Padiham v Avro FC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Ptangyangkipperbang
Been Liked: 195 times
Has Liked: 272 times

Padiham v Avro FC

Post by Ptangyangkipperbang » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 pm

Was going to post this on the lost the spark thread but thought it deserved its own thread for anyone else who went up the Abories today.After getting tickets for me and my Grandson late Thursday for today's game against Leicester and our second game for us to have tickets and can't get a refund until the games are rearranged even though I know my Grandson can't make a night match.Decided to go and watch Padiham with my Grandson and his Dad.There was a good gate on due to a nice day and Burnley not playing.The first half was a bit lacklustre and Padiham were 1 down from a good individual goal.Second half vastly improved we equalised from a stunning free kick and Avro had a man sent off from the resulting foul.A few minutes later another man was sent off although I'm unsure why I missed something.Padiham then scored another good goal after the ball was bobbing about in the area.As Avro were trying to press in the last few moments a massive pitchside ruck started on the touchline involving both benches and all the players resulting in the opposition manager being sent off which then fuelled an already good atmosphere.I must say I really enjoyed it and will return in a couple of weeks where on successive Saturdays Padiham host Northwich Vic. then Macclesfield Town.Up the Storks

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Re: Padiham v Avro FC

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:57 pm

I left with 15-20 to go so missed all that..

Love it up Padiham though, great club and loads of decent pubs near by.

PadihamThickNeck
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by PadihamThickNeck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:59 pm

Up the Storks !

Thejkr
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Thejkr » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:01 pm

Went up with my.dad. Good choice and good match. Felt like quite a few Burnley fans had done the same thing. Think the Macclesfield is all ticket you can get on line if you need them.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:03 pm

Quite a few people posting selfies with Brownhill on social media, who was up there watching his brother play for Padiham.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:09 pm

Thejkr wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:01 pm
Went up with my.dad. Good choice and good match. Felt like quite a few Burnley fans had done the same thing. Think the Macclesfield is all ticket you can get on line if you need them.
Can imagine Macclesfield will bring a lot. They've been getting some great gates. Hopefully a good day for the club's coffers

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:17 pm

Ptangyangkipperbang wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 pm
Was going to post this on the lost the spark thread but thought it deserved its own thread for anyone else who went up the Abories today.After getting tickets for me and my Grandson late Thursday for today's game against Leicester and our second game for us to have tickets and can't get a refund until the games are rearranged even though I know my Grandson can't make a night match.Decided to go and watch Padiham with my Grandson and his Dad.There was a good gate on due to a nice day and Burnley not playing.The first half was a bit lacklustre and Padiham were 1 down from a good individual goal.Second half vastly improved we equalised from a stunning free kick and Avro had a man sent off from the resulting foul.A few minutes later another man was sent off although I'm unsure why I missed something.Padiham then scored another good goal after the ball was bobbing about in the area.As Avro were trying to press in the last few moments a massive pitchside ruck started on the touchline involving both benches and all the players resulting in the opposition manager being sent off which then fuelled an already good atmosphere.I must say I really enjoyed it and will return in a couple of weeks where on successive Saturdays Padiham host Northwich Vic. then Macclesfield Town.Up the Storks
So basically a punch up in Padiham!!!? Well, sounds brilliant, but hardly unusual! 😲

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:41 pm

One of my grandson's is mascot for the Macclesfield game so we are going to go along.

However I cannot find where to buy tickets. Can anyone please advise with a link ?

Cheers.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:48 pm

Please note, I'm not on tw@tter, bookface, toktik, instagram etc.

Thejkr

Post by Thejkr » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:53 pm

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:54 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:41 pm
One of my grandson's is mascot for the Macclesfield game so we are going to go along.

However I cannot find where to buy tickets. Can anyone please advise with a link ?

Cheers.
I’ll try and find out for you, I’ll pick you some up if needs be
This user liked this post: Funkydrummer

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:57 pm

Thejkr wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:53 pm
https://www.fatsoma.com/e/9edori43/padi ... ce=dynamic

Does this work?
Cheers for that - I found this site but they charge a fee (it's only £1) but I'd rather the club have the money.
Also I wasn't too sure of the validity of the site, especially as they will want my bank details no doubt.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:03 pm

Me and a mate went- couple of pints in the Hare and Hounds pre match and a decent match with 3 good goals and overall a good afternoons entertainment.

Could have done without the half or dozen or so p*ssed up aggressive foul mouthed knobheads near us though.

Shouting abuse at the Avro players and match officials with no regard to the families with young kids around them.

What is wrong with some people? :-(

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:05 pm

I accompanied my Bury supporting friend to watch them play Holker Old Boys at Radcliffe. My third Bury game this season after seeing them at Nelson and Darwen.
Nice little ground is Radcliffe and it's great to be able to have a pint watching a non league game. Nice pint of Junkyard Dog.
1600 there with about 50 from Holker. Bury won 2-0 in what was a top of the table 6 pointer. The quality of the football is better than you would expect too to be fair. Holker had obviously been told to get stuck in with two "orange" tackles in the first 5 minutes but the game calmed down and was a close affair despite the score.

Thejkr

Post by Thejkr » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:06 pm

Funkydrummer wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:57 pm
Cheers for that - I found this site but they charge a fee (it's only £1) but I'd rather the club have the money.
Also I wasn't too sure of the validity of the site, especially as they will want my bank details no doubt.

I got the link from the official Padiham FC Twitter account. Try the Padiham Page on North West counties page and think it takes you to the same link. Think club still get gate money it's you paying more for the admin.

Funkydrummer

Post by Funkydrummer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:20 pm

I've taken the plunge and bought 2 tickets from that site - hope the club gets the extra 2 quid charge.

Thanks for all your help everyone. We're on our way !!!!!!

Hope the little lad has a memorable day.