January 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
OffTheBar
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Re: January 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

Post by OffTheBar » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:21 pm
Tell me you don’t understand high finance, without telling me you don’t understand high finance. Except that’s a whole load of nonsense coupled with your usual long winded rubbish.
This user liked this post: cblantfanclub

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:02 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:31 pm
Orsic has been playing as a left winger/inside left which is McNeil’s best position. Cornet is also (imo) much more effective playing on the left side of the centre forward, so Pace and Dyche must have some cunning plan to change our formation which will get the best out of all three players.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mislav- ... aison/2021
Or we could sell Dwight.....everyone's for sale remember

EarbyClaret
Been Liked: 499 times

Post by EarbyClaret » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 pm

Several pages back there was a suggestion we'd test Forest's resolve with a £15M bid for Brennan Johnson - goal and an assist tonight and Forest just outside the play-off places having been bottom under Houghton at the start of the season

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:09 pm

Re LTL:

Stop calling him Osric

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 pm

OffTheBar wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm
Tell me you don’t understand high finance, without telling me you don’t understand high finance. Except that’s a whole load of nonsense coupled with your usual long winded rubbish.
Daaaayum

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 pm

Brentford are in for Brennan Johnson.

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Pearcey wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:22 pm
Just seen that he’s turned down us, Palace and Newcastle but the mirror says he’s now keen to go to Newcastle. Depends on whether they get Lingard.
Sky reporting that the Lingard deal is dead.

Targetman
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Brentford allegedly made a bid of £10m last summer for Johnson, Forest were quoted as saying they wanted £15m.

Brentford have again been chasing the lad this window but according to West London media reports the asking price is now £20m.

I dont think Forest are an easy club to do business with going off our attempts to sign players from them in the recent past.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 842 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:25 pm

Moorite wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:35 pm
Anyone else keep refreshing every few minutes to see if the signing has been confirmed?
I keep refreshing every few minutes to see if ANY signing has been confirmed

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:26 pm

HahaYeah wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:16 pm
Brentford are in for Brennan Johnson.
That puts us out of the equation

We just can't compete with these big London clubs ;)

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 pm

karatekid wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:23 pm
Sky reporting that the Lingard deal is dead.
I admire players who don’t want to go to Newcastle(if that’s the case). I hope he goes back to West Ham. As for Ramsey, if Newcastle go back in with a big wage offer he could be off.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4324 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Tall Paul wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:09 pm
Re LTL:

Stop calling him Osric
Shows our scouting tentacles are speading further into Europe...
These 3 users liked this post: Tall Paul jrtod61 bfcwest

jojomk1

Post by jojomk1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:33 pm

Cenk Tosun is still on the books at Everton and ooc this summer

Not saying we should def go for him but weren't we linked with him some years back ?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:41 pm

Pearcey wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 pm
I admire players who don’t want to go to Newcastle(if that’s the case). I hope he goes back to West Ham. As for Ramsey, if Newcastle go back in with a big wage offer he could be off.
I think it's Man Uniteds large loan fee demand putting Newcastle off.

Everyone wants to milk Newcastle dry.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:42 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:41 pm

Good! We certainly did well out of them.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:25 pm
I keep refreshing every few minutes to see if ANY signing has been confirmed
:lol: going by the number of names online I think you're not alone, can't see anything breaking at this time of night for you guys and especially in Europe. I'm still working and lurking for a change/update but I'm going off any minute and will get back here your lunchtime tomorrow as I start work again, hopefully with good news waiting for me.

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:46 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:21 pm
I would call it risky and a bit daft.

We appear to be on the cusp of signing yet another left winger when we can't even accommodate the ever growing contingent of left footed wingers that we currently have. More importantly, he is another player who will have no resale value in a couple of years. This is important, because we don't have any money. I see posters considering the £60m Dell loan and voicing concern, but that is only the tip of the iceberg.

At a rough guess ALK bought the club with £60m from the Dell loan, £40m from our transfer money and £15m of their own money. That would equate to £115m, some of which would have be retained to serve as a cash flow. So potentially £110m. The rumours put the selling price of the club at around £180m, so I will call it £170m for easy number crunching. That would leave three payments of £60m to Garlick and Co outstanding ( 170 - 110 = 60 ) split over 3 scheduled repayments.

Now here is the worrying bit.

We need to pay £6m a year in interest on the Dell loan.

However, what nobody seems to be considering is the money that is still owed to Garlick and Co and the return on investment expected by the people who contributed to the £15m ALK put up. Yes, that counts as money owed, because they will want a return.

So, if we factor in a repayment plan that is very generous towards the club, where the ALK investors and Garlick and Co are paid back over a period of 10 years, that will equate to £7.5m a year we will need to put aside, every year for 10 years. If we are looking to pay back the lump sum of the Dell loan, instead of continually paying £6m a year that is another £6m we need to put aside.

