed to sit together
So long as they have the required criteria

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:38 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 am
Who said they did.
Ten bellies did

Reading his post it reads that the supporters club(s) get a batch of tickets that they hand out to members, regardless if they have enough points or not, which is why he has “forgone points”

I’ve nothing against supporters clubs getting their tickets all together in order to sit together, but the tickets should be purchased against their individual points/numbers

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:40 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Who said they did.
Literally the post he was replying to :lol:

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:43 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Who said they did.
Tenbellies said that he had given up on the points system, and got his tickets via a supporters group, implying that he was getting tickets without the required points thus gaining preferential treatment

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:55 am

No I read it as points were not added as he got them through a Supporters Group.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:00 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:38 am
Ten bellies did

Reading his post it reads that the supporters club(s) get a batch of tickets that they hand out to members, regardless if they have enough points or not, which is why he has “forgone points”

No, that is not true, he forgone points as they were not added through being bought through the supporters group.

Why does everyone have the opinion, without any proof that Supporters group just buy tickets for anyone, I would have thought members meet the criteria. After all I was say they are all Season tickets holders.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:03 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:55 am
No I read it as points were not added as he got them through a Supporters Group.
He says he has forgone points by getting tickets through the groups, which means his points total doesn't increase, leaving it unlikely he would have enough points to buy tickets through the official channels
Perhaps he can come back and explain.
This user liked this post: wilks_bfc