Have we sold out to owners to take us sideways ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Have we sold out to owners to take us sideways ?

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:37 pm

Our previous owners are not stupid people they must have done due diligence on ALK and realised what ?

These people will improve the club on and off the field by leaps and bounds ?

These people have only got the money to move us sideways on the field and slightly upwards off it ?

These people needed to make a statement, a big statement and we expected a sign in January. Then the focus is on this window and judging by the slowness nothing is changing recruitment wise.

Did our previous owners sense / were told SD would see out his current contract and leave, and forseen a aging squad not being recycled quick enough to stay in the premiership ?? And sold out a massive headache to ALK ??
This user liked this post: Claretpundit

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Have we sold out to owners to take us sideways ?

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:47 pm

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:55 pm

I don’t blame the old board one bit for selling up.

Dyche moaning like a baby every chance he got and fans siding with him because he was claiming money wasn’t being made available to him because the board wouldn’t renew contracts on clearly finished players.

Now look - Seemingly still no money for transfers & a **** load of debt.

s6t9a2f3f

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:56 pm

Can understand your point, the fans have been sold a "make believe" story here. The start of another Venky story but without the money to plug holes in the losses - wow 👏

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:00 am

Wait until the end of the window for posts like this. Some posters will look silly...

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:08 am

s6t9a2f3f wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:37 pm
These people needed to make a statement, a big statement and we expected a sign in January. Then the focus is on this window and judging by the slowness nothing is changing recruitment wise.
Not sure who those "we" were but there were quite a few on here saying that wasn't going to happen and that this summer window would be a telling one. In addition, a few of us have stated that we (the few stated) no incoming first team members in this window, unless first team players such as Tark's would be sold.

The model they have IMO is for the young to come through and hence we so many (trialists) showing up, which seems far more than I remember for a long time, but could easily be wrong about that. People to push the present first team squad yes, but not anyone to walk straight in, I'm simply not expecting that and they need time to develop and implement a new strategy that will show results, in terms of players and revenue from marketing etc.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

s6t9a2f3f

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:15 am

KateR wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:08 am
Not sure who those "we" were but there were quite a few on here saying that wasn't going to happen and that this summer window would be a telling one. In addition, a few of us have stated that we (the few stated) no incoming first team members in this window, unless first team players such as Tark's would be sold.

The model they have IMO is for the young to come through and hence we so many (trialists) showing up, which seems far more than I remember for a long time, but could easily be wrong about that. People to push the present first team squad yes, but not anyone to walk straight in, I'm simply not expecting that and they need time to develop and implement a new strategy that will show results, in terms of players and revenue from marketing etc.
Some very good points and observations but the bottom line is "wet behind the ears" owners "playing" at trying to compete in football and the UK premiership league is not the place for your first day at school and time ? Is something you definitely don't get unfortunately.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:17 am

KateR wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:08 am

I think while you are right with the model, I do think they want to bring in a first teamer or two this window if they can.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 am

We'd have been in a much better spot if Garlick used the £30m (that ALK apparently used to buy the club with it's own money) on transfers. We'd have also been in a better spot if Garlick took out a £60M loan with MSD to fund transfers.

We have spent a **** ton of money from the club, we have committed to spending a **** ton each year and further destroyed our yearly profit margins(interest) and we also have a big ugly loan hanging over our heads.

All for what? What benefit has the club got from such a huge minus to the club finances (and future finance)?

Instead of new people coming in and buying their own shares, the club has committed to paying their shares.

At least when Glazers took over Man United with the same method they actually had fortunes to plough into the club to improve things on and off the field and also had fortunes to cover the initial debt if necessary.

I'm sure Chester will be along shortly to tell me I'm wrong and that ALK intend to pay for their own shares out of their own pocket and we are in a much better spot, I just don't see it.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:24 am

Instead of the club spending £90m on transfers, the club has spent £90m on new owners. Many fans on here have previously said taking out debt for new players would've been ridiculous, irresponsible etc. If we spent £90M on transfers under Garlick in 1 window and used debt for it, many would be worried and scratching their head.

So why are fans ok with spending £90m on new owners but not players for the team? explain the difference.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -with-debt

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:26 am

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 am
We'd have been in a much better spot if Garlick used the £30m (that ALK apparently used to buy the club with it's own money) on transfers. We'd have also been in a better spot if Garlick took out a £60M loan with MSD to fund transfers.

We have spent a **** ton of money from the club, we have committed to spending a **** ton each year and further destroyed our yearly profit margins(interest) and we also have a big ugly loan hanging over our heads.

All for what? What benefit has the club got from such a huge minus to the club finances (and future finance)?

