Simple question for all those who want Sean Dyche to go

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: Simple question for all those who want Sean Dyche to go

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:41 am

box_of_frogs wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:09 am
No one is irreplaceable. Not to say that I know who I’d replace him with.
It seems to be the wider view in football that he is irreplaceable for us and is the glue that binds everything together.

He goes and it comes crashing down like a house of cards.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 am

Don’t want to see him go. As to who replaces him IF he did go I’d have said Jose Bordalas from Getafe who plays a similar way to Dyche but I think he’s just taken over at Valencia. Next on the list would be Chris Wilder.

diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

Post by diamondpocket » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:46 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 pm
its not blind loyalty, its seeing my team playing at this level and it is entirely due to sean dyche.
I was there in the dark days and it was woeful. He arrived and gave us what we all wanted, and he maintained those standards for the best part of a decade. If you only see that as blind loyalty, then I pity your life as a supporter of this club.
what are you blabbering on about? THE DARK DAYS BEFORE HE CAME - what when Howe & Laws were here. Mid table Championship side not doing much. Not exactly dark days, pal. Maybe Orient / 4th division but not before he arrived. We had been in The Prem for the first time only a few years before he came.
Stop bloody exaggerating stuff

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 am

I'd go and get Potter from Brighton. He is slowly building and evolving them with a good style of play. They have only missed a real goalscorer or else they'd have been far way higher up the table last year. Has had lots of positive coaching & managerial experience too with some degree of success.
If not him then someone with these characteristics.

BigChaCha
Been Liked: 253 times

Post by BigChaCha » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 am

There have been several times during Dyche's tenure when a small handful of posters have foolishly called for his head only to be proven wrong time and time again.
Or you could argue that they are right because it's like groundhog day every season with the exact same issues!...

... At the end of the day, the proof of the pudding is in the fans that turn up and the fans are voting with their feet! If we don't start to become more flexible in tactics and start to play something that resembles football then it will only get worse with even more empty seats.

My 15-year-old son stopped us going on when he said we had become really boring and I couldn't really argue with him. There is so much choice these days to spend your money on a Saturday and many are far more enjoyable than sitting watching Dycheball on a freezing cold January day.

If the fans attending keep dropping off, then SD will be a goner, it's as simple as that.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 am

Targetman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:08 am
Some of the things that I've read on here tonight are just crazy.
If Sean Dyche left tomorrow and a short list was then drawn up to replace him would the eventual replacement who was selected come from one of our regular posters of this message board?

What would you think if it was one of the regular posters from this message board who was given the manager's job at Burnley? You would be astounded that Alan Pace had made such a ludicrous decision.

Yet would it be such a bizaare appointment because we have many people who post on here who seem to think that they know much more about football management, tactics, players etc etc than our current boss Sean Dyche?
Even more bizaarely some of these "know it all posters" don't even go to games but do see the team play now and then on tv or on illegal streams.

You are all in the wrong jobs guys, just think of all the money you could be earning as a Premier League boss.
Whenever the next vacant managers position arises why not send in your cv's, oh and don't forget to come back on here and tell us how the interview went!
Not as crazy as your idiotic post.

So people can only comment and form an opinion on matters directly related to the job the currently do.

Pub conversations with sparkies talking about electric, chippies wood and decorators paint…..thrilling.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 am

diamondpocket wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 am
I'd go and get Potter from Brighton. He is slowly building and evolving them with a good style of play. They have only missed a real goalscorer or else they'd have been far way higher up the table last year. Has had lots of positive coaching & managerial experience too with some degree of success.
We'd have no chance of getting him while he's at Brighton

taio

Post by taio » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 am

BigChaCha wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 am
Or you could argue that they are right because it's like groundhog day every season with the exact same issues!...

... At the end of the day, the proof of the pudding is in the fans that turn up and the fans are voting with their feet! If we don't start to become more flexible in tactics and start to play something that resembles football then it will only get worse with even more empty seats.

