Is a CM a must in January

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Re: Is a CM a must in January

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:14 pm
Played well against Newcastle in cup game. I think everyone knows that Collins is better than Long.
To be fair long was getting selected ahead of Collins for Republic of Ireland. However I do agree he looked decent against Newcastle.

It’s also worth noting that Collins looks to be a really good talent but he has barely played any professional football. What is it 40 odd league games in his career? I would think Dyche would select Long over Collins for this season until he gets bedded in.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:48 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:24 pm
To be fair long was getting selected ahead of Collins for Republic of Ireland. However I do agree he looked decent against Newcastle.

It’s also worth noting that Collins looks to be a really good talent but he has barely played any professional football. What is it 40 odd league games in his career? I would think Dyche would select Long over Collins for this season until he gets bedded in.
Chris Smalling made 16 PL appearances in his first season at Utd after just 19 professional games at Fulham.

If Collins is good enough, which we all assume he is, then he will get picked over Long, simply because he's the future replacement for Tarks, Long is just the bench warmer.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:58 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:48 pm
Chris Smalling made 16 PL appearances in his first season at Utd after just 19 professional games at Fulham.

If Collins is good enough, which we all assume he is, then he will get picked over Long, simply because he's the future replacement for Tarks, Long is just the bench warmer.
I appreciate that, but wasn’t that 19 premier league appearances for Fulham. It’s a bit different then similar appearances but for the league below.

To be honest I could say Collins doing well for us but I can’t see him getting any league game time this season or next if Tarks stays

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:58 pm
I appreciate that, but wasn’t that 19 premier league appearances for Fulham. It’s a bit different then similar appearances but for the league below.

To be honest I could say Collins doing well for us but I can’t see him getting any league game time this season or next if Tarks stays
He'd come from non league to play for Fulham and made 13 PL appearances, then went to Utd, so he still made a massive jump to get to Fulham.
Collins should be Tarks primary understudy this season.
Tarks is OOC next summer and has made his intentions to leave clear by not signing a new deal

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Bringing in Collins now ahead of Tarkowski's expected departure is positive. Obviously his appearances are going to be limited this season so long as Tarkowski and Mee stay injury and suspension free. That is a positive too.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:34 pm

taio wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:07 pm
Bringing in Collins now ahead of Tarkowski's expected departure is positive. Obviously his appearances are going to be limited this season so long as Tarkowski and Mee stay injury and suspension free. That is a positive too.
It is fantastic forward planning. The point I was making to Macca is that in reality we have only added one player that goes into our starting eleven in two windows under ALK

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:46 pm

You could argue Cornet doesnt go straight into our 11, infact you could argue we have never signed someone who goes straight into the first 11.

The fact we have got him in now is good business as he improves us from last seasons options if needed whilst he learns the role ready to step in for when our best defender leaves.
IF we had waited until January or maybe next summer who's to say he doesnt have a storming season and we miss out on him leaving us playing catch up, spending way more, or risking an unproven player who's had little time to bed in the group, framework and league.

Also I think Roberrts will be a starter, he is a very good player who will add a lot to our play, and has a weapon of a throw that may prove crucial to our style of play in creating goals either directly or indirectly.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:54 pm

MACCA wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:46 pm
You could argue Cornet doesnt go straight into our 11, infact you could argue we have never signed someone who goes straight into the first 11.

The fact we have got him in now is good business as he improves us from last seasons options if needed whilst he learns the role ready to step in for when our best defender leaves.
IF we had waited until January or maybe next summer who's to say he doesnt have a storming season and we miss out on him leaving us playing catch up, spending way more, or risking an unproven player who's had little time to bed in the group, framework and league.

Also I think Roberrts will be a starter, he is a very good player who will add a lot to our play, and has a weapon of a throw that may prove crucial to our style of play in creating goals either directly or indirectly.
I appreciate that view, but I think it’s very clear Cornet has been signed for the starting eleven. He is a player with champions league pedigree.

I just can’t Robert’s starting statically Lowton is one of our best outlets.

This season he sits behind Shaw and Alexander Arnold in third place for most clear cut chances created by a full back.

Last season he had 4th best cross accuracy stats in the league.

