Can anyone get their season ticket on the app?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Can anyone get their season ticket on the app?

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Long story short, I took the wrong season card to the game. Understandably, wasn’t allowed access by the turnstile operator, despite showing him my app, which clearly displayed my clarets number, seat number etc which all lined up with the info on last season’s card. The operator was very polite.

He told me to go to the G4S guy on the media gate, provide the same info and he’d let me in. G4S guy asked why my app was displaying ‘Arsenal ticket cancelled’, to which I had no answer. Again, very polite guy.

He then asked me to sisal to the chief steward, who was stood in the middle of the carpark. This guy was kind and offered sympathy but said, despite offering clear proof I’d still have to get a ticket re-printed.

Ran around to the ticket office, to be joined in the queue by many more people who had the wrong season ticket (no excuses, that was our error).

However, what I did note is that some were paying £5 processing charge, others were not paying at all and some people were being told there was no charge as long as you hand over the ceased card. That didn’t seem fair or right.

Anyway, my question. Does anyone have a season ticket on their app which works in situations such as this? Despite being treated very nicely by four different members of staff, I can’t help but feel, in 2021, this further highlights just how behind the times we are when a very simple app doesn’t allow you access into the ground, despite clearly saying you ARE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER. Thankfully, I only missed the first 90 seconds!

UTC

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3171 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Re: Can anyone get their season ticket on the app?

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:29 pm

Never looked before, but mine also shows the Arsenal game as “cancelled”

It does show the 3 tickets purchased for Tuesdays cup match as “your ticket barcode will show 3 hours before kick off” even though they have been uploaded to the cards

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 pm

I wonder if there is a reason for it? If so, then that particular part of the ticket wallet should be removed from the app.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:36 pm

I assume it’s because the ticket is on your season ticket card. I bought a couple of additional tickets for the Norwich match and all three are showing on the app but the one on my season ticket card is marked cancelled v

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 am

Totally accept this. However, if that’s the case, it doesn’t seem to be in keeping with modern methods…ie I have a plastic Visa card, but I also gave it on my phone; I have plastic points cards for places like co-op, Morrisons etc, but it’s downloaded on my phone.

It seems odd in the present day that people are having to turn up to a cashless stadium with a single card in their wallet. Like me, it looks like many other people went to their wallets at home yesterday, collected them card (the wrong one), then left home deliberately without their wallet. People don’t carry property around on their person in the same way.

Two years ago at a home game you’d find me in possession of all banks cards, National insurance details, driver’s license, cards for Morrisons, Asda, coop, wickes, toolstation, a book of stamps, some change and a few notes.

Nowadays, I carry a car key and a phone. I guess I’m not alone either.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:35 am

This is absolutely right. I leave the season cards by the door & just pick them up before I go out - rarely take my wallet anywhere.

Just checked the app and it shows tickets for Norwich & Brentford - all “cancelled”.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:37 am

34B677E8-E3A7-444E-8A4E-7577951BBA9D.jpeg
34B677E8-E3A7-444E-8A4E-7577951BBA9D.jpeg (265.65 KiB) Viewed 2439 times

This is the screen I got, so whilst in front of the operator, who said I could use my device, I selected Arsenal…ticket cancelled!

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3171 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:49 am

Same on mine

We need somebody that isn’t a STH and has bought a ticket to check/try

As you say jd, it does seem odd that it appears to be a something only non STH can use. Why have them listed if we can’t use it

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1134 times
Has Liked: 1608 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:00 am

Going off the kick off tines, does that mean the team aren't going to turn up until the second half in each of the games ?

My tickets are showing as cancelled btw although I'm intrigued by the incrowd test game on the 30th Nov that is planned....

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:10 am

To me, it seems as though a lot of work was put into the app ahead of the Liverpool ‘Covid’ game last season and then it has barely been looked at since.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:13 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:29 am
Totally accept this. However, if that’s the case, it doesn’t seem to be in keeping with modern methods…ie I have a plastic Visa card, but I also gave it on my phone; I have plastic points cards for places like co-op, Morrisons etc, but it’s downloaded on my phone.

It seems odd in the present day that people are having to turn up to a cashless stadium with a single card in their wallet. Like me, it looks like many other people went to their wallets at home yesterday, collected them card (the wrong one), then left home deliberately without their wallet. People don’t carry property around on their person in the same way.

Two years ago at a home game you’d find me in possession of all banks cards, National insurance details, driver’s license, cards for Morrisons, Asda, coop, wickes, toolstation, a book of stamps, some change and a few notes.

