34 years ago today

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5518 times
Has Liked: 208 times

34 years ago today

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:03 am

When most people think of 31st October, they immediately think of Halloween. For me, the date is far more important; 34 years ago today I stepped foot in Turf Moor for the first time. The game, against Stockport ended 1-1 with Steve Davis getting our goal and I was hooked.

It's been a hell of a ride since and playing in the top flight seemed almost impossible all those years ago.

This season, despite the results do far, has been particularly special as I've started taking my son on games and he's loving it.

I have to admit I was starting to feel worried about our position this year, despite having absolute faith in SD. One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but yesterday's result and first half performance has made me sure we'll be in the PL again next year, annoying Klopp and the like.

Here's to another 34 (and more) years. UTC.
These 6 users liked this post: Loyalclaret Colburn_Claret gawthorpe_view Silkyskills1 mybloodisclaret Vino blanco