Why is our away support so poor ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Re: Why is our away support so poor ?

Post by Andreshotboots » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:14 pm

PadihamThickNeck wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:05 pm
Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool
Everton
Leeds
Newcastle
Villa
Leicester

I’d say them 11 will sell out every game, maybe could add Wolves to that list.
No wonder, we' re a bloody good away day for opposing fans.

Decent priced tickets, good train access, motorway minutes away, huge amounts of free street parking around the stadium, cricket club which welcomes away fans right next to the away end, decent beer prices and reasonable food, and a chance of a positive result.

All these factors would make me want to jump at the chance to visit the Turf as an away fan..

Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:51 pm
I think it’s a combination of things. Yes the Premier League can be boring at times especially away from home where we are scrapping for every point. You have got to remember that in the Championship so we have been close to or top of the league in recent years so as someone said earlier fans will come out then to watch a winning team. Also I think the people who are still nervous about Covid may be deciding to give away games a miss this season as they perhaps don’t want beer monsters getting too close or falling all over them like at Villa two seasons ago. At least at home they know where they will be seated and who will be around them if they are season ticket holders.
Personally I used to like travelling away in the Championship more than I do in the Premier League, however it did depend on which teams were in the Championship with us. Days out in Derby, Nottingham, Sheffield, and other former big clubs were enjoyable when travelling by train and they had decent pubs in the town centres or close to the ground.

You seem to describe these ‘beer monsters’ as idiots ruining it for everyone else, whereas in actual fact they’re probably the ones who go to the majority of away games and without them, some of our attendances could be extremely low

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Apart from the 4th division days....its always been p!ss poor bar the odd pay on the gate games of interest/ importance.... the Points system is also a load of old tosh.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:50 am

Having to stand due to persistent standing by fans in front of us.Despite asking for front row tickets on health grounds.It has become too much hassle and not always successful
We will go to Brentford as it near by and ditto Watford.Possibly a weekend in Norwich
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:22 am

most of the teams in the PL are city clubs, if they don't fill our away end then it's poor and I include Norwich in that too. We do ok considering the size of our town
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Leisure
Been Liked: 3772 times
Has Liked: 12364 times

Post by Leisure » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am

box_of_frogs wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:06 pm
Possibly on Leisure’s coach (other ways are available)!?
Sounds like you've never traveled with Accy Clarets!

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:02 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:50 am
Having to stand due to persistent standing by fans in front of us.Despite asking for front row tickets on health grounds.It has become too much hassle and not always successful
We will go to Brentford as it near by and ditto Watford.Possibly a weekend in Norwich
Be Honest.....1.Logistics. your on the southern circuit. I'm sure fans stand at the 3 grounds you mentioned? 2. Your getting on a bit now and like a good moan... As For going to Brentford I'm sure the Tickets will be like gold Dust. No fan can be sure of getting one.btw I like a good moan also.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:14 am

I would imagine that since everyone 'made arrangements' during covid, that they have a means of watching from home or similar now.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:36 am

rufus lumley wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm
After a great few days with a lot of positivity around do you start a negative post PTN ????
It’s because he’s a Burnley fan. We do that kind of thing to keep ourselves miserable.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:43 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:30 pm
Whilst that is true for you and many fans (including myself), in theory at least, as some fans get older, have families etc there should be younger fans getting to the age of going to away games to replace them.

Are younger fans less interested in going to away games as they have grown up on the streaming age?
I'd guess that's part of it, also the cost compared to disposable income for younger fans compared to years gone by.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 2693 times

Post by fatboy47 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:56 am

I hitch hiked to pretty much every away game in the 73/4 division one season... Often overnight Friday via the Tickled Trout intersection on the M6.

I was young.. It was fun and exciting..no fannying about with tickets..good chance of winning..cheap..and the craic was great as was the football..and it was usually easy to blag onto a Central Motors coach for the trip back.

Over the years the fun has been just about drained from the whole thing...the last straw for me being unable to celebrate a goal until you've waited for VAR checks.

I'm on the point of leaving it to the chattering classes...its becoming soulless.
These 3 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret cockneyclaret Quicknick

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:49 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am
Sounds like you've never traveled with Accy Clarets!
Nope! Sorry (including the outrageous remarks!) :lol:

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:59 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:49 pm
Nope! Sorry (including the outrageous remarks!) :lol:
The Vicar who travels with us was mortified to be classed as a Neanderthal!