It’s all about opinions but I stick with the view that right now we have strengthened the starting eleven by 1 player. In my opinion we needed a minimum of 1 striker and 1 CM that go straight into the team. You could probably argue that Collins and Robert’s (even though I think they are good signings) we’re not where the funds should have been spent

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:43 pm

Roberts was a steal according to some so was Collins.
Bardsley won't be here past next summer, so we've just gotten ahead of ourselves in one position.

The biggest gripe we've had as fans is not the first 11, it's nearly always been the options on the bench, the ability for Dyche to change a game but he's not had much to bring on really.
That instantly changes moving forwards, with the signing of Cornet.
If he's playing then JBG may be on the bench and he'd be a good option to throw on, vice versa.

No point getting yet another striker when the service wasn't there.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:48 pm

I think Roberts throw ins alone could see him employed when chasing games, so once he’s fit I expect him to be fairly regularly used, even if just from the bench this season.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:22 pm

'Brady and Hendrick have gone, I know let's go after Westwood, Cork and Brownhill now...' This ' not good enough for the Premier League' needs to stop and now!

Our players have been signed to play for Burnley and although they may not be of a standard required by Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool or Manchester United they are, by definition Premier League players!

I would hate it if we ever signed an A list player, he would be Division One at best within a week.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:48 pm
I think Roberts throw ins alone could see him employed when chasing games, so once he’s fit I expect him to be fairly regularly used, even if just from the bench this season.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some right midfield appearances to start with.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Sleeping Cat wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:42 am
More likely 4-4-1-1 with Brownhill in behind Wood, like we did with Hendrick a few years back. Capable of dropping deeper and slot in with Westy & Cork back in CM to provide solidity. Cornett & McNeil on either wings with pace and creativity. Could work.
Playing one up front isn't really an option, as Wood is usually offside. Who would the midfield pass to? :lol:

Of course, we could play someone else.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm

aggi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:50 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see some right midfield appearances to start with.
I think Dyche may well be tinkering with the idea of advanced wing backs, the summer recruitment seems to suggest as much, possibly playing Dwight pulling the strings as a a roving AM and two sitting midfielders, maybe even a sweeping DM (ideal for Stephens if he is seriously part of SD’s plans)

The signings certainly provide a host of new options. Criticising SD before he can mould the new lineup is incredible and demonstrates how short sighted many of ‘those in the know’ actually are IMHO.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm
Playing one up front isn't really an option, as Wood is usually offside. Who would the midfield pass to? :lol:

Indeed we could, so which of our other non-scoring forwards would you opt for, Barnes, Jay Rod or Vydra, that trio combined still didn't get near Wood's goal tally last season.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

Is it Wood who's offside or the wingers aren't passing it quick enough because they can't see his runs?

taio

Post by taio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:21 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm
Is it Wood who's offside or the wingers aren't passing it quick enough because they can't see his runs?
It's because Dyche wants his most advanced striker to play on the last centre half. This hasn't just applied to Wood.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm

taio wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:21 pm
It's because Dyche wants his most advanced striker to play on the last centre half. This hasn't just applied to Wood.
I know that but is he getting caught out more because he's making runs and anticipating passes that the wingers are then not making because they aren't anticipating his runs?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:54 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm
I know that but is he getting caught out more because he's making runs and anticipating passes that the wingers are then not making because they aren't anticipating his runs?
A seconds hesitation that comes from lack of confidence makes all the difference
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

taio

Post by taio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:03 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm
Fine margins playing on the last defender who is looking to step up.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 815 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:09 pm

minnieclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:59 am
Josh and Westy have been superb, for an hour, this season. What they need is Jack Cork to come on and help them out for the last 30 minutes. We would have been on 9 points if that had happened.
Totally outplayed Allan and Doukoure in a 2 v 2. How much did they cost?
This.
Break the 442 when we’re up and reinforce midfield.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:30 pm

The answer is a huge YES! We’re literally crying out for a quality CM . When was the last time we played a through ball ? Perhaps if we got a decent cm we could bring our better players like JRod and Vydra into play
This user liked this post: tiger76

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:57 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm
I think Dyche may well be tinkering with the idea of advanced wing backs, the summer recruitment seems to suggest as much, possibly playing Dwight pulling the strings as a a roving AM and two sitting midfielders, maybe even a sweeping DM (ideal for Stephens if he is seriously part of SD’s plans)

