January 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Re: January 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 pm
Do you really expect us to sign four or five players? You might be right but I just can't see it. I really can't.
I seriously expect that we will try to to bring in 3-5 this window. Whether they will achieve such numbers remains to be seen, but we have a lot of football to play and a lot of players going into the last few weeks of contracts that are unlikely to be renewed. The sooner we begin the rebuild the better, and in happy coincidence give us the best chance of finishing the season strongly.
This user liked this post: tiger76

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 pm
I seriously expect that we will try to to bring in 3-5 this window. Whether they will achieve such numbers remains to be seen, but we have a lot of football to play and a lot of players going into the last few weeks of contracts that are unlikely to be renewed. The sooner we begin the rebuild the better, and in happy coincidence give us the best chance of finishing the season strongly.
I think it will be a challenge to bring two or three that can challenge the starting 11 never mind five. We'll see - I might be wrong.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:17 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 pm
I think it will be a challenge to bring two or three that can challenge the starting 11 never mind five. We'll see - I might be wrong.
Not saying five first teamers, but I think three to go in and two to be pushing for starts next season would re-stabilise the squad, and that has got to be a priority. I certainly think at least central midfielder, a striker are required as of months ago… and we missed out on targets in the summer… so I expect us to be well on the way to redressing the issues, now.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Have the new Paper Clips arrived yet Enid?
This user liked this post: longsidepies

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 pm
Do you really expect us to sign four or five players? You might be right but I just can't see it. I really can't.
We need 2 starters at least, and probably 3 now Wood had gone, CM, RW and now a forward, and if we can snap up a couple pf promising bargains who could be bench options even, with the possibility of breaking into the first team next season, then we should do so.

The whole squad needs a lift, and hopefully a few new faces will provide that lift, because as it is we look likely to drop without incomings.

And difficult as the January window is, the more business we can conduct now, the less of an overhaul will be required in the summer.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:41 pm

Who do you think has got the fax machine over the week-end or is it still in the buiding

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:44 pm

Benteke “not interested” (aka story was bs anyway). But let’s run with it.

Thank **** for that.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:44 pm
Benteke “not interested” (aka story was bs anyway). But let’s run with it.

Thank **** for that.
Pace, “Great news I’ve moved on that lump who misses chance after chance”
Sean, “Great stuff, any coming in?
Pace “We’ve only gone and landed Benteke!”
Sean, “FFS, not again”

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 pm
Pace, “Great news I’ve moved on that lump who misses chance after chance”
Sean, “Great stuff, any coming in?
Pace “We’ve only gone and landed Benteke!”
Sean, “FFS, not again”
Or alternatively

Mr Pace: "Great news ginger boll*cks, Ive got £25m for that striker who cant hit a cows arse with a banjo"
Dyche: "But who will Ben Mee and that contract dodger Tarks lump it up to now Mr Pace?"
Mr Pace: "Dont worry about that ginger boll*cks, Ive got £25m less my 20% cut so just tell me who you want me to buy"
Dyche: "I hear Andy Carroll might be available Mr Pace"
Mr Pace: 🙈
These 5 users liked this post: elwaclaret RVclaret boatshed bill NewClaret cockneyclaret

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 pm

I hope Dyche doesn’t call him Mr Pace, it’s unbecoming.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:12 pm
I hope Dyche doesn’t call him Mr Pace, it’s unbecoming.
I should imagine it’s first names. But Mr. Pace would be correct given their respective positions in most industries.

barracuda
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by barracuda » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:03 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Please don't quote in full

INSTRUCTIONAL

Click quote and you will get something like this

[quot=warksclaret post_id=1725257 time=1642349838 user_id=1366]
We need him-they don't, lets get him signed
[/quot]

Just delete a huge chunk from the text between the two [/quots]

THE POST

I haven't been watching as much football as I have done in previous years, largely limiting myself to our own matches for the past year. Part of the excitement for me, when watching other teams, was considering players that might be good for us. However, that pretty much evaporated, because our recruitment under the Rigg era was a million miles away from my own outlook and ideas.

Looking back at the brief notes I made on players from when I was actively viewing far more foreign matches and picking out players ( posting some opinions on here ) most of them have moved to new clubs in recent windows. This window accounted for the movement of some I really liked.

So, I find myself in less of a position to make player recommendations than previous windows. One or two are still available of my previous lists so I will start with those.

Right Wing - Jed Wallace

Available, crying out for a move, great at making and taking chances, not so good defensively. The fact that he no longer has anyone to aim his crosses at might diminish his interest in joining us.

He was a solid player in the first two years of his contract with Millwall and he has consistently been one of the best players in the Championship for the past 3 years. In the 243 games he has played for them he has scored 41 goals and contributed 48 assists.