Jamesy
Been Liked: 780 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by Jamesy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Tuddybfc wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:05 pm
You seem to describe these ‘beer monsters’ as idiots ruining it for everyone else, whereas in actual fact they’re probably the ones who go to the majority of away games and without them, some of our attendances could be extremely low
Cannot recollect calling them “idiots”, or for that matter ruining it for everyone else? Please don’t put words into my mouth.
In my experience of attending many away games these very drunk or coked up fans often push their way onto the same rows as their drunken or coked up mates and can get uncomfortably close to other supporters around them. Then when we score they often fall onto supporters in front or around them. Or they spend the entire match gesticulating at the home fans. This was why I used the Villa game as an example of this. Some of our careful fans may not feel happy getting too close to these supporters in light of Covid 19. This was my point just in case you missed it.

box_of_frogs

Post by box_of_frogs » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:59 pm
The Vicar who travels with us was mortified to be classed as a Neanderthal!
He might be the ringleader.
This user liked this post: Leisure

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 816 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:12 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:21 pm
Why did you have to make reference to illegal workers?
Because he’s Jakubclaret 🤷🤷🤷🤷

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:51 am

He does have a weird fascination with illegal workers.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 am

Personally going to more away matches now since my eldest is now old enough to come with me and loves going to the different grounds. Covid has taught me not to take these opportunities for granted and to take them when you can. But I'll add one reason to the mix...

The ticketing website is awful. Every time I try to buy a ticket for me/my son (admittedly on iphone) it comes up with an error message saying that I can't buy two tickets without giving me the option to assign one to him first. Then it asks me to update my details, despite them all being complete, and I have to change something in them to get past that screen, and when I've done that it takes me to another random screen that has no basket/check out. So I have to go through the same process of selecting them again, error message, allocate one to son, then next time around it doesn't do the customer details step and takes me to checkout... only sometimes I add my card details, tick the T&C's and it still throws out an error.

In all, to buy Everton tickets I had to try three times. Took about 20 minutes, when you can buy things in 2 seconds on Amazon. Really needs some work.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:18 am

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 am
Personally going to more away matches now since my eldest is now old enough to come with me and loves going to the different grounds. Covid has taught me not to take these opportunities for granted and to take them when you can. But I'll add one reason to the mix...

The ticketing website is awful. Every time I try to buy a ticket for me/my son (admittedly on iphone) it comes up with an error message saying that I can't buy two tickets without giving me the option to assign one to him first. Then it asks me to update my details, despite them all being complete, and I have to change something in them to get past that screen, and when I've done that it takes me to another random screen that has no basket/check out. So I have to go through the same process of selecting them again, error message, allocate one to son, then next time around it doesn't do the customer details step and takes me to checkout... only sometimes I add my card details, tick the T&C's and it still throws out an error.

In all, to buy Everton tickets I had to try three times. Took about 20 minutes, when you can buy things in 2 seconds on Amazon. Really needs some work.
Hence why I do it on the PC NC and not my phone ... yes BFC's ticketing site isn't brilliant for mobile phones

Thejkr
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Thejkr » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 pm

NewClaret wrote:

Exact same for me on my iPad. Have reported it to club but doesn't seem to have changed. Works first time on Android phone so sure it is something to do with Apple products
This user liked this post: NewClaret

Jamesy
Been Liked: 780 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by Jamesy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Thejkr wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 pm
Exact same for me on my iPad. Have reported it to club but doesn't seem to have changed. Works first time on Android phone so sure it is something to do with Apple products
Same with online shop. I dunno if situation has improved with shop website as I simply stopped buying stuff. Too much hassle.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:20 pm

Thejkr wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:11 pm
Thank goodness it’s not just me. Can only imagine they don’t test the site on Apple products or it would never have been released. Seems quite odd though, given so many of us have them!

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:51 pm
Same with online shop. I dunno if situation has improved with shop website as I simply stopped buying stuff. Too much hassle.
Tested my patience pretty hard.
This user liked this post: Jamesy

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:22 pm

The biggest killer is TV games ,

Daft KO times made worse on Sundays ( poor poor day for football )

The hassle getting tickets , the website can be appealing beyond belief

The total lack of spontaneously going to games /getting tickets in groups and jumping on the train .

