DVT

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

DVT

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed May 18, 2022 6:38 pm

Even worse than VAR... Just looking for some advice or thoughts from anybody diagnosed with, or tested for, a DVT, a deep vein thrombosis

I woke up Saturday morning with what felt exactly like a pulled left calf muscle and which I'd assumed I'd picked up from cycling or the rowing machine.

I went to the docs havi g seen online a lot of the symptoms match a DVT.

Had a blood test today and, **** me, the chemical that shows a clot being very possible was on the high side.

Scan on. Friday and on blood thinners until then.

Has anybody had a similar experience, am I justified in cacking myself until then or are the partial reassurances I've been given justified?

Daft thing is, just before the doc rang me with the results, I'd just breezed round a thirty miler on the bike with hardly any discomfort in my calf.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Re: DVT

Post by pushpinpussy » Thu May 19, 2022 6:16 am

my friend was diagnosed eddie and he was told to sort his diet out and get fit by his GP apparently. no idea if that would help you but i don think Covid helped my mate as he came back to the gym last year and had really piled on the calories.