Russia Invades

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: Russia Invades

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:32 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:19 pm
NATO need to point the Nukes towards Moscow and make the world aware it's an eye for an eye. The Kremlin puppets will soon stop advocating the use of nuclear weapons.
They are and have been for some time.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:33 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:02 pm
I was just in Belfast over the weekend and it’s one thing hearing about the Troubles etc from a far, but going and listening to locals and seeing the Peace Walls & various murals really gave me an eerie tingle down the spine - as well as a lot of food for thought… (some of the murals -especially in the Shankill road area are straight up British Fascism, extremely unsettling)

Now my point is for all the distress and generational trauma the Troubles caused, the total list of deaths is listed around 3500, with around 50K total casualties…

This war has been going on what, 8 months now and estimates of way over 100K people total lost in the war so far… it really just made me think how awful it has been and the sheer scale of it which I don’t really think I’ll ever be able to grasp.

I still don’t think a lot of the populace have any sort of grasp/idea how bad this war is.

It blows my mind that this is happening in Europe in the present day
I think that is why the support for Ukraine is pretty much universal all over Europe

All the countries have memories of what total war is like, and then you throw in the countries that used to be under Russian occupation and its even more recent

You have to assume that history is taught in Russia a lot differently than it is taught in other countries, and Russia have completely failed to understand why threats about nukes and energy blockades just make the support harden even more

One thing is abundantly clear sadly is that Russia is going to gear itself up for a long war, and almost certainly tear itself apart trying to do the impossible, but it will be at a huge cost for Ukraine and the West (though only financially for the West)

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by HahaYeah » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:44 pm

'support for Ukraine is pretty much universal all over Europe'

https://summit.news/2022/03/01/czechs-c ... ial-media/

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:52 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:02 pm
I was just in Belfast over the weekend and it’s one thing hearing about the Troubles etc from a far, but going and listening to locals and seeing the Peace Walls & various murals really gave me an eerie tingle down the spine - as well as a lot of food for thought… (some of the murals -especially in the Shankill road area are straight up British Fascism, extremely unsettling)

Now my point is for all the distress and generational trauma the Troubles caused, the total list of deaths is listed around 3500, with around 50K total casualties…

This war has been going on what, 8 months now and estimates of way over 100K people total lost in the war so far… it really just made me think how awful it has been and the sheer scale of it which I don’t really think I’ll ever be able to grasp.

I still don’t think a lot of the populace have any sort of grasp/idea how bad this war is.

It blows my mind that this is happening in Europe in the present day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... death_toll

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:42 pm

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by bpgburn » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Don't be letting this thread go off on a tangent, keep it on topic ffs
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:54 pm

Confirmed Russian withdrawal in Eastern Kherson

If I had to hazard a guess, the Russians have had to move better troops from this front to deal with the surging Ukrainian attack into Luhansk oblast

They can either lose ground here, or in Luhansk, they clearly can't hold both

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:42 pm
?
Scroll down and you will see the estimated deaths from major wars.

For example, WW2 tops the numbers at 85 million.

There's lots of wars, even current ones, that have pretty high death tolls.

I posted this as useful information to compare in response to your post on the losses in the Ukraine war.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:16 pm

KYIV INDEPENDENT: General Staff: Ukrainian army repels Russian attacks near 5 settlements.

According to the General Staff, Ukrainian troops repelled Russian attempts to advance near the settlements of Maiorsk, New York, Zaitseve, Nevelske, and Pobieda, Donetsk Oblast.

https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/sta ... 0ik5HJQ61g

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:21 pm

BBC WORLD: Questions over France's weapons supply to Kyiv

Recent analysis conducted on the ground in Poland and Ukraine shows that the French share of foreign arms deliveries is less than 2%, way behind the US on 49%, but also behind Poland (22%) and Germany (9%).

