Wood dropped

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Blakesboots
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 178 times

Re: Wood dropped

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:56 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:54 pm
Yes but that money wasn’t invested back in it’s entirety, it’s all good & well if the money is utilised towards the betterment of the club if it’s just spent towards debt repayments & funding somebody’s acquisition because they didn’t pledge the money upfront in the first place, it makes no odds if it’s 25m or he went for 250m the money isn’t there to be seen.
Christ on a bike!

No it wasn’t in that one window. You’ve no idea if it’s been sent forward to the summer budget, or if it has been used to service debt.

ALK bought the club, they now fund the club, this has been done to death. We’ve a great chairman in place and I’m happy with that setup and situation.

I am sure the club is moving forward.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

We’ll see in the passage of time if more money goes in than out, you never know Father Christmas & Rudolph might just exist after all.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1142 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

One thing is certain. UTC is not the valuable source of information it used to be especially for us overseas supporters who used to depend on it for everything Claret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

You block him

He disappears

spt_claret
Been Liked: 732 times
Has Liked: 460 times

Post by spt_claret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:45 pm
If journalists (especially political) had to divulge their sources, there would be no news.
With all due respect there's a world of difference between investigative journalists with proven track records and forum users saying "I've got it on good authority".

Especially when those users have no reliable track record, have a habit of pathologically taking the same side at every single occasion (the current regime) and in some cases only registered a week ago.

People who constantly defend the owners of the club, and then "leak" uncited stories which so happen to favour those owners, which aren't successfully corroborated or delivered on/proven, have a world of difference in credibility to people who regularly deliver on reliable information that ends up verified, while preserving the integrity of their source. Plus you have to recognise the difference in vested interest between only ever telling stories which happen to match your own opinions.

Trust is earned, not given freely, especially on matters reliant on taking an anonymous person's uncited word alone.

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:00 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:56 pm
Could not agree more. I don’t buy the ‘clique’ thing, for my own reasons. Without going into specifics Tony and I have known each other since he managed me for Junior Clarets, we share a mutual respect (in the main) but have often struggled to be in the same room for years at a time, for various reasons. I know Tony has some very good friends on here, but I remain very sceptical (knowing some of moderators) that there is any ‘clique’.
You’re falling into the trap of thinking I am solely talking about a moderators clique. There’s different ones throughout the board…

Ablueclaret and his many many logins are a clique in their own right for example.

There’s the younger clique that don’t have the context of the division four days to work with.

There’s the angry/aggressive clique that shout and scream at anything and chose a side based on the likelihood of an argument.

Then there’s the financial clique.

And so on
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:00 pm

Eddie's done a great job up there - helped by a huge spend for sure but still done well

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:02 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm
With all due respect there's a world of difference between investigative journalists with proven track records and forum users saying "I've got it on good authority".

Especially when those users have no reliable track record, have a habit of pathologically taking the same side at every single occasion (the current regime) and in some cases only registered a week ago.

People who constantly defend the owners of the club, and then "leak" uncited stories which so happen to favour those owners, which aren't successfully corroborated or delivered on/proven, have a world of difference in credibility to people who regularly deliver on reliable information that ends up verified, while preserving the integrity of their source. Plus you have to recognise the difference in vested interest between only ever telling stories which happen to match your own opinions.

Trust is earned, not given freely, especially on matters reliant on taking an anonymous person's uncited word alone.
So when people are proven right, or there’s credible information given at a later data do people admit that they were wrong?

Nope, just sarcasm!

Lots of love,
Alan ☺️

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:03 pm

Weren't Newcastle in the bottom 3 when he joined them ? They're now 9th and safe from relegation so he's helped in what was required. Eddie's praised his hold up play and his part in their survival. So I'd say it was good business for both clubs .

