Apart from Tarks, who else is likely to jump ship this window?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BFC88
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Re: Apart from Tarks, who else is likely to jump ship this window?

Post by BFC88 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:52 am

Losing Tarks in January would seriously weaken our squad. I'd rather he stayed and helped us fight to stay up, going for nowt in the summer. He's clearly one of our best players.

beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by beddie » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:20 am

I don’t see the interview as a problem, the lads being honest and I respect him for that. As long as whilst he’s with us he gives his all that’s good enough for me. When he leaves he’ll leave with my thanks.

kendalianclaret
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by kendalianclaret » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:15 pm

I have to agree with you Beddie on that regarding the interview with Tark's, i think it was very open and honest, saying how happy the club had given him all the chances to play in the premier league and how he thought he had a good relationship with the fans, don't see anything wrong in that interview, open and honest and at no time did he dis-respect Burnley the club or the fans, you can't blame a lad for wanting to do the best for himself and his family, how many of you have left a small business for an extra pound an hour to go to a larger company, it happens everywhere, either way onwards and upwards with the clarets.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:49 pm

Hardly class anyone going as 'jumping ship' RCC.

The Club hold the cards until the end of July so anyone leaving will be because the Club are allowing them to go.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Another awful mistake from the overrated lump, zero pace on the recovery and beaten so easily to allow the shot.

BOYSIE31
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 1111 times

Post by BOYSIE31 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:50 pm

Get him sold this window and play collins
These 2 users liked this post: tarkys_ears bobinho

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1089 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:51 pm

Think we should cash in.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:58 pm

lets all pretend he's a wonderful player, cloud cuckoo land on here, applaud mediocrity and make excuses for everything including **** recruitment year on year

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1016 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:58 pm

Defo time to get rid and get Collins starting.

He's the new Tark anyway. Make some money out of it whilst we can (if we can)

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:00 pm

It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the top six clubs made bids for Westy, Corky or Brownhilly. Top class midfielders are hard to find.
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret Top Claret

redcloud203
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by redcloud203 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:06 pm

Been a great servant but time to cash in and move on .

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:21 pm

Who would pay any kind of millions for a lump like this, I've never been his biggest fan and he's performance today just shows where he's at, no better than mid table championship standard, slow, overweight and too bulked up for the last 2 seasons at least, and simply too far up he's own arse, thinks he's far better than he is, and another big lump of wood to match him up front, OK as a second striker but that's exactly why we're where we are, because we've needed a leading striker also for the last 2 season's, garlick to blame but I also have to a portion some blame on Mr dyche for putting up with it, every other manager in this league would have been banging the chairman's door down.

rufus lumley
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by rufus lumley » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:46 pm

If he is off to Newcastle he just gave them a great chance to stay up.

Leyland Claret
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Leyland Claret » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm

In that starting 11 apart from Taylor, who I like but gets beat too often, and Cornet who is a class above I would get rid of the lot. Even Mee’s head has been turned by his recent defensive performances which have been below average. We need to start building for the Championship next season because after that performance today and every other one, Brentford at home apart, we have been lacking every game. In any other profession if you performed that badly you would be questioned but Dyche seems to be Teflon. Don’t know who we could try but in my opinion SD has reached his limit

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:04 pm

Tarkowski should be dropped for the next league game, that would send a signal out to the likes of Newcastle and West ham who fancy him and create a bidding war.

I now think the time is right to cash in as Collins is a suitable replacement

Roger1960
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Roger1960 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:56 pm

After todays performance Tarks should be begging for a new contract as no one in the prem is going to want him

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:27 pm

Chris Wood was the first to abandon ship when it got tough. If any others aren't up for the fight they can happily join him.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:33 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:27 pm
Chris Wood was the first to abandon ship when it got tough. If any others aren't up for the fight they can happily join him.
Don't give them an out, we might not be able to play another game all season. You know the rules 13 plus a keeper :lol:

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 pm

rufus lumley wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:46 pm
If he is off to Newcastle he just gave them a great chance to stay up.
Hi rufus lumley, I'm tempted to declare you the winner of the "who else is likely to jump ship" contest. Not for getting it right and naming Chris Wood, but for being the nearest in naming the club that the first departing player would move to...

However, given their result today it appears you didn't get the "great chance to stay up" quite right... and, there's a football writer I've seen today who says that paying Burnley £25m for Chris Wood has surprised many people and will give Burnley a "great chance to stay up."

Of course, only time will tell.

Of course, no one named Chris Wood. It tells us all how much we know or don't know about the club we support.

UTC

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 pm

No one named Chris Wood because anyone who has watched him play this season wouldn't be able to believe that anyone in the PL would come in for him.

After today, it isn't just Burnley fans who understand why we would be thinking that...
These 2 users liked this post: gawthorpe_view Bosscat

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 am

I'm guessing, given the dog's abuse that Chris Wood has received on here since he packed up his 30 pieces of silver and did one, no one else will dare trigger their release clause in this window.

Until someone convinces me otherwise, Chris Wood is the villain in the piece... Ju-das Ju-das Ju-das

Jamesy
Been Liked: 780 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by Jamesy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:04 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:25 pm
Just does not look interested any more and its showing.Can see him going in a P/ex deal to a Championship looking for a promotion push
Would you be motivated if you had had as little game time as Vydra? There are rumours elsewhere on this forum that he is also carrying a hernia but is delaying operation until the close season. I cannot see him being sold/moved on this window unless we get a decent striker and a midfielder in before the end of the deadline. Now is his time for a prolonged run in the team.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:34 pm

RalphCoatesComb wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:39 am
I'm guessing, given the dog's abuse that Chris Wood has received on here since he packed up his 30 pieces of silver and did one, no one else will dare trigger their release clause in this window.

Until someone convinces me otherwise, Chris Wood is the villain in the piece... Ju-das Ju-das Ju-das
I very much doubt if Chris Wood or any of the others give a flying flock what abuse is pasted on here. They are professional people, plying their trade and are strongly advised to ignore all background noise.

A footballers career is a short one. Wood has maximised his talents and has exceeded them by reaching the top flight. He has been a model pro with us until this difficult period when he was unfortunately caught on camera in a spat with the management team. Those disputes regularly occur and go unnoticed at every club behind closed doors, but because the media commented on this one, the Claret boo boys have picked up on it following the players golden opportunity to better himself.

Wood might have around 3-4 years left of his playing career. To my knowledge he has not hawked himself around and was honouring his contract. He must have been shocked, flattered and excited by the offer from a huge club who are on the brink of serious development.

His personal wealth and circumstances have been enhanced beyond his wildest dreams. So I say good luck to him, thanks for your help Chris. Move on.
This user liked this post: KateR