Q and A with Alan Pace tonight

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LowtonClaret
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Q and A with Alan Pace tonight

Post by LowtonClaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:08 am

The 100m investment cooling off after the Norwich game! Could this be the real reason he let SD and Co go. Could it have been an ultimatum from the Chinese I wonder!

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5085 times
Has Liked: 6898 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:15 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:25 am
Because he wasn’t born in Burnley General!
Or conceived up Crown Pount.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:21 am

LowtonClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:08 am
The 100m investment cooling off after the Norwich game! Could this be the real reason he let SD and Co go. Could it have been an ultimatum from the Chinese I wonder!
That was my immediate thought. SOMETHING else must have happened, or else why not do it immediately after Norwich?

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 437 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:24 am

Burnley87 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:31 pm
Business club members before the game tonight. Popped in before the game to answer questions
Interesting to hear.
£100m sounds like the ground would be renamed to me.

O/t I like how you utilise the digital board if you are who I think you are 👍

Gibbo
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 66 times

Post by Gibbo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:37 am

If we stay up and I know its a big IF, Pace appears to be a real gentleman and we will all look to the Dyce sacking as a turning point.
This user liked this post: eastcoastclaret

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:50 am

Of course the proof is in the pudding, but some aren’t even prepared to give Pace and Co the opportunity to mix the ingredients first before passing judgement.

I desperately want Pace to succeed with us, because it means we as a club will also be succeeding.

There are some very perverse Burnley fans that will take great delight if the new ownership doesn’t pan out, just so they can log on here and say ‘I told you so’.

I just don’t get it.
These 20 users liked this post: eastcoastclaret Milltown1882 RVclaret Gibbo longsidepies NewClaret Somethingfishy GodIsADeeJay81 Jörmungandr Goddy SussexDon1inIreland DubClaret ClaretCliff kernowclarets bfcjg Paulclaret Juan Tanamera Bop northeastclaret cockneyclaret

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:07 am

Pace hasn’t said the potential investors are Chinese. Just that he met them in China.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:14 am

TsarBomba wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:50 am
Of course the proof is in the pudding, but some aren’t even prepared to give Pace and Co the opportunity to mix the ingredients first before passing judgement.

I desperately want Pace to succeed with us, because it means we as a club will also be succeeding.

There are some very perverse Burnley fans that will take great delight if the new ownership doesn’t pan out, just so they can log on here and say ‘I told you so’.

I just don’t get it.
It’s because they revel in the little old Burnley closed shop mentality and they are threatened by people who actually want to try and challenge this and move the club forward. These fans are part of the problem and pace will have to succeed in spite of them.
These 3 users liked this post: eastcoastclaret Juan Tanamera cockneyclaret

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:19 am

What ever the new board do will never be enough for some on here.Jesus can you imagine the uproar if we got a big investor and renamed the ground,they would be choking on there Bovril.**** sakes someone last week wanted us to lose 10 nil,after the sacking of the messiah
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret yosserhughes

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:21 am

Most people within Royston Vasey are afraid of outsiders and the wider world.
These 3 users liked this post: gandhisflipflop DubClaret cockneyclaret

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:22 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:14 am
It’s because they revel in the little old Burnley closed shop mentality and they are threatened by people who actually want to try and challenge this and move the club forward. These fans are part of the problem and pace will have to succeed in spite of them.
I don't think that's completely fair. There are those who are opposed to ALK due to the nature of the takeover. I don't think that's necessarily a "little old Burnley" mentality, just concern over the security of the club.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:23 am

Sounds to me that once the Chinese deal fell through, Pace panicked and potted Dyche despite having no replacement lined out.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 am

paulatky wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:23 am
Sounds to me that once the Chinese deal fell through, Pace panicked and potted Dyche despite having no replacement lined out.
He did clarify the Chinese deal had nothing to do with the decision.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:22 am
I don't think that's completely fair. There are those who are opposed to ALK due to the nature of the takeover. I don't think that's necessarily a "little old Burnley" mentality, just concern over the security of the club.
There’s a few like that but also there’s quite a lot more just opposed to the owners and change. Look at all the comments about Pace’s religion and nationality for a start. Look at all the comments about how ‘great people of the club’ have been let go. Literally anything to have a dig.