The signings certainly provide a host of new options. Criticising SD before he can mould the new lineup is incredible and demonstrates how short sighted many of ‘those in the know’ actually are IMHO.
Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't Dyche been with us now for some 8 years

And during those 8 years there has been little or no evidence of the moulding of a new lineup - even when we were spending some money

You could count on your fingers (and maybe include your toes) the number of times SD has deviated from 4-4-2

And then I thought of the vision of Stephens playing as a sweeping defensive midfielder, very much in the role of Kalvin Phillips

Then my wife gave me a nudge and told me to stop snoring

Sorry, but that scenario is hardly likely to happen this season - and come next season we may have lost not just Tarks but Mee as well so the dream is therefore unlikely to morph into real life

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:00 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:30 pm
The answer is a huge YES! We’re literally crying out for a quality CM . When was the last time we played a through ball ? Perhaps if we got a decent cm we could bring our better players like JRod and Vydra into play
Exactly! if we could get someone in the mould of Defour it would make us an totally different proposition.

And yes you're absolutely correct someone like Vydra would thrive on those type of through balls.

How often does he make runs, and the passes never arrive. And that be dispiriting for him game after game.

Our midfield work their socks off, but we desperately lack creativity in this area, and even someone who could come in and allow us to control the tempo of matches, and keep hold of the ball when we take the lead, therefore letting us take the sting out of the opposition.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:15 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:57 pm

And during those 8 years there has been little or no evidence of the moulding of a new lineup - even when we were spending some money

You could count on your fingers (and maybe include your toes) the number of times SD has deviated from 4-4-2

And then I thought of the vision of Stephens playing as a sweeping defensive midfielder, very much in the role of Kalvin Phillips

Sorry, but that scenario is hardly likely to happen this season - and come next season we may have lost not just Tarks but Mee as well so the dream is therefore unlikely to morph into real life
If you haven’t noticed our frequent attempts early and late season to get the ball down before reverting to type when point requirements dictate maybe I wouldn’t be asking the wife to wake me at the Turf but asking what she is putting in your brew and why.

taio

Post by taio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:38 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:57 pm

It's hard not to wonder why you bother - you are relentlessly negative. I hope you are happier in other aspects of your life.

Jambounchained
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Jambounchained » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:33 pm

Wouldn’t mind Gustavo Hamer from Coventry, right sort of age, sits in front of the back 4, loves getting stuck in.

A “Dyche” type player of ever I saw one, would be an ideal replacement for Cork.

Has previously been linked with Rangers and WBA, wouldn’t cost the earth you’d imagine.

jurek
Been Liked: 309 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by jurek » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Unless per chance we can magically turn either Roberts or possibly Cornet
into very good midfielders then yes I'd have to agree with the original post.

But even if we had another and/or better midfielder on board then
we'd still have a problem in creating and scoring goals.
Especially if SD keeps on playing Barnes and Wood up front.
I feel SD's reason for playing Barnes (he's a thorn for defenders)
is a little flawed and leaves us perilously one-dimensional and relatively easy to play against.
Apart from McNeil putting in a dangerous cross, just hoofing it up the field in the hope that Barnes or Wood can do something
with it hasn't proved very successful to date - be it in chances created or goals scored.

We need 2 or 3 different and better players to emerge this season but we may also need to
consider changing the way we play and/or the formation.

Will SD be flexible enough?
Or will he only want players who fit into his system plan A.
Whatever he'll certainly need to have a Plan B ready to float quickly
especially if Plan A isn't producing wins.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:12 pm

Non of the current options show ANY bravery on the ball, so much space and time to turn and they pass it backwards to Ben Mee. Westwood so much time to play a neat pass forward into the forwards, or a 1 2 give and go with tempo and he just continuously hit and hope hammers it into the channel. We don't have anyone in there capable of taking the ball, dropping a shoulder to create space, then passing forwards, it's all very panic hit and hope in there, zero composure.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:31 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm

What new line up? Nobody is expecting roberts or Collins to start Collins definitely won’t whilst tarks is still here that leaves cornet only, you say new line up as if there’s 5/6 new additions ready to start.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:37 pm