What competition do we have for him on the right wing ?

JBG has been troubled with injuries, we re-signed Aaron Lennon, Dwight isn't doing well on the right and we don't seem to want to do the obvious thing and play Cornet on the right. Being down to one striker might preclude Cornet on the right for the near future at any rate.

Looking forward we will have 10 players out of contract at the end of this season. So we can either give all of those veterans new 1-2 year contracts on substantial wages and hope their legs don't give out or replace them.

If we intend to replace them all how will we find and afford 10 replacement players ?

I'm with ClaretMov on this one. If he is available for 1-2m and we aren't interested in him then we have completely lost the plot.

Right Wing - Brian Ocampo

He didn't sign a new contract with National and left them in December as expected. He is now a free agent. Classical right footed right winger. Rapid, physical creative, doesn't mind tracking back to help out in defence and he has a fondness for fancy tricks ( which can prove costly so he needs to cut them out and stick to the basics instead )

https://www.leftbackfootball.com/home/2 ... ant-winger

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/wp-co ... tt-4-1.png

MY PICK

Both of them.

The following is a list of striker options from cheapest to most expensive.

Centre Forward - Joel Mumbongo

Recall him from loan

Centre Forward - Liam Delap ( Loan )

Recently recovered from an ankle injury and probably not match fit. Quality player and Man City could find the idea of securing PL playing experience from him appealing. He could be used as a substitute until he regained his fitness.

Centre Forward - Andy Carroll

Cheap and available sticking plaster that will no doubt appeal to a club with no money who weren't expecting to do much if any business in this transfer window and probably prepared accordingly.

Centre Forward - Mikael Uhre ( Brondby )

A tall powerful striker who is surprisingly fast and agile. Normally tall strikers are a bit slow and they can appear to be cumbersome, but not Uhre. Unlike Chris Wood, who relied on the service of others for his goals Uhre can also create for himself, picking up the ball and exploding into the box, usually from the left. Earlier in his career he tended to take shots from outside the box with mixed results, but since he moved to Brondby he has learnt to choose his shots more carefully. He is now a leathal finisher from anywhere in the box.

So we have a quick physical striker who is 6 foot 2 inches in height. He has the physicality to hold off defenders and hold up play, although this is not currently a big part of his game. He wins most of his aerial duels and he has the speed and agility to carry the ball and score, move to receive or keep up with a more agile strike partner like Cornet, instead of waiting to receive in the middle like Wood.

I did question whether he would want to move at this time, considering the birth of his first child in December. However, he has been linked with Norwich and recently communicated his desire to play in England.

England appeals to me very much. It has always been football from there that I have watched while growing up, he told TV2 earlier this month. In the interview with TV2, after Bronby's match against Sparta Prague, th striker also said that he may have played his last match for Brondy IF.

Last month, BT also announced that Brondby was also planning to sell Mikael and they would be looking to demand a price of around 15 million kroner ( about £1.25m ).

https://www-bt-dk.translate.goog/superl ... _tr_pto=sc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ep_F_IfpBg

Centre Forward - Elijah Adebayo ( Luton )

A big and physical target man who is currently tearing up the Championship. However, he lacks the explosive playing ability of Uhre and his game seems unpolished in a lot of areas. His playing style is a lot like that of Chris Wood, being reliant on good service for his goals. Given the season that he is having with Luton, 10 goals in 21 Championship matches, I suspect they would prefer to hold on to him and sell in the Summer. Now or then his price tag will carry a hefty premium. A lot of his goals this season have been tap ins, but a tap in is still a goal and the player had to put themselves in the right place at the right time to make it happen. Mastering the art of the tap in is a skill in itself, ask Sergio Aguero the king of tap ins.

However, like I said Elijah does seem very raw in a lot of respects and I'm not fully convinced that he would be worth a hefty price premium and an inflated domestic price. At a silly money price I would say he is a risk for a cash strapped club with large debts like us.

Centre Forward - One of the numerous £10m players we are being linked with

Taking the transfer fees into account, their ages and their probable wages, I don't like the look of any of them.

MY PICK

I think Uhre is our best option by far and a price tag of £1.25m or somewhere near is peanuts for a respectable replacement who has just turned 27 and could play a role for us for a good number of years.

I would also snap the hand off Man City if Delap is available

Other Players

I would think about offering Jamie McGrath a pre-contract. He isn't amazing, but he could do a job for us in the Championship and we have to keep that in mind. An attacking midfielder is alternative to a striker with a formation change to 4-4-1-1. I would also like to see us to enquire about Amos Pieper as right sided defensive option. Given our position it is a long shot, but it never hurts to try.