The covid factor probs out a good 10% off

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:01 pm

NewClaret wrote:

I've forwarded this onto the SLO for her information.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:34 pm

Leisure wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:01 pm
I've forwarded this onto the SLO for her information.
Thanks Leisure, appreciated.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 pm

NottsClaret wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:34 pm
It's never been about what division you're in so much for away fans, the big numbers turn up when there's a promotion push / relegation battle towards the end of the season. You'll always take more to Barnsley or Doncaster in April if you're in the promotion hunt in any division than to Anfield trying to grab a point in the Prem.
Very much this.

But I will add that I don't think our younger generation are bothered for it, there's so much for them to stay at home nowadays.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:17 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 pm
Very much this.

But I will add that I don't think our younger generation are bothered for it, there's so much for them to stay at home nowadays.
Yep, this.

I would spend all week at school waiting for the weekend, knowing there was an away day at the end of it.

Getting the coach with Colne Clarets, stopping off en route and trying to order a crafty beer, flicking some v’s at other kids my age when we approached the ground. All to see us get beat because we would only ever win about 3/4 away games a season.

Lived for it.
These 2 users liked this post: Bin Ont Turf Bosscat

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:22 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:17 pm
Yep, this.

I would spend all week at school waiting for the weekend, knowing there was an away day at the end of it.

Getting the coach with Colne Clarets, stopping off en route and trying to order a crafty beer, flicking some v’s at other kids my age when we approached the ground. All to see us get beat because we would only ever win about 3/4 away games a season.

Lived for it.
It's always been about the day out as much as the match.

Even more so about the day out at times.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:49 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:22 pm
It's always been about the day out as much as the match.

Even more so about the day out at times.
Always look back on most away days thinking how the 90 minutes of a shocking display spoilt a great days drinking session!
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:35 am

The best thing that could happen to top flight football is half empty stadiums. It's long past time to bring the price of entry down, player wages down, agent fees down and transfer fees down. Unsustainable
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick Woodleyclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:56 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:01 pm
We had in the lead up to the start of the season quite a few people saying it was impossible to get tickets and the whole way we sold away tickets and the loyalty points system needed changing so they could attend.

Just as the previous season when away fans were allowed, you can get a ticket for just about any away game you want but they ignore all this and say the system is against them. It used to be that people couldn't take their kids on because the family stand was full and there wasn't 2 seats together for games, there are loads of seats together for every home game in there but a lack of people now needing them.
What lol?
Calm down, getting yourself all worked up over nothing

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:29 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:04 pm
Very much this.

You are quite possibly correct with that, however teams who visit Turf Moor still seem to bring as many fans as they always have done.
Granted the bigger clubs will always sell their 2,400 allocation for the Cricket Field Stand but I've not noticed any of the other clubs bringing fewer fans.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:51 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:56 am
What lol?
Calm down, getting yourself all worked up over nothing

Morning kid, good to see you up and about.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:05 am

Targetman wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:29 am
You are quite possibly correct with that, however teams who visit Turf Moor still seem to bring as many fans as they always have done.
Granted the bigger clubs will always sell their 2,400 allocation for the Cricket Field Stand but I've not noticed any of the other clubs bringing fewer fans.
I suspect a big a reason is down the local economy of Burnley. How many 18-25 year olds can afford to travel away nowadays.

box_of_frogs

Post by box_of_frogs » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:07 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:35 am
The best thing that could happen to top flight football is half empty stadiums. It's long past time to bring the price of entry down, player wages down, agent fees down and transfer fees down. Unsustainable
That’ll only work if it’s the top 6 sides with half empty stadiums. Unfortunately can’t see that happening.

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 am

Away days were something to really look forward to , big day /night out with mates , big session before the match ,the journey down etc , always had an edge knowing there’d be 1000’s of Burnley fans on coaches /trains /cars etc . I imagine many of the 15-25’s have never really experienced the buzz and away days just feel like hard work .Also the spontaneity is totally lost .

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3845 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:10 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:15 am
Away days were something to really look forward to , big day /night out with mates , big session before the match ,the journey down etc , always had an edge knowing there’d be 1000’s of Burnley fans on coaches /trains /cars etc . I imagine many of the 15-25’s have never really experienced the buzz and away days just feel like hard work .Also the spontaneity is totally lost .
It probably makes a difference playing in these big cities. As much as I love them, as soon as you step outside the train station 500 Clarets just merge into big crowds and dive into hundreds of different pubs. You wouldn't know we were there.
But when you went to the small towns that 500 would have to head to the same pub. The fans that went in cars would have to drive the same route etc..

