Two more serious health related incidents

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Re: Two more serious health related incidents

Post by Billy Balfour » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 pm

Volvoclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Having lost my Mum and my daughter in law being on a ventilator for weeks through this virus, I'm with you all the way Lancaster.
Sorry to hear this. It must be horrendous reading through some of the rubbish and wilful ignorance that's being spouted on this thread.
This user liked this post: Volvoclaret

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:41 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:13 pm
Ok

Its a discussion between a load of Burnley fans, none of whom are vaccine experts, about taking the vaccine

Some of them think they are experts because they use Dr Google

Everybody else is desperately trying not to tell them that they are f**king insane because they use Dr Google when thousands of experts are telling everyone that its safer than catching the actual disease

That help?
Hi Lancs, are you sure they are consulting Dr Google? My guess is its more likely Facebook and Twitter (please add your pronouns and qualifications of choice).

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:43 pm

Volvoclaret wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:29 pm
Having lost my Mum and my daughter in law being on a ventilator for weeks through this virus, I'm with you all the way Lancaster.
Another adding my support, Volvoclaret.
This user liked this post: Volvoclaret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:44 pm

Fair point Paul

They are consulting Dr (not a real doctor) Makes load of money from retweets and clicks

LS7
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 76 times

Post by LS7 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Jesus. To imply a causal link between vaccines and a perceived increased frequency of medical emergencies in football grounds.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Murger wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:43 pm
You could always read it.
I will do later. Have you mate?

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:57 pm

joey13 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:26 am
So does paracetamol
As does recreational drugs, smoking, alcohol, stress, the list goes on.

We have no idea what these people suffering these heart issues inside stadia personal circumstances are so I'm with you Joey.

It's wild speculation that it's down to Covid without the scientific evidence to prove it.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:31 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:31 pm
The difference is paracetamol has been used for 50+ years, the long term effects are clear to all. For all you know, this vaccine could knock 30 years off 50% of people's life, it hasn't stood the ultimate test yet, the test of time.

I know it's cool to be a complete sheep these days and just repeat ''well the government said so'' or ''the newspaper told me it's true''. I'd like to see with my own eyes though, I'm not anti vaccine, I've had other vaccines.
So wait a generation to see if a vaccine works :shock:
This user liked this post: Bordeauxclaret

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:30 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:01 pm
I was reading a 'stating the bleeding obvious' report yesterday. Basically, the data and conclusion said that areas with low educational attainment levels have the lowest vaccine take up rates.

It didn't need a report, though. You can see this by looking at the vaccine map.
That’s certainly the case across my friend group, didn’t like to say it but it is.

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:05 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:10 pm
Let’s not mention what could be causing it though....
Is it also linked to the increasing amount of pitch invaders this season?

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:28 pm

I see some "friends" on Facebook spouting the apparent dangers of the vaccines.

Then I recall them from school and their general absolute dimwittery- and I ignore or block.

Only link i can see is there is a direct correlation between lack of intellect and the belief that vaccines are bad.
These 2 users liked this post: fidelcastro tiger76

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 pm

Heart problems could actually be Post Pandemic Stress Disorder (PPSD) which is apparently a real thing:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/ ... 69436.html

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:02 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:43 am
Really don't understand why you want to introduce Lawrence fox into what I said, other than a strawman job.

However, it's still a fact that Israeli Ministry of Health. CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
CNN, The American Heart Association And the WHO have all reported/or are concerned with the link between vaccines and heart problems.

As I said previously, Covid-19 causing heart issues and the vaccines causing heart issues isn't mutually exclusive .
I was just answering the question about who's saying Covid-19 doesn't include increased risk of heart attacks. There's a whole variety of nutters out there who want to blame the vaccine for absolutely everything.

There does appear to be a possible link to heart problems with the vaccine but this is many orders of magnitude smaller than the possible effects of Covid which is what a lot of the anti-vaxxers seem desperate to ignore.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Before the Covid virus was around the Clarets scored yet another goal on the way to yet another victory. Whilst celebrating I felt dizzy and slightly nauseous and had to sit down immediately. Fortunately my turn passed without further incident, it was one of several over a number of years which I thought was hearing/balance related.

Less than a year later I had 2 stents fitted in my chest in an Emergency procedure after feeling uncomfortable for a while and seeking advice. My Left Anterior Descending artery was 95% blocked, I had suffered a Heart Attack but put it down to a bit of cramp in my chest!

Following the recent incidents I feel VERY lucky not to have been in the same situation because I was a proverbial 'ticking bomb'. Any time, any place, anywhere and at any age!

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:24 pm

JohnMac wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:46 pm
Before the Covid virus was around the Clarets scored yet another goal on the way to yet another victory. Whilst celebrating I felt dizzy and slightly nauseous and had to sit down immediately. Fortunately my turn passed without further incident, it was one of several over a number of years which I thought was hearing/balance related.

Less than a year later I had 2 stents fitted in my chest in an Emergency procedure after feeling uncomfortable for a while and seeking advice. My Left Anterior Descending artery was 95% blocked, I had suffered a Heart Attack but put it down to a bit of cramp in my chest!

Following the recent incidents I feel VERY lucky not to have been in the same situation because I was a proverbial 'ticking bomb'. Any time, any place, anywhere and at any age!
Hi JohnMac, hope you are doing well now! I was playing 5-a-side (62) when I felt a "bit off" - it was Feb, a cold night - I thought I might have a chest infection. Like you, it was a "silent" heart attack - none of the pain in the arm/shoulder/chest that people often speak about. I was lucky, one of the guys I was playing with had had heart surgery (he was late 30s and collapsed while playing football - woke up in hospital with a "zipper" down his chest). He recognised something in the way I looked and took me to A&E...

I wonder how many who post on here have two stents in their coronary arteries?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:33 pm

More than half who die of Covid-19 under 50 are unvaccinated
Kat Lay, Health Editor | Ali Mitib, Friday December 03 2021, 12.01am, The Times

More than half of people under 50 who die from the coronavirus are unvaccinated, according to new data.

NHS staff have said they are frustrated by unvaccinated patients, who make up 57 per cent of Covid deaths among the under-50s, taking up beds and preventing others from being treated.

Figures from the UK Health Security Agency showed that in the four weeks to November 28, 19 per cent of people who died within 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test were unvaccinated.

However, in younger people, more unvaccinated than vaccinated people died. This is because the vast majority of deaths are in older age groups, which have higher rates of vaccine uptake.

Professor David Spiegelhalter, chairman of the Winton Centre for Risk and Evidence Communication at Cambridge University, said: “Seat-belts provide an analogy. Most car fatalities are wearing seat-belts, which just reflects that nearly everyone wears them and they don’t provide perfect protection.”

About 96 per cent of people in their eighties have had two vaccine doses, compared with only 68 per cent of people in their early thirties. There were 3,571 deaths reported in the latest four-week period, 2,620 in people older than 70. Only 156 were under 50.

Nicki Credland, chairwoman of the British Association of Critical Care Nurses, said: “Staff feel frustrated with this . . . [intensive care] is in for a very difficult winter and it is very hard to cope with when some admissions could have been avoided.”

Antony Ayiotis, 38, refused to be vaccinated because he felt he “didn’t go out” enough to need it. The father of four from Romford died from Covid-19 on September 17.

His sister, Stacie Ayiotis, 36, told The Times that if she could go back in time she would tell him to get vaccinated. “His partner was vaccinated and they slept in the same bed,” she said. “He ended up dying and she didn’t catch it.”