Midfield

Would be have been nice. Patrick Berger would have been ideal and a far better option than giving Stephens another lucrative contract. However, we can wait until Summer. The league that we find ourselves in will determine our spending. £8m is too much to pay out to a cash strapped Derby for McKnight and Max Bird is a better player.

If we are going to throw money around in this window on a midfielder then Aberdeen just posted losses of £5m. They claim they aren't desperate to sell, but a good offer for Lewis Ferguson might tempt them to sell. Calvin Ramsey is worth a look at as well.
Some good positive thoughts and like the options. My preference would be Delap Senior with Carroll. Effective football needed right now - lets win ugly

SydneyClaret
Been Liked: 46 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by SydneyClaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:09 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 pm
Half of league one would be better than what we have at the moment.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:22 pm

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-16 3.20.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-01-16 3.20.28 PM.png (726.83 KiB) Viewed 3899 times

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:24 pm

London is lovely Christian. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:42 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:17 pm
Not saying five first teamers, but I think three to go in and two to be pushing for starts next season would re-stabilise the squad, and that has got to be a priority. I certainly think at least central midfielder, a striker are required as of months ago… and we missed out on targets in the summer… so I expect us to be well on the way to redressing the issues, now.
Two chances of that happening. *

We might get one to go in but three? In January? I'd expected maybe midfielder plus perhaps a couple of up and coming to push for places next season.

Wood leaving complicates the situation but forwards cost more money and it's unlikely we can squeeze one in at short notice without ut being short term (a la Carroll) or loan (would be a surprise) or a huge gamble (expensive big fish in small pond type who a) could be a huge flop a la Vydra or b) unlikely to come )

Get prepared for disappointment- Newcastle have massively ****** over our window because we have to spend half of the ti e chasing a forward as well as our other possible contracts.

*No chance and no chance at all

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:26 am

Not a cat in hells chance we will sign between 3-5 players this window and those who think so or living in cloud cukoo land.

The players of any quality to get us out of this mess or just not there and those who are don't want to come to Burnley, plus I doubt we have the finances available to fund there wages, transfer or loan fees.

We are in a proper mess with games in hand, no points on the board, poor quality and ageing footballers who are ready to put out to grass.

Don't want to throw the towel in but a dose of realism is needed, to gamble the long term future of the club on this transfer window could turn out to be a terrible mistake.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:38 am

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:26 am
Not a cat in hells chance we will sign between 3-5 players this window and those who think so or living in cloud cukoo land.

The players of any quality to get us out of this mess or just not there and those who are don't want to come to Burnley, plus I doubt we have the finances available to fund there wages, transfer or loan fees.

We are in a proper mess with games in hand, no points on the board, poor quality and ageing footballers who are ready to put out to grass.

Don't want to throw the towel in but a dose of realism is needed, to gamble the long term future of the club on this transfer window could turn out to be a terrible mistake.
There are players out there, as LTL has suggested, available for low enough cost that could improve us - plus if we do go down they are young enough or experienced in that league to do well. Look at the starting 11 thread for the Watford game and tell me that 11 can’t be improved.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 am

Top Claret wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:26 am

That’s the spirit.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2814 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:06 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 am
That’s the spirit.
What's wrong with being cautious and logical, trusting that the same thing that has happened lots of times will happen again?

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:20 am

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:06 am
What's wrong with being cautious and logical, trusting that the same thing that has happened lots of times will happen again?
That’s the last paragraph, it’s the first three that I’m referring to.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:44 am

What's Dyche going to offer Benteke ?

£12M for a 6month deal or £12m for a 2 1/2 season deal ?
If its for 6 months then we have wasted half of the Wood money, if it's longer then we have an overpriced pensioner on the wage bill stopping a younger player coming through.
It's a big no from me and hopefully a no from Pace.
This user liked this post: Top Claret

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:02 am

At least Benteke puts himself about. Playing Barnes and him up top would really give defenders a hard time.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:20 am
That’s the last paragraph, it’s the first three that I’m referring to.
No reason at all to believe we can’t or won’t make three signings given the recent boost to our transfer kitty.

taio

Post by taio » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:14 am

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:28 pm
We need 2 starters at least, and probably 3 now Wood had gone, CM, RW and now a forward, and if we can snap up a couple pf promising bargains who could be bench options even, with the possibility of breaking into the first team next season, then we should do so.

The whole squad needs a lift, and hopefully a few new faces will provide that lift, because as it is we look likely to drop without incomings.

And difficult as the January window is, the more business we can conduct now, the less of an overhaul will be required in the summer.
I believe it to be totally unrealistic to expect us to sign three starters and two for the bench this month. I hope you're right and I'm wrong providing of course it wouldn't put us on a precarious financial footing.