Nowadays, I carry a car key and a phone. I guess I’m not alone either.
I guess the difference is that the other things are multi use whereas a match ticket is single use (and the season ticket has a limited number of specific uses. That doesn’t mean it’s not possible of course, but security on the app would need beefing up significantly beyond the current username and password model.

I still carry a wallet as I still need my driving licence and a number of other non digital membership cards.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:40 am

Absolutely, Martin. All very valid points. So why display the information in such a way? If the app has been designed for single use tickets, then there should be no reference to my season ticket on there and absolutely, they should not be showing individual match tickets from a broken down season ticket.

One thing that has not been picked up on from my original post, is how the ticket office staff were dealing with these enquiries…. Some were paying the £5 processing charge, some not paying at all and others having a ticket printed free of charge on the proviso that they handed over their old season-ticket card.

There were at least 10 people in front of me in the queue with old season-ticket cards and it’s clearly a common issue at the start of the season… It was surprising that people were being given different options. The bloke directly in front of me had to pay £5 each for several cards for his family!

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:40 am
Absolutely, Martin. All very valid points. So why display the information in such a way? If the app has been designed for single use tickets, then there should be no reference to my season ticket on there and absolutely, they should not be showing individual match tickets from a broken down season ticket.

One thing that has not been picked up on from my original post, is how the ticket office staff were dealing with these enquiries…. Some were paying the £5 processing charge, some not paying at all and others having a ticket printed free of charge on the proviso that they handed over their old season-ticket card.

There were at least 10 people in front of me in the queue with old season-ticket cards and it’s clearly a common issue at the start of the season… It was surprising that people were being given different options. The bloke directly in front of me had to pay £5 each for several cards for his family!
Oh I’m not claiming the app is well designed, the season ticket being in there is certainly confusing, just offering an explanation as to why they show as ‘cancelled’.

There needs to be a clear policy that all staff stick to for those who have forgotten their season ticket on the day.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:16 am

martin_p wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 am
Oh I’m not claiming the app is well designed, the season ticket being in there is certainly confusing, just offering an explanation as to why they show as ‘cancelled’.

There needs to be a clear policy that all staff stick to for those who have forgotten their season ticket on the day.
Agree

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32242 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:02 pm

We were informed in a recent meeting by the marketing manager that we could use either our card or the app, this despite him being told the app didn’t work at the Liverpool game.

The app still doesn’t work, the club were informed after the Brighton game but five weeks later it still doesn’t work. And they’ve also been told again at the same time about the non-working TeamCard app. They said they didn’t know it wasn’t working which is not the case, they were told well over 18 months ago.

Whoever is responsible for technology either needs training or replacing.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Just to add, I’m amazed people are bringing old cards. There were clear instructions with the new cards advising you to destroy the old card.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3772 times
Has Liked: 12364 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:02 pm
We were informed in a recent meeting by the marketing manager that we could use either our card or the app, this despite him being told the app didn’t work at the Liverpool game.

The app still doesn’t work, the club were informed after the Brighton game but five weeks later it still doesn’t work. And they’ve also been told again at the same time about the non-working TeamCard app. They said they didn’t know it wasn’t working which is not the case, they were told well over 18 months ago.

Whoever is responsible for technology either needs training or replacing.
Couldn't agree more! Whoever is responsible (internally and/or externally) for the Club's technology isn't up to the job. Still can't get the App to work on my phone. Couldn't even get WiFi on my phone on the Turf yesterday!

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:27 pm
Couldn't agree more! Whoever is responsible (internally and/or externally) for the Club's technology isn't up to the job. Still can't get the App to work on my phone. Couldn't even get WiFi on my phone on the Turf yesterday!
I never knew Wifi was available, how do you get on it?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Grumps wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:31 pm
I never knew Wifi was available, how do you get on it?
It’s not available to the fans but I can’t get into the app at the ground with 4g

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:44 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:39 pm
It’s not available to the fans but I can’t get into the app at the ground with 4g
Ok but who is it available to if not the fans? I'd thought that the new owners were bringing the ground into the modern age technology-wise? But obviously not!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:11 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:44 pm
Ok but who is it available to if not the fans? I'd thought that the new owners were bringing the ground into the modern age technology-wise? But obviously not!
Media, directors etc.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:11 pm
Media, directors etc.
OK. But wonder why not then for fans?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:28 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:23 pm
OK. But wonder why not then for fans?
Never has been so at Burnley. I don't think there are too many grounds where wifi is generally available.