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:00 pm
Eddie's done a great job up there - helped by a huge spend for sure but still done well
As things stand they are currently 9th! Incredible. Spend has obviously helped but there are several examples of other clubs who spent big (QPR, Cardiff, Fulham to name a few) and were still rubbish.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2904 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:04 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Started well but you ‘pick sides’ something I think Tony should also be careful of (and often he is). The new owners fans are no different than those who just refuse to accept anything the new owners try, so it becomes by default ‘bad’. Bullshitters work on both sides of the line and others sway between what suits them at the time… that is the need for reference.
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret Blakesboots

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:08 pm

expoultryboy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:03 pm
Weren't Newcastle in the bottom 3 when he joined them ? They're now 9th and safe from relegation so he's helped in what was required. Eddie's praised his hold up play and his part in their survival. So I'd say it was good business for both clubs .
Yes that true, a lot of things have gone successfully for Newcastle despite an overwhelming consensus of posters on here maintaining EH & his additions weren’t going to make much of a difference & Newcastle were deep in the poo. CW played a part but it’s mindful to remember he wouldn’t have done it here had he remained.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:08 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:02 pm
So when people are proven right, or there’s credible information given at a later data do people admit that they were wrong?

Nope, just sarcasm!

Lots of love,
Alan ☺️
We're still waiting on proof for a lot of claims. There was an awful lot of insistence on trusting decisions in January which didn't pay off for one reason or another.

If proof arises I will happily concede. I've not taken on the rumours against the board in the Daily Mail either for the same reasons- they're unsubstantiated. I'm not the one picking and choosing what fits my beliefs.

Also, I'd recommend if you want to win over hearts and minds to scale back the smarminess and passive aggressiveness. I was angry over the sacking, and expressed that quite a lot at the time, but have been trying to unwind that because it's not remotely helpful. You're not going to endear people who are wary with your current approach.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:10 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:04 pm
Started well but you ‘pick sides’ something I think Tony should also be careful of (and often he is). The new owners fans are no different than those who just refuse to accept anything the new owners try, so it becomes by default ‘bad’. Bullshitters work on both sides of the line and others sway between what suits them at the time… that is the need for reference.
I have at no point endorsed rumours that fit my concerns. I dismissed the Daily Mail article about"not getting the club". I didn't believe this China deal stuff about that being the reason for the sacking.

I've been angry over things especially as certain posters get my goat. I'm not regurgitating hearsay even if it conforms to my concerns.
This user liked this post: elwaclaret

expoultryboy

Post by expoultryboy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:13 pm

Agree Jakub , that's why i said it was good business for both clubs .
This user liked this post: Jakubclaret

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:19 pm

Claret Tony does an amazing thing running this forum for fans to share and debate, read articles of days gone by and when searching other clubs forums after matches to see their meltdowns after we beat them (yeah not been looking much last 18 months) we really have a forum that as a club we should be proud of.

The problem with being big time is the club hire press officers, and several layers of staff protecting the clubs interests. CT at times has probably found himself with information that he probably would rather not know. Watching debates about certain things on here then seeing it turn into verbal slanging matches when he could say one sentence and shut the whole thing down, but he is between a rock and a hard place. What doesnt help is the little statements like "someone else has been sacked" but then saying "I cant reveal who yet though". Being a fan as he is I am sure he wants nothing more than to be a fan and be able to discuss everything Burnley, but things like that above are probably regretted after, knowing he probably should have kept schtum...but he is a fan, like we are all fans, so just because its CT, no more emphasis should be put on what he says more than anyone else, and he should just be allowed to post without a weird god like status where certain posters hang off his evedy word but then moan when he isnt sharing enough

Also what doesnt help is the amount of so called 'journalists' who use forums like this to write stories and report supposed transfer interests in players

Sadly the info leaving top flight clubs is getting less and less. The club dont want to give any snippets out for fear of allowing another club to nop in and outdo us, its very small margins and every avenue is explored and controlled by the club. Its similar to the interviews this week of Mike Jackson

MJ: "we have just focused on changing 5 or 6 things" Journalist: "can you tell us what those 5 or 6 changes are"
MJ: "Not really"

Obviously not, he isnt going to tell every team out there what changes we have made as we would be doing there pre planning for them. The idiocy of journalists amazes me.
These 2 users liked this post: k90bfc tiger76

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:20 pm

expoultryboy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:13 pm
Agree Jakub , that's why i said it was good business for both clubs .
At that time though it was just heavily recognised that the deal benefited 1 side & 1 side only & Newcastle were idiots for signing a half decent player who could do nothing right here & paid over the odds, it’s nice to see a fellow claret with a realistic view in recognition that he’s helped Newcastle, as for good business for both sides I’ll reserve that judgement on a double basis from our perspective until the season finishes, he could well hammer the final nail into the coffin.