My 15-year-old son stopped us going on when he said we had become really boring and I couldn't really argue with him. There is so much choice these days to spend your money on a Saturday and many are far more enjoyable than sitting watching Dycheball on a freezing cold January day.

If the fans attending keep dropping off, then SD will be a goner, it's as simple as that.
I agree for some people it's better from them to spend their money on other things.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 am

Personally I think his time is running out, the football is hoof ball boring Zzz, one dimensional tactics, no plan B, sticks to the same formation all the time, sticks to the same player's all the time, how he picks Barnes over Vydra especially after last season is mind blowing, Vydra made Wood a 100% better player playing along side him,wood played and scored goals in a way I didn't think was possible for him when partnering Vydra.

I believe a lot of us think Dyche is better than he really is and he's not, to all the people who think Dyche is still the man ask yourself this after performing miracle's at little old Burnley keeping us in the premier league with the lowest budget of any club year on year and even taking us to Europe why after almost ten years has no other chairman come in for for him ??? Maybe he's at the top of his level here and couldn't manage another top flight club, I don't think Dyche would get another Premier league job after this because he's to dated and to stubborn.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 am

I believe a lot of us think Dyche is better than he really is and he's not, to all the people who think Dyche is still the man ask yourself this after performing miracle's at little old Burnley keeping us in the premier league with the lowest budget of any club year on year and even taking us to Europe why after almost ten years has no other chairman come in for for him ??? Maybe he's at the top of his level here and couldn't manage another top flight club, I don't think Dyche would get another Premier league job after this because he's to dated and to stubborn.
But if he's not as good as you think he is then surely any club that gets promoted to the Prem should be able to avoid relegation, season after season.

It must be fairly easy to do that if managers don't have to be as good as SD.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:36 pm
Who has signed all these players? Has it got to a point that his signings are so bad that we can't risk another manager managing them and we must continue as we are? Is that what you are really saying? That is pure insanity. Virtually unsackable because his signings are bad and only he can get the best out of them. Wow.
Another manager may at least change the system to get the best out of the current players. Unleash the shackles some seem to be playing with.

If we lost the next 10 games where would you stand? Same squad..same principle applies. At some point enough will be enough. It may not be just yet but slowly but surely...

4 in 24. Worst home run in our history....The mood is turning.
Of course SD isn't unsackable, but we're only 4 games into the season. obviously if we lose the next 10 (which we won't) then naturally SD will have reached the end of his tenure, but let's not react too hastily, we started slowly last season, and also in the 18/19 campaign, however on both occasions we achieved our main goal of PL survival.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 am
But if he's not as good as you think he is then surely any club that gets promoted to the Prem should be able to avoid relegation, season after season.

It must be fairly easy to do that if managers don't have to be as good as SD.
The gap between the two league's is miles bigger now than what it was when we first come up and its getting bigger and bigger each season

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 am

tiger76 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 pm
Who's on your shortlist to succeed him, and what's your reasons for them to be given the BFC gig. sensible replies only please.
I in no way think Dyche should go and think if he was to go it would spell the end for us in this division however you question isnt a simple one. How the hell should a supporter have any idea on who would be a good replacement.

Would anyone on here have suggested Dyche when Howe left? Would anyone have suggested Moyes as a good manager to replace Dyche two seasons ago?

Its fair to ask them how they would expect us to continue to stay in this division and even improve if we lose all the leadership qualities Dyche brings and the amazing togetherness and work ethic he instils.

In my opinion the "if you want rid of him then who youre gonna replace him with" attitude is a bit childlike and doesnt give much space for a good discussion on the subject

Blatherwickstattoo
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by Blatherwickstattoo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:09 am

We are fans. It’s not up to us to decide. I’d like to think Alan pace has a list of candidates that would be able to take us to the next level of hes as hungry as he says he is then I’m sure he has. That said I think he’s going to back Dyche and expect results.

taio

Post by taio » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:13 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:34 am
Well not one single person has provided a short list/new manager and that's not even a shock.

