Russia Invades

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: Russia Invades

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:51 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:52 pm
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/163 ... fiYhA&s=19

Russia to become china's resource b*tch?
Got said by a few at the start, but whatever happens, Russia ends up being economically dependent on China or India, rather than a partner of the West and is essentially reduced to doing whatever China or India wants it to do

Been said before, but this is the biggest strategic mistake Russia has ever done, and the consequences for them will be far reaching

Its united Europe in a way that would have been impossible before, guaranteed the survival of NATO and probably guaranteed that long term, Europe would be able to defend itself without US support (also very important as there is no longer a long term guarantee of this)
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Vegas Claret

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:16 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:47 pm
Yes

But imagine the crews, they know they are in death traps, so how keen are they going to be to take risks?

Not at all

Pretty sure the Slovakian T-55 given to Ukraine (which got modernised in the 2000s, and will be far more modernised than anything the Russia can put together) aren't on the front line but are up on the Belarus border

No one is under any illusions about the combat value of these tanks in 2023

They might be okay in a purely defensive role (hull down, firing at extreme range) but even then I'm not sure

I suspect they will be used as mobile artillery (as both sides are doing already)

But it has to be stated that after a year of war, Russia are actively bringing these tanks out of reserve to deal with the losses

I'm not up to date on Russian equipment stocks at all, but they must be running out of tanks to go down to this stage this quickly, and you do wonder just how long this can go on for
I did read that the Russians do have about 7k tanks in storage, but the better/more modern ones haven't held up as well without the regular maintenance or they've been stripped down for parts for the black market etc

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:22 pm

https://twitter.com/arnocast/status/1638587471205212167

France training Ukrainian pilots on Mirage 2000s

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:23 pm

My take on the current situation, for what that’s worth.
Russia is working through the 300,000 conscripts and are again starting to run short on people power, hence trying to recruit another 400,000.
It’s going through tanks at around 10+ per day. Hence needing the T55 tanks, unfortunately an infantry fighting vehicle can take out a T55. Plus being way more agile and way better targeting systems. True definition of a death trap.
The US elections start happening at the end of the year with a vote end of 2024. Big suggestions are if there is a change of gov in the US, money will immediately dry up for Ukraine.
Is this why European countries are trying to send tanks, planes etc faster to try to win this before that happens.

Next 6 months are going to be key to how this ends and European security. Not that I think Russia would be able to do much for yeas after this.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:49 pm

Looks like Russia are crying out for a temp ceasefire or some half baked “ peace plan” Openly courting China , India Turkey etc to “ apply a little lube” and see what the reaction. Is . The sheer weight of ordnance that’s arriving from US/NATO countries etc allied to fact its( fairly ) brand spanking hi tech as well , body armour, kit etc . It’s the like of more HIMARS , latest tanks and depleted uranium shells which could really punch through the RUS lines .
It’s impossible to say how many more men RUS will sacrifice ,their airforce looks half crippled and I’m not sure they’re gonna be able to knock tanks out like Stalin started to do .
That said to underestimate RUS would be foolish indeed .

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:59 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:49 pm
Looks like Russia are crying out for a temp ceasefire or some half baked “ peace plan” Openly courting China , India Turkey etc to “ apply a little lube” and see what the reaction. Is . The sheer weight of ordnance that’s arriving from US/NATO countries etc allied to fact its( fairly ) brand spanking hi tech as well , body armour, kit etc . It’s the like of more HIMARS , latest tanks and depleted uranium shells which could really punch through the RUS lines .
It’s impossible to say how many more men RUS will sacrifice ,their airforce looks half crippled and I’m not sure they’re gonna be able to knock tanks out like Stalin started to do .
That said to underestimate RUS would be foolish indeed .
To be fair.
Convincing the public to send it kids to be killed against an aggressor whilst the women work all hours to make armourments is one thing.

Invade a country and try to do the same, that’s way more difficult to sell.
This user liked this post: Durban

shanghaiclaret
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by shanghaiclaret » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:36 am

Most of the Russian public have no idea that Russia invaded the Ukraine. They believe that Ukraine started the war and that Russia is in the right.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:09 pm

https://twitter.com/Ukraine_AF/status/1 ... 0489507841

4 x ex Slovakian Mig-29s on their way to Ukraine

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:19 pm

FLASH NEWS: Russia is removing some of the oldest T-54 and T-55 tanks from storage and sending them to Ukraine. A railway train with these tanks was spotted in the west of the russian federation.