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:25 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:08 pm
We're still waiting on proof for a lot of claims. There was an awful lot of insistence on trusting decisions in January which didn't pay off for one reason or another.

If proof arises I will happily concede. I've not taken on the rumours against the board in the Daily Mail either for the same reasons- they're unsubstantiated. I'm not the one picking and choosing what fits my beliefs.

Also, I'd recommend if you want to win over hearts and minds to scale back the smarminess and passive aggressiveness. I was angry over the sacking, and expressed that quite a lot at the time, but have been trying to unwind that because it's not remotely helpful. You're not going to endear people who are wary with your current approach.
Good one boomer 👍🏼

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:28 pm

Cleveleys_claret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:19 pm
Claret Tony does an amazing thing running this forum for fans to share and debate, read articles of days gone by and when searching other clubs forums after matches to see their meltdowns after we beat them (yeah not been looking much last 18 months) we really have a forum that as a club we should be proud of.

The problem with being big time is the club hire press officers, and several layers of staff protecting the clubs interests. CT at times has probably found himself with information that he probably would rather not know. Watching debates about certain things on here then seeing it turn into verbal slanging matches when he could say one sentence and shut the whole thing down, but he is between a rock and a hard place. What doesnt help is the little statements like "someone else has been sacked" but then saying "I cant reveal who yet though". Being a fan as he is I am sure he wants nothing more than to be a fan and be able to discuss everything Burnley, but things like that above are probably regretted after, knowing he probably should have kept schtum...but he is a fan, like we are all fans, so just because its CT, no more emphasis should be put on what he says more than anyone else, and he should just be allowed to post without a weird god like status where certain posters hang off his evedy word but then moan when he isnt sharing enough

Also what doesnt help is the amount of so called 'journalists' who use forums like this to write stories and report supposed transfer interests in players

Sadly the info leaving top flight clubs is getting less and less. The club dont want to give any snippets out for fear of allowing another club to nop in and outdo us, its very small margins and every avenue is explored and controlled by the club. Its similar to the interviews this week of Mike Jackson

MJ: "we have just focused on changing 5 or 6 things" Journalist: "can you tell us what those 5 or 6 changes are"
MJ: "Not really"

Obviously not, he isnt going to tell every team out there what changes we have made as we would be doing there pre planning for them. The idiocy of journalists amazes me.
I think the club have dipped their toes into this message board and they have attempted to win over hearts and minds with information and conversation, but a few posters mean you can’t do it without catching hell!

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:36 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:56 pm
So just to clarify, you’ve got inside info on the clubs account / bank to knowing where that money is? I’ll admit I don’t, but I can just go off the fact they had a close to £10m deal done for Orsic which Zagreb pulled the plug on at the last minute, not the clubs fault. That suggests to me they WERE prepared to reinvest the money. But perhaps you have inside info / are the club accountant so you’d know more in that case.
Obviously he doesn’t - but the point about the money not being reinvested in its entirety is a moot point either way. Because we don’t know whether we have received the full transfer fee yet, and we don’t know whether it will be used towards future transfers.

But as taio says, the debt needs servicing somehow so it would be naive in the extreme to think that proceeds from player sales won’t be used to do so.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:41 pm

It wasn’t good business on both sides because there was no business on our side. It doesn’t look like great business for Newcastle, but then again they’ve got unlimited wealth so it doesn’t matter a jot to them.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:42 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:36 pm
Obviously he doesn’t - but the point about the money not being reinvested in its entirety is a moot point either way. Because we don’t know whether we have received the full transfer fee yet, and we don’t know whether it will be used towards future transfers.