They've plenty to say when it comes to whinging but naff all when it comes to fixing the perceived problems.
I would be vehemently against Dyche getting the sack. But for those who do want that it's irrelevant whether they can name a replacement. And even if they did others would disagree when their central point is they want a change. I remember people suggesting Moyes when he was available and you suggested he was finished as a manager.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:13 am

taio wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 am
We'd have no chance of getting him while he's at Brighton
Maybe not but seeing as the question on the topic was this. Everyone has a price and can be lured though. If anyone can ALAN can!

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 am

In the calendar year of 2021 it reads

Played 27 won 6 league games
1 out of those 6 wins is at home, 1 win at home in almost 9 month's........it needs changing it's gone flat

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:25 am

This from Devil's Advocate.

"I in no way think Dyche should go and think if he was to go it would spell the end for us in this division however you question isnt a simple one. How the hell should a supporter have any idea on who would be a good replacement."

Absolutely spot on. Dyche is the only manager who could keep this squad in the PL this season. He uses what he has to maximum effect and so far this season, we have been in winning positions in three of four games. He will know, as we all do, that we are not strong enough to go the full 90 minutes without caving in and will no doubt be working on that. It's very early days but, if we were to go down, I'd want him to stay and would fancy him to get us straight back up.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1393 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:27 am

diamondpocket wrote:
I'd go and get Potter from Brighton...
Not a specific dig, I've just taken your post as an example.

The reality is that we can't 'go and get' a top level alternative, as the same problem which has us struggling to attract the better/upper-level players, would apply equally to Managers: Despite our years in the EPL, Burnley are not perceived as a top-level team, nor even as a 'trendy' one, so given an alternative, t.here's more kudos for the established players and managers to ply their trade elsewhere.

Were SD to leave our options (as with players) would be a not quite top drawer but possibly promising youngster, or a seen it all, but past his best manager in search of a chance to resurrect his glory days, but ultimately prepared to settle for a few more years on a decent salary.

In just the same way as we have Chris Wood rather than Harry Kane up-front, Sean Dyche is as good as we're likely to attract, so we need to accept his shortcomings, try our best to work around/offset them and get on with doing the best we can. On the up side, i perceive that our performances during much of last season and the beginning of this one will ensure (for the moment at least) that nobody's likely to be trying to poach SD in an effort to recover from their own disappointing starts to the season.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 221 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am

As usual moaners after a couple of defeats that will slink away once we have a few wins, those moaning want to look at the next club we play when you talk about removing a long standing hero.

Dinks
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 127 times

Post by Dinks » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:38 am

diamondpocket wrote:
What a suggestion,why on earth would Potter leave the magnificent surroundings of Brighton and probably the best club in the Premier league with definitely the best and most knowledgeable supporters in the land for Burnley,come on man get real.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:39 am

Sean dyche has to be the man.

We’re not playing that well, most of our players aren’t quite good enough for this level, but I’m absolutely convinced there isn’t a manager in the football league ANYWHERE that could keep this group of players in the premier league.

So now I have established where I am regarding SD, let me say something else. His methods and tactics are tired, as his insistence on selecting the “old guard” ahead of players that have now PROVED they bring more to the party at this level than his “favourites”. Vydra must be absolutely spewing after what he showed in the second half of last season. There was SO much more going on up top than “buying” fouls on the edge of the box. Seems to me SD was waiting for any excuse to get back to his normal team and style and he found it with Vyds being away for the summer and in need of a longer pre-season.

SD is the best man for the job, absolutely he is, but he’s not beyond criticism. When he gets a little well deserved stick, (when he refuses to acknowledge the changes made by the opposition has them dominating us thru midfield for example) people are ridiculed on here for doing so, called out as “bedwetters”. That’s unfair, and is as far wide of the mark in the one direction as people calling for his head is in the other direction.

Those calling him out as being stubborn absolutely have a valid point, he IS stubborn, but I suppose he has to be as only he knows what the game plan is. There’s 18,000 of us that “know” better, and most are vocal on here but those who are happy with him despite the manner of the recent defeats think that he needs to develop himself as well as developing the team as individuals because we only seem to have one way of playing. I think his absolute refusal to accept there is life beyond Barnes is wearing people down because it seems he’s the only person on the turf that CANT see it. I’m not having that he doesn’t know, he’s a smart fella and knows a damn sight more about football than any of us, so we assume he WONT see it.