Dale Stephens will sort it.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 296 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:36 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:31 pm
What new line up? Nobody is expecting roberts or Collins to start Collins definitely won’t whilst tarks is still here that leaves cornet only, you say new line up as if there’s 5/6 new additions ready to start.
Realistically, Roberts is probably just as good or better than an ageing lowton, so can be considered a “starter.” Also Collins is arguably a “starter” standard although young but I see the argument that he doesn’t go into the first team with Tarks and Mee about. That means we have 3 first 11 quality players and 2 that will go straight in. It would be a very tough ask to want more from 1 transfer window.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:42 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Pope
Roberts Collins Tarkowski Mee Cornet
Cork Mcneil Westwood
Wood Vydra

532 out of possession
Mcneil slightly advanced of the two.
Potential to put Taylor in LWB and Cornet ST
Potential to put Mcneil behind Wood and start Cork, Westwood and Brownhill in a 3511
We'd have 3 central midfielders in the team so wouldn't be ran through constantly in the middle.
The supply hasn't been there from Lowton, Roberts is an attacking upgrade and also playing in a role where he has more freedom to attack.
We are likely to be a bigger danger from set pieces with 3 central defenders in there instead of 2.
Mee has previously played left back, Collins has played right back, as the outside defenders, they are used to covering at fullback while the RB/LB attacks.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:45 am

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:36 am
Realistically, Roberts is probably just as good or better than an ageing lowton, so can be considered a “starter.” Also Collins is arguably a “starter” standard although young but I see the argument that he doesn’t go into the first team with Tarks and Mee about. That means we have 3 first 11 quality players and 2 that will go straight in. It would be a very tough ask to want more from 1 transfer window.
Ok then we’ll see if these 3 make a massive contribution towards this season, I suspect 1 could possibly.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:46 am

Mee is playing poorly, constantly dragged out of position covering Taylor who gets forward alot but his crossing has been poor. It's a recipe for disaster in 442, it simply hasn't been working for a long time, we are overdue an evolution.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:00 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:46 am
Mee is playing poorly, constantly dragged out of position covering Taylor who gets forward alot but his crossing has been poor. It's a recipe for disaster in 442, it simply hasn't been working for a long time, we are overdue an evolution.
Dyche doesn’t have or won’t trust the personnel at his disposal to oversee this “evolution”. Apart from starting Barnes instead of vydra he isn’t doing much wrong, if we want woods at full effectiveness we need to be starting vydra, other tweaks are superficial.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:47 am

tiger76 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Indeed we could, so which of our other non-scoring forwards would you opt for, Barnes, Jay Rod or Vydra, that trio combined still didn't get near Wood's goal tally last season.
Well apart from the fact that none of the other forwards played anywhere near as many games as Wood, perhaps if our other forwards played in his position and stayed onside, perhaps thay would score? N.B. my post was a tongue in cheek remark, hence the smiley.

Gordaleman

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:50 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:17 pm
Even when the cross is perfect, as on Saturday from McNeil, he managed to duck out of the way of it. :lol:

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:59 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Would you want five or six starting in the same the same team, really?

Pleased you know SD inner thoughts.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:06 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:59 am
Would you want five or six starting in the same the same team, really?