But as taio says, the debt needs servicing somehow so it would be naive in the extreme to think that proceeds from player sales won’t be used to do so.
Newcastle don’t pay on the drip it’s money on the table that’s what Simon Jordan said & he’s right, 3 teams in the PL don’t mess about like the rest with staggered instalments, the money is there with them teams in most cases I don’t think we would have agreed on any other basis such was the desperation to meet the debt repayments.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:44 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:36 pm

Point being they tried to ‘reinvest’ the money in January and CT believed the deal was done, only for the next day the plug was seemingly pulled (Orsic).

Agree that debt needs servicing and perhaps some % of fees received from player sales will be used to pay off the principal too.

But also ALK will be hoping to tap into new revenue streams (as Pace mentioned re. going to America in pre season, digital board advertising, commercial improvements etc) to service the debt. That’s before mentioning what a big external investment could do to pay off the debt, that’s what Palace did with their American investor in the summer. All of that is perhaps dependant on staying in the PL whereas if we go down then yes I can definitely see a % of player sales being used.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:48 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:44 pm
Point being they tried to ‘reinvest’ the money in January and CT believed the deal was done, only for the next day the plug was seemingly pulled (Orsic).

Agree that debt needs servicing and perhaps some % of fees received from player sales will be used to pay off the principal too.

But also ALK will be hoping to tap into new revenue streams (as Pace mentioned re. going to America in pre season, digital board advertising, commercial improvements etc) to service the debt. That’s before mentioning what a big external investment could do to pay off the debt, that’s what Palace did with their American investor in the summer. All of that is perhaps dependant on staying in the PL whereas if we go down then yes I can definitely see a % of player sales being used.
Yeah, we were obviously looking to spend more in January. It wasn’t specifically aimed at you BTW, I quoted your post to continue the discussion without realising there had been about 30 posts on the next page!!

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:28 pm
I think the club have dipped their toes into this message board and they have attempted to win over hearts and minds with information and conversation, but a few posters mean you can’t do it without catching hell!
Sadly you cannot have it all ways, sadly. There are many posters who the moderators would happily like to see the back of, but the rules of the board are followed and so repeat offenders become a bad joke. Some posters are clever and challenge perceptions (even if they don’t hold to what they write, half the time); others just get their kicks out of being offensive - yoy’ve got to remember trolls from other clubs often take months to be found out. Others only join to try to spin their own agendas etc. etc. It is why a lot of posters will only engage with certain other posters, with track records -hence the accusations of ‘cliques’ emerge.

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:49 pm
Sadly you cannot have it all ways, sadly. There are many posters who the moderators would happily like to see the back of, but the rules of the board are followed and so repeat offenders become a bad joke. Some posters are clever and challenge perceptions (even if they don’t hold to what they write, half the time); others just get their kicks out of being offensive - yoy’ve got to remember trolls from other clubs often take months to be found out. Others only join to try to spin their own agendas etc. etc. It is why a lot of posters will only engage with certain other posters, with track records -hence the accusations of ‘cliques’ emerge.
I get all that and it’s all valid. It just ruins the experience for all, and means the club shut doors that should be at least partly open.

spt_claret

Post by spt_claret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:25 pm
Good one boomer 👍🏼
I suspect I'm younger than you, maybe a similar age I don't know but certainly not a boomer. And this is exactly what I mean when I say it's no wonder people question your sincerity.

I want to be wrong and for the club to do better than ever under ALK. I want to take your side on this. I've defended the owners against the ridiculous and wrong attacks on their nationality and religion. You have someone wanting to trust you. I'm not coming at this from the obstinate position you seem to think.

expoultryboy

Post by expoultryboy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:04 pm

No business on our side , and there's me thinking we got Wort . Not great business by them even though they're now 9th .

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:07 pm

expoultryboy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:04 pm
No business on our side , and there's me thinking we got Wort . Not great business by them even though they're now 9th .
Selling Wood wasn’t ‘business’ on our part as we had no choice in the matter. Signing Wout isn’t relevant to the discussion.