Instead of new people coming in and buying their own shares, the club has committed to paying their shares.

At least when Glazers took over Man United with the same method they actually had fortunes to plough into the club to improve things on and off the field and also had fortunes to cover the initial debt if necessary.

I'm sure Chester will be along shortly to tell me I'm wrong and that ALK intend to pay for their own shares out of their own pocket and we are in a much better spot, I just don't see it.
Why assume Chester would do that? He has been incredibly sceptical of change from the very beginning. He’d only point out something factually wrong, not the sentiment.
These 2 users liked this post: Claret_tinted KateR

s6t9a2f3f

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 am

KRBFC wrote:

Spot on, we have rolled over and had our tummies tickled, no doubt - by people with long hands and very short pockets.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:28 am

elwaclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:26 am
Why assume Chester would do that? He has been incredibly sceptical of change from the very beginning. He’d only point out something factually wrong, not the sentiment.
He's an informative poster is Chester, I enjoy his contribution more than most, he appears to just have an opposite view of the takeover to me.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am

s6t9a2f3f wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 am
Spot on, we have rolled over and had our tummies tickled, no doubt - by people with long hands and very short pockets.
We have reportedly paid Garlick £102M so far, with the £60M MSD loan, a little from ALK and the rest from the clubs £42m in the bank prior to the takeover.

The worrying thing is we still have to pay Garlick future installments, where is that money going to come from? the sale of Mcneil and Pope?

The £7m yearly interest is a further £7m ate into our yearly PL TV income, margins are already tight. I also forgot to add, nobody knows what we are paying these ALK guys in wages.
Last edited by KRBFC on Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am

Too early to tell but to date it’s not looking better than the old ownership ( well prior to spending nothing when a takeover was pending). The only ones who have benefitted to date are Garlick JB and ALK who aren’t doing whatever this is for free.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:37 am

just remind me how many players the other teams have signed ?...............
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:37 am
just remind me how many players the other teams have signed ?...............
For me, this isn't about players incoming. I think we'll get a couple of cheap players in, I'm not hitting the panic button about the transfer window yet, I'll wait until the end of the window before making judgement.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:48 am

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am
For me, this isn't about players incoming. I think we'll get a couple of cheap players in, I'm not hitting the panic button about the transfer window yet, I'll wait until the end of the window before making judgement.
same here, I don't know why people are flapping, every single expert has said this transfer won't kick in until August

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:17 am

KRBFC wrote:

I have argued previously that it looked like Garlick was planning player purchases until Covid struck and changed the financial outlook
KRBFC wrote:

Man Utd actually struggled a bit financially for the first few years as the model had to be proved to reduce the interest rates - The Glazers have never put any money in since their original stake (they have since taken out more than that stake in fees, dividends and share sales) - What the Glazers did do was give Fergusson effective absolute power over the footballing side of the club, and sanctioned the purchase of a key target each season something the Martin Edwards wouldn't do. The Glazers were also able to leverage the massive on field success of United in the previous decade (and it's huge international reach) on the commercial side - such that it quickly became the biggest revenue earner for the club and that remains so to this day.

The problem with applying that model to our club is that we have never had that level of success or domestic/international fanbase or reach. Neither is there the residual revenue, player assets and infrastructure at a level that provides the opportunity to both invest in revenue growth and service the new ownership model (debt financing and owner income - the latter is pure speculation at this juncture).

Many have refused to accept that the previous owners were only partway down a long pathway to build the club up again after decades of making do, Historically huge investments have been made to start making the club compatible with modern day expectations, and much more is still required. Our Academy has made huge and rapid progress but is still really only 3 years or so into a probable 10 year journey into being a regular provider of home grown talent, and as the angst on this thread shows there is a palpable thinness to our first team squad as well as concerns about it's age profile. There has been a delicate balancing act for some time now and in a number of ways the new model has made that even more difficult.

The question that has been and remains is can the new owners do enough to persuade Sean Dyche to stay with the same fight and application his tenure has displayed until this point? because the one thing most seem to agree on is that without him our Premier League status is likely to dissolve. Of course continually giving him additional control means that any future succession is likely to see us struggle unless it is of someone from within the system who already understands and identifies with the culture and model.

I haven't touched on the external issues over which the owners have little control, but following the interim report on the fan led review last week there are a number of things that should make the owners and their lenders review and update their risk logs and that is without the threat of relegation with no parachute payments. The same can be said about the plans of UEFA and FIFA.
KRBFC wrote:

Instead of new people coming in and buying their own shares, the club has committed to paying their shares...........