This was reported by a group of investigators, the Conflict Intelligence Team.

https://twitter.com/flash_news_ua/statu ... XbpxEsmRVg

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:46 am

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:57 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:46 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65015289

This is absolutely dreadful
totally agree, so hard to understand living in any place that has those kinds of rules and actions, unfortunately there are still to many places in the world like that :cry:

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:04 pm

KateR wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:57 pm
totally agree, so hard to understand living in any place that has those kinds of rules and actions, unfortunately there are still to many places in the world like that :cry:
Were you in the states just after 9/11/2001 ?

I went to see "the Pianist" movie in Century city with my wife (Indian) & a couple of friends, one Black & his Italian wife.......We were stopped at a checkpoint, told...very rudely to get out of the car, made to empty our pockets, get frisked...handbags checked, all while they searched our car, making a big mess in the process. When we suggested they were racially profiling our group we were threatened with an overnight stay in jail.

The movie was set in Warsaw during the Nazi occupation & the walling off of all Jews etc
.....America didn't seem so far of a stretch from those times.
I can definitely understand how things can head down that road.
The sheer amount of God bless America singing and Flag waving was nauseating!

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:05 pm

Sorry in advance if this is breaking the rules of this topic.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:34 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65077687

No one panic

All this is just more confirmation that Belarus will become part of Russia very soon, probably after some sort of referendum that you are only allowed to vote for if you vote "Yes"

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:48 pm

So currently the talk all around social media, is that Russias new offensive has stalled.
Wagner are pulling out due to a fall out with Putin, leaving conscripts to fight for Buchmut. Hence its stalled.

Ukraine about to attack, it’s all going to go tits up for Putin. IMHO

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:54 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:48 pm
So currently the talk all around social media, is that Russias new offensive has stalled.
Wagner are pulling out due to a fall out with Putin, leaving conscripts to fight for Buchmut. Hence its stalled.

Ukraine about to attack, it’s all going to go tits up for Putin. IMHO
That’s massive if it’s true about Wagner.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:48 pm

Far too much reliance by the Ruskies on Wagner imo and the guy running it is clearly a dick, so either he falls unexpectedly out of a very high window very soon or he takes the reigns from Putin. That's the way it's going as far as I can see.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:01 am

Ukrainian and Western officials offered various views of the state of the Russian offensive in Bakhmut on March 25, but all are consistent with the assessment that the Russian effort around Bakhmut is likely culminating. The United Kingdom Ministry of Defense (MoD) assessed on March 25 that the Russian offensive against Bakhmut is stalling and that Russian forces may shift their focus to the Avdiivka and Svatove-Kreminna areas.[21] Ukrainian Eastern Group of Forces Spokesperson Colonel Serhiy Cherevaty cautioned that the recent decrease in reported Russian ground assaults near Bakhmut needs further analysis. Cherevaty also stated that unspecified Russian conventional forces are reinforcing Wagner Group forces, suggesting that Russian conventional forces are intervening to prevent the Wagner offensive from culminating prematurely.[22] Cherevaty noted that Russian forces conducted 18 ground attacks near Bakhmut on March 25 but recently conducted 40–50 attacks a day in the area, suggesting that exhausted Wagner forces are unable to sustain their prior tempo of operations alone but may increase their tempo to earlier levels with assistance from Russian conventional forces.[23] Ukrainian Armed Forces Commander in Chief General Valery Zaluzhny stated that the Bakhmut situation is stabilizing.[24] These statements are not mutually exclusive, however, and the Russian effort against Bakhmut is likely culminating. Russian forces may continue to attack Bakhmut frequently and aggressively even if the offensive has culminated with little to no success, as ISW has previously assessed, as culmination does not mean the absence of fighting.[25] Russian attacks in and around Bakhmut may resume at high levels without generating significant new gains if conventional Russian forces do, in fact, enter the fray. The commitment of conventional reserves could even prevent the attack from culminating and generate operationally significant advances or persuade Ukrainian forces to withdraw, although ISW regards those eventualities as unlikely at this time.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgr ... ch-25-2023

jos
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by jos » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:40 pm

A lengthy video of Russian infantry pleading for some justice and reporting incompetence within the leadership (or lack of it)

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/statu ... 74403?s=12

Dmitri :-
Russian soldiers from the "Storm" unit, consisting of both convicts (and likely some mobilised), formed by Russian MoD, published a video revealing they were purposefully sent into slaughter during the assault of Vodyane while blocking units prevented their retreat. The unit consisting of 161 people initially, has only several dozen men left alive. They claim that soldiers are being "taxed", and those who refused to pay are sent straight to the zero line, and if they get wounded, they'll be removed from hospitals with unhealed wounds and sent back.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:26 am

https://twitter.com/TrentTelenko/status ... 0KahA&s=19

Some huge numbers if true, about russian losses/injured etc.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:56 am