To put it simply we are on the hook for £6m per year in interest payments and in order to pay off what the club owes over a period of 10 years we would have to put aside another £13.5m a year or learn to live with our debt and hope everyone is happy to wait forever to receive any money.

Throw in the money that we should be allocating the ground refurbishments. I'm not talking about the hospitality sections here and a lick of paint. I'm talking about the money needed to shore up the stands before they fall down.

Finally, add in the payments for any players bought on extended payment plans. If we buy a player at £10m and pay for them over 4 years that could add £2.5m to our seasonal outgoings if we split them equally over 4 years. And we will need 10 players over the next season or two at least.

Taking all of that into account it could add up to increased outgoing of roughly £45m ( £6m + £13.5m + £25m = £45m ). Now a couple of sub £10m players could lessen that total a bit, along with a few free transfers here and there. However, even with the recent business for Roberts and Hennessey I'm not overly optimistic on that front.

So forgive me for questioning whether spending £7m on an inverted left winger with no resale value, who hasn't been tested in a top tier league, is a FANTASTIC piece of business. Especially when we are struggling to accommodate Cornet, the last left footed winger that we bought.

DISCLAIMER ( If it wasn't obvious ) - The figures I just talked through have no factual basis, I can't say they are 100% accurate, but given all of the informational bits and bobs that accompanied that take over I think they are probably close. If I had to pick out one item out as being wide of the mark it would be the timescale that I attributed to the repayment plan. I think Garlick and Co will be expecting to receive their outstanding monies sooner.

In my opinion we can't afford to be buying players with no long term playing future or financial return. Neither should we be cock a hoop at the idea of signing a player who has a good scoring record in a Mickey Mouse league.

And yes, for those wondering the Croation League is not very competitive. Zagreb win the title every single year, qualifying for Europe which puts money into their bank account so they can continue to dominate their league. Some way beneath them are HNK Rijeka, NK Osijek, Hajduk Split, HNK Gorica and maybe NK Lokomotiva. The remaining four teams are cannon fodder whose only reason for being in the league is ritual humiliation.

With only 10 teams in the league each team plays every other team four times. So the bully boys of Zagreb get to play 36 matches against much weaker opposition including 16 matches against clubs that have no business being in the same league. It is no wonder that a lot of players at Zagreb and some of the other second tier clubs with ridiculous scoring records.

Not too long ago the rumour mill linking us with Lawrence Shankland and his phenomenal scoring record. However, that was mainly accrued in the Scottish Championship. Playing in that league he scored 62 goals in 120 games. Move him up to the Scottish Premiership and his scoring drops down to 7 goals in 46 games. Send him over to the goal friendly Juniper league and he has scored 1 goal in 15 games.

Scoring lots of goals in a Mickey Mouse league means nothing. However, I will say that from the bits and bobs I've seen of Orsic he looks a much better bet than Shankland.

Still, I'm worried when it comes to the playing front and the impact that Osric may or may not have on our chances. He has primarily played in a forward attacking three. Be that in a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-4-1-2. That is the case with Zagreb and it was the same with Jeonnam Dragons.

That would mean playing him in a formation that he isn't used to or changing our formation to one that our players aren't used to. A formation that leans towards fast attacking football with technical flair and an emphasis on mobility and goals from midfield. A change that will naturally suit all of the other players we have. However, we do have the success story of our 1 win in 17 games this season to bolster the squads confidence in changing things up and playing differently.

That performance gain was a product of minor changes, switching Dwight to the right ( where he has to expend costly seconds to stop, turn and swap onto his favoured left foot ) or the encouragement to drift in to the centre to score when he plays on the left ( which has left Taylor stranded and broke up their successful overlapping creative drive down the left ) making him a lot less effective. On top of that pushing further up the pitch has cost our slow players the precious seconds they need to get back into a solid defensive shape, hurting our ability to respond to quick counter attacks.

However, Osric did play regularly in a 4-1-4-1 formation, along with a handful of games in a 4-4-2 line up shortly before they sold him, when he was at Ulsan Hyundai.

The obvious consistency throughout his playing career has been moves to dominant clubs placed in weak leagues. It will be interesting to see how he takes to one of the most physical and competitive leagues in football; playing in a team that has little possession, is heavily reliant on a solid defence to secure results, has no rapid players and a poor passing game.

So no, not a FANTASTIC bit of business in my opinion. Osric can definitely play and it might work, but it smacks of a last ditch transfer with a lot of speculative dice rolling and no future financial upside. OSRIC COULD BE THE PLAYER TO TURN AROUND OUR SEASON, but the transfer has far to what ifs and finger crossing maybes for my liking. It is also more of the same from us, thinking about today with no real plan for the future.

We needed a classical creative right winger, a central midfielder who could elevate our passing game and bolster our defence, along with a proven striker or a cheap stop gap or player with potential.