People (ones in have spoken to at least) aren’t confident about the new signings either, because although we have got them here, getting them onto the pitch seems like a bigger battle than fighting the transfer window. Alarmingly, there’s also a language problem to overcome now…. People are seeing that as yet ANOTHER excuse to stick with what he’s got.

As usual on here, we have people calling for his head, and people backing him to the hilt no matter what and neither are willing so entertain any other perspective. The truth will be sat somewhere in the middle….

After all that, He goes nowhere for me…. Losing him with the cards we currently have sees us losing the house on the next hand.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 am
I in no way think Dyche should go and think if he was to go it would spell the end for us in this division however you question isnt a simple one. How the hell should a supporter have any idea on who would be a good replacement.

Would anyone on here have suggested Dyche when Howe left? Would anyone have suggested Moyes as a good manager to replace Dyche two seasons ago?

Its fair to ask them how they would expect us to continue to stay in this division and even improve if we lose all the leadership qualities Dyche brings and the amazing togetherness and work ethic he instils.

In my opinion the "if you want rid of him then who youre gonna replace him with" attitude is a bit childlike and doesnt give much space for a good discussion on the subject
No I fully appreciate it's not a simple question, but a vocal minority seem to think it's simply a case of binning SD and all will be well with the world.

Hence why I posed the obvious question if SD was binned, who comes in to succeed him, and as this thread has shown there's no easy answers.

And clubs which have managerial upheavals rarely fare well, certainly in the short-term anyway, remember it took Coyle and Dyche 6 months before they started getting a decent sustained run of results.

This doesn't mean Sean Dyche and the coaching team are exempt from criticism, and rightly in my view Sean's reluctance to change formations and his lack of being pro-active with subs when it's evident the starting XI is flagging is being discussed, and given we now have genuine options for him to select from he does need to prove that he's the man who can continue to lead us under the Pace regime.

SD has an awful lot of credit in the bank, but that doesn't mean he has limitless time to turn our fortunes around, however 4 games into the new season is far too early to even be considering changing the guard.

I would fully expect Alan Pace will have at least an idea of the type of manager he'd want, if and when Sean Dyche's reign at Burnley finally comes to it's end, but I don't suspect he's anywhere close to the stage of contemplating firing our best manager in a generation, just because we've suffered a few early defeats, performances in all 4 games have been decent, and it's mainly individual errors at the back, and our lack of a killer touch in front of goal that's been the crucial difference.

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 am

Get rid of Dyche, you're still left with the same board, same chairman, same financial restrictions, same lack of attractiveness (compared to more "glamorous" clubs) to play for "little old unfashionable Burnley."

Be careful what you wish for before you call for the head of Burnley Football Club's most successful manager in the last 50 odd years.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat tiger76

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 854 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:59 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:31 pm
Exactly, some people are just p*ssed off tonight with the 6 minute capitulation & now some people are just making a drama & exaggerating that a massive problem exists, people will come round & realise Sean’s a good egg & it’ll sort itself out it always does.
I think that most of the posters clamouring for Sean to be sacked, are closet Deadwood fans. There are quite a few on here purporting to be Clarets who clearly aren't.

That said, it's also clear that Sean's ability to change formation in response to the opposition's changes, is not his greatest asset. Maybe that's another reason that big clubs don't come after him?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:08 am

bobinho wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:39 am
Sean dyche has to be the man.

We’re not playing that well, most of our players aren’t quite good enough for this level, but I’m absolutely convinced there isn’t a manager in the football league ANYWHERE that could keep this group of players in the premier league.

So now I have established where I am regarding SD, let me say something else. His methods and tactics are tired, as his insistence on selecting the “old guard” ahead of players that have now PROVED they bring more to the party at this level than his “favourites”. Vydra must be absolutely spewing after what he showed in the second half of last season. There was SO much more going on up top than “buying” fouls on the edge of the box. Seems to me SD was waiting for any excuse to get back to his normal team and style and he found it with Vyds being away for the summer and in need of a longer pre-season.