Anyone know how many UKR “ kills “ Russia claim to have taken vs what UKR claim to have killed Russians ? I know both exaggerate wildly ,though never really seen any solid facts . Seems RUS have clearly lost a lot more troops though ratios seem to vary from 1:2 to 1:7

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:37 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:05 pm
Sorry in advance if this is breaking the rules of this topic.
Just to say, yes I/we were in the states before/during/after 911, here in Houston I never saw any check points or anything different other than the news and obviously people discussing it. Sorry you were subjected to that and people shouldn't be, not anywhere, not for any reason, I know people/politics can change (as we have seen recently & expect will see more in the next 12 months). However, in the article it is the aggressor that is suppressing the news, I've been in a few countries like that and it's not a nice experience and you need to understand the rules and play the game. I could leave but when you can't and that happens it's still heartbreaking!

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:45 pm

End of March now, have seen nothing regarding all the extra fire power, yanks, etc. actually being mobilized anywhere/taking part in the fighting, has anyone heard anything or read anything about when they will be seen in real action? Seen plenty of reports on training in different locations like Poland but not in anything where they are being used for what they are intended to do?

Seems like it should be the next "big" news I would have thought!

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:01 pm

KateR wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:45 pm
End of March now, have seen nothing regarding all the extra fire power, yanks, etc. actually being mobilized anywhere/taking part in the fighting, has anyone heard anything or read anything about when they will be seen in real action? Seen plenty of reports on training in different locations like Poland but not in anything where they are being used for what they are intended to do?

Seems like it should be the next "big" news I would have thought!
At one time it felt like announcements about military aid were made and the stuff was in Ukraine and being used almost immediately. Now the timescales seem very long and although the range of equipment announced in recent weeks is going to make a huge difference and is extremely welcome, there has to be a danger that those timescales allow Russia to increase the pressure and make interim tactical gains which at some point will need to be reversed making ultimately victory that bit harder. I'm sure I read recently that some major stuff announced from the US sounded great, but wasn't actually expected until towards the end of the year!

KateR

Post by KateR » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:36 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:01 pm
At one time it felt like announcements about military aid were made and the stuff was in Ukraine and being used almost immediately. Now the timescales seem very long and although the range of equipment announced in recent weeks is going to make a huge difference and is extremely welcome, there has to be a danger that those timescales allow Russia to increase the pressure and make interim tactical gains which at some point will need to be reversed making ultimately victory that bit harder. I'm sure I read recently that some major stuff announced from the US sounded great, but wasn't actually expected until towards the end of the year!
Thank you, I know the ammunition recently promised will take up to a year before it's completed, but I seem to remember tank crews being trained in Poland in Feb, and it could be my mind playing tricks but I seem to remember it should take approx. 6 weeks training and then they need to be transport to Ukraine. Therefore, I was expecting to see announcements of certain things having arrived and now being deployed, I know the mud is a real issue right now with the spring thaw happening but was expecting engagements by mid late April, meaning they should be in country anytime soon from a logistical point of view.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:16 pm

Here's video I've seen shared around recently. It's really well produced I think. It's about 8 minutes of combat showing some Russians advancing towards a small Ukrainian trench and artillery being used at very close range to the trench.

Obviously it might disturb you, so fair warning.

https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1640 ... 99011?s=20
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:20 pm

I read today the Ukrainian tank crews being trained on challenger 2 tanks have finished training nd are now going back to Ukraine.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:57 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:20 pm
I read today the Ukrainian tank crews being trained on challenger 2 tanks have finished training nd are now going back to Ukraine.
https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/16 ... 6599563264

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:44 pm

I didn’t see the tanks had been sent.
Be interesting to see a challenger against a T55 tank. It can do almost 4 miles an hour in reverse, if it needs to retreat, it’s a dead tank.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:20 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:26 am
https://twitter.com/TrentTelenko/status ... 0KahA&s=19

Some huge numbers if true, about russian losses/injured etc.
https://twitter.com/TrentTelenko/status ... -WkJg&s=19

More from this guy about Russian losses

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:22 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:44 pm
I didn’t see the tanks had been sent.
Be interesting to see a challenger against a T55 tank. It can do almost 4 miles an hour in reverse, if it needs to retreat, it’s a dead tank.
Plenty of knowledge about CR2 v T55 from Iraq. I don’t know the exact score, but it’s a tad 1 sided with T55 getting a big fat zero.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 pm

I still can't get my head around that Russia is down to T-55s already

If they have already pulled all available more modern tanks to Ukraine and still have to bring in T-55s then they are in much more trouble than anyone thinks

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:05 pm

As a complete dimwit regarding the political complexities of this war can you give me your opinions on a few questions please.
firstly how are the russian public viewing this conflict, do they have access to international news? or are they kept in the dark by state control.
secondly, given the reports that all is not going well for putins campaign based on losses and inadequate equipment, how likely is it that it will escalate based on face saving alone.
and lastly, what do you suppose is going on behind the scenes to prevent this mess from becoming uncontrollable? There must be serious discussions to cool off the aggressors surely?