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:26 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 am
There’s a few like that but also there’s quite a lot more just opposed to the owners and change. Look at all the comments about Pace’s religion and nationality for a start. Look at all the comments about how ‘great people of the club’ have been let go. Literally anything to have a dig.
Also referring to our owners simply as "Americans".

Stupid.
These 2 users liked this post: Tall Paul Juan Tanamera

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:27 am

Spiral wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:08 am
and if ever you wanted a demonstration of the capriciousness of a lot of those who seek to invest in football for a return then this is it. Hot after a win, cold after a defeat. Insanity.
This is why some clubs burn through managers like they're throwing logs on a burner.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:33 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:25 am
Without doubt but I replied to a post which suggested all those who were negative about the owners were in one camp.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:38 am

TsarBomba wrote:

I just don’t get it.
Me either Tsar. It's draining at times reading this board.
These 2 users liked this post: chadders Juan Tanamera

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:22 am
By all means, I can understand fans having concerns, but that has to be aligned with the willing to give them a chance. That point by those posters isn’t being emphasised strongly enough. Whatever these people do, it won’t be enough. They are part of the problem.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 am

Just because some people massive issues with the buyout, doesn't mean they are parochial inbreds. I don't think there's a single person who posts here who doesn't want Pace/AKL to succeed. After all, their success is also ours too, likewise with failure. Thing is though, should it be the latter - it will be with us well after ALK have moved on.

Anyway, bring on Wolves and UTC!

chadders
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by chadders » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:51 am

Lets see what happens. Still time and twists and turns. Good result last night and hopefully it turns out to be a sound decision for the club and community long term. utc

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1163 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:52 am

TsarBomba wrote:

I just don’t get it.
Sorry, it's nonsense this. Those of us who have problems with Pace/ALK would love to be wrong and only want the best for the football club. I enjoyed last night as much as anyone who thinks Pace is great.

Someone said above, we have no control over it so why not give them a chance? By the same token, we have no control over it so why does it matter if we don't trust them?
This user liked this post: JohnMcGreal

claretandbluesky
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by claretandbluesky » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:55 am

There is bound to be scepticism surrounding Mr Pace, the nature of the takeover, his knowledge of the game etc, alongside some rather scary anti-Americanism being spouted more often associated with the left of the Labour Party, but

Under him we have seen 4 really good signings, a continuation of the upgrading of the club, an emphasis towards youth and now the confirmation that the product we see on the pitch needs improving.

Yes an Americanism, the language of which rather grates to our ears.

But what Americans are good at is innovating, dealing with problems, and being hands on.

They won’t sit around waiting for things to happen.

Yes we may always be a bit doubtful about where this is heading.
Yes it takes us out of our comfort zone.
Yes there’s something about venture Capitalism which is distinctly unappealing

But where are the alternatives!
Where is the white knight coming in to take us back to homely little Burnley ?

No, we are on a journey for better or worse.
It might end in tears
It might end in triumph.

What it certainly won’t be is

DULl.
These 2 users liked this post: eastcoastclaret Juan Tanamera

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2604 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 am

A £100m business deal, cooled on 1 result.

Seems legit. Seems like the type of people you want to be working with.
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho Pearcey

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:59 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 am

Seems more reasonable that the deal was dependent on us being in the PL next season. That certainly looked a lot less likely after the Norwich game.
These 2 users liked this post: rob63 cockneyclaret

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:03 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:56 am

I agree, it does stretch the imagination a bit but perhaps it was seen as a result that was the difference between Premier League next year or Championship? Also, it might have cooled by only a very small amount and could have warmed back up a bit again now, haha.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1178 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:16 am

vancouverclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:31 am
cooling off. Vancouver Whitecaps (a)
Isn't oshkoshclaret a pilot? He could chauffer them around.

