Vydra

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Vydra

Post by jtv » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 am

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Vydra was not even on the bench yesterday. Injured or out of favour again?

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Re: Vydra

Post by Peter Loo » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:26 am

jtv wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 am
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Vydra was not even on the bench yesterday. Injured or out of favour again?
I assumed injured after coming off in the international he started but by no means certain.

beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:30 am

jtv wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 am
I wondered that myself yesterday. I really think if he was starting every week along side Wood we’d see him scoring.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:37 am

Dyche said before the match he was touch and go (basically ruling him out).

Myk
Been Liked: 49 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by Myk » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:42 am

Dyche said Vydra and Taylor should be back in contention for next weeks game at Southampton after suffering knocks and that Roberts will play a bounce game during the week to get upto full fitness as his international game time came “prematurely”. Mee is waiting on covid protocols so may not be available again next weekend.

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 am

I like Vydra, he definitely makes us play better football. Needs to start delivering goals but the fact he's not guaranteed a start has probably put more pressure on him in that regard. I'm not one to have a gig at Dyche normally but it doesn't seem to me that he's managed Vyds particularly well during his time with us. Recalling that time the home crowd cheered him coming on and Dyche came out with those very odd 'I didn't realise he'd done so much for this club' comments. Vydra must wonder why we bothered signing him. All of this also means he's less likely to sign renewed deal and we lose another valuable asset for nothing. BFC can't really afford for that to happen ever.

alboclaret
Been Liked: 142 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by alboclaret » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:43 am

what_no_pies wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 am
I like Vydra, he definitely makes us play better football. Needs to start delivering goals but the fact he's not guaranteed a start has probably put more pressure on him in that regard. I'm not one to have a gig at Dyche normally but it doesn't seem to me that he's managed Vyds particularly well during his time with us. Recalling that time the home crowd cheered him coming on and Dyche came out with those very odd 'I didn't realise he'd done so much for this club' comments. Vydra must wonder why we bothered signing him. All of this also means he's less likely to sign renewed deal and we lose another valuable asset for nothing. BFC can't really afford for that to happen ever.

I agree with you totally.
Survey if and when fit we give him a run of games, it's not like the rest of our strikers are full of goals so keeping vyds out of the side

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:21 pm

what_no_pies wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 am
Vydra himself said this in an interview a while back.
When he signed Dyche said he to him offered something different from our other strikers.
So he couldn't understand why he didn't really get a chance.

This was before his recent run in the team though.

Part of our problem is that we don't have a good centre forward partnership.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Yes we do dimi.... Wood and Vyds is a good partnership.

Folk constantly go on about Vyds lack of goals, but i am convinced they will come for him. Anyway, not just Vyds that is lacking goals is it? In the meantime, I am happy that we play differently when he's in, we give the opposition more to think about, we offer different threats and that will help when we eventually get a settled side and bring McNeil and Cornet into the game in and around the box.

I am assuming SD wants us to play more effective attacking football.... we play like we do now because of the limits of the players abilities or so we are told... lets see how we play when we have our more skilful players in the team.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Referenced in my preview that he was touch and go with an injury that forced him off at half time in the midweek international
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:24 pm

Yeah he pretty much ruled him out before the game. Glad to say that it seems that Vyds is now a (fairly) regular starter. Makes a good partner for Wood and his lack of goals is not too much of a problem because of the space he creates. Although a goal or two would be nice. Want to see what we get with an extended run of Cornet, McNeil, Vydra and Wood. Suspect we will do pretty well. All we need then is to get our water tight defence back (where has that gone anyway?).

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:34 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:57 pm
Yes we do dimi.... Wood and Vyds is a good partnership.

Folk constantly go on about Vyds lack of goals, but i am convinced they will come for him. Anyway, not just Vyds that is lacking goals is it? In the meantime, I am happy that we play differently when he's in, we give the opposition more to think about, we offer different threats and that will help when we eventually get a settled side and bring McNeil and Cornet into the game in and around the box.

I am assuming SD wants us to play more effective attacking football.... we play like we do now because of the limits of the players abilities or so we are told... lets see how we play when we have our more skilful players in the team.
You might be right Bobinho but I can certainly see why Dyche does not prefer him. We have a team of players that can’t score, Vydra is a 1-10 striker for us, we can’t afford to carry players like that even though the football is better.

I didn’t actually realise how few goals he has scored in his career until someone on Twitter highlighed it

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Peter Loo » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 pm

But he offers more then scoring goals like movement and bit of speed which is an asset in any side and Burnley in particular.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:43 pm

We can hardly complain about Vydras lack of goals when Wood has played every game and scored none. Injuries aside, let’s just play our best 11 players and Vydra is certainly one of those in my opinion.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:43 pm
We can hardly complain about Vydras lack of goals when Wood has played every game and scored none. Injuries aside, let’s just play our best 11 players and Vydra is certainly one of those in my opinion.
To be fair Wood scored more goals last season than Vydra has in his whole premier league career.

he probably gets in to mine but that’s purely down to the fact there is no one else.

I will say there is something about Vydra though, he looks dangerous just doesn’t quite finish his chances. Reminds me of Gayle at Newcastle.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 pm

I will say there is something about Vydra though, he looks dangerous just doesn’t quite finish his chances. Reminds me of Gayle at Newcastle.
Hard to draw conclusions given the massive disparity in game time, but I suppose my point is that given neither are scoring if I had to pick one it’d be the one that looks dangerous rather than the one that doesn’t.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:05 am

plain to see , he was happiest at derby

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 493 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 am

I think Norwich saw Vydra as our main threat, they definitely targeted him.