SD is the best man for the job, absolutely he is, but he’s not beyond criticism. When he gets a little well deserved stick, (when he refuses to acknowledge the changes made by the opposition has them dominating us thru midfield for example) people are ridiculed on here for doing so, called out as “bedwetters”. That’s unfair, and is as far wide of the mark in the one direction as people calling for his head is in the other direction.

Those calling him out as being stubborn absolutely have a valid point, he IS stubborn, but I suppose he has to be as only he knows what the game plan is. There’s 18,000 of us that “know” better, and most are vocal on here but those who are happy with him despite the manner of the recent defeats think that he needs to develop himself as well as developing the team as individuals because we only seem to have one way of playing. I think his absolute refusal to accept there is life beyond Barnes is wearing people down because it seems he’s the only person on the turf that CANT see it. I’m not having that he doesn’t know, he’s a smart fella and knows a damn sight more about football than any of us, so we assume he WONT see it.

People (ones in have spoken to at least) aren’t confident about the new signings either, because although we have got them here, getting them onto the pitch seems like a bigger battle than fighting the transfer window. Alarmingly, there’s also a language problem to overcome now…. People are seeing that as yet ANOTHER excuse to stick with what he’s got.

As usual on here, we have people calling for his head, and people backing him to the hilt no matter what and neither are willing so entertain any other perspective. The truth will be sat somewhere in the middle….

After all that, He goes nowhere for me…. Losing him with the cards we currently have sees us losing the house on the next hand.
An excellent and nuanced post which is roughly my thoughts right now, I certainly don't think we should be getting rid of SD NOW, despite our recent poor form, we've had plenty of periods throughout Sean's lengthy reign where things aren't going well, and so far whenever he's been questioned he's always came up with the answers.

However SD does seem to have a particular blind spot regarding Ashley Barnes, and well I'm very patient even my tolerance is being severely tested by his bizarre decision to continue with the Barnes/Wood combo. when we have Vydra kicking his heels on the bench, and if SD isn't careful it's this blind loyalty to Ash Barnes which MAY ultimately cost him his job, Ash Barnes simply isn't good enough to be a regular at this level anymore, maybe an option off the bench at best, but definitely not a starter, and for some reason SD has completely forgotten our bright spell in the latter half of last season, when Vydra and Wood were paired together up top, we played some nice football, and Vydra at least stretched opposition defences in a way which Barnes can't, and it's no coincidence both McNeil & Wood enjoyed their most productive spells of the entire season during this time.

Well I certainly wouldn't want to lose SD during the season, equally I now have grave doubts over whether he should be given a new long-term contract, and it might be best for all parties if we severed ties next summer, SD has had a great innings in managerial terms, but all good things come to an end. and if he can't or won't utilise his squad then Alan Pace may well have a tough decision to make regarding whether Sean is the man to take us forward.
These 2 users liked this post: Aclaret Woonderbah

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:59 am

That said, it's also clear that Sean's ability to change formation in response to the opposition's changes, is not his greatest asset. Maybe that's another reason that big clubs don't come after him?

Tactical nous and tactical awareness is what the top clubs are looking for in appointing a manager. Being able to work miracles on a shoestring budget is not really a quality that is deemed necessary.
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:39 am
Lost count the amount of times I’ve said this but that isn’t a fans job. A fan sees what is infront of them and pass judgment. How many would have appointed Dyche in 2012? Or Coyle in 2007? It’s a weak argument.
It isn't a fans job to pick a replacement?
We have so many experts though on here who know exactly where Dyche has gone wrong, when he loses the dressing room etc.

Why can't the same experts put forward a replacement?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:18 am

taio wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:13 am
I would be vehemently against Dyche getting the sack. But for those who do want that it's irrelevant whether they can name a replacement. And even if they did others would disagree when their central point is they want a change. I remember people suggesting Moyes when he was available and you suggested he was finished as a manager.
At the time Moyes looked finished and worn out.