I have said previously that it is possible that the ALK 3 did not put a penny of their own into buying actual shares of the club, it is entirely feasible that the upfront external cash came from Checketts and Parra

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:31 am

You were never really happy with the transfers under the old owners.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=30600

You were all excited to watch how this pans out in December 2020, after acknowledging the challenges of taking a small club to the next level....it's July and you're already unhappy and clearly no longer willing to watch and wait

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... 7#p1456117

We've got 2 lads in early doors, one of whom will apparently break our transfer record if the add-ons are paid out, identified a weak area and signed a more experienced no2 GK, whilst sending our other one out on loan to get some more experience.

"Expected a signing in January.."
Yup but it didn't happen so we went back and got him in this window, Collins was one lad we tried to get in January but the new owners had barely gotten their feet under the table and Stoke were playing hardball.

We've been linked with multiple players and we very nearly got Ashley Young before Villa stepped in.
We are really trying to get Albrighton and Cornet.

Sitting their whinging that we have potentially gone sideways is quite frankly bizarre when you look at what the club's trying to do this window compared to last summer and the one before that.

Also look at what the club is changing at the ground itself and the staff changes at retail level, plus other ventures.
These 4 users liked this post: Greenmile Juan Tanamera KateR tiger76

Rumpelstiltskin
Has Liked: 2708 times

Post by Rumpelstiltskin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:35 am

Garlick told us several years ago that he was looking for investment into the club but stressed that as custodian of the club he would only sanction any deal which would be in our very bests interests.
Post takeover Garlick rides off with his investment which has not gone into the club,only into his pockets.
He’s happy and won’t be looking back.We are saddled with huge debt and the future is scary.
Some custodian.He spoke with mighty forked tongue.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:36 am

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am
We have reportedly paid Garlick £102M so far, with the £60M MSD loan, a little from ALK and the rest from the clubs £42m in the bank prior to the takeover.

The worrying thing is we still have to pay Garlick future installments, where is that money going to come from? the sale of Mcneil and Pope?

The £7m yearly interest is a further £7m ate into our yearly PL TV income, margins are already tight. I also forgot to add, nobody knows what we are paying these ALK guys in wages.
Garlick has not been paid £102m - The seven (I think) previous board members have reportedly so far been paid a total of £102m - all but Jon B and Mike G have been paid off in full - the last two are still to be paid circa £70m in three instalments (again according to reports) we do not know when these instalments are due (was one this summer?) but we do know the penalty for not making them on time is (again according to reports)

So we have lost of reports but no cold hard facts other than there are two loans and it appears John B and Mike G are owed money otherwise they wouldn't be on the board.

If the loan is at a similar level of interest to that at Southampton then the service payments for £60m are a little under £5.5m

The £81m at the end of July 2020 was not a free cash pile there was a lot of that that was accrued so was not reserves

you may find it helpful to look through this it explains some of this more clearly
Chester Perry wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:26 pm
Back in May the editors of London Clarets magazine "Something to write home about" asked me to write an article about the the recently published 2019/20 accounts. The brief was wholly encompassing not only covering the accounts but also trying to take in where I see the club standing pre and post takeover, how initiatives such as Project Big Picture and Super League may impact together with some wider issues that may have a direct impact on the clubs finances. I was asked to close it with an estimation of the revenue and equity value growth that would be needed to allow the club to remain "competitive" though none of us have a clue how that can be defined given our performances in the past 5 seasons.

The prime constraint was page space (though some would consider it a long and intense article) and it would have proved an impossible task without the help of Phil Whalley in his editorial role. The final piece was worth the effort though (even if if I couldn't squeeze in everything I wanted too) and London Clarets seem to agree as a month after the magazine's publication they have decided to publish the article for all to see on the internet.

it can take a little while to load https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LB1brx ... OYlm1/view

you can follow London clarets on twitter here https://twitter.com/LondonClarets

and learn more about them here https://www.londonclarets.org.uk/

Jamesy
Been Liked: 780 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by Jamesy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:36 am

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:00 am
Wait until the end of the window for posts like this. Some posters will look silly...
Crikey! I wish I shared your optimism.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 am

They don’t have much more money. But they are spending money of the the field too, with all the LED stuff and improving the hospitality. So they are investing money on the revenue generating aspects of the club. That’s where they seem a bit more proactive. In terms of spending on the squad, it’s as you were.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:16 am

The person who told me about the takeover late last year has been reading this board recently after I mentioned some of the threads and he finds it highly amusing.
In answer to the OP. No. Very much forwards but I did like his comment on some posters on here regards ALK and finances.

