Dyche or Pace

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Re: Dyche or Pace

Post by brexit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:07 pm

scouseclaret wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:02 pm
Do people really believe that Dyche’s preference is for >30s players, or could it just be that that’s often all that is available to him with the resources he’s given?
MILF

Paddy1882
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Paddy1882 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 pm

Posted this on another thread.

Dyche will be here for his 4 year deal at least as I get the impression the new owners won’t want to waste money, so the only way he leaves is if he walks, which let’s be honest even if we go down he’s not going to get a better job than top end championship which we will be. In my opinion there’s no way he walks even if we go down, his reputation in football has diminished over the last 18months especially with other clubs fans who see him as a Allardyce/Pulis mark 2, re-signing Aaron Lennon and links with the likes of Andy Carroll certainly haven’t helped that image along with the style of football being played, I personally think it will be a while before Burnley are worrying about who to appoint as their next manager.

Not a chance Everton or anyone in the prem go for Dyche at the moment.

It Is What It Is
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 407 times

Post by It Is What It Is » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:43 pm

I'm with Pace on this one. Lived in Malaga for last 15 years, the young Spanish talent in the B teams of La Liga are Bruno Fernandez esque, Cornet would love it. Let's be honest, our current style is Championship bound

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:32 pm

Dyche is a dinosaur.. 4-4-2 hoof ball with old pro’s

If Dyche gets his way we will sign big slow functional players who will adept to the framework.

I’m sick of this shitty framework
This user liked this post: Wo Didi

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:08 am

Shaggy wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:32 pm
Dyche is a dinosaur.. 4-4-2 hoof ball with old pro’s

If Dyche gets his way we will sign big slow functional players who will adept to the framework.

I’m sick of this shitty framework
I'm honestly surprised he hasn't adopted the Pulis method of central defenders at full back. He's already copied Warnock's plan B, if losing just throw another forward on and kick it higher and longer.

claretandbluesky
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by claretandbluesky » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:56 am

Dyche is naturally a reactive manager he often needs a situation to open up for him to realise another way. We really need to be playing Collins and if fit Roberts but his natural loyalty, you might argue passivity makes that leap of faith hard, but it is what is required. Always make your opponents think. At present they don’t have to except when Cornet is on the field.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:53 pm

Every opposition manager says exactly the same thing when playing Burnley - you know what to expect, long balls and a physical game - its as though every other manager reads from the same script.
It's been the same for the last 3 seasons.
Back in Boyds day, managers used to say we were run into the ground, we were bullied, we couldn't break them down etc.
Now it's just copy and paste.