He's rejuvenated himself and has spent some serious money at West Ham, after being potted and reappointed.

There's nothing wrong with asking the experts on here for their managerial suggestions.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:27 am

I'm as ****** off as anyone about last night, and I do believe Sean needs to be a bit more flexible with his formations and also needs to get Cork and Vydra back in. BUT

If you look at our squad and budget compared to others, the guy has worked MIRACLES over the last 8 years or so. And although some think he might be a busted flush, he also has 8 years of managerial experience and 6 years in the prem under his belt, so by definition, he is a more rounded individual than when he first came.

We've been down this road before and we sorted it. I do believe the fans have a massive part to play in all this...starting Saturday
These 3 users liked this post: tiger76 GodIsADeeJay81 Bosscat

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:33 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:09 am
Tactical nous and tactical awareness is what the top clubs are looking for in appointing a manager. Being able to work miracles on a shoestring budget is not really a quality that is deemed necessary.
I never said it was. It seems that you agree with my assessment?

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:46 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 am
It isn't a fans job to pick a replacement?
We have so many experts though on here who know exactly where Dyche has gone wrong, when he loses the dressing room etc.

Why can't the same experts put forward a replacement?
No it’s not a fans job to pick a replacement. Do you think otherwise?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:47 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:46 am
No it’s not a fans job to pick a replacement. Do you think otherwise?
They're being asked for an opinion, they're normally very quick to put one forward every other time, so why not now?
It's the job of the club to select his replacement whenever he goes.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:47 am
They're being asked for an opinion, they're normally very quick to put one forward every other time, so why not now?
It's the job of the club to select his replacement whenever he goes.
Because it is irrelevant as has been mentioned further up. Feeling that Dyche has had his time and picking a replacement are two different things.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:52 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 am
Because it is irrelevant as has been mentioned further up. Feeling that Dyche has had his time and picking a replacement are two different things.
So does this mean we can now consider all the whinging to be irrelevant at the start of every single season if they're not going to make suggestions on who should replace the man they want sacking?

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4045 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:04 am

BigChaCha wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:56 am
One of those issues being that he keeps us in the Premier League season on season.

Like someone mentioned, careful what you wish for.
These 3 users liked this post: tiger76 Bosscat Greenmile

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:05 am

I wouldn't mind Jose Mourinho.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 am

The club seems to have become structured around how many times Dyche can draw his staying up bonus package and not a lot else. Money always distorts in the end.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:18 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:52 am
So does this mean we can now consider all the whinging to be irrelevant at the start of every single season if they're not going to make suggestions on who should replace the man they want sacking?
I think there are probably only very few posters that actually want Dyche gone.

However if we are looking at alternatives the list is relatively small. The first point being who would want to sign for Burnley, then who would want to follow the most successful manager we have had, then which manager do we feel suits us best.

I would suggest that currently leaves Wilder, Allardyce and Howe as options.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:20 am

MT03ALG wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:09 am
Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.
Perhaps they differed from each other with their opinions but complemented each other. Neither undermined the other.
They very famously fell out, but up to then Clough expected Taylor to do as he was told. Nobody told Clough he had to work with Peter Taylor. Dyche has picked his assistant IW. To IMPOSE an assistant on Dyche is to undermine his authority.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:59 am
I think that most of the posters clamouring for Sean to be sacked, are closet Deadwood fans. There are quite a few on here purporting to be Clarets who clearly aren't.

I’m not sure, we are so porous we desperately needed a good CM above anything else in the transfer window & for me that’s where so many of the problems stems from, we have no grip or containment in the middle & get flooded far too easily.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 am

Sean needs another Micky Duff moment.
Something has to change. I don't think its the line up, or formation that needs to change, but our lack of pro activity with substitutes is killing us. Fresh legs, swapping a forward for an extra midfielder, swapping a winger for a 3rd centre back.
The like for like changes, sticking to 442, when we are leading, but tiring badly, has cost us 8 pts.