...'If your board was a javelin event at the olympics. Some of your posters would be so far wide of the mark they'd be in danger of impaling people in the crowd'...

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 am

I guess we will see the true state of things over the next 30 odd days. One thing I have noticed is how the fan base is splitting in half.

ALK in and ALK Out. Not sure how that can be beneficial long term.

Let’s see what happens but currently it looks like a sideways to backwards move

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2316 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:58 am

I'd be delighted if we moved sideways for a few years.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:08 am

fatboy47 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:58 am
I'd be delighted if we moved sideways for a few years.
Same. Sideways is near the very top of my expectations right now.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:26 am

They have been here 7 months. I bet you was one of the ones who whinged in January too.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:29 am

I've been sceptical of the new owners throughout because of the leveraged buy out but recognised they needed time to show their intentions.

I also found it odd the amount of stick the previous board and Garlick in particular got from some supporters while at the same time being happy with the takeover.

Right now it feels like we are in a worse position without a pot to pis5 in, but I hope the passage of time proves otherwise.

Father Jack
Been Liked: 148 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by Father Jack » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:35 am

BenWickes wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:16 am
The person who told me about the takeover late last year has been reading this board recently after I mentioned some of the threads and he finds it highly amusing.
In answer to the OP. No. Very much forwards but I did like his comment on some posters on here regards ALK and finances.

...'If your board was a javelin event at the olympics. Some of your posters would be so far wide of the mark they'd be in danger of impaling people in the crowd'...
Sounds very hopeful. But as always for the reader who doesn’t know the source, there is risk in believing in something because you want it to be true.
This user liked this post: BennyD

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:37 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 am
I guess we will see the true state of things over the next 30 odd days. One thing I have noticed is how the fan base is splitting in half.

ALK in and ALK Out. Not sure how that can be beneficial long term.

Let’s see what happens but currently it looks like a sideways to backwards move
You say the fan base is split, but it certainly was before. We had a number of ‘fans’ becoming increasingly vitriolic to Garlick. And you are forgetting that the club was tearing itself apart from within due to the rift between Garlick and Dyche, and the fallout at boardroom level.

Something had to change.

A takeover of some degree had to happen. If you were expecting some sort of wealthy, Middle Eastern backer to come in and splash hundreds of millions then that was never going to happen.

Clearly, there are concerns. I share some of those too. We all do.

But the difference is I’m prepared to give them longer than 6 months, in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, to prove their worth.
These 3 users liked this post: KateR tiger76 BennyD

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:47 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:37 am
You say the fan base is split, but it certainly was before. We had a number of ‘fans’ becoming increasingly vitriolic to Garlick. And you are forgetting that the club was tearing itself apart from within due to the rift between Garlick and Dyche, and the fallout at boardroom level.

Something had to change.

A takeover of some degree had to happen. If you were expecting some sort of wealthy, Middle Eastern backer to come in and splash hundreds of millions then that was never going to happen.

Clearly, there are concerns. I share some of those too. We all do.

But the difference is I’m prepared to give them longer than 6 months, in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, to prove their worth.
To be fair they are some very good points. I don’t think anyone was expecting a Middle Eastern billionaire but similarly I don’t think anyone was expecting owners that would leverage takeover the club.

I appreciate they have only been here a short time, but in reality they haven’t got a long time to get this right. They need to support the manager to the extent he feels satisfied the squad can keep us up. Given his recent comments I would say they need to improve on this. Without adequate backing relegation becomes a real possibility I would argue for the first time in 5 seasons. With the debt we have it becomes difficult to envision how there plan could work.

I’m willing to give it some time but I am also very aware that not bringing players this summer could be critical to there long term success.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:58 am

Something had to give and that was either Garlick or Dyche. I can’t deny that I for one was glad at the time that it was the former. I’m still of a similar opinion though I’m slightly concerned with the debt we’ve been laden with. However I’m not concerned with the fact we are still being conservative. That actually makes me feel a little easier. I’d be more worried had ALK splashed the cash care free, as that would have increased the debt even more and left us in an even more precarious position if/when we get relegated. At the moment we probably have enough player assets in Pope, Wood and McNeil to clear a large debt should the unthinkable happen and we go down.