Oh, and our business in the Summer wasn't fantastic either. We targeted a lot of free transfer that were unlikely to go our way and then spent the entire window chasing two players. Our strategy to get their clubs to sell was to throw more and more money at them until they said yes.

Had another club stepped in to compete for the signature of either player, and offered more money or a more attractive destination, we could have ended the window with neither of them and what looked to be no Plan B. It is no wonder Pace was flying about to spur things along, we were a hairs breadth away from yet another cluster **** - after a full years planning.

People have commented on the masterstroke Newcastle played by poaching Wood. They strengthened their playing squad and weakened a rival at a crucial time. However, I think it went deeper. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The singular element that has been letting us down since we handed over recruitment to Mike Rigg has been our recruitment. On the pitch we can pull rabbits out of the hat and work miracles, but we have constantly been let down by poor recruitment and poor strategic planning in the past few years.

Thankfully Rigg has gone, but I still think recruitment is the chink in our armour. The signing of Wood shifted the potential for us to turn around our season. It took the emphasis away from our over achieving playing staff and players, placing it onto our recruitment team instead. They put our fate in the hands of a department that has continually failed to step up to the mark, giving them a mere two weeks to get the job done and perform a miracle.

That was the true masterstroke, Newcastle put the strain on our weakest organisational link.

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE THIS POST IN FULL - if you can't trim it down in the editor then simply preface your comment with RE:LTL
OK
This user liked this post: BLH_Claret

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1357 times
Has Liked: 2936 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:47 pm

Oooops!

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:41 pm

I can sense the drama on SSN when it’s “back on” again in a few days after Man United reel back their demands.

Irrespective though, I think United would be stupid to do that deal. Newcastle will likely be challenging them for a top 6 place in the next 3-4 years. Their relegation would put it back at least one, maybe more years. They’d be better off loaning him to West Ham for a smaller fee (or someone like us) than help Newcastle stay up.

ClaretSteve
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 22 times

Post by ClaretSteve » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:04 am

Took ages to scroll to the bottom, page count had gone up. Thought there must be news!

No one post from LTL 😂😂

rob63
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 588 times

Post by rob63 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:25 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:40 pm
Burnley linked with Bamba Dieng from Marseille by RMC Sport
But would they let him go? He only joined them last July & extended his contract in December, do you do that unless you think he has a future with your club?

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:36 am

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:21 pm
I can sense the drama on SSN when it’s “back on” again in a few days after Man United reel back their demands.

Irrespective though, I think United would be stupid to do that deal. Newcastle will likely be challenging them for a top 6 place in the next 3-4 years. Their relegation would put it back at least one, maybe more years. They’d be better off loaning him to West Ham for a smaller fee (or someone like us) than help Newcastle stay up.
Unfortunately, long view seems out of fashion; By now the Brass will be getting over any qualms, and as usual money will trump any principal and reason.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 543 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:05 am

Matuidi is now a free agent. Negotiated a release from his contract with Beckham FC so he can come back to Europe. Wants a 6 month deal.

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:09 am

Miami salary was $30k a week

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:50 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:33 pm
Cenk Tosun is still on the books at Everton and ooc this summer

Not saying we should def go for him but weren't we linked with him some years back ?
He's a stinker!.......Fat Sam signed him i think.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:31 am

Iloveyoubrady wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:38 pm
LTL - we don’t have to pay the £6M per year interest, ALK capital do. Why would Burnley need to pay interest on a loan which was taken out by another company to pay for Burnley. Burnley are in a good position financially due to Garlick and cos good work in removing any debt. We have not taken out any loans, ALK have. In fact, because they used Burnley’s cash to pay for some of the takeover, they actually also owe Burnley.

There is a lot of nonsense spoken about the takeover, people pretend that ALK have done something completely illegal and impossible.

You just posted nonsense about the takeover btw, ALK's only asset is BFC, the debt is tied to BFC's assets, the yearly interest will be paid from BFC's TV revenue income. They owe money to their own business?

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:58 am

Bamba Dieng could be a possibility, Marseille need to sell him to balance the book's and a fee of around 10 million euros would do it, it's a good price for a 21 year old

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2 ... mba-dieng/

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:25 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:58 am
Bamba Dieng could be a possibility, Marseille need to sell him to balance the book's and a fee of around 10 million euros would do it, it's a good price for a 21 year old

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2 ... mba-dieng/
He’s hella raw though Mov.