As for getting rid of Dyche, it would be madness. He IS the glue that keeps this team performing above its level, and without him it could well be a car crash outcome. Sean just needs to be more pragmatic, because every other team will have watched and learned our weakness after the hour mark

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 189 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 am

I don’t want him to go anywhere said many times best burnley manager I’ve seen be carefull what you wish for in dyche I trust uptheclarets from a proud claret

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am
I’m not sure, we are so porous we desperately needed a good CM above anything else in the transfer window & for me that’s where so many of the problems stems from, we have no grip or containment in the middle & get flooded far too easily.
Given the speculation during the window, it's pretty clear we tried to get one. It's not that easy though. Do we need a defensive midfielder like Marney, or an attacking midfielder like Kevin Phillips, who we tried to sign from Leeds before he got his England caps?

To be fair, we were well in last night's game until that Townsend stunner. Taylor even did the right thing, turning him inside, but no-one expected him to score from there.

As Sean says, "It's the details and we're not far off." None of our window signings have played yet, so it's unfair to be too critical. Let's see what Cornet brings before we rush to judgement, and maybe Roberts as well.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2876 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:42 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:24 am
I’m pretty sure SD is aware of the problem, especially through the left midfield but addressing it is not as easy as replacing one player…. The left is also our main attacking threat, it is not just a question of shoring up the left; more how to stiffen that area without further disturbing the teams balance and further undermining our threat going forward… something no one wants.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 313 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:44 am

Like playing Hart for half a season when it clearly wasn't working

Sticking to 4-4-2 when its not working

Stubbornness is not a good quality when its not working

Allardyce has a plan B, a leftfield suggestion would be Klinnsmann but it might be a difficult gig for him, see how Viera does this season, Palace have got bored of their one dimensional approach and made a positive change, I don't think it is out of the realms of possibillity another manager could keep this team up playing better football than we are now.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:45 am

We need signings for Plan B not Plan A back ups. People mourn about subs too late. Vydra aside what is the point? What can J Rod offer that Wood/Barnes can’t. Andre Gray was available this summer. Not ideal, hasn’t done much for 2/3 years but neither have Barnes/J Rod and he’d have completely transformed our options up top.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:49 am

Gordaleman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am
Given the speculation during the window, it's pretty clear we tried to get one. It's not that easy though. Do we need a defensive midfielder like Marney, or an attacking midfielder like Kevin Phillips, who we tried to sign from Leeds before he got his England caps?

To be fair, we were well in last night's game until that Townsend stunner. Taylor even did the right thing, turning him inside, but no-one expected him to score from there.

As Sean says, "It's the details and we're not far off." None of our window signings have played yet, so it's unfair to be too critical. Let's see what Cornet brings before we rush to judgement, and maybe Roberts as well.
If you actually look at our results, we'd normally expect to lose at Everton & Liverpool.

Draw against Leeds is a solid enough point, so it's really only the Brighton match which can be classed as a disappointing return, and similar to Southampton last season they've started the campaign strongly.

We'll have more of an idea where we're at once we've played a few more of the sides around us, such as Arsenal & Norwich, pick up 4 or 6 points in those 2 games, and the table will look much healthier.

I think the frustration stems from the fact we've taken the lead in 3 of our 4 matches, yet we've only emerged with 1 point, but like you I don't our 1st win is far away, and once we get those first 3 points on the board we'll hopefully kick on, as we did last season after a sluggish start.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:09 pm

If we have not got the money or attraction to turn the style of play at the football club and we want a similar manager to SD then an ideal replacement whether you like him or not would be Steve Bruce, a underrated manager who gets the best out of what he has, at times under severe pressure.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:10 pm

I dont think SD should go, as its times like these we dont appreciate that we have a basic team for the PL and he has often got the very best out of them. For me he is stubborn and loyal to certain old heads ie Barnes. But what amazes me is when he picks the team. Does he say to Stone and Woan "do you think Barnesy should start?" and they both say emphatically "yes". If so they are yes men. If Potter, Bruce, or Hassunhuttl managed us, would Barnes be starting. I think we all know the answer