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:14 pm

My take and there will be different opinions.
Russians think they are fighting NATO and the US, many believe Ukraine attacked Russia.
Unlikely to escalate unless we stop backing Ukraine and they lose meaning Putin will take on a NATO country.
Problem is when you engage with a dictator, they feel more empowered to carry on. It bigs up thier ego. Best thing to do is no one talk to them at all.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:18 pm

https://twitter.com/coolservativ/status ... 0895312896

Germany to double Ukrainian military aid in 2023 and increase it to £15 billion euros over the coming years

Like other European countries, they have made the calculation that stopping Russia now will save a fortune (in more ways than money) later

Also a realisation that Europe cannot rely on US support for its own defence

I hope more European countries take note of this
These 2 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret AfloatinClaret

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:23 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:05 pm
As a complete dimwit regarding the political complexities of this war can you give me your opinions on a few questions please.
firstly how are the russian public viewing this conflict, do they have access to international news? or are they kept in the dark by state control.
secondly, given the reports that all is not going well for putins campaign based on losses and inadequate equipment, how likely is it that it will escalate based on face saving alone.
and lastly, what do you suppose is going on behind the scenes to prevent this mess from becoming uncontrollable? There must be serious discussions to cool off the aggressors surely?
I didn't think it was possible to have the level of control that Russia has over its population in the digital age

But lets assume that the majority of the population trust Putin (He has been architect of Russian economic recovery from a pretty bad time) and they don't want to believe anything that could endanger that

I would also say that Russian history is essentially just a serious of "strong men" controlling the nation (be that Tsar, Catherine the Great, Communist General Secretary's etc) and having no alternative or no experience of an alternative that works, then Russians will be terrified of change

Add some pretty relentless propaganda, and a narrative that its WWII all over again, and its hard to overstate just how important the Great Patriotic War was to Russia

If the Rodina is perceived to be at risk. then Russians will put up with practically anything
These 2 users liked this post: Wile E Coyote Boss Hogg

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:25 pm

It is a truth that the first casualty of war is the truth ! You read and get conflicting accounts of the war depending on who is publishing it and who is reading it. The Russians would appear to be enduring unsustainable losses and yet they are still the aggressors, supposedly still going forward. Russia is such a vast country and with such a large population that losses seem almost irrelevant. I read somewhere ( If true !) that the losses of personnel are much higher from Eastern area populations than those in the West of Russia like Moscow and Leningrad . It sounds plausible and allows for a feeling that all is going to Plan when the contrary is true ( that word again.)

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:50 am

claret59 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:25 pm
It is a truth that the first casualty of war is the truth ! You read and get conflicting accounts of the war depending on who is publishing it and who is reading it. The Russians would appear to be enduring unsustainable losses and yet they are still the aggressors, supposedly still going forward. Russia is such a vast country and with such a large population that losses seem almost irrelevant. I read somewhere ( If true !) that the losses of personnel are much higher from Eastern area populations than those in the West of Russia like Moscow and Leningrad . It sounds plausible and allows for a feeling that all is going to Plan when the contrary is true ( that word again.)
There is obviously propaganda on both sides, there are literally millions of accounts promoting the war from a Ukrainian or Russian perspective, of which only a tiny fraction are original and accurate

The tweet below highlights the issues - Russia essentially made a video of Ukrainian troops shooting at a mother and child in a car for purely propoganda purposes, knowing full well that the millions of pro-Russian fan sites would retweet or post them and also got Russian governmental organisations (like MFA Russia) to promote them

But because of the very people who are in that tiny fraction of original and accurate group of people who are reporting what is going on, it was found out within hours that it had occurred 30 miles behind Russian lines (possible to find by geolocation) so it was a complete set up from the start

On the other side, there are also the war tourists who are supposedly fighting for Ukraine, collect loads of cash and then turn out not to actually fighting for Ukraine

Its a minefield, and you can see on this thread from some of the contributors that not everyone has successfully navigated it

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status ... 9308344320

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:39 am

A link to a thread on Russian tanks and how many they might have left.

https://twitter.com/partizan_oleg/statu ... NPC_4lrSVQ

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:48 am

On the Americans pretending to fight in Ukraine, James Vasquez has in the past week been roasted.