All you American exiles can put them up/arrange local facilities etc..

You could make it the cheapest training tour yet.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4106 times
Has Liked: 6589 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:17 am

I’m all for giving him a chance, and I have been rather scathing of those who haven’t.

Some good windows, some good players in. No problem with that…. And as much as I was “dyche in” I can see the reasoning behind sacking him, but I really can’t get my head around the timing of it all along with the fact there’s no one of any real experience in to pick the baton up. But then I suppose it’s not important for me to get my head round it….it’s happened and that’s that.

Certainly seen a reaction - these players were never bad players, we know from the Brighton and Spurs games this season that they can play football. I was very frustrated with us not trying to do more of it.

Anyway, “Pace in” for me, at least at the moment. Three against wolves on Sunday with a battling display like last night and we are right back in the mix. Even Leeds would be getting worried.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:17 am

Pace will probably also have signed an NDA, it is normal for both parties to sign it with a senior departure. So he would be having to skirt around the sacking. Still seems like some big falling out has occurred.

The outside investment doesn’t seem an issue if we stay up for a few years. The leveraged takeover would mean we have to live within our means even more but I’ll only badly worry if we go down and don’t bounce straight back.

The future plans sound OK - Americans love their family clubs and junior side, doesn’t surprise me if he wants a younger team and a better youth system. That’s the Burnley tradition too really.

The big call will be when to replace Jackson given nobody wants the gig for 4 weeks.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:17 am

Billy Balfour wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 am
I don't think there's a single person who posts here who doesn't want Pace/AKL to succeed.
I am not so sure on that point Billy

The way people are calling them out and making up stories/conspiracy theories about the sacking. We had won 4 games all season - he was sacked for poor performance. Nope -that can't be it, we are now calling out the owners for being linked to the Chinese state and that its some how China that caused SD to be sacked.

Why can't we just say ALK, Alan, Pace, Owner etc when we refer to them - why is their mormon religion, or the fact that he is American brought into it?

Why would they be so vociferous about them if they didn't have an agenda to want them out, or in reality really wanted to support the success of our club?

Why do fans talk about all of this stuff with absolute certainty that SD would have turned it around or that the decision was wrong. Nobody knows. They are the owners and they have the ultimate responsibility of the club success. There has been nothing that ALK have done that warrants the level of animosity towards them that I can see.

I get some people don't agree, or are cautious towards their approach but that's no reason for some of the things we see written on here.

It's toxic on here at times.
These 8 users liked this post: eastcoastclaret gandhisflipflop Steve-Harpers-perm Goddy Burnley1989 ClaretCliff Juan Tanamera Shappie

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3083 times
Has Liked: 5064 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:24 am

Mr. Pace looked very apprehensive in the crowd last night, presumably because he was expecting a backlash, especially if we hadn't won.
We played a lot better first half, against both West Ham and Southampton, but I refuse to get carried away.They did all the things I bemoaned SD for not doing. Playing to feet, bodies in the box, Jack back in the side.
As SD says, it guarantees you nothing, but we've given ourselves a chance.
The only downside is on every other occasion we have played to get out of the bottom 3 we have failed to turn up. Win on Sunday and I might even believe again.

As for AP, he did what he had to do, nobody said being chairman of Burnley was easy. Imo we have to back him, slagging him off, without anything concrete against him, just unsettles the whole club and players. We have to stick together.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:34 am

claretandbluesky wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:55 am
There is bound to be scepticism surrounding Mr Pace, the nature of the takeover, his knowledge of the game etc, alongside some rather scary anti-Americanism being spouted more often associated with the left of the Labour Party, but

Under him we have seen 4 really good signings, a continuation of the upgrading of the club, an emphasis towards youth and now the confirmation that the product we see on the pitch needs improving.

Yes an Americanism, the language of which rather grates to our ears.

But what Americans are good at is innovating, dealing with problems, and being hands on.

They won’t sit around waiting for things to happen.