All athleticism and pace. Do we think we have any coaches that can work a little finesse into him? I dunno 🤷

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:27 am

rob63 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:25 am
But would they let him go? He only joined them last July & extended his contract in December, do you do that unless you think he has a future with your club?
Apparently club is in financial trouble and needs to sell

MDWat
Been Liked: 878 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:15 am

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:16 am

£8.3m for a 21 year old international with high potential sounds like a good deal - haven’t seen him much but from reports online seems like it would be a good signing.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:20 am

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:31 am
You just posted nonsense about the takeover btw, ALK's only asset is BFC, the debt is tied to BFC's assets, the yearly interest will be paid from BFC's TV revenue income. They owe money to their own business?
It isn't nonsense and yes, ALK very probably owes money to its own business. This is common practice in corporate finance.
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:22 am

Fabrizio is sure Cabral is going to Italy, but my god that’d be a signing. Proven scorer.

Maybe we have a hijack team squirreled away that hijacks transfers as much as Newcastle. ?
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

nyclaret
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by nyclaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:44 am

85A8D3F5-C24B-404B-BDEE-4A1906E55783.jpeg
85A8D3F5-C24B-404B-BDEE-4A1906E55783.jpeg (135.91 KiB) Viewed 4936 times

CharlieinNewMexico

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 am

nyclaret wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:44 am
85A8D3F5-C24B-404B-BDEE-4A1906E55783.jpeg
I guess we’ll see how this plays out 🙏

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:34 am

Orsic looks like he had a fantastic season last season, in the league and in Europe https://youtu.be/hqAX_7r8Qdw

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:41 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:34 am
Orsic looks like he had a fantastic season last season, in the league and in Europe https://youtu.be/hqAX_7r8Qdw
He likes finding that top corner :shock:

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:45 am

An Orsic that doesn’t need scratching. Sorry, just thought I’d get it out of the way first!

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 am

One of the key assets of Orsic seems to be that he can just pull a worldy out of the blue. Him and Cornet in the same team would give us the potential to maybe knick a tight game by the odd goal

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:27 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:40 pm
Burnley linked with Bamba Dieng from Marseille by RMC Sport
Is this just because he was mentioned on here? :lol:

I'm a bit confused. Did someone ask Lancslive not to mention Mislav Orsic? They have done a couple of articles recently, including the one about Bamba Dieng which lists all sorts of players we've been linked with like Ramsey, Origi and Benteke but Orsic hasn't featured at all, even today.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:36 am

dibraidio wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:27 am

I'm a bit confused. Did someone ask Lancslive not to mention Mislav Orsic? They have done a couple of articles recently, including the one about Bamba Dieng which lists all sorts of players we've been linked with like Ramsey, Origi and Benteke but Orsic hasn't featured at all, even today.
Alex James of the Lancs Live has done a few Orsic related tweets today. Latest being that he is chasing an update but as of yesterday the deal was progressing but not done.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:44 am

dibraidio wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:27 am

I think the owners are dealing with agents now, like other clubs.
They will speak to us about most of their players and then leak news to their trusted journalists to get exposure for their players.

It's all a game.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 am

Ric_C wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:21 am
One of the key assets of Orsic seems to be that he can just pull a worldy out of the blue. Him and Cornet in the same team would give us the potential to maybe knick a tight game by the odd goal
Like two Matt Le Tissiers.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:08 am

Will Lancaster, reporting Orsic keen on the move and happy to stay if we get relegated. Good news if true.

Also said we were the highest bidder for Azmoun but Leverkusen moved when we bid. He looked absolute quality. Pleased we’re at least attempting signings of this stature/ability.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:16 am

NewClaret wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:08 am
Will Lancaster, reporting Orsic keen on the move and happy to stay if we get relegated. Good news if true.

Also said we were the highest bidder for Azmoun but Leverkusen moved when we bid. He looked absolute quality. Pleased we’re at least attempting signings of this stature/ability.
To be fair has he ever been right about anything? He said we were highest bidder for Azmoun then he signed for Leverkusen 2 hours later

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 288 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:18 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:16 am
To be fair has he ever been right about anything? He said we were highest bidder for Azmoun then he signed for Leverkusen 2 hours later
Given Azmoun signed on a pre-contract to Levekusen, so no fee involved, he wasn't wrong.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:19 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:16 am
May we’ll have been right on Azmoun. He didn’t say he was signing, just that we were the highest (possibly only) bidder.

I think this news has another source from Croatia. Who knows if it’s true. Like everything we’ve discussed on the last 73 pages.
This user liked this post: Newcastleclaret93

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 am

NewClaret wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:19 am
May we’ll have been right on Azmoun. He didn’t say he was signing, just that we were the highest (possibly only) bidder.

I think this news has another source from Croatia. Who knows if it’s true. Like everything we’ve discussed on the last 73 pages.
Don’t get me wrong I think it’s a matter of time till Orsic signs now. But everything Will Lancaster says I would take with a bag of salt.

brexit
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:25 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:29 pm
Shows our scouting tentacles are speading further into Europe...
Bugger have to go to Spotify now and will probably end listening to Gong or Spock's Beard

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:31 am

Campbell benched for the full game for Stoke for a second or third game running last night.