I don’t think that it’s good business for Newcastle as they paid well over the odds, he’s barely scored, and from what I see hasn’t added much to their team. Them being 9th again is irrelevant.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:14 pm

expoultryboy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:04 pm
It’s debatable the people claiming it wasn’t optional irrespective of whether it was a good deal or not.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:26 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:52 pm
I get all that and it’s all valid. It just ruins the experience for all, and means the club shut doors that should be at least partly open.
Agree - but it is an open forum, not a Board mouthpiece. The only answer is a large ‘clique’ black-balling others on mass; which would be equally troublesome. One example from the old board (and occasionally this) is Holy Custard… it is the stuff of legend that HC was on the point of permanent ban, because people didn’t get him… then he became a board legend, when they suddenly did. Another that gets a lot of backs up is DA, but generally he is about opening minds to alternative viewpoints from the point being made.

The board is so vibrant because of the differences in perception… how do you manage that without destroying what should for any owners be a Golden goose… what better way is there to manage the message than be forewarned of potential criticisms? The club should embrace this relatively uncensored source… though never be driven by it.

The reason this board came into being is that the old board had become a bear-pit. It is why longevity on here is often a pointer, because posters can spot ‘trolls’ modus operandi (even when they change their account names and even IP).

The easiest way to bore trolls is by refusing to engage with them, rather than feed them with reasonable argument… and usually they are easy to spot because they all ‘like’ each other’s posts

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:34 pm

Frenchclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:16 pm
I see Wood has been dropped to the bench today at Newcastle
Can you be flagged offside from that position?
This user liked this post: Roosterbooster

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm

" Only fiction writers don’t quote sources." I think the world of journalism has passed you by elwa.

Police move to ban reporters from Birmingham Six journalist ...https://www.theguardian.com › uk-news › feb › birmin...
22 Feb 2022 — Journalists are professionally bound to maintain the confidentiality of sources and Mullin is refusing to disclose the requested material on ...
This board is sometimes up it's own arse.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:00 pm
You’re falling into the trap of thinking I am solely talking about a moderators clique. There’s different ones throughout the board…

Ablueclaret and his many many logins are a clique in their own right for example.

There’s the younger clique that don’t have the context of the division four days to work with.

There’s the angry/aggressive clique that shout and scream at anything and chose a side based on the likelihood of an argument.

Then there’s the financial clique.

And so on
Then there's the football expert clique, of which only KRBFC is apart of.
This user liked this post: Blakesboots

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:17 pm
I am not saying or pointing at anyone in particular, especially on this board but there was a worrying link between meetings and then information being in given out. Trust is a two way process.

The issues raised by the fans about the youth teams and information I think upset the club.
Thanks for the update Alan

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Blakesboots wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:28 pm
I think you have indeed Alan

It’s what you in America call “bottom crawling” as is you queuing for a soft drink and a pizza in the fanzone.

The offer of a coffee before the match tomorrow still stands !!

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:25 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:06 pm
Then there's the football expert clique, of which only KRBFC is apart of.
I was actually wondering which clique I was in, but your clique made me smile then laugh. Only you KRBFC !
This user liked this post: KRBFC

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:30 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:41 pm
No its no different to Tittle-tattle, unless the poster can be identified as having credible sources (in their own right) in the first place. Then everything you say is expected to be ‘gospel’ or you get a backlash.
Then don’t go looking for rumours and moan when there aren’t any… you can’t have it both ways

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2293 times
Has Liked: 2166 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:42 pm
Not if the poster is proven to be credible. Tony doesn’t share his sources when he shares information.
But that’s fine as he’s seen as a god.
I genuinely have known things through having friends that are agents or players, but you wouldn’t post some things for this reason

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:50 pm

cblantfanclub wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:54 pm
" Only fiction writers don’t quote sources." I think the world of journalism has passed you by elwa.