He was challenged by a trans medic first.
That escalated quickly and the pentagon then released his service record which proved he was lying about just about everything.

Speak the truth have done a blog roasting him as they had him on the blog and raised $100,000 for his cause.

https://youtu.be/7mEnew0PgsI

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:52 am

Wile E Coyote wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:05 pm
Russia is a vast area of land with a population of 146 million. It is also a Dictatorship. Whilst they might be able to think for themselves they can't share opinions that are anti state for fear of the consequences.

They do have access to international news but even if they do believe it, can't admit it or act on it. They have also been told stories about Ukraine (Nazis) and 'The West/NATO' that fit in with what generations of Russians have been told to fear.

Russians that can go on the internet can presumably read what the so called Russian Milbloggers write (Military Bloggers, people with military knowledge like former soldiers). According to Western sources they often criticise aspects of the Russian military (such as failures in attacks) but whether the ordinary citizen believes these article I don't know. They might see it as more Western propaganda. How the large number of 'body bags' and grieving families is dealt with I've no idea. Putin's position clearly rides on him being seen as successful. I don't know if the general populace can get rid of Putin but surely other powerful figures in the ruling circles can. If they are loosing major wealth - think of those Oligarchs like Abramovich - they might do something. If they do though there is real possibility we could get something worse.

Why could this war escalate - meaning nuclear presumably? If Putin feels he's losing control of the war. Perhaps worse would be Putin being replaced by a more aggressive leader. If Ukraine collapses and he threatens Poland, Lithuania etc..

I'm sure there are contacts at various levels between the participants but until one side or another is desperate or loses its will, I can't see anything happening in this area.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:58 am

Hipper wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:52 am

Why could this war escalate - meaning nuclear presumably? If Putin feels he's losing control of the war. Perhaps worse would be Putin being replaced by a more aggressive leader. If Ukraine collapses and he threatens Poland, Lithuania etc..
Just highlighting this bit Hipper if you don't mind

It doesn't matter who takes over, or if Putin stays when it comes to Russia after this war

Its like a Suez moment for us

Its the end of them as a great power, they are essentially going to be completely economically dependent on China and/or India, and have already essentially lost control of the ex-Soviet republics that surround Russia proper, and guaranteed a much stronger and much more united NATO

Its certainly a more dangerous moment for world peace (but that was guaranteed when Russia started to assume that it could do what it wants with ex-Soviet republics) but anything like this is counter balanced by the fact that whoever takes over will not want to kill themselves or their country

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:44 pm

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/statu ... AavyQ&s=19

The North Koreans might be joining the party, or they just might go missing when they get a chance to leg it

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:02 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:44 pm
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/statu ... AavyQ&s=19

The North Koreans might be joining the party, or they just might go missing when they get a chance to leg it
Maybe they'll run into the 10,000 Syrian's who joined last year but have never been seen. :lol:
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

KateR

Post by KateR » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:20 pm

following on from my questions yesterday, in todays news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65095126

Germany sending the tanks and UK tanks now already in Ukraine according to this report, therefore I expect we'll see these main battle tanks being deployed and in action shortly, along with other military pieces that could allow Ukraine to take the offensive and push Russia further back. As usual the rhetoric will be interesting to say the least!

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:57 pm

https://twitter.com/RusEmbUSA/status/16 ... AMRcg&s=19

Apparently we're guilty of Russophobia.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:13 pm

Turkey votes to allow Finland into NATO

Last hurdle cleared, and now Russia has another huge border with a NATO country

Strategic disaster of epic proportions for Putin

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1641547928304009221

https://twitter.com/MarinSanna/status/1 ... 1530967044
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:13 am

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:48 am
On the Americans pretending to fight in Ukraine, James Vasquez has in the past week been roasted.

He was challenged by a trans medic first.
That escalated quickly and the pentagon then released his service record which proved he was lying about just about everything.

Speak the truth have done a blog roasting him as they had him on the blog and raised $100,000 for his cause.

https://youtu.be/7mEnew0PgsI
I don't understand what he was exposed for?

As far as I can see Sarah Ashton is exposing him for not being contracted to the Ukraine Armed Forces.

Do foreign volunteers need to be contracted? Can they not just travel over and create their own small group of fighters with other volunteers and locals?

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:21 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:13 pm
Turkey votes to allow Finland into NATO

Last hurdle cleared, and now Russia has another huge border with a NATO country

Strategic disaster of epic proportions for Putin

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1641547928304009221

https://twitter.com/MarinSanna/status/1 ... 1530967044