Yes we may always be a bit doubtful about where this is heading.
Yes it takes us out of our comfort zone.
Yes there’s something about venture Capitalism which is distinctly unappealing

But where are the alternatives!
Where is the white knight coming in to take us back to homely little Burnley ?

No, we are on a journey for better or worse.
It might end in tears
It might end in triumph.

What it certainly won’t be is

DULl.
Totally agree with this. The alternative was to head back down the leagues anyway and just accept that we can’t compete, we are Burnley, without even wanting to try to compete. Sorry, that’s not what i support Burnley to do. I support Burnley because I dream that one day my hometown team can win something. Is it unlikely? Yes. Am I more likely to be disappointed? Yes. But I’d rather have a proactive board who want to try to broaden our horizons than one who is just happy to sit on the small town club little Burnley and operate within that comfort zone.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:37 am

Was it Dave Baldwin who was sat next to him in the crowd last night?

Spike
Been Liked: 598 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Spike » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:00 am

I can’t get excited at him clocking up airmiles with failed trips

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2603 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:00 am

Funniest bit of this thread is someone having a benny on the OP because they didn't post this at half 7. Last thing I'd be thinking about doing if I was at such an event and about to watch a vital Burnley game would be thinking "the only way anyone will believe me is if I post on UTC right now."

Anyway, obvs best to take everything with a pinch of salt. Not sure what's unbelievable about the alleged Chinese interest cooling after Norwich. You only have to look at the reactions of plenty of our own fans who decided we were staying up after Everton but definitely down after Norwich.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:02 am

clarethomer wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:17 am
I am not so sure on that point Billy

The way people are calling them out and making up stories/conspiracy theories about the sacking. We had won 4 games all season - he was sacked for poor performance. Nope -that can't be it, we are now calling out the owners for being linked to the Chinese state and that its some how China that caused SD to be sacked.

Why can't we just say ALK, Alan, Pace, Owner etc when we refer to them - why is their mormon religion, or the fact that he is American brought into it?

Why would they be so vociferous about them if they didn't have an agenda to want them out, or in reality really wanted to support the success of our club?

Why do fans talk about all of this stuff with absolute certainty that SD would have turned it around or that the decision was wrong. Nobody knows. They are the owners and they have the ultimate responsibility of the club success. There has been nothing that ALK have done that warrants the level of animosity towards them that I can see.

I get some people don't agree, or are cautious towards their approach but that's no reason for some of the things we see written on here.

It's toxic on here at times.
Indeed but you are contributing to the toxic nature of the debate.

According to the OP it was Mr Pace himself who mentioned China and linked it to the Dyche sacking.

You would have to be financially illiterate not to question the truth of a businessman willing to invest a £100 million and then "cooling" after one game. Coincidentally, the game after which the manager was sacked.

Either the OP is talking nonsense or Mr Pace is...!

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1751 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:05 am

It’s weird how people drop their cautiousness about sources of information if it supports a bias they hold.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:08 am

I like Pace and still support him but I find a lot of this very odd-
We lose at Norwich so he decides to get rid of the manager 5 days later with no plan about how to replace him and no contingency plan to fall back on. Then he embarks on a European trip to find a part time manager.
That level of performance would see him sacked in most companies.

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:21 am

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:08 am
We lose at Norwich so he decides to get rid of the manager 5 days later with no plan about how to replace him and no contingency plan to fall back on. Then he embarks on a European trip to find a part time manager.
Agreed. A gamblers throw of the dice seems to be paying off but I think some people on here should just think the through how someone could invest a £100 million in a company just bought for £200 million.

Talk of a "Royston Vasey" mentality: the shoe seems to be on the other foot

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:25 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:21 am
Agreed. A gamblers throw of the dice seems to be paying off but I think some people on here should just think the through how someone could invest a £100 million in a company just bought for £200 million.