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:12 am

I would go more if it was sit/stand where you want.
Or at least being able to select a ticket where I can stand and joing in making a atmosphere.
Given up of getting a ticket to just be sat in silence with an occasional clap or mubble of "come on Burnley"

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8431 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:20 am

cockneyclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:12 am
I would go more if it was sit/stand where you want.
Or at least being able to select a ticket where I can stand and joing in making a atmosphere.
Given up of getting a ticket to just be sat in silence with an occasional clap or mubble of "come on Burnley"
Mubble ... Do they all have their underpants on their heads and pencils suck up their noses
20210906_091939.gif
20210906_091939.gif (60.5 KiB) Viewed 3200 times

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:49 am

Bosscat wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:20 am
Mubble ... Do they all have their underpants on their heads and pencils suck up their noses
20210906_091939.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PadihamThickNeck
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by PadihamThickNeck » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Taking an allocation of 1500 for Man City away brings this post back up. It’s embarrassing.

Our closest away game, easily accessible by bus/train. 3pm kick off what’s the excuses ? Yeah we are gunna get a hiding but still…

The novelty has well and truely worn off and something needs to be done ASAP. Just goes to show the size of the club and the fan base isn’t actually that big. We have a hardcore core of around 12/13k the rest are just cling ons.

Looking forward to City Saturday, more the day out than the football tbh.

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:02 pm

PadihamThickNeck wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Taking an allocation of 1500 for Man City away brings this post back up. It’s embarrassing.

Our closest away game, easily accessible by bus/train. 3pm kick off what’s the excuses ? Yeah we are gunna get a hiding but still…

The novelty has well and truely worn off and something needs to be done ASAP. Just goes to show the size of the club and the fan base isn’t actually that big. We have a hardcore core of around 12/13k the rest are just cling ons.

Looking forward to City Saturday, more the day out than the football tbh.
Rightly or wrongly I suspect there is a feeling out there that Dyche writes this fixture off in the way he has cup games. Those five nil defeats in recent games doesn’t really have you chomping at the bit for a ticket to be honest.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:03 pm

City away - The attraction of going to football is to see a competitive competition- when owners use money to virtually take away the competitive element, it becomes less interesting.

PadihamThickNeck
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by PadihamThickNeck » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:03 pm
City away - The attraction of going to football is to see a competitive competition- when owners use money to virtually take away the competitive element, it becomes less interesting.
The attraction of going to football is also playing the champions of England, visiting world class stadiums and witnessing live some of the worlds best players, albeit not for your team.

CBT
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by CBT » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:10 pm

Yet a couple of years ago in FA cup we took around 4k wasn't it?
Prices were £10 so that tells me the cost is the biggest factor

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:14 pm

RMutt wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:02 pm
Rightly or wrongly I suspect there is a feeling out there that Dyche writes this fixture off in the way he has cup games. Those five nil defeats in recent games doesn’t really have you chomping at the bit for a ticket to be honest.
Which cup games are you referring to?

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:14 pm
Which cup games are you referring to?
Crikey, where do I begin. I’d say almost all the early round League Cup games since he arrived. FA cup perhaps not as bad but I still seem to recall some early rounds where squad players were given a run out. I still don’t think he really went after the Europa League like he could have done. I’ve got a Spurs ticket in the League Cup because we seem to have accidentally got through, haha.

AlargeClaret

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Sadly our away support has been dwindling but by bit since we’ve been ( back) in the prem . There’s many reasons but the whole “ away day” culture just doesn’t exist like it used to .
1. The terrible BFC ( utter disgrace ) ticketing website,made ever worse by stopping selling tickets early every away match
2. The above totally kills the spontaneity and good as kills going with group of mates on the hoof.
3. Prices- the cost for young lads tends to stop them getting the bug.
4. The death of the “away day” culture . small-large groups making a day/night out of a game ,train/ mini bus/coach etc . An away day had a real “ event “ feel. The whole corporate /plastic vibe has almost neutered it due to tickets making planning bloody hard .
5. SKY/streams/daft ko times . It’s often far easier to think “ oh it’s on sky/bt or ill watch my streaming service “

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:29 pm

PadihamThickNeck wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 pm
The attraction of going to football is also playing the champions of England, visiting world class stadiums and witnessing live some of the worlds best players, albeit not for your team.
Wouldn’t disagree - there’s a number of factors to consider when deciding whether to attend or not. For me I’d rather watch us away at Brentford or Norwich than at City. I’ll go to both though!