No home fans in three blocks of cricket field stand tonight

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tuddybfc
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Re: No home fans in three blocks of cricket field stand tonight

Post by Tuddybfc » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:15 pm

It was interesting last night that I think the club were using a different stewarding provider in the CFS, it certainly didn't look a familiar company but am happy to be corrected on this. Part of the issue in the CFS is that the stewards are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, I wonder if this is something they begun to try and address last night.

In saying that, some stewards referred to by one of their colleagues as an F-ing moron was sending all Rochdale supporters towards the Cricketfield home turnstiles, clearly some way to go!

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:26 pm

The answer to this has been obvious for years.
Give the whole of the Jimmy Mac stand to away fans.
A lot of PL teams will fill it, and we can also sell very expensive hospitality packages to away fans who are used to paying massive amounts at Old Trafford, the Emirates etc.
The home fans then get the whole of the Cricket field stand and there are no segregation issues at all.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:32 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:55 pm
I sit in one of the blocks that appears in all the photos of the fighting. We moved there this season after years in the JMU because it now works out cheaper with the kids. There are different people in there every week - which is odd given you have to show your ticket to get through the extra gate to get to that section. It's also populated by a large number of people who spend their entire time goading the opposition fans - some of them don't bother watching the game at all.

It was nasty against Brighton but there was a bigger gap between the fans, presumably because they didn't sell out. It was full against Leeds and kicked off at half time in the same area (fortunately we'd gone downstairs for a brew). On Saturday we could see what was happening and moved before the start of the 2nd half.

I'm beginning to wish I'd stayed where I was.
Move away from the centre, always going to have home and away fans wanting banter and/or it getting a bit hostile and uncomfortable.

We are 3 blocks away from the segregation, have a good view, have the atmosphere, but far enough away from any likely incidents or those wanting to cause some.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 pm

Yeah, ultimately we'll have to move if it carries on. I don't mind a bit of "atmosphere" but it's gone way over the top this season so far (including everyone rushing right when we score which I wasn't expecting - in my Longside days, everyone rushed forwards....).

The problem we'll potentially have is getting 4 seats together.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:17 pm

Sproggy wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:37 pm
Yeah, ultimately we'll have to move if it carries on. I don't mind a bit of "atmosphere" but it's gone way over the top this season so far (including everyone rushing right when we score which I wasn't expecting - in my Longside days, everyone rushed forwards....).

The problem we'll potentially have is getting 4 seats together.
you shouldn't have to move - its a handful of idiots who, if they were dealt with appropriately by the club (banned a few), would no longer be a problem. I really enjoy being in that section right next to the away fans behind the goal, except when idiots come in from all across the stand to goad the away fans

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32235 times
Has Liked: 5252 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:19 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:20 am
I was amazed how close the Chelsea fans were to Spurs at the weekend, they despise each other
Home and away fans sit next to each other at every Premier League ground - it shouldn't be a problem and doesn't usually lead to what happened at Burnley, and with that in mind, it kicked off outside the ground last night on Belvedere Road, the second time in four home games this season that I've seen disorder there.

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:27 pm

How did you manage to move seats.I was told I couldn't swap this season?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:19 pm
Home and away fans sit next to each other at every Premier League ground - it shouldn't be a problem and doesn't usually lead to what happened at Burnley, and with that in mind, it kicked off outside the ground last night on Belvedere Road, the second time in four home games this season that I've seen disorder there.
I thought we'd got rid of the idiots but seemingly not. I will say, hooliganism is a weekly event pretty much everywhere in Europe nowadays and it's getting far worse, it needs tackling at Burnley again before it gets out of hand. That image wont sit well with our new owners that's for sure and I hope the scrotes are disposed of quickly