Pleased you know SD inner thoughts.
Well that’s what a new lineup should constitute freshening things up with new faces, I don’t understand how you can have a new lineup with the same old faces to be fair, another poster tried explaining it by including the 3 & changing formation & dropping 3 I can really see SD doing that can you?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:06 pm
Well that’s what a new lineup should constitute freshening things up with new faces, I don’t understand how you can have a new lineup with the same old faces to be fair, another poster tried explaining it by including the 3 & changing formation & dropping 3 I can really see SD doing that can you?
I expect Cornet to start, which may completely change the team dynamic. Where did I suggest wholesale changes to the starting eleven? If you want to bed in so many players in one go I’m certainly pleased you are not in charge; their are many options opened up by the signings, until SD reveals his hand this season nobody can do anything but speculate… there is no right or wrong about anything… to assume you know better by definition therefore is either based on personal inside knowledge or arrogance. I will not speculate which.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:31 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:18 pm
I expect Cornet to start, which may completely change the team dynamic. Where did I suggest wholesale changes to the starting eleven? If you want to bed in so many players in one go I’m certainly pleased you are not in charge; their are many options opened up by the signings, until SD reveals his hand this season nobody can do anything but speculate… there is no right or wrong about anything… to assume you know better by definition therefore is either based on personal inside knowledge or arrogance. I will not speculate which.
You were the 1 initially insisting SD should have time to mould this “new lineup” I’d like to know where this new lineup is? Because I can’t see 1. You are seeing something I can’t see I can’t see a new lineup I see 1 starter & 1 at a possible stretch.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:42 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:31 pm
You were the 1 initially insisting SD should have time to mould this “new lineup” I’d like to know where this new lineup is? Because I can’t see 1. You are seeing something I can’t see I can’t see a new lineup I see 1 starter & 1 at a possible stretch.
I wasn’t insisting anything. I was suggesting that SD targets sets of fixtures, as he has in every previous season. Personnel will be introduced to facilitate the way SD sees as bringing the optimum return. Is that Stephens in a holding defensive roll as part of a quasi 5 midfield with wingbacks… possibly. Does that mean McNeil having a more attacking midfield free reign? Or Comet playing wing back or winger. Traditional wingers swapping sides to confuse defensive plans of the opposition? one forward with a number ten?Jay a Rod playing behind the strikers? 3-5-2, 5-4-1, 4-2-4.There are many many options available, we simply do not know how SD will employ them until they line up with the new faces bedded in. That is not insisting anything.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:53 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:42 pm
I wasn’t insisting anything. I was suggesting that SD targets sets of fixtures, as he has in every previous season. Personnel will be introduced to facilitate the way SD sees as bringing the optimum return. Is that Stephens in a holding defensive roll as part of a quasi 5 midfield with wingbacks… possibly. Does that mean McNeil having a more attacking midfield free reign? Or Comet playing wing back or winger. Traditional wingers swapping sides to confuse defensive plans of the opposition? one forward with a number ten?Jay a Rod playing behind the strikers? 3-5-2, 5-4-1, 4-2-4.There are many many options available, we simply do not know how SD will employ them until they line up with the new faces bedded in. That is not insisting anything.
Ok then before you tie yourself up in anymore knots can we now establish a new lineup doesn’t exist therefore no moulding will be taking place?

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:56 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:53 pm
Ok then before you tie yourself up in anymore knots can we now establish a new lineup doesn’t exist therefore no moulding will be taking place?
How is it not a new line up if it hasn’t been played before… if you want to argue, or attempt to belittle, feel free I have a thick skin, but please make sense.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:01 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:56 pm
How is it not a new line up if it hasn’t been played before… if you want to argue, or attempt to belittle, feel free I have a thick skin, but please make sense.
How is it a new line up?

We will play either 442 or 4411 using the 10 of the 11 players that have started for ages.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:04 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:01 pm
How is it a new line up?

We will play either 442 or 4411 using the 10 of the 11 players that have started for ages.
Will we? I bow to you superior knowledge. I assumed that Cornet was signed to be introduced. I thought long throw ins could only be made by people in the team, and that the team would have to evolve to include them. My mistake.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:04 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:56 pm
These ideas & tinkering & changes of formation will simply not happen with SD at the helm in reality, we all know that he’s very set in his ways, nothing will be radically changed even though that’s what you are suggesting could happen or will happen. SD is no tinkerman like ranieri.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:06 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:04 pm
These ideas & tinkering & changes of formation will simply not happen with SD at the helm in reality, we all know that he’s very set in his ways, nothing will be radically changed even though that’s what you are suggesting could happen or will happen. SD is no tinkerman like raniero.
I don’t see how you can first decry a lack of signings and then criticise SD not changing the system to allow for players we didn’t have on the books… this football is far more difficult than I expected.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:12 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:06 pm
I don’t see how you can first decry a lack of signings and then criticise SD not changing the system to allow for players we didn’t have on the books… this football is far more difficult than I expected.
There’s no new lineup & nothing will be moulded, it’ll be the same old system which SD believes in & successfully so, a couple of new faces may emerge sporadically throughout the season with superficial tactical tweaks, we know how reluctant he is to swap 1 striker for another in starting berths & you seriously believe he’ll start to experiment & go against what’s served him so well during his tenure here!