Police move to ban reporters from Birmingham Six journalist ...https://www.theguardian.com › uk-news › feb › birmin...
22 Feb 2022 — Journalists are professionally bound to maintain the confidentiality of sources and Mullin is refusing to disclose the requested material on ...
This board is sometimes up it's own arse.
The exception that proves (tests) the rule - investigative journalists do not become such overnight. They have trained and earned their stripes as ‘reporters’ who do have to quote their sources; the difference between tabloids and broadsheets is based not only on paper format (or former formats) but the level of journalists and sources they employ… I don’t see how people sharing their training and reasonable discussion equates to ‘the board being up its own arse?”

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:56 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:30 pm
Then don’t go looking for rumours and moan when there aren’t any… you can’t have it both ways
Think you are mistaking me for someone else. I neither crave rumours or criticise those who offer them. I may comment; but it is VERY rare I criticise a poster for it, then only when it is blatantly nonsense. Of course there are those who randomly post something and then spit their dummies out when clarification is sought. But I cannot help someone opening a discussion point and then refusing to accept any discussion that doesn’t fit their own opinion.

Blakesboots

Post by Blakesboots » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:19 pm

paulatky wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:23 pm
I think you have indeed Alan

It’s what you in America call “bottom crawling” as is you queuing for a soft drink and a pizza in the fanzone.

The offer of a coffee before the match tomorrow still stands !!
Why wouldn’t the chairman want to be in touch with the fan base and in fact that fans during games?

I haven’t come across ‘bottom crawling’ in any meeting and I come across enough jargon to last anyone a lifetime! 😂

The chairman would hardly be queuing for beer, and who doesn’t love pizza? 🤷🏻‍♂️
This user liked this post: cblantfanclub

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 329 times
Has Liked: 251 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:34 pm

The chairman doesn’t drink coffee either does he??

Jamesy
Been Liked: 791 times
Has Liked: 526 times

Post by Jamesy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:42 pm

Eloise Laws wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:34 pm
The chairman doesn’t drink coffee either does he??
I don’t want to comment on Wood but I’m at home at present and listening to the so soulful and song with feeling Love Factory after a few craft beers and just want to applaud you again on your username! KTF

bobinho
Been Liked: 4094 times
Has Liked: 6570 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:50 am

Let’s not pretend Wood is something he ain’t….

He’s been dropped because he’s brought to the Newcastle team what he brought to ours this season…. Nowt. He has one game, one style and he’s one dimensional and if your team doesn’t play that way, you might as well start with ten men. If you play to his strengths, he can be decent, but if Newcastle did that, then they’d have to bypass quite a few good players. And if they’d done that, they’d still be in the mire with us.

He’s been dropped for good reason….
This user liked this post: Steve1956

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:30 am

bobinho wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:50 am

He’s been dropped because he’s brought to the Newcastle team what he brought to ours this season…. Nowt. He has one game, one style and he’s one dimensional and if your team doesn’t play that way, you might as well start with ten men. If you play to his strengths, he can be decent, but if Newcastle did that, then they’d have to bypass quite a few good players. And if they’d done that, they’d still be in the mire with us.

Very much so. And he wasn’t even bringing that this season.

I think Dyche’s downfall was ultimately not working out that our style needed a complete overhaul after Wood left, and probably before he did too.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:30 am

bobinho wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:50 am

Can't see him getting anywhere near the starting 11 next season,but still he will be comfortable in his comfort zone sat on the bench.
This user liked this post: bobinho

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:52 am

Steve1956 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:30 am
Can't see him getting anywhere near the starting 11 next season,but still he will be comfortable in his comfort zone sat on the bench.
Depending on how big the Saudi’s go in the summer window, we might not even see him on the bench.
This user liked this post: Steve1956

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:53 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:52 am
Depending on how big the Saudi’s go in the summer window, we might not even see him on the bench.
Exactly

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:04 am

bumba wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:39 pm
No because he isn't in the loop anymore so has a problem with the new people at the club

Be careful Tony will have your card marked now. Don't be surprised if you get banned for 30 days 😀