Gibbo
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Gibbo » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 am

Benteke's contract was renewed last summer for two years, he is on £120,000 per week, I don't think we can afford him. With regard Origi, he picked up a knee injury in early December and has yet to return to training.

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 288 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am

Gibbo wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 am
Benteke's contract was renewed last summer for two years, he is on £120,000 per week, I don't think we can afford him. With regard Origi, he picked up a knee injury in early December and has yet to return to training.
I’m sure the Nixon article claims he took a pay cut when he signed his new contract which brings him in line with our pay structure, though no doubt at the top end of it.

taio

Post by taio » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 am

RicardoMontalban wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am
I’m sure the Nixon article claims he took a pay cut when he signed his new contract which brings him in line with our pay structure, though no doubt at the top end of it.
Everything I've read suggests he's on a six-figure weekly salary. Surely there's no way this month he'd agree say £45k a week here reducing substantially if we get relegated. Thankfully.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 am

For the love of god please no more over-30 non-scoring strikers please.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:00 am

If benteke takes a pay cut and joins us what does that say about our beloved captain loool

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:09 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:00 am
If benteke takes a pay cut and joins us what does that say about our beloved captain loool
I read further up the post that some palace fans think it could happen because he’d be getting a pay rise.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:21 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:00 am
I don't know, what does it say?

CFS

Post by CFS » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:29 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 am
Living a life envious of someone else's wealth is such a sad way to exist
I'm good pal. Just merely pointing out that he isn't the dear we know him to be.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:38 am

Unbelievable

CFS

Post by CFS » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:44 am

taio wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:37 am
Nasty
If benteke takes a pay cut and he's holding out for cash it's a sad situation I know real nasty from him.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:45 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:27 am
That he's a money grabbing whore and a poor footballer to match?
loool

ayrshireclaret83
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by ayrshireclaret83 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am

New Newcastle move for Tarky according to Nixon

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:49 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:44 am
If benteke takes a pay cut and he's holding out for cash it's a sad situation I know real nasty from him.
I love my job but if someone offered me a lot for money for doing it I’d be off. Who wouldn’t? You’ve obviously got a problem with Ben Mee. Did he refuse to give you an autograph or something?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am

Nixon saying Newcastle are after Tarkowski but it will take big money

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:54 am

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am
Hopefully this is true. Another nice wedge would be lovely for someone who’s going through the motions and off in the summer anyway.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:54 am

ayrshireclaret83 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 am
New Newcastle move for Tarky according to Nixon
Oh brilliant.

Have to say I did wonder if WHU might come in for him given their recent defensive woes.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:55 am

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am
Wow that will be terminal for us

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:55 am
If we only had Long then maybe, but Collins looks a very good player.
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret tiger76

CFS

Post by CFS » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 am

claptrappers_union wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:54 am
He’s probably working harder today than you and your entire family have ever done in their entire lives.
He won't last a day in my boots kicking a ball around and that's a job lmao I do that for free and for fun do some proper labour I say.

Andreshotboots
Been Liked: 647 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by Andreshotboots » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:00 am

I f Newcastle offer big money for Tarky, take it!!!

Let them fund our survival, or as a worst case scenario our rebuild by spending millions on players who don't want to be here anyway.

I think Tarky has been magnificent for us, but if we got a combined 40-50 million for him and Wood that would be too good an offer to refuse,as long as the money is re invested into the squad..

CFS

Post by CFS » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:00 am

Andreshotboots wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:00 am

Let them fund our survival, or as a worst case scenario our rebuild by spending millions on players who don't want to be here anyway.

I think Tarky has been magnificent for us, but if we got a combined 40-50 million for him and Wood that would be too good an offer to refuse,as long as the money is re invested into the squad..
Agreed

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:55 am
I think we’d be crazy to reject anything above 15/20m. He’s literally going on a free in 6 months. Understand it’s strengthening them but Collins is a very good replacement and allows us a very decent transfer kitty to improve (be in in the PL now or Champ).

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:04 am

Andreshotboots wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:00 am

Agreed.

Like Wood, we’ve had his best years. Plus we have Collins. Take it and move on.

Albeit less incentive with Tarks dilute to the Brentford cut and ultimately it’ll be his decision - I think he’ll want to hang on till summer.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:04 am

Spijed wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 am
If we only had Long then maybe, but Collins looks a very good player.
This window we will potentially have lost our best striker and our best defender during a relegation battle.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:05 am

Re Tarks, Don't forget that Brentford due a sell on %, so even if he goes for 15/20 Mill we won't see all of that cash
This user liked this post: NewClaret