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/157 ... 0ik5HJQ61g

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:40 pm

CNBC News: On Saturday, Musk invited Putin via Twitter to join him for a conversation on Clubhouse, which is an audio-only app that’s growing rapidly after gaining popularity in Silicon Valley.
The Tesla and SpaceX CEO then said in Russian: “It would be a great honor to speak with you.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/15/russia- ... sting.html

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Kyiv Independent: Ukraine’s counteroffensive appears to be progressing in Kharkiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Kherson oblasts.

https://twitter.com/kyivindependent/sta ... 0ik5HJQ61g

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:54 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:40 pm
CNBC News: On Saturday, Musk invited Putin via Twitter to join him for a conversation on Clubhouse, which is an audio-only app that’s growing rapidly after gaining popularity in Silicon Valley.
The Tesla and SpaceX CEO then said in Russian: “It would be a great honor to speak with you.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/15/russia- ... sting.html
Really weird for Musk to say it would be “a great honour” to talk to an evil dictator causing so much loss of life.

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:08 pm

Musk doesn’t say “a great honour”, it translates to “honor” not great honour.

I’m certainly no Russian linguist but I do suspect it’s lost in translation. The English equivalent could well be “it would be good to speak with you” which would be correct, because it would be good for anyone in the west to speak to him.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:13 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:54 pm
Really weird for Musk to say it would be “a great honour” to talk to an evil dictator causing so much loss of life.
Yes, the backlash currently seems to on its way, Nexta News Agency has been digging at him regularly today.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:15 pm

Phillips OBrien - Now Russian sources are claiming that the Russian Army has pulled out of Dudchany and that there are no reinforcements on the way.

https://twitter.com/phillipspobrien/sta ... 0ik5HJQ61g

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:08 pm

I’m certainly no Russian linguist but I do suspect it’s lost in translation. The English equivalent could well be “it would be good to speak with you” which would be correct, because it would be good for anyone in the west to speak to him.
I hope so Zlatan.

Although not sure I’d trust Musk to broker a deal. Although stranger things have happened…

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 am

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 pm
I hope so Zlatan.

Although not sure I’d trust Musk to broker a deal. Although stranger things have happened…
Russia seem very keen on the idea of Musks, er, "peace plan"

I don't think you will find a bigger hint that Russia is in real trouble than that
This user liked this post: Zlatan

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:55 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 am
Russia seem very keen on the idea of Musks, er, "peace plan"

I don't think you will find a bigger hint that Russia is in real trouble than that
Very much so.

Wasn’t able to follow the news yesterday but there’s reports of big gains and collapsing lines in some places. You sense they’re on the run, lacking ammo, air cover, equipment, numbers, etc.

44 tanks lost yesterday according to Ukraine. I’m assuming a lot of that will be abandoned due to having to leg it, meaning they won’t have them in their next location to defend with.

They really need to think carefully over where to regroup in areas the can properly supply. If I were Putin I’d do that very quickly around the 2014 annexations and protect them. Of course he won’t and if the Ukrainians play a clever game, they’ll be able to pick them off town by town and destroy their equipment until they have nothing else left to defend with!

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:10 am

As a non expert, but interested observer, to me Russia's biggest problem of all must lie with the will to fight amongst men on the front line. IE morale. If you're Ukrainian you can clearly see what you're fighting for and that motivates you, even when the bullets and bombs are flying and things get really tough. I'd suggest 90% of the Russians don't actually believe in what they're doing and in what they're dying for and really just want to be at home. Therefore when things get really hairy, your overwhelming response is to run for it.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:20 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:10 am
As a non expert, but interested observer, to me Russia's biggest problem of all must lie with the will to fight amongst men on the front line. IE morale. If you're Ukrainian you can clearly see what you're fighting for and that motivates you, even when the bullets and bombs are flying and things get really tough. I'd suggest 90% of the Russians don't actually believe in what they're doing and in what they're dying for and really just want to be at home. Therefore when things get really hairy, your overwhelming response is to run for it.
Its not just morale, its training, its equipment, its doctrine, its supply capacity, its pretty much everything

Essentially it turns out that the Russian armed services are run like the country is, with corruption rife and the non-showy things (like maintenance, tyres, supply) ignored in favour of big shiny things that look great on TV
These 2 users liked this post: Dark Cloud frankinwales

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:24 am

It’s almost like a tennager waging war after getting experience off computer games.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:29 am

Ukraine are doing a fantastic job on behalf of NATO and the West, the destruction of the myth of Russian invincibility, the depletion of their war machine can only bring an end to Russian expansion plans and hopefully they will look towards the West to rebuild a decent society when Putin and his ways of thinking are confined to the dustbin of history.
These 4 users liked this post: Jellybean Lancasterclaret Colburn_Claret Vino blanco

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:31 am

Worth mentioning as well that with the increases in the defence budgets of NATO countries (especially Poland, who absolutely hate Russia) is that even after this war is over, Russia will have to bankrupt itself (like it did in the 80s) to keep up

Its still hard to contemplate what a huge strategic error this war is for Russia, and even harder to contemplate what sort of advice that Putin was getting so none of these dangers were mentioned

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:19 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:31 am
Worth mentioning as well that with the increases in the defence budgets of NATO countries (especially Poland, who absolutely hate Russia) is that even after this war is over, Russia will have to bankrupt itself (like it did in the 80s) to keep up

Its still hard to contemplate what a huge strategic error this war is for Russia, and even harder to contemplate what sort of advice that Putin was getting so none of these dangers were mentioned
I think it's absolutely clear that Russia have made a huge error and they'd all like to go back to February and cancel the whole show if they could. The problem they have imo is that it's all appears very "Hitleresque". If Putin suggests doing something, nobody around him would dare query it or suggest it might not work or put a sensible counter view. Then when the bad news starts rolling in, no one wants to become the one to tell it as it really is as you're then the one who cops for it and probably gets the blame. All you get then is yes men and at the top of any organisation that really isn't good. It means the realities and difficulties are never actually got out into the open and discussed at the highest levels and far too much goes unsaid and unchecked. Russian top brass have some absolutely amazing uniforms, but having a brilliant uniform clearly doesn't give you brains or boll***s.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:27 am

Just seeing lots of abandoned T-62M tanks in Kherson oblast from the Russians

If they are having to equip their front line troops (even if they are only DNR/LNR units) then they really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:09 am

Just a couple of observations from what I have seen on Twitter over the months.

At the beginning Russia had an overwhelming force of troops and equipment, which allowed them to move quickly and take a lot of ground.

The Ukrainians fought like lions around Kyiv to defend the city and the President. At that point Russia over stretched itself and it’s said ran out of fuel.
At that point it had Hugh stocks of munitions and just flattened cities and town to take them from a distance and the Ukrainians could do little to defend themselves.

The whole thing then stalled out for a while. If you have a listen to the speak the truth podcast with the American who was fighting there, they literally only fought during the day and he said it was like, “we let each other have breakfast and then started shooting”

Then western help started rolling in, training and equipment.

7 months on, Ukrainians have western weapons and have been using them for a couple of months. Firing real weapons you will make mistakes, the American guy tells how his first shot hit power lines. So the Javelin teams and stinger teams will have shot several now and be let’s say very competent with those weapons. That’s why I believe we see large amounts of tank kills and planes/ helicopters.

The HIMARS have made a Hugh difference taking out massive amounts of munitions, command and control centres and I believe a couple of trains.

Add to that the Russians have abandoned more equipment than the US has given the Ukrainians, that means the Ukrainian army is a force to be reckoned with.

They have more Russian kit than ever, which they are familiar with and can easily fix and use.
They have loads of western kit they now know how to use effectively.
They have had training in the UK, over 5,000 trained in the UK now and more trained by NATO.
Plus they have started making some huge quadcopter drones , with multiple payloads.
They have the best satellite information from the US.
Night vision Equipment pouring in that the Russians simply don’t have.

All in all, it’s not looking good for the Russians at the moment.
These 2 users liked this post: bfcjg NewClaret

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:13 am

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:24 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:19 am
I think it's absolutely clear that Russia have made a huge error and they'd all like to go back to February and cancel the whole show if they could. The problem they have imo is that it's all appears very "Hitleresque". If Putin suggests doing something, nobody around him would dare query it or suggest it might not work or put a sensible counter view. Then when the bad news starts rolling in, no one wants to become the one to tell it as it really is as you're then the one who cops for it and probably gets the blame. All you get then is yes men and at the top of any organisation that really isn't good. It means the realities and difficulties are never actually got out into the open and discussed at the highest levels and far too much goes unsaid and unchecked. Russian top brass have some absolutely amazing uniforms, but having a brilliant uniform clearly doesn't give you brains or boll***s.
I think Putin thought with his sheer quantity of armour that he could stroll in to Kyiv, take the city in 3 days and displace the leadership. Without any intervention from the West (probably not unreasonably give the lack of response in 2014).

As Lancaster said, an unfathomably huge mistake.

I know the Ukraine figures are disputed, but if you look at them, Russia have lost well over a third of their tanks, over a quarter of their planes and approaching half of their helicopters. That is if you believe their initial stock levels in the first place. That’s before you consider loss of men and commanders because I’m not sure Putin cares about loss of human life, but think he will equipment.

If they carry on they may be left with some nukes (allegedly) and a navy. And that’s it.

I’m guessing they need a certain minimum level of planes and equipment to defend their country and disputed territories. They must be getting perilously close to those levels or due to hit them soon. I can’t see them being able to sustain another 8 months of losses at these levels and Putin must know that.

For that reason, I think we’re closer to the end than the beginning. I’d take my troops and equipment and revert back to 2014 lines. I don’t think the West would want to support a bloody battle to reclaim them, push come to shove, and Putin might just hold on to power. He won’t if he keeps losing on the battlefield.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:38 am

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:24 am
I think Putin thought with his sheer quantity of armour that he could stroll in to Kyiv, take the city in 3 days and displace the leadership. Without any intervention from the West (probably not unreasonably give the lack of response in 2014).

As Lancaster said, an unfathomably huge mistake.

I know the Ukraine figures are disputed, but if you look at them, Russia have lost well over a third of their tanks, over a quarter of their planes and approaching half of their helicopters. That is if you believe their initial stock levels in the first place. That’s before you consider loss of men and commanders because I’m not sure Putin cares about loss of human life, but think he will equipment.

If they carry on they may be left with some nukes (allegedly) and a navy. And that’s it.

I’m guessing they need a certain minimum level of planes and equipment to defend their country and disputed territories. They must be getting perilously close to those levels or due to hit them soon. I can’t see them being able to sustain another 8 months of losses at these levels and Putin must know that.

For that reason, I think we’re closer to the end than the beginning. I’d take my troops and equipment and revert back to 2014 lines. I don’t think the West would want to support a bloody battle to reclaim them, push come to shove, and Putin might just hold on to power. He won’t if he keeps losing on the battlefield.
I think if the West can remain focused this winter, then Russia will essentially start the 2023 campaigning season with a much bigger, but less well equipped conscript army, and unless something changes, Putin will assume he can win the war, and will attack with it.

In about a month, maybe two, that army will be shattered, with huge losses due to poor training and out of date equipment and Ukraine will drive past the 2014 start lines and perhaps further

I still think the only realistic peace deal is something involving Crimea, but not Luhansk or Donestk

Russia's incrediably stupid move last week just massively complicates any potential peace plan though (as does Ukraine refusing to talk to Putin)

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:52 am

Several reports saying the Russians are trying to create a defensive line now at the next town called Mylove.

https://twitter.com/chuckpfarrer/status ... XJEjrIpEeA

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:04 pm

Some American fighting in Ukraine, funny clip, well I think it’s funny.

https://twitter.com/demeryuk/status/157 ... XJEjrIpEeA

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:09 pm

Everyones favourite tank counter has just counted his 1250th confirmed Russian tank loss

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/statu ... 3601586180

Massivefloodlights
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Massivefloodlights » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:21 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:08 pm

Weirdly enough, I am a Russian linguist. The use of the word ‘honour’ at all elevates the meaning beyond ‘it would be good to speak with you’. There are lots of other ways you could suggest that without the use of the word ‘honour’. And it’s actually supported with the adjective ‘big’, so it seems it was intended to have some emphasis.

