Newcastle-Leeds 8PM

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Pickles
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 1210 times

Re: Newcastle-Leeds 8PM

Post by Pickles » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:57 am

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:42 pm
Rhian Brewster?

They forked £40m for Joelinton as well, yes sure he's got an assist tonight, but if Toon are relying on him to keep them up, they're going to be big trouble, they need Wilson back ASAP, when he's in their team they're a totally different animal.

Joelinton bagged plenty in the Dutch league, so he clearly knows where the goal is, but his confidence must be at rock bottom, and once a striker gets into a rut it's hard for them to get out of it.

And every time he misses a big chance, his price tag will be mentioned, justified or not.
When Joelinton played for Hoffenheim, I gather that although not a winger as such he occupied wider positions rather than centrally. Look at his stats, he doesn't score a lot of goals but this doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad player or that he doesn't contribute in the right sort of system. Over-priced? Yeah, sure. Ain't his fault though. Hey, maybe he's refusing to score more often until people pronounce his name right. I think it was Tim Vickery who explained his name is JoELinton (a bit like 'wellington') not Joe Linton. Irks me every time I hear a commentator say it now.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Described as a great game “it was like basketball, backwards and forwards”. Does 40 odd attempts in a 1-1 make it great?

Myk
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by Myk » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Described as a great game “it was like basketball, backwards and forwards”. Does 40 odd attempts in a 1-1 make it great?
Less great and more tv friendly perhaps.