But at the end of the day WE didn’t chose this situation or AlK, WE had zero say in the matter and all we can do is hope / trust the previous incumbents have been true to their word and left us with good / trusted new owners. If the last 18 months has taught me anything as long as we have a football club to support and watch on a Saturday I’m not over worried about what division we are in. Let’s just see what happens and enjoy the ride. It was good to be back last night.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:34 am

My take is the new owners want to build us on and off the pitch, but in order to raise the money for the former, they have to do the second, first.
Raising Burnleys profile, and squeezing every penny from it, is the only way to raise the funds needed to improve the squad, or more importantly compete with our peers. It's a slow process, and frustrating, but those are the realities.
We knew we weren't getting a sugar daddy when ALK took over, and they are obviously trying hard, it's just a difficult window. Covid has cut funds for everyone so you can't sell an asset unless you can guarantee that the replacement is lined up, pen in hand. It will probably be a busy last day of the window, and I doubt we will see much activity before then.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2566 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:45 am

Meanwhile...... back on planet earth.....

"Have we sold out to owners who are going to have to work hard to continue Burnley being higher up the footballing pyramid than where the available resources should naturally have them"..... "Have we sold out to business men rather than fans, who are going to do things like * checks notes *...... monetise the streaming of friendlies to try and bring more revenue into the club"

Take it away Joanie.....

"Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone, they paved paradise and put up a parking lot"
These 3 users liked this post: Tall Paul GodIsADeeJay81 Dougall

KefkaClaret
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Post by KefkaClaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:46 am

People talk about this as if anything was within our control. If it passes the proper regulations there is nothing we can do.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:50 am

Have we really turned into one of those clubs where the supporters are calling for heads just seven months after something has changed?

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:01 am

martin_p wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:50 am
Have we really turned into one of those clubs where the supporters are calling for heads just seven months after something has changed?
Turned into? It's always been like this
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (888.76 KiB) Viewed 4492 times
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley Ace tiger76

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 am

martin_p wrote:
No... some wouldn't give 7 days

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:06 am

If you weren't calling for heads before, you can't now really as nothing has changed. Other than the huge debt we're saddled with obvs. It's as you were, but with new LED lights.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 am

Realistically we’re not going to know that until at least 12 months from now. See what their plans are for the club, see a set of accounts and how much they’re investing in the club.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 am

Far too early to tell either way, however their revolution in the commercial side is long overdue.

They won't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:20 am

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 am
Far too early to tell either way, however their revolution in the commercial side is long overdue.

They won't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs
What about a vegan omelette?

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:23 am

Jamesy wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:36 am
Crikey! I wish I shared your optimism.
I’m not overly optimistic about this window. I’d just wait a year or so to see what happens before judging the new owners. Everything they have said has been promising and they have started some seemingly good work off field. Collins is also a good early buy which wouldn’t have happened before.

Hopefully we will get a good winger or two before the end of this window...

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:31 am

Pretty simple really:

- Off the pitch they have without doubt moved us forwards.

- On the pitch, we’ve seen a marginal improvement but not enough to say more than sideways at the moment. With 30 days in the transfer window to go, we’ll have to wait and see.

- Financially we’ve moved backwards albeit folk conveniently overlook there are some advantages to carrying debt.

If in 30 days time we’ve moved forward on the pitch as much as we’ve moved forward off it, that will well outweigh the financial aspect and we can safely say the takeover has moved us forward. If we haven’t, it’s fair to say a sideways move. Since there’s so much of the window to play out, this thread is premature.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:47 am

martin_p wrote:
No just literally a handful who post on here though they do usually claim to speak for the ‘many’.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie tiger76

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:35 am
Garlick told us several years ago that he was looking for investment into the club but stressed that as custodian of the club he would only sanction any deal which would be in our very bests interests.
Post takeover Garlick rides off with his investment which has not gone into the club,only into his pockets.
He’s happy and won’t be looking back.We are saddled with huge debt and the future is scary.
Some custodian.He spoke with mighty forked tongue.
As it's been said before, Mike Garlick was a businessman first and foremost, a Burnley supporter a long, long distant second.
These 2 users liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin tim_noone

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am

Yea,nothings changed has it? Same old same old......Dyche moaning about no incomings....supporters moaning about no incoming ........just another day in the life of a small town club punching above its weight,just enjoy the ride. :?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:56 am

NewClaret wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:31 am
Pretty simple really:

- Off the pitch they have without doubt moved us forwards.

- On the pitch, we’ve seen a marginal improvement but not enough to say more than sideways at the moment. With 30 days in the transfer window to go, we’ll have to wait and see.

- Financially we’ve moved backwards albeit folk conveniently overlook there are some advantages to carrying debt.

If in 30 days time we’ve moved forward on the pitch as much as we’ve moved forward off it, that will well outweigh the financial aspect and we can safely say the takeover has moved us forward. If we haven’t, it’s fair to say a sideways move. Since there’s so much of the window to play out, this thread is premature.
What have we improved off the pitch? Genuinely don’t know if I have just missed something.