That said, I am not fluent in Elon Musk so I have no idea whether it’s doused in irony or anything else!

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Massivefloodlights wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:21 pm
Weirdly enough, I am a Russian linguist. The use of the word ‘honour’ at all elevates the meaning beyond ‘it would be good to speak with you’. There are lots of other ways you could suggest that without the use of the word ‘honour’. And it’s actually supported with the adjective ‘big’, so it seems it was intended to have some emphasis.

That said, I am not fluent in Elon Musk so I have no idea whether it’s doused in irony or anything else!
thanks for the help in understanding - I was purely speculating though :)
This user liked this post: Massivefloodlights

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:49 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:31 am

I doubt that Putin takes advice from anybody. He asks questions, and chooses to believe the answers that suit him. Again very like Adolf Hitler.

You create an enemy (The Ukrainian Nazis), to justify a land grab.
You tell your audience that this is done to protect Mother Russia, all meat and grist to the common man.
You tell them that this is what the people of the land grab want, and it will only take 3 days (why not Ukraine got blown away in 2014).
You send out the military operation force and await all the plaudits.

That's when the wheels fall off. It was Putin's idea, Putin's desire, Putin's fault.
Only in a country that only recognises bullying as power, and not Democracy, your power looks very precarious if you don't fulfil your aims. So you blame the Generals and replace them, then replace the replacements, then replace the replacements replacements, anything so long as the blame doesn't point at you. The more Putin tries to paper over the cracks, the greater the damage to himself, and his people to be fair, becomes. More paper, bigger brushes, but the cracks just keep getting bigger.

There isn't an out for him, despite what the tw@t Musk thinks. His very life depends on winning, because if he retreats and gives up, his credibility within Russia is gone. The next regime will happily charge him for the failures and give him a push out of a high building as a thank you. He knows that. The more desperate he gets the nearer he'll get to firing some nukes. The only question left is will his cronies let him (they may not have a choice, some of them are in the same boat), and how will NATO respond.

If NATO respond immediately, in just the right amount, catastrophe can be averted still, but it will be a close call.
If Putin does lose power, then his only hope is to find a country willing to let him live out the rest of his life in Sanctuary. Iran or Syria maybe, because the millions of Russians who've been affected by the special operation, and have lost loved ones, lived through the futility of Putin's arrogance, the businesses that have been set back decades for his ego, and the Kremlin Hierarchy will not forgive him.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:11 pm

Fighting over this town has been going on for months, Ukraine claim to have retaken Davydiv Brid.

https://twitter.com/guderian_xaba/statu ... XJEjrIpEeA

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:20 pm

The whole northern front of Kherson appears to be collapsing. Instead of naming all the towns, here a link.

https://twitter.com/militarylandnet/sta ... XJEjrIpEeA

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:31 pm

After taking Lyman , those troops are moving north and trying to join with those moving south from Kupyansk. Russians don’t appear to be able to create defensive lines on several fronts.

https://twitter.com/ukraine_map/status/ ... XJEjrIpEeA

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:48 pm

Couple of T62 tanks abandoned as per Lancasters point.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:49 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:20 pm
The whole northern front of Kherson appears to be collapsing. Instead of naming all the towns, here a link.

Playing Devils advocate here, but after the breakthrough down the Dnipro over the last couple of days, it would make sense to withdraw from those towns and villages

Course, it could also be the front collapsing as troops panic that they are going to be cut off from their escape routes over the Dnipro!

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:53 pm

Video of a failed attack by the Russians, they lost 2 tanks, three BMPs and four petrol trucks.

https://twitter.com/sagakino1/status/15 ... XJEjrIpEeA

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:49 pm
Playing Devils advocate here, but after the breakthrough down the Dnipro over the last couple of days, it would make sense to withdraw from those towns and villages

Course, it could also be the front collapsing as troops panic that they are going to be cut off from their escape routes over the Dnipro!
What I see is another attempt by Ukraine to encircle more Russian troops and the way it’s going they look like it might be successful. Using the T22 and T04 road systems.

https://twitter.com/mhmck/status/157703 ... XJEjrIpEeA

Hipper

Post by Hipper » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:24 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:59 pm
What I see is another attempt by Ukraine to encircle more Russian troops and the way it’s going they look like it might be successful. Using the T22 and T04 road systems.

When it's written that 'The position of the Russian fascists on the right bank of the Dnipro River is beyond saving for the invaders' don't they mean the left bank?

Also notice on the map two towns, Davydiv Brid and Dudchany, that's very close to the actor named David Duchovny! His father's family was from Ukraine.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000141/bio ... _ov_bio_sm

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:30 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Could be. I think it's all about timing.
Far be it from me to judge Ukraine, they don't seem to have got much wrong so far.
The Russians will be forced to dig in, or be shot by their own, and clearing out these holes will slow the advance. I would bypass places like Mylove, where they are supposedly falling back to, and push on through the villages beyond. When the gap between the Russian defenders and their own front line becomes distant, you would hope they would see the futility of fighting on and save themselves.

Mind, I thought the same about Lyman, and the Ukrainians just took it.

The defence in the East has supposedly been weakened to help Bolster the Kherson front. If true it isn't working out so good.

Slavia Ukraine

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:44 pm

"When it's written that 'The position of the Russian fascists on the right bank of the Dnipro River is beyond saving for the invaders' don't they mean the left bank?"

No I think they do mean right bank. Right bank (as you look south west towards the way the river flows downstream) is the bit to north/west of Dnipro. IE. the ones not on the Crimean side of the river are in trouble as their retreat (with equipment anyway) is almost impossible because of blown bridges.

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:58 pm

Lowbankclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:20 pm

At least 40 square km have been taken in this region in the last couple of days. If they make it much further south along the Dnieper they'll hit the key crossing at the dam in Nova Kakhovka. That's going to make things very tough for the Russians.

Also, saw a drone video yesterday of two Russian soldiers 'enjoying each other's company' inside a ruined building and having a drone drop a grenade on them. I tried not to laugh because it was people dying, but then I thought of a conversation like, 'I'm coming!' 'Yes I know Ivan, keep going.' 'No, I mean incoming!' At that point I lost the battle and just laughed.

Probably not similar sounding words in Russian of course. :D

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:26 pm

Ive earlier seen a few videos of a ragtag of troops squatting out in the open but couldnt make out who they were /where /where from etc but a bit more info in the links. They claim to be remains of 222nd infantry battalion of LNR who were left to rearguard the regular Russian forces retreat from Lyman and got badly mauled retreating themselves. They're now in Schastia just north of Luhansk city and say just 193 people left and not much equipment. (Ive no idea how many this battalion started with but it looks to be a shambles now -having to be fed by the locals)

https://twitter.com/temafey/status/1577201787551232000

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status ... 4335869952

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Mind boggling, that some people are willing to fight to be part of a country that treats them like sh1t.

It's almost like the caste system in India, the way certain Russians look down their noses at other people, who are supposed to be Russian as well. Still the muppets don't get it. Can you really be indoctrinated to such an extent, that you can't see through the hypocrisy of all the bullsh1t.

Lowbankclaret

Post by Lowbankclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:31 pm

LeadBelly wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:26 pm
Ive earlier seen a few videos of a ragtag of troops squatting out in the open but couldnt make out who they were /where /where from etc but a bit more info in the links. They claim to be remains of 222nd infantry battalion of LNR who were left to rearguard the regular Russian forces retreat from Lyman and got badly mauled retreating themselves. They're now in Schastia just north of Luhansk city and say just 193 people left and not much equipment. (Ive no idea how many this battalion started with but it looks to be a shambles now -having to be fed by the locals)

https://twitter.com/temafey/status/1577201787551232000

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status ... 4335869952
It’s no wonder they have low moral and people want to run away when they see how the troops are treated. 193 survived and their wives and girlfriends have to drive to them to bring them some food. All that gets back to Russia even though the powers that be don’t want it too.