Talk of a "Royston Vasey" mentality: the shoe seems to be on the other foot
What would Pace and co have to do for you to say anything positive about them?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:32 am

Burnley87 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:38 pm

Spoke with the players and asked them if they enjoy the type of football because he believes they are better than competing for headers
Brutal but so true :lol: :lol:
This user liked this post: bfcjg

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 am

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Surely it's pretty damn obvious to everyone now why Dyche was sacked..... to give the club the best chance at PL survival.

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:36 am

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:25 am
What would Pace and co have to do for you to say anything positive about them?
I'll answer this by asking you three questions:

Question 1: Do you believe there is a business man in China who is prepared to invest a £100 million into the club who then "cools" because we lose away to Norwich?

Question 2: Explain to me how someone could invest a £100 million in a club just bought for £200 million without materially changing the ownership structure of the club?

Question 3: Why is it me asking these questions and not you?

Of course, I'm presuming the OP didn't make this up

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:37 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:24 am
Mr. Pace looked very apprehensive in the crowd last night, presumably because he was expecting a backlash, especially if we hadn't won.
We played a lot better first half, against both West Ham and Southampton, but I refuse to get carried away.They did all the things I bemoaned SD for not doing. Playing to feet, bodies in the box, Jack back in the side.
As SD says, it guarantees you nothing, but we've given ourselves a chance.
The only downside is on every other occasion we have played to get out of the bottom 3 we have failed to turn up. Win on Sunday and I might even believe again.

As for AP, he did what he had to do, nobody said being chairman of Burnley was easy. Imo we have to back him, slagging him off, without anything concrete against him, just unsettles the whole club and players. We have to stick together.
Best post I’ve seen on this topic for a while.

Football was good last night, SO much more entertaining, although I’m not getting carried away as inevitably more open in parts too.

As for Pace - so far I can’t see he has done anything wrong and, as such, deserves our fullest backing as do the team in what will be a very tough period.

I’m hoping more of the town and supporters turn up on Sunday and we get the place as loud as can be!

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:37 am

paulatky wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:23 am
or maybe he watched that absolute shower of shite capitulation at Norwich, realised we were heading only one way with Dyche, took a few days to think and ultimately made a decision that gave us the best shot at PL survival?

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 am

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 am
Surely it's pretty damn obvious to everyone now why Dyche was sacked..... to give the club the best chance at PL survival.
Again that wasn't the point being made. The point made was that if Mr Pace had decided to sack Dyche most companies would expect a pretty robust plan of action before doing so. The inference is from the outside it looks like poor performance from an organisational perspective.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:41 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:36 am
I'll answer this by asking you three questions:

Question 1: Do you believe there is a business man in China who is prepared to invest a £100 million into the club who then "cools" because we lose away to Norwich?
Given our income will slash to nothing but parachute payments and we'll be out of the biggest league in the world, there's every reason why someone would cool interest based on the immediate future of the club and the division we'll be competing in next season. Pretty obvious I thought

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:42 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 am
Again that wasn't the point being made. The point made was that if Mr Pace had decided to sack Dyche most companies would expect a pretty robust plan of action before doing so. The inference is from the outside it looks like poor performance from an organisational perspective.
So you think Pace should've waited to sack Dyche until he had a plan in place? we couldn't afford to wait and let Dyche waste further games.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:42 am

SalisburyClaret wrote:
The level of performance from Dyche over the last 2 years would have seen him sacked in most companies. I would be genuinely intrigued as to how many fans who consistently backed Dyche over the last 2 years, would back an employee, as an owner of a business, who hadn’t performed in his role for 2 years and was unwilling to adapt when questioned?

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:43 am

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:41 am
Given our income will slash to nothing but parachute payments and we'll be out of the biggest league in the world, there's every reason why someone would cool interest based on the immediate future of the club and the division we'll be competing in next season. Pretty obvious I thought
Again you've cherry picked what you want to respond to and not made not much sense.

So, he decided that based on one game? His risk assessment and approach to due diligence "cooled" on an away defeat to Norwich?

And question 2 because question 1 is also dependent